Baby shampoo for a cat?

Breed: I have no idea
My cat accidentally got pee on himself after we had to take him somewhere in his kennel. I was wondering, is it safe to use baby shampoo on him to get him clean and get the smell out?

It really is best to use a shampoo made for cats on a cat rather than baby shampoo. Even though baby shampoo is gentle, human skin is a different pH than cat skin and as such, using a human shampoo on a cat can cause the skin to become very dry.

If you must use something and you don't have any cat shampoo at home, a very small amount of dilute Dawn dish soap can be safe.

Clavamox drops out of fridge. Hey Doc...Sparky was put on Clavamox drops because he has an abscess. The vet... (58490 views)

Snorted out vaccine. Hello Dr. Marie....Rianna had her booster for Bordatella first of October..she has... (10180 views)

Recessed vulva I have a customer that claims the dog she bought from me has perivulvar pyoderma. ... (29014 views)

URTI in cats. Hi I have got 2 cats, Xena 1,6 years and Nemo, a kitten 12 weeks. When the Nemo... (13520 views)

Jack Russel skin problems. My Jack Russel has bad skin. Every now and again she gets really itchy and has bald... (17237 views)

Abscess on dog's neck. We have been keeping an eye on a hard lump on my boxers upper neck, by ear. It... (45381 views)

Fly bites on dog's ears. My dogs are having problems with fly, on their ears what should I do, to help them. ... (10104 views)

Vet was rough with my cat. I'm curious as to the process of applying anesthetic to a cat. Namely I witnessed my... (9897 views)

Is my dog pregnant? hi i have mated my yorkshire terrier last thursday she mated for 20 minutes and tied... (16188 views)

Coughing shih tzu. Louie has always gagged after drinking water, often clear watery mucous comes up. ... (27006 views)