Dripping blood.

Breed: Doberman
My 13 year old female, spayed,Doberman is in good health (with lots of benign tumors). She recently has been dripping small blood stains (not in the urine or stool). Any advice??

Hmm...this is a tough question to answer without seeing Munch as we don't know where the blood is coming from.

Here are a few possible places where she could be bleeding from:

• Are any of the tumors ulcerated? Have a good look to see if any of them are bursting open.

• Take a tissue and gently place it in between the folds of her vulva. Is there any blood tinge there? If so, I am concerned that she may have a tumor or an infection in her vagina.

• Have a good look in her mouth. Are her gums red and sore? She could be bleeding because of gingivitis or tooth infection.

• Take a tissue and gently wipe each nostril to see if there is any blood coming from her nose. If so this could mean a tumor in the nose or a problem with platelets which are cells that help us clot our blood.

• Is there any swelling over her anal glands? These sit on either side of the anus. They can sometimes get infected and rupture and bleed.

• Has anyone cut her nails recently? A nail cut too short will bleed.

I hope this helps you to find the source of bleeding.

Dog has teeth stuck in her cheek. i noticed my dogs mouth was bleeding a little bit while we were playing so i opened... (11400 views)

Training blind dog. My rottweiler is blind and does not like to go outside. If I put her on a leash and... (10017 views)

Is he really gone? My very elderly dog very sadly had to be put to sleep a few days ago. This was... (31398 views)

Vita Calm in dogs? i was wondering if i could safly use vitacalm for hosres on my dog for his... (8635 views)

Dogs eyes are lazy. Within the past 2 days I have noticed my dog's eyes are turing outward, like they... (88534 views)

Pink lump on dog's paw. I just noticed my Daschund has a small lump on one of her paws. It is pinkish in... (59051 views)

Why did my dog die? Hi, My dog died recently. She was 11 yr.s 9 mo.s old, about 55-60 lbs.,... (154686 views)

Lump on hedgehog I have a hedgehog who has a lump behind his right ear and down into his neck. If I... (18356 views)

Discolored fur around mouth. I have a Westie , 4 years old , the fur around his mouth has become redish pink... (12722 views)

Deformed leg on puppy. I have a Pomeranian Maltese that gave birth early yesterday morning. When going to... (11387 views)