Trembling chihuahua.

Breed: CHUHUHUA MIX
SHE HAS BEEN TREMBLING FOR 2 DAYS AND HAS NOT EATEN FOR FOR 2 DAYS. OTHERWISE SHE SEEMS NORMAL. ANYTHING TO WORRY ABOUT? THANKS, DAVID .

Hi David...thanks for your question. I'm sorry to hear that Sassy is not feeling well.

This is a tough one to answer without actually examining Sassy but I can give you a few ideas.

The most common reason to see the symptoms that you are describing is some type of pain. Unfortunately in little dogs like this, back pain is quite common. It can sometimes be hard to diagnose back pain but an experienced vet should be able to tell you if she is painful.

If she is, then some anti-inflammatory medication should help. Unfortunately there really isn't anything I can recommend for you to give her without seeing her as some anti-inflammatory meds can be dangerous in certain situations.

The fact that she is not eating has me concerned as well. This is often a sign of pain or discomfort.

There are other possibilities. She could possibly have pancreatitis which is a serious problem that causes pain in the abdomen. Usually dogs with pancreatitis will have vomiting, but not always.

If she is not spayed then I would be concerned about an infection in her uterus. This is most common a couple of months after a heat cycle.

It does sound like a vet visit is in store.

I hope she does ok!

THANKS FOR YOUR RAPID RESPONSE. I ADDED A P.S.LATER THAT HER HIND LEGS WERE SHAKING AS WELL. ANY CHANGE IN YOUR DIAGNOSIS. I APPRECIATE YOUR CONCERN AND PROMPT REPLY. DAVID W4KD @HOTMAIL.COM

You're very welcome. The shaking of the back legs makes me even more suspicious of a back problem David. The best thing I can recommend tonight is to keep her as quiet as possible and not encourage any jumping or going up or down stairs.

Your vet will do a good thorough exam and will likely prescribe some medication for pain.

I really hope she is ok!

Pig ears and diarrhea. Hi, My dog gets occasional diarrhea, like twice a week maybe, I had to take her... (13744 views)

Vet lost the lump! My cat had surgery last Thursday to have a cyst on his toe removed to see if it was... (9944 views)

In pain after spay. Our dog got spayed 2 days ago and she still cries in pain quite a bit. I was... (10915 views)

Coughing. Antifungals. My seven year old, male Lab cross, Nero, has a strange condition that I have not... (7486 views)

Does my cat have glaucoma? About 2 weeks ago, I started noticing that Mietzi's right pupil would always stay... (5231 views)

Crusty scab on cat. Last week I noticed a bare patch of skin on the back of my cat's neck about the size... (10471 views)

Is kennel cough contagious to people? hi my 3 year old standard poodle went to the groomer on wed and today he was... (10970 views)

Dog ate sewing needle. I think my dog has swallowed a sewing needle. What should I... (35836 views)

Sick puppy. Our Westie puppy, Minnie, is 12 weeks old today. We got her 23 days ago. From Day... (10253 views)

Epogen for cat with anemia. Hi Dr. Marie, I need a second opinion. My 19 year old male cat was recently... (11241 views)