Torn nail in cat.

Breed: long haired
My cat snagged her nail on string and the string got stuck in the quick and cut it a bit. The nails was sloffing off anyway at the sides as it does when it grows. I removed the fuzzy string and on the underside of the nail the quick is a little exposed. I washed it, cleaned with peroxide and am applying neosporin. Is there anything else I should do?

Ouch. Sorry to hear that Baabs has torn her nail. It sounds like you are doing the right things.

The Neosporin probably won't help that much, but it is not likely to hurt.

At this point Baabs likely just needs some time to heal.

Keep an eye on the nail. If it starts to get a discharge (green or yellow) or if she starts licking it a lot then this is a sign that it could be getting infected. If this happens then she'll need to see the vet for antibiotics.

Hope she does ok!

Wheezing, sneezing kitten. my kitten is 3 and a half months old recently she has been sleeping a whole lot and... (15187 views)

Chattering jaw. my 2yr old lhasa apso could just be sitting and his jaw starts to shake non-stop for... (11959 views)

Betadine on spay incision? My dog was spayed 3 days ago and I'm worried about the incision becoming infected.... (15393 views)

Red bugs on my dog. my dog has red bugs on him i have no idea what to do PLZ ANSWER THIS I LOVE MY DOG I... (17214 views)

Cat licking his fur. Good evening, My 4 year old tuxedo cat has always been quite special (he meows... (16311 views)

Pig ears and diarrhea. Hi, My dog gets occasional diarrhea, like twice a week maybe, I had to take her... (16948 views)

Brown bugs over top of tail. Dear Dr. Marie: I HAVE A CAT, IT HAS BROWN BUG AND SCAB AT THE DORSAL ASPECT OF... (12945 views)

Questions about cryptosporidium. Vet told me dog has cryptosporidium She had diarrehea and vomit but lasted 24 hours... (31845 views)

Discoid lupus treatment. Hi. I live in rural Peru. After many wrong diagnoses, a vet here diagnosed Diego... (13743 views)

Is this rabies? My dog is going crazy. He's been shaking and walking somewhere and walking back for... (9163 views)