Type of clippers?

Breed: Rough coat Collie
I need to know what kind or brand of trimmer to use on my rough coat Collie. Tried ones from the pet stores, but they aren't strong enough. Someone suggested the trimmers they use on cattle or sheep, is this ok to use? I want whatever will do the job with the least stress on my dog.
Thank you so much for your assistance!
Dave

From experience, for a dog like a Collie you really need to know what you are doing in order to trim their coats yourself, so I would highly advise having a groomer shave him if this is really want you want to do.

However, if you do feel comfortable doing this yourself then you are going to need a professional grade trimmer. The ones we use in our hospital cost about $200-$300 but are well worth it.

Here are some examples of trimmers that would likely be good, but they are expensive!

Swelling inside leg. I got my beagle from a beagle rescue, so I don't know too much about her background... (22991 views)

Worms in kittens. Hey there, I just got two 9 week old kittens. They have had their shots but they... (68678 views)

Black spot on Hamster's skin. my hamster has a black spot under his hair.should he have this?????????????. he is a... (17740 views)

Dog won't eat. well dr my dog he always wants to go outside and doesnt want to eat his food and we... (11065 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate. Our dog is a miniature dachshund and she just (about 30 minutes ago) ate about 20 to... (13123 views)

How to get a guinea pig to lose weight Hi Dr. Marie: Recently I took my sow guinea pig Squeaky to have her nails trimmed.... (4720 views)

Sick kitten. Kitty is 13 weeks old, has had diarehha off and on for 9 days, also another sibling,... (9516 views)

Is clostridium zoonotic? Clostridium Type A has been known to cause sudden death in healthy deer but it has... (7703 views)

Repeated ear infections. Hi! My dog Opie is a five-and-a-half-year-old, male (neutered) red sable... (11910 views)

Does my cat have asthma? Hello Dr. Marie, My cat is on Clindomycin for an allergy she was determined to... (11316 views)