Can a dog get lice?

Breed: Pomeranian
Can my dog get lice

Dogs can get lice, but it is not a very common thing.

If you or your children have lice, then you don't need to worry about your dog. Lice are very host specific, so this means that human lice only live on humans. They can occasionally find their way on to the dog, but they can't live on the dog and will eventually die.

I think maybe twice in 13 years I have seen a dog with dog lice. It is usually treated quite easily with any flea medication.

Discharge from vulva. My cat Miss Fitzgibbons who is 3 years old has suddenly become quite weak. She is... (6353 views)

Parvo recovery. I'M LOOKING AT A PUP THAT IS RECOVERING FROM PARVO. WHAT IS THE RECOVERY TIME AND... (23446 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi Dr. Marie I have a 10 week old OES pup, male. He is in good weight, healthy... (14819 views)

Are tomatoes bad for cats? Hi, My ragdoll cat loves cherry tomatoes! - he goes mad crazy for the but I am... (37122 views)

Pregnant cat in heat? I thought Clhoe was pregnant , she went into (Heat)a month ago and was seen being...... (13655 views)

Dog can't jump. My dog has a hard time standing up from the sitting position. Occasionally, he will... (11457 views)

Chattering jaw. my 2yr old lhasa apso could just be sitting and his jaw starts to shake non-stop for... (8730 views)

Brown spots on belly. Hello, I have a five year old Pomeranian mix (25lbs). Within the last few weeks I... (15625 views)

Too small for spay? My cat is really small, about nine ten pounds,is it safe to get her... (7169 views)

Is aspirin safe for dogs? I bought the excel enteric coated aspirin 81mg each for my 85lb husky. I don't know... (16613 views)