Trembling chihuahua.

Breed: CHUHUHUA MIX
SHE HAS BEEN TREMBLING FOR 2 DAYS AND HAS NOT EATEN FOR FOR 2 DAYS. OTHERWISE SHE SEEMS NORMAL. ANYTHING TO WORRY ABOUT? THANKS, DAVID .

Hi David...thanks for your question. I'm sorry to hear that Sassy is not feeling well.

This is a tough one to answer without actually examining Sassy but I can give you a few ideas.

The most common reason to see the symptoms that you are describing is some type of pain. Unfortunately in little dogs like this, back pain is quite common. It can sometimes be hard to diagnose back pain but an experienced vet should be able to tell you if she is painful.

If she is, then some anti-inflammatory medication should help. Unfortunately there really isn't anything I can recommend for you to give her without seeing her as some anti-inflammatory meds can be dangerous in certain situations.

The fact that she is not eating has me concerned as well. This is often a sign of pain or discomfort.

There are other possibilities. She could possibly have pancreatitis which is a serious problem that causes pain in the abdomen. Usually dogs with pancreatitis will have vomiting, but not always.

If she is not spayed then I would be concerned about an infection in her uterus. This is most common a couple of months after a heat cycle.

It does sound like a vet visit is in store.

I hope she does ok!

THANKS FOR YOUR RAPID RESPONSE. I ADDED A P.S.LATER THAT HER HIND LEGS WERE SHAKING AS WELL. ANY CHANGE IN YOUR DIAGNOSIS. I APPRECIATE YOUR CONCERN AND PROMPT REPLY. DAVID W4KD @HOTMAIL.COM

You're very welcome. The shaking of the back legs makes me even more suspicious of a back problem David. The best thing I can recommend tonight is to keep her as quiet as possible and not encourage any jumping or going up or down stairs.

Your vet will do a good thorough exam and will likely prescribe some medication for pain.

I really hope she is ok!

Do sheep die on their backs? Hi, there. We have been having a debate about a sheep we saw in the field behind... (75986 views)

Possibly hip dysplasia. Dear Dr. Marie, I recently had to put my dog down as he was only two and a half... (8843 views)

Pregnancy question. My golden retriver mated with my chiuahuh and the chihuhah is pregnat would i need... (11191 views)

Bumps over dog's body. My pug is having dry bumps on his body.. It's not paining him but yeah it's bit... (9802 views)

Kitten won't get out of litter box. PLEASE HELP...MY RAGDOLL KITTEN 9 WKS OLD WONT GET OUT OF THE LITTERBOX HARDLY AT... (11344 views)

Pregnancy test for dogs? How can I tell if my dog is pregnant? She was with a male dog yesterday and I think... (20620 views)

Time for euthanasia? I am trying to make the decision on putting my dog down. She no long is herself and... (18468 views)

Dog ate toy. Yes, he's at it again. Last night, 9 pm, I bought him a toy penguine to chew on.... (127102 views)

Dog's face is swollen. my dog's face is swollen, her muzzle is swollen on both sides and very firm/hard... (132233 views)

Safe fruits and vegetables for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a young cat who likes to eat certain fruit and vegetables,... (25810 views)