Baby shampoo for a cat?

Breed: I have no idea
My cat accidentally got pee on himself after we had to take him somewhere in his kennel. I was wondering, is it safe to use baby shampoo on him to get him clean and get the smell out?

It really is best to use a shampoo made for cats on a cat rather than baby shampoo. Even though baby shampoo is gentle, human skin is a different pH than cat skin and as such, using a human shampoo on a cat can cause the skin to become very dry.

If you must use something and you don't have any cat shampoo at home, a very small amount of dilute Dawn dish soap can be safe.

Coughing cat. My cat has had a horrible cough for two or three months and the vet doesn't know... (6852 views)

Blood blisters on a cat My cat has developed what appear to be blood blisters, one just below her nose and... (20047 views)

Canine tooth extracted. My cat recently underwent a procedure to remove her broken, upper right canine. It... (9635 views)

Cat has diarrhea. Hi, Our cat has diarrhea - it seems that she licks and licks herself and then it... (10871 views)

Male rabbits mounting. i have just got two babay rabbits that should be both 10 weeks old male and... (46739 views)

Facial lymph nodes and teething. Hi Dr. Marie, After a lot of investigating w/ my own regular vet (very... (15844 views)

Heart murmur. In Emerg, as part of an exam in preparation for sedation, a level 2 heart murmur was... (19241 views)

Heart enlargement? Hi I have a female terrier dog, Fido and she is 9 years old. Couple of months ago my... (8367 views)

Very thirsty kitten. Hi there my 9 week old male kitten has been drinking water non stop from his bowl... (14412 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in maltese puppy. Good evening, I had a question for you regarding my puppy. She is almost 12... (9071 views)