Can a dog get lice?

Breed: Pomeranian
Can my dog get lice

Dogs can get lice, but it is not a very common thing.

If you or your children have lice, then you don't need to worry about your dog. Lice are very host specific, so this means that human lice only live on humans. They can occasionally find their way on to the dog, but they can't live on the dog and will eventually die.

I think maybe twice in 13 years I have seen a dog with dog lice. It is usually treated quite easily with any flea medication.

Cat sick after prednisone. Two weeks ago LittleMan had something like an infection in the corners of his mouth... (20613 views)

Dasuquin causing allergies. About 5 months ago, my dog injured his leg during a walk. I took him to the vet &... (12838 views)

Ultrasonic noise deterrents for cats? do devices that omit a 124db ultrasonic burst of sound work as a cat deterrent... (10075 views)

Vomiting and bloody stool. We just took a trip, and on the last day away our dog began throwing up. We have... (15483 views)

Scabby rash on belly and back. My dog has a scabby rash that she has had for about a year. At first it was just on... (20479 views)

Guinea Pig Pregnancy info. Hi, i bought a guinea pig from a pet store about a month ago and now, i think shes... (15252 views)

Where is dog's vulva? My husband resqued a blue tick in the National Forest that was being chased by 2... (55302 views)

Puppy died. My 7week old puppy died yesterday. She laid around all weekend and was not very... (10349 views)

Lump on cat's abdomen. My cat has a round, hard spot in her stomach. It has a red dot in the center It... (15746 views)

Cat suddenly bites or scratches. Hi there....i have a beautiful BIG moggy who is a 'lovecat' - very affectionate -... (16367 views)