Baby shampoo for a cat?

Breed: I have no idea
My cat accidentally got pee on himself after we had to take him somewhere in his kennel. I was wondering, is it safe to use baby shampoo on him to get him clean and get the smell out?

It really is best to use a shampoo made for cats on a cat rather than baby shampoo. Even though baby shampoo is gentle, human skin is a different pH than cat skin and as such, using a human shampoo on a cat can cause the skin to become very dry.

If you must use something and you don't have any cat shampoo at home, a very small amount of dilute Dawn dish soap can be safe.

Breeding big and small dogs. My little girl--weight 11 lbs-- got possibly impregnated (accicdentally--he broke... (73175 views)

Is clostridium contagious? Can my dog have gotten a c diff infection from being around another dog that had... (15300 views)

Flea problems. WELL MY CAT HAD FLEA'S AND I DEFLEAD THE CAT THE PRODUCTS I USED TO DEFLEA MY CAT... (9094 views)

Clavaseptin and diarrhea. My puppy recently had to spend a night at the vet, we are pretty sure he just ate... (14652 views)

Wart on dog's paw. Hello Dr Marie, I'm hoping you can help me identify a lump that I have found on... (25657 views)

When to separate pups? Hello, My pet has just given babies and i need to give those babies for... (7461 views)

Healthy cat died suddenly. Why did my cat die? I came home from work today to find that my cat had died. I... (25535 views)

Not eating or drinking and is painful. My cat tink 3 yrs seems very poorly he hasn't eaten or drank for 2 days now is very... (4648 views)

Is my dog in heat? my dog was really sick and she wouldnt eat. then after a few days she got better and... (33039 views)

Painful dog. I apologize in advance for this being so long, but I want to give the history so you... (8142 views)