Spots on belly of Golden Retriever.

Breed: GOLDEN RETRIEVER
my dog recently had dirty brown spots on her stomach when i touch them or wash them they peel off i think its part of her skin she recently began swimming in our chloranted pool could this be the problem or is there some other source causing this

While I can't say for sure without examining your dog, what you are describing sounds like it could be a bacterial skin infection. Golden Retrievers seem to get more skin infections than other breeds for some reason.

The peeling skin you are mentioning may be something called a collarette which is what tells us there is bacteria there.

If there is a bacterial infection, they almost always need a 2-8 week course of oral antibiotics prescribed by your vet in order to clear up. Creams and other topical medicines do not seem to work.

You may also want to ask your vet about the possibility of underlying hypothyroidism as this can be common in Goldens as well.

Dog vomiting clear mucus and white foam. My dog continues to throw up a clear mucus with white foam. He is still very... (19599 views)

Panleukopenia vaccine. we have two 12 week old kittens. last week we looked after two 7 week old kittens... (8662 views)

Mercury levels in canned tuna cat food. My cat eats a lot of tuna flavored canned cat food. I have heard that mercury in... (16793 views)

Problems after anesthetic. My cat was put on anesthia for the blood draw, which was not approved by me. This... (22627 views)

Cat behavior problem. We got a 13 year old girl recently (just months ago, not even a year). And we have a... (10140 views)

Vet drained cyst. A few months back my dog developed a blocked sweat gland. My former vet basically... (7702 views)

Cat hardly eating. my cat has recemtly been in the catery. since returning she has hardly eaten and is... (10758 views)

Tapeworm pictures in a dog. I just discovered my dog has worms in her poop. She sleeps on our bed and where she... (36804 views)

How to make cat urinate. is there something we can put in her food to make her... (7974 views)

Dog is shaking I can't afford to bring my dog to the vet. I would like to know my dog has a lack of... (82640 views)