Trembling chihuahua.

Breed: CHUHUHUA MIX
SHE HAS BEEN TREMBLING FOR 2 DAYS AND HAS NOT EATEN FOR FOR 2 DAYS. OTHERWISE SHE SEEMS NORMAL. ANYTHING TO WORRY ABOUT? THANKS, DAVID .

Hi David...thanks for your question. I'm sorry to hear that Sassy is not feeling well.

This is a tough one to answer without actually examining Sassy but I can give you a few ideas.

The most common reason to see the symptoms that you are describing is some type of pain. Unfortunately in little dogs like this, back pain is quite common. It can sometimes be hard to diagnose back pain but an experienced vet should be able to tell you if she is painful.

If she is, then some anti-inflammatory medication should help. Unfortunately there really isn't anything I can recommend for you to give her without seeing her as some anti-inflammatory meds can be dangerous in certain situations.

The fact that she is not eating has me concerned as well. This is often a sign of pain or discomfort.

There are other possibilities. She could possibly have pancreatitis which is a serious problem that causes pain in the abdomen. Usually dogs with pancreatitis will have vomiting, but not always.

If she is not spayed then I would be concerned about an infection in her uterus. This is most common a couple of months after a heat cycle.

It does sound like a vet visit is in store.

I hope she does ok!

THANKS FOR YOUR RAPID RESPONSE. I ADDED A P.S.LATER THAT HER HIND LEGS WERE SHAKING AS WELL. ANY CHANGE IN YOUR DIAGNOSIS. I APPRECIATE YOUR CONCERN AND PROMPT REPLY. DAVID W4KD @HOTMAIL.COM

You're very welcome. The shaking of the back legs makes me even more suspicious of a back problem David. The best thing I can recommend tonight is to keep her as quiet as possible and not encourage any jumping or going up or down stairs.

Your vet will do a good thorough exam and will likely prescribe some medication for pain.

I really hope she is ok!

Swollen glands in neck. 7 year old corgie, swollen glands in neck, possible swelling in abdominal area near... (25691 views)

Rabbit with maggots Our rabbit was not eating and was shaking this morning. We discovered there were... (10368 views)

Dog scared of people. Hi My dog is very scared of people. she is a year old and has been scared of new... (10820 views)

Ate tag from pillow case. My dog ate a tag like the one on a pillow what should i... (10227 views)

Kidney disease in a cat. First of all I am asking you because I am under extreme financial constraints right... (25971 views)

Wobbly after seizure. hello, I have a 4 year old husky mix who is epelectic. Hes on phenobarbital and... (39522 views)

Lethargic kitten after spay. My kitten is around five minths old. She was spayed on July 23rd ish. Since her... (15100 views)

Straining to urinate. bella acts like she has to urinate all the time. when she squats very little comes... (9016 views)

Fly bites on dog's ears. My dogs are having problems with fly, on their ears what should I do, to help them. ... (9359 views)

Heartworm treatment. Sam was a rescue, we believe that he is a little over two years old and a pit / lab... (6990 views)