Spots on belly of Golden Retriever.

Breed: GOLDEN RETRIEVER
my dog recently had dirty brown spots on her stomach when i touch them or wash them they peel off i think its part of her skin she recently began swimming in our chloranted pool could this be the problem or is there some other source causing this

While I can't say for sure without examining your dog, what you are describing sounds like it could be a bacterial skin infection. Golden Retrievers seem to get more skin infections than other breeds for some reason.

The peeling skin you are mentioning may be something called a collarette which is what tells us there is bacteria there.

If there is a bacterial infection, they almost always need a 2-8 week course of oral antibiotics prescribed by your vet in order to clear up. Creams and other topical medicines do not seem to work.

You may also want to ask your vet about the possibility of underlying hypothyroidism as this can be common in Goldens as well.

Chances of getting rabies from my dog? My wife was recently bit by my dog. My dog has battled allergies and likes to lick... (21910 views)

Vomiting foamy yellow stuff. My Yorki 8 Lb and was throwing up yellow foamy and almost puss like stuff 3 days ago... (14144 views)

Helicobacter in ferrets. HI! I read your response regarding the ferret who was not eating, vomiting, lying in... (10407 views)

Rare form hepatitis. I got Sadie in January this year. She is a rescue. She's been sick since February.... (2823 views)

Purple feces. Why is my dog's poop... (9786 views)

ECG for heart murmur? Hi, We have an 8 year old european shorthair cat who was recently diagnosed as... (6353 views)

Zodiac safe? Is Zodiac Spot Treatment safe to use on my small dog and... (6665 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in puppy. Lady is almost 5 months now, she's a typical Aussie puppy. She lives with me, my... (3812 views)

Itchy dog. This is a follow on of a question past #2740. Choo Choo's itch has continued all... (4709 views)

Will neutering stop a dog peeing on things? hi i my dog pisses on everything well getting him fixes stop that thanks... (7631 views)