Baby shampoo for a cat?

Breed: I have no idea
My cat accidentally got pee on himself after we had to take him somewhere in his kennel. I was wondering, is it safe to use baby shampoo on him to get him clean and get the smell out?

It really is best to use a shampoo made for cats on a cat rather than baby shampoo. Even though baby shampoo is gentle, human skin is a different pH than cat skin and as such, using a human shampoo on a cat can cause the skin to become very dry.

If you must use something and you don't have any cat shampoo at home, a very small amount of dilute Dawn dish soap can be safe.

Keep dachshund from jumping? Hello, About 2 months ago I woke to find that my dachshund could not move her hind... (10445 views)

Dog walking sideways. Hello Dr. Here is my question, So my little shitzu is about 2 1/2 yrs old and... (42078 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea every two weeks. I adopted my yorkiepoo from a local shelter in 12/2012. From that time until a few... (10860 views)

Draining fluid for heart failure. My dog has Congestive Heart Failure. He is under the care of a veterinarian and... (16856 views)

Muscle atrophy in a cat. Its been two weeks since my 13 yr old cat, Sweety, has been unable to walk and the 4... (23734 views)

Is this mammary tumor cancerous? We have an 8 yr old shih Tzu, female spayed before first heat and we noticed a lump... (4484 views)

Overdose of drontal. My 9 week old kitten had an anti inflammatory injection, her first vaccine and we... (31497 views)

Scabs on cat's ear and neck. Hi. I adopted a cat and she was doing fine. I noticed that she was loosing hair in... (15977 views)

Vaccinate for parvo before 6 weeks? We have a litter of labrador puppies. They are 5 and 1/2 weeks old. Can we... (8805 views)

Cerebellar hypoplasia in kittens. hi, my cat recently had kittens, their are four kittens, two cant walk or barely... (18690 views)