Swollen feet.

Breed: weimarner
hey doctor,
i have a weimarner....for the last 1 year he has been continuously suffering from bulged feets with yellowish tint...when ever he get an injection from the doctor it cures upto 90%...after a week it starts again...can u help me.Is it completely curable?

I'm sorry to hear that Shaun is having these problems! This is definitely an unusual situation.

I have a similar case in my practice right now. It is a dog who has a bad infection around his nail and toe on 3 different feet.

One of the things we are considering for this dog is a condition called lupoid onychodystrophy. It is not very common, but it is an immune system problem that causes inflammation in the feet. It is treatable but not curable. It is difficult to diagnose because you need to actually amputate the last bone of a toe and send it to a pathologist.

Another possibility is demodex. You can ask your vet to do a skin scraping of his toes and see if this parasite is present.

It is also a good idea to have your vet do a culture of the area to determine if there is a resistant type of bacteria present.

We may be dealing with some other type of autoimmune problem such as pemphigus or lupus or vasculitis. If the injection that your vet is giving is a steroid then this is possible. The way to diagnose this is to have a biopsy done.

It sounds like this is a chronic problem. I wish I had an easier solution for you but it looks like some tests will need to be done.

Great Dane not eating. Dr. Marie, my dog molly just recently started not eating dog food or drinking and... (10449 views)

Need spanish to be a vet? I am wishing to go into the veterinary workforce, and I would love to know if you... (11177 views)

Lyme vaccine and testing. Hi, I took missy to the vet yesterday for her lyme vaccination booster shot and then... (11495 views)

Possible seizures? Our cat, Teddy, started having episodes of rigid front legs, swaying, and staggering... (7240 views)

Behavior after having puppies My dog had puppies three weeks ago. She started acting funny and hid underneath the... (13826 views)

medicine for collapsing trachea We are leaving for a car trip with Skiggy. She has a collapsable larynx and gets... (9259 views)

Bladder cancer and can't walk. I accidentally closed the window the first time I got directed here so think that I... (11428 views)

Dog is balding. can any1 give advice i got a staff dog male hes 4yrs old over the last 5 days hes... (8523 views)

Cat with green patch on skin. first i would like to thank you for your time. When my cat was a kitten i thought... (14504 views)

Click in dog's elbow. Hi Dr. I've noticed that sometimes Max's right elbow will creak as he bends it.... (12042 views)