Torn nail in cat.

Breed: long haired
My cat snagged her nail on string and the string got stuck in the quick and cut it a bit. The nails was sloffing off anyway at the sides as it does when it grows. I removed the fuzzy string and on the underside of the nail the quick is a little exposed. I washed it, cleaned with peroxide and am applying neosporin. Is there anything else I should do?

Ouch. Sorry to hear that Baabs has torn her nail. It sounds like you are doing the right things.

The Neosporin probably won't help that much, but it is not likely to hurt.

At this point Baabs likely just needs some time to heal.

Keep an eye on the nail. If it starts to get a discharge (green or yellow) or if she starts licking it a lot then this is a sign that it could be getting infected. If this happens then she'll need to see the vet for antibiotics.

Hope she does ok!

Pimple on ear. My dog has a pimple on his ear. Its on the inside flap. It only bother him when i... (12399 views)

Seizures in sleep? My dog is 15 years old he has previously about 4 years ago had a tumor removed near... (4831 views)

Possible seizures? Our cat, Teddy, started having episodes of rigid front legs, swaying, and staggering... (5924 views)

Bumps on dog's chin. my dog has some bumps under her mouth and one on the side of her mouth. they were... (20471 views)

Thiamine deficiency? My cat has Thiamine deficiency from Wellness pet food. Are the effects for the... (6434 views)

White tongue after neuter. My dog got neutered couple of days ago and seems to be recovering fine. He is eating... (9051 views)

Itchy hamster. What happens if my hamster is licking itself a lot of scratching itself? Also, what... (18547 views)

Herpes and sore mouth. My 2 year old short hair tabby was diagnosed with FHV quite early on.. he's been... (10970 views)

Red sores on mouth. My dog has developed sores or bubbley looking things round her mouth. They get... (12260 views)

Yellow fluid from nose. Dr. Marie, My male pug, aged 10, stuck with a piece of apple last night (29/1), I... (4688 views)