Trembling chihuahua.

Breed: CHUHUHUA MIX
SHE HAS BEEN TREMBLING FOR 2 DAYS AND HAS NOT EATEN FOR FOR 2 DAYS. OTHERWISE SHE SEEMS NORMAL. ANYTHING TO WORRY ABOUT? THANKS, DAVID .

Hi David...thanks for your question. I'm sorry to hear that Sassy is not feeling well.

This is a tough one to answer without actually examining Sassy but I can give you a few ideas.

The most common reason to see the symptoms that you are describing is some type of pain. Unfortunately in little dogs like this, back pain is quite common. It can sometimes be hard to diagnose back pain but an experienced vet should be able to tell you if she is painful.

If she is, then some anti-inflammatory medication should help. Unfortunately there really isn't anything I can recommend for you to give her without seeing her as some anti-inflammatory meds can be dangerous in certain situations.

The fact that she is not eating has me concerned as well. This is often a sign of pain or discomfort.

There are other possibilities. She could possibly have pancreatitis which is a serious problem that causes pain in the abdomen. Usually dogs with pancreatitis will have vomiting, but not always.

If she is not spayed then I would be concerned about an infection in her uterus. This is most common a couple of months after a heat cycle.

It does sound like a vet visit is in store.

I hope she does ok!

THANKS FOR YOUR RAPID RESPONSE. I ADDED A P.S.LATER THAT HER HIND LEGS WERE SHAKING AS WELL. ANY CHANGE IN YOUR DIAGNOSIS. I APPRECIATE YOUR CONCERN AND PROMPT REPLY. DAVID W4KD @HOTMAIL.COM

You're very welcome. The shaking of the back legs makes me even more suspicious of a back problem David. The best thing I can recommend tonight is to keep her as quiet as possible and not encourage any jumping or going up or down stairs.

Your vet will do a good thorough exam and will likely prescribe some medication for pain.

I really hope she is ok!

Not chewing his food. I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think... (6401 views)

Milk coming out nose. Hi my dog has just had pups 5 weeks ago an since day one, one of the puppies has... (27676 views)

Luxating patella. hello....my boston terrier(chelsea) just turned 12 months...for the past week i... (15830 views)

URTI in diabetic cat. Buster is a 14 year old male who weighs 16 pounds. He has had diabetes for 2-1/2... (13005 views)

Dog has hotspots from fleas. In August my dog started scratching and biting creating hotspots. She has been... (9432 views)

Sick after having puppies. I have an important question about my dog. She had puppies 2 weeks ago and suddenly... (10934 views)

Something in throat? Husband won't let me take cat to vet..childrens pet. Cat stopped eating a few days... (34895 views)

How much water does a puppy drink? My dog is almost 9 months old and he drinks water all the time i often find him... (14907 views)

Stuffed up nose. Dear Vet, We have a 12 year old Australian Shepard, 80 pound male. He is not having... (11784 views)

Inverted vulva and puppy vaginitis. I have purchased a Golden Retriever to be used as a new dog for breeding. She is... (45821 views)