Can a dog get lice?

Breed: Pomeranian
Can my dog get lice

Dogs can get lice, but it is not a very common thing.

If you or your children have lice, then you don't need to worry about your dog. Lice are very host specific, so this means that human lice only live on humans. They can occasionally find their way on to the dog, but they can't live on the dog and will eventually die.

I think maybe twice in 13 years I have seen a dog with dog lice. It is usually treated quite easily with any flea medication.

How much water does a puppy drink? My dog is almost 9 months old and he drinks water all the time i often find him... (12832 views)

Possible cherry eye? My dog has red bags coming up from under his lower eye lids and covering half his... (6537 views)

Do cats get chicken pox? it is not of a cat of mine a cat i saw he had spots that looked alot like chickenpox... (26256 views)

Infection in neuter incision? My dog got neutered 10 days ago (Aug 9th) and in a distracted moment he licked the... (53274 views)

Lab not eating. My 13 yr old Lab, Dylan, who has NEVER turned her nose up at any kind of food, has... (21487 views)

Is my dog pregnant? my dog had puppies about 7 months ago and i wasn't home often to make sure her and... (13789 views)

Cat vomiting and not eating. Hi Dr. Marie...I wonder if you could help me figure out if my cat is really sick. ... (27216 views)

Geodon (ziprasidone) ingestion. My morkie may have ate a GEODON pill found on the floor. It was 60 mg. And it is an... (16000 views)

Can't urinate after neuter. My boy cat was castrated yesterday he has been trying to wee but there is no wee... (7661 views)

Fluid filled lumps on ear. My dog has many lumps on her ears that feel like they are fluid filled and sensitive... (9972 views)