Type of clippers?

Breed: Rough coat Collie
I need to know what kind or brand of trimmer to use on my rough coat Collie. Tried ones from the pet stores, but they aren't strong enough. Someone suggested the trimmers they use on cattle or sheep, is this ok to use? I want whatever will do the job with the least stress on my dog.
Thank you so much for your assistance!
Dave

From experience, for a dog like a Collie you really need to know what you are doing in order to trim their coats yourself, so I would highly advise having a groomer shave him if this is really want you want to do.

However, if you do feel comfortable doing this yourself then you are going to need a professional grade trimmer. The ones we use in our hospital cost about $200-$300 but are well worth it.

Here are some examples of trimmers that would likely be good, but they are expensive!

Keep ringworm positive cat secluded? Hello. My vet thought my cat caught ringworm from another cat who had it. He had... (4588 views)

Dachshund not feeling well. Dr, We have a new baby girl and Primo has slept in our bed since he was a puppy,... (8079 views)

Coughing chihuahua My chihuahua has had an intermittent cough since roughly last year when she had most... (14177 views)

Pain in front leg. She has been limping, crying out to us, and holding up her front right leg. It... (5775 views)

Xray for hip dysplasia? Hi Dr, I was just wondering as a rule whether I should have Max x-rayed to check... (5323 views)

High bile acids Hi Dr. Marie Over the course of the past 9 months, my dog Oreo's liver enzymes... (44976 views)

Incontinence she will be lying on the floor and she just pees and does not know or realize she... (8083 views)

Kittens not eating or nursing My cat had 5 kittens 5 weeks ago. Recently, she has stopped feeding them and taking... (12182 views)

Persistent hymen in dog. Mam, i own a female german sheperd. the problem is i cant breed her due to the grown... (13114 views)

Breeding big and small dogs. My little girl--weight 11 lbs-- got possibly impregnated (accicdentally--he broke... (70935 views)