Can a dog get lice?

Breed: Pomeranian
Can my dog get lice

Dogs can get lice, but it is not a very common thing.

If you or your children have lice, then you don't need to worry about your dog. Lice are very host specific, so this means that human lice only live on humans. They can occasionally find their way on to the dog, but they can't live on the dog and will eventually die.

I think maybe twice in 13 years I have seen a dog with dog lice. It is usually treated quite easily with any flea medication.

Lip fold pyoderma. I have suddenly noticed that Blue has an area of bright red, raw skin on both sides... (11665 views)

low protein food My brother's cat, who is about 14 years old, recently got bloodwork done at the vet,... (8280 views)

Dog going blind. Our dog Vinnie started suddenly to become lethargic and then over a period of 4... (7784 views)

Cat is getting lazy. Not urgent. Snowy used to play with paper and bottle tops and whatever else he could... (11756 views)

Wound on cat. My father's cat Jerry is 3 year old neutered male DSH who is up-to-date on all... (5014 views)

Dog pees when excited. comit had surgery done to remove a hernia and the vets said it was of most good to... (10433 views)

Black spot on dog's chest. My Dog recently got this black spot on her chest. When I first looked at it, it... (33762 views)

Heat symptoms pregnant cat. My cat is pregnant but still acting like she's in season, this has been going on now... (5824 views)

Painful after grooming. My dog, Codey (6 yr old rescue cockapoo) went to the groomer yesterday to get... (17557 views)

Can't use back legs. In the past 7 months my dog has had 2 "episodes". First, in September 2010 he had... (34332 views)