Can a dog get lice?

Breed: Pomeranian
Can my dog get lice

Dogs can get lice, but it is not a very common thing.

If you or your children have lice, then you don't need to worry about your dog. Lice are very host specific, so this means that human lice only live on humans. They can occasionally find their way on to the dog, but they can't live on the dog and will eventually die.

I think maybe twice in 13 years I have seen a dog with dog lice. It is usually treated quite easily with any flea medication.

Milo's chicken jerky safety? Hi, Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'm concerned about the chicken... (8032 views)

Using elastic to remove lump. Rusty was diagnose with "cancer" after giving birth 4 years ago. It was recommended... (6692 views)

Dog biting his own penis. I have 2 foster brothers who had been severely abused when I took them in. (Broken... (49697 views)

Milky urine in guinea pig. One of my guinea pigs urine is milky, this has never happened before. Their diet is... (9347 views)

Should I have euthanized? We put my dog Kyra to sleep yesterday and I am struggling with the decision. Here... (7181 views)

Red gums next to baby teeth. Hi Dr, This question concerns Max gums. Recall a month ago he had two occluded... (11407 views)

Chicken jerky from Thailand. We hear about the chicken jerkey from China, how about the jerkey from Thiland. Do... (5982 views)

Hot spot on head. My dog has a raw spot on the top of his head that looks like a hotspot. He has... (6283 views)

Dog shaking and limping. Dear Dr: Since yesterday I see that my dog tires to go to the bathrooms and hide.... (9924 views)

Tramadol online. My 8 year old English mastiff has pain due to hop problems. Her vet has prescribed... (7983 views)