Spots on belly of Golden Retriever.

Breed: GOLDEN RETRIEVER
my dog recently had dirty brown spots on her stomach when i touch them or wash them they peel off i think its part of her skin she recently began swimming in our chloranted pool could this be the problem or is there some other source causing this

While I can't say for sure without examining your dog, what you are describing sounds like it could be a bacterial skin infection. Golden Retrievers seem to get more skin infections than other breeds for some reason.

The peeling skin you are mentioning may be something called a collarette which is what tells us there is bacteria there.

If there is a bacterial infection, they almost always need a 2-8 week course of oral antibiotics prescribed by your vet in order to clear up. Creams and other topical medicines do not seem to work.

You may also want to ask your vet about the possibility of underlying hypothyroidism as this can be common in Goldens as well.

Black spot on tongue. My dog, Bogey, has developed a black spot on his tongue about 3 months ago. It was a... (21007 views)

Natural treatment for fever in a cat. Hello, My friend's cat is suffering from fever. I would like to know... (6097 views)

Skin infection is back. Hello Doctor, My dog has had open sores on his ears, neck and back. They start as... (6926 views)

Muscle atrophy in a cat. Its been two weeks since my 13 yr old cat, Sweety, has been unable to walk and the 4... (19955 views)

How to socialize fearful dog. how do you socialize a fearful dog? this dog I have will not go by anyone, if I walk... (8914 views)

Cat died. Hit by car? My cat was found a few days ago under my neighbours car. He had been bleeding from... (22058 views)

Heartworm and MDR1 I rrecently had both dogs genotyped for MDR1 mutation and both are positive. Bella... (5118 views)

Rottweiler urinating frequently. my dog has getting let out all the time and and and recently she has been weeing... (6216 views)

Possible laryngeal paralysis. Jet has started making sounds like he is gasping for breath and then coughs. This... (9968 views)

Itchy between anus and penis. My dog is licking/scratching a lot in the area between his anus and his penis. It's... (28218 views)