Type of clippers?

Breed: Rough coat Collie
I need to know what kind or brand of trimmer to use on my rough coat Collie. Tried ones from the pet stores, but they aren't strong enough. Someone suggested the trimmers they use on cattle or sheep, is this ok to use? I want whatever will do the job with the least stress on my dog.
Thank you so much for your assistance!
Dave

From experience, for a dog like a Collie you really need to know what you are doing in order to trim their coats yourself, so I would highly advise having a groomer shave him if this is really want you want to do.

However, if you do feel comfortable doing this yourself then you are going to need a professional grade trimmer. The ones we use in our hospital cost about $200-$300 but are well worth it.

Here are some examples of trimmers that would likely be good, but they are expensive!

Cat attacked by dog. My cat lulu was just attacked by a dog today....i'm a new mommy...and currently... (6968 views)

Bladder surgery? How painful/stressful is bladder surgery for a fearful barn cat? A few days ago I... (19070 views)

Allergies or URTI? I was looking at the questions on cats, but couldn't find one that was close to what... (9878 views)

Corn in dog food. Is corn in dog food bad for him? And I also have a maltese that is 3 years old. Is... (6155 views)

Mast Cell tumor? This past Saturday afternoon I was petting my dog and I noticed a small bump under... (25541 views)

Grief after dog's death. I need your help, please... for peace of mind so I can sleep and live with myself. ... (11615 views)

Malamute panting. We have taken in a rescue dog. When they brought him to us he was panting and they... (14959 views)

Thyroid cancer? Hello, about 10 months ago my dog started heavily panting while playing with her... (12979 views)

Should I withhold water? My zoe has just beem dignosed with diabetes we just brought her home today and we r... (11583 views)

Dog's nails are breaking. My dog is about 10 years old and shows no signs of any illness. Recently, her nails... (9909 views)