Dripping blood.

Breed: Doberman
My 13 year old female, spayed,Doberman is in good health (with lots of benign tumors). She recently has been dripping small blood stains (not in the urine or stool). Any advice??

Hmm...this is a tough question to answer without seeing Munch as we don't know where the blood is coming from.

Here are a few possible places where she could be bleeding from:

• Are any of the tumors ulcerated? Have a good look to see if any of them are bursting open.

• Take a tissue and gently place it in between the folds of her vulva. Is there any blood tinge there? If so, I am concerned that she may have a tumor or an infection in her vagina.

• Have a good look in her mouth. Are her gums red and sore? She could be bleeding because of gingivitis or tooth infection.

• Take a tissue and gently wipe each nostril to see if there is any blood coming from her nose. If so this could mean a tumor in the nose or a problem with platelets which are cells that help us clot our blood.

• Is there any swelling over her anal glands? These sit on either side of the anus. They can sometimes get infected and rupture and bleed.

• Has anyone cut her nails recently? A nail cut too short will bleed.

I hope this helps you to find the source of bleeding.

Mouth infection in cat. my cat has an infection in his mouth on his bottom lip. i think it is from bitting... (8175 views)

Dog can't poop. okay hi how r u doing? my little dog she is a puppy she is 8 months she cant booboo... (14820 views)

Eating grass and vomiting. Bleu has always been a resilient dog with now health problems, but over the last... (19011 views)

Possible degenerative myelopathy. Hi Dr. Marie, My 11 year old German shepherd has been taking prevacox, tramedol,... (31219 views)

Two gerbils fighting. i have a gerbil that i got and i put it with my other gerbil and they were fiting... (8139 views)

Metronidazole for cats alternative? My 16-hr-old neutered male cat is diabetic (since 2008) Was recently prescribed... (11676 views)

Rat pees and poops on owner. I have a baby rat that poops and pies on me when she gets out of the... (10337 views)

My dog ate goose poop. Dr, Max was walking in the park today and picked up what I believe was an old... (103050 views)

Keep dachshund from jumping? Hello, About 2 months ago I woke to find that my dachshund could not move her hind... (10723 views)

Recessed vulva I have a customer that claims the dog she bought from me has perivulvar pyoderma. ... (27201 views)