Type of clippers?

Breed: Rough coat Collie
I need to know what kind or brand of trimmer to use on my rough coat Collie. Tried ones from the pet stores, but they aren't strong enough. Someone suggested the trimmers they use on cattle or sheep, is this ok to use? I want whatever will do the job with the least stress on my dog.
Thank you so much for your assistance!
Dave

From experience, for a dog like a Collie you really need to know what you are doing in order to trim their coats yourself, so I would highly advise having a groomer shave him if this is really want you want to do.

However, if you do feel comfortable doing this yourself then you are going to need a professional grade trimmer. The ones we use in our hospital cost about $200-$300 but are well worth it.

Here are some examples of trimmers that would likely be good, but they are expensive!

Sick guinea pig. hello, i need help. my guinea pig peppy is really dehydrated and really weak, today... (12668 views)

When to separate pups? Hello, My pet has just given babies and i need to give those babies for... (7757 views)

Roundworms and hookworms. How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly... (4693 views)

High ALP in a pug. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 7yr old female Pug. She was getting "pyoderma" every few... (33320 views)

Heterochromia in a cat. I recently got a cat as a rescue. She is white, with light grey and yellow... (11973 views)

Can a feral cat be tamed? Dr. Marie - a few months ago I came across a feral cat who is now named Gypsy. I... (8229 views)

Pain in stomatitis after extractions. 9 year old cat has stomatitis. She is NOT FIV positive. She has had all her teeth... (18407 views)

Puppy has a small eye. my puppy has an eye defect it is smaller than the other and seems to be lazy it is... (20753 views)

Vacuolar hepatopathy. Hi Dr. Marie I am following up with you regarding Oreo's elevated bile acid... (20222 views)

Dog ate Zoloft. please answer this question, please.. my dog chloe has eaten my anti depressants i... (53489 views)