Dog ate staples

Breed: cocker spaniel
My dog may have ingested 4 staples last night around midnight. She is acting completely normal but I wonder what symptoms I may need to look for if a staple has caught itself on an intenstine or other organ. Can I feed her some chicken and rice mixed w/her food to encourage her to eat? She's not a big eater and is a little spoiled with having something mixed w/her food before chowing down.

It always amazes me what pets will eat! Why on earth would an animal want to eat staples!!!

It is extremely unlikely that your dog will have any serious issues because of this. They should pass in the stool within 12-48 hours.

It's not a bad idea to feed her a bran muffin or some canned food sprinkled with 1/4 tsp bran to help bulk up her stools.

I really can't see a staple penetrating through the intestines. However if they haven't come out in 2 days or if you are seeing any blood in the stool, black stool, vomiting, or lethargy then it would be good to have your vet take some xrays.

Hope everything comes out well!

Does my puppy have a UTI? My puggle puppy usually tells me when she has to go out. But for the past two-three... (10717 views)

Lesion on cat's neck Hello, My cat had a lesion on his neck, it caused him no obvious pain. I... (8031 views)

How much water does a puppy drink? My dog is almost 9 months old and he drinks water all the time i often find him... (13519 views)

Chronic ehrlichiosis treatment. I have a 7 year old Black Russian Terrier that was diagnosed 1 year ago with... (14327 views)

Cushings and cataracts. Our Little Jack Russell is 15 years old. He is blind from cataracts. And now the vet... (13004 views)

Double dose Metacam. We accidently gave our dog two doses of metacam. He is 80 pounds. We give him 1.5... (46112 views)

Is rescue cat in pain? Hello I took in a stray female cat about 10 days ago. HER behaviour is odd. She... (8280 views)

dog rigid then drowsy I was rubbing my dog's tummy while he was lying on his back like always. He then... (8236 views)

Lumps on dog's ear. Rocky has three very small bumps on the inside of the flap of his ear. They have... (29476 views)

Time for euthanasia? I am trying to make the decision on putting my dog down. She no long is herself and... (15804 views)