Type of clippers?

Breed: Rough coat Collie
I need to know what kind or brand of trimmer to use on my rough coat Collie. Tried ones from the pet stores, but they aren't strong enough. Someone suggested the trimmers they use on cattle or sheep, is this ok to use? I want whatever will do the job with the least stress on my dog.
Thank you so much for your assistance!
Dave

From experience, for a dog like a Collie you really need to know what you are doing in order to trim their coats yourself, so I would highly advise having a groomer shave him if this is really want you want to do.

However, if you do feel comfortable doing this yourself then you are going to need a professional grade trimmer. The ones we use in our hospital cost about $200-$300 but are well worth it.

Here are some examples of trimmers that would likely be good, but they are expensive!

Exercise induced collapse. I have a labrador retriever and she is about 4 years old, 60 lbs and she is a girl.... (7160 views)

Won't nurse puppies One week ago our Yorkie Maya had a litter of puppies. She gave birth to seven... (51877 views)

Will I be forced to euthanize? Hello, i have a 14 year old pit bull/bull mastiff mix (50-60 lb and on the smaller... (10107 views)

Recurring respiratory symptoms. My 1 yr old Burmese cat was purchased with what we think is cat flu. She has... (12994 views)

Sick pregnant cat. hi, i think my cat is pregnant, shes suddenly put on alot of weight and has spotted... (9638 views)

Why do cats lick plastic? I have a 2 year old Himalayan Cat named Felix. He will be 3 in April. He drives me... (27993 views)

Revolution and fleas my dogs are treated with frontline and we brought home a kitten that was treated... (16598 views)

Spiders toxic to cats? Hi Dr. Marie, Hope things are well. I had what amounts to a common question but... (12865 views)

Milky urine in guinea pig. One of my guinea pigs urine is milky, this has never happened before. Their diet is... (11627 views)

Rash on dog's chin. I HAVE A 1.6 YEAR OLD GREAT DANE IN GOOD HEALTH. HOWEVER, SHE HAS DEVELOPED A RASH... (15373 views)