Trembling chihuahua.

Breed: CHUHUHUA MIX
SHE HAS BEEN TREMBLING FOR 2 DAYS AND HAS NOT EATEN FOR FOR 2 DAYS. OTHERWISE SHE SEEMS NORMAL. ANYTHING TO WORRY ABOUT? THANKS, DAVID .

Hi David...thanks for your question. I'm sorry to hear that Sassy is not feeling well.

This is a tough one to answer without actually examining Sassy but I can give you a few ideas.

The most common reason to see the symptoms that you are describing is some type of pain. Unfortunately in little dogs like this, back pain is quite common. It can sometimes be hard to diagnose back pain but an experienced vet should be able to tell you if she is painful.

If she is, then some anti-inflammatory medication should help. Unfortunately there really isn't anything I can recommend for you to give her without seeing her as some anti-inflammatory meds can be dangerous in certain situations.

The fact that she is not eating has me concerned as well. This is often a sign of pain or discomfort.

There are other possibilities. She could possibly have pancreatitis which is a serious problem that causes pain in the abdomen. Usually dogs with pancreatitis will have vomiting, but not always.

If she is not spayed then I would be concerned about an infection in her uterus. This is most common a couple of months after a heat cycle.

It does sound like a vet visit is in store.

I hope she does ok!

THANKS FOR YOUR RAPID RESPONSE. I ADDED A P.S.LATER THAT HER HIND LEGS WERE SHAKING AS WELL. ANY CHANGE IN YOUR DIAGNOSIS. I APPRECIATE YOUR CONCERN AND PROMPT REPLY. DAVID W4KD @HOTMAIL.COM

You're very welcome. The shaking of the back legs makes me even more suspicious of a back problem David. The best thing I can recommend tonight is to keep her as quiet as possible and not encourage any jumping or going up or down stairs.

Your vet will do a good thorough exam and will likely prescribe some medication for pain.

I really hope she is ok!

Puppy leaking urine. My puppy seems to be going pee while he sleeps .. He's 7 weeks old. Is this normal?... (9332 views)

Should I get an ultrasound? Dear Dr. Marie, My dog has a grade 3-4 heart murmur that she’s had her whole... (9604 views)

Dog is drooling. My dog is drooling non-stop! It just started this morning after I let him... (19433 views)

Grade 4 heart murmur. Today I had went to a new vet with my 8 year old Cocker Spaniel, and while the vet... (11660 views)

Excessive drooling Recently my cat, who is a little more than 15 years old, has stared excessively... (5337 views)

Infection in nose and eye. HI, My dog Bear is 10 yr old black Lab. He weighs 110lb he is overweight, but he is... (7955 views)

Clavamox drops out of fridge. Hey Doc...Sparky was put on Clavamox drops because he has an abscess. The vet... (50843 views)

High bile acids Hi Dr. Marie Over the course of the past 9 months, my dog Oreo's liver enzymes... (47144 views)

Pink lump on dog's paw. I just noticed my Daschund has a small lump on one of her paws. It is pinkish in... (58696 views)

Crusty ears on stray cat. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. There is a small stray cat I... (11078 views)