Can a dog get lice?

Breed: Pomeranian
Can my dog get lice

Dogs can get lice, but it is not a very common thing.

If you or your children have lice, then you don't need to worry about your dog. Lice are very host specific, so this means that human lice only live on humans. They can occasionally find their way on to the dog, but they can't live on the dog and will eventually die.

I think maybe twice in 13 years I have seen a dog with dog lice. It is usually treated quite easily with any flea medication.

Lifespan of a rat? What is the average lifespan of a rat? My rat is 3 years old and very healthy. Is... (6788 views)

Bad odor from dog's behind. I have a border Collie-lab male 4 year old dog. About a week go I noticed that my... (13172 views)

Trouble going to the bathroom. First off i want to say i really wish i could do the paid option so i could for sure... (8649 views)

Accidently cut dog's skin i was giving my dog a hair cut with a small pair of sissors and was trimming around... (20307 views)

Breeding big and small dogs. My little girl--weight 11 lbs-- got possibly impregnated (accicdentally--he broke... (73824 views)

Conjunctivitis zoonotic? My dog has conjunctivitis, which he is being treated for and my friends daughter who... (13692 views)

Toxoplasmosis and pregnancy. Hi. I'm 15 weeks pregnant and worried about my two cats. I know how to avoid... (4940 views)

Hypothyroidism? We have a 101 lbs. 7-year-old purebred Chocolate lab that has small to medium... (4841 views)

Questions from a student? I have a grade 6 student doing a research project on Veteranarians. Could she use... (7473 views)

Arthritis medicines for cats. Please tell me what you use for daily dose meloxicam for 12 pound 15 yr old cat.... (7233 views)