Baby shampoo for a cat?

Breed: I have no idea
My cat accidentally got pee on himself after we had to take him somewhere in his kennel. I was wondering, is it safe to use baby shampoo on him to get him clean and get the smell out?

It really is best to use a shampoo made for cats on a cat rather than baby shampoo. Even though baby shampoo is gentle, human skin is a different pH than cat skin and as such, using a human shampoo on a cat can cause the skin to become very dry.

If you must use something and you don't have any cat shampoo at home, a very small amount of dilute Dawn dish soap can be safe.

IVDD in Basset Hound? Frank has had a very hard stomach for 2.5 days now and he is not drinking much... (38483 views)

Heart medication questions. My dog’s name is Yoda. He is 16 years old. But for his heart, he is in good... (4788 views)

Bump near anus. My dog has what looks like a pimple or maybe an ingrown hair? It's not white like a... (32045 views)

43 days pregnant and not eating. MY DOG IS 43 DAYS PREGNANT, SHE HAS LOW APETITE, DOCTOR PRESCRIBED PETPRO TABS 1... (7874 views)

Needs anal glands done again. I just took Chloe to the vet last weekend because she was skooting and her vet... (7579 views)

Cat is whiney when peeing my 12 yr old cat cherokee had a bladder infection about 2 months ago. i changed the... (6559 views)

Lump on dog's chest. My dog has a lump on the right side of his chest. (I think it's his chest. It's an... (20404 views)

Kittens with diarrhea We have kept the 5 kittens born to our momma cat. [they will be "fixed" when it is... (10123 views)

FIV positive and diarrhea. Hi Dr. Marie - I took in a semi feral cat about six weeks ago. He is FIV+. He has... (15694 views)

Black spot on tongue. My dog, Bogey, has developed a black spot on his tongue about 3 months ago. It was a... (23704 views)