Swollen feet.

Breed: weimarner
hey doctor,
i have a weimarner....for the last 1 year he has been continuously suffering from bulged feets with yellowish tint...when ever he get an injection from the doctor it cures upto 90%...after a week it starts again...can u help me.Is it completely curable?

I'm sorry to hear that Shaun is having these problems! This is definitely an unusual situation.

I have a similar case in my practice right now. It is a dog who has a bad infection around his nail and toe on 3 different feet.

One of the things we are considering for this dog is a condition called lupoid onychodystrophy. It is not very common, but it is an immune system problem that causes inflammation in the feet. It is treatable but not curable. It is difficult to diagnose because you need to actually amputate the last bone of a toe and send it to a pathologist.

Another possibility is demodex. You can ask your vet to do a skin scraping of his toes and see if this parasite is present.

It is also a good idea to have your vet do a culture of the area to determine if there is a resistant type of bacteria present.

We may be dealing with some other type of autoimmune problem such as pemphigus or lupus or vasculitis. If the injection that your vet is giving is a steroid then this is possible. The way to diagnose this is to have a biopsy done.

It sounds like this is a chronic problem. I wish I had an easier solution for you but it looks like some tests will need to be done.

Swollen eyelid. My dog had one lower eyelid swollen inside. I discover this after she had... (19530 views)

Is Raid toxic to cats? My fiance lives in Florida and sprays Raid insecticide to kill bugs. In a few months... (119671 views)

Neomycin dangerous to cats? by fault i wish i hadn't, i gave my cat eardrops containing neomycin (i only gave... (18411 views)

Dog with large tumor on neck. My Dog Re has a large Growth on hes neck, we live 100kms from any vet so with hes... (39232 views)

Thirsty hamster my wee hamster is drinking a very lot of water l could fill her bottle up and she... (20118 views)

Cat not eating much. Hi. My cat as some allergy problems since he is allergic to turkey and corn. For the... (14193 views)

Strong smelling urine. i have a male cat an recently his urine has become very strong, he hasnt been done... (12524 views)

Dog pooped red and black balls. My dog once threw up a screw and has been eating her poop. Recently I found red and... (16026 views)

Aspirin and Lasix? Hello. My regular vet is out of town and my dog is in a lot of pain. He's thirteen... (11379 views)

Can a spayed cat get pregnant? OK its OK if you don't answer but be for you look away please im 12 and my cat is... (24163 views)