Dripping blood.

Breed: Doberman
My 13 year old female, spayed,Doberman is in good health (with lots of benign tumors). She recently has been dripping small blood stains (not in the urine or stool). Any advice??

Hmm...this is a tough question to answer without seeing Munch as we don't know where the blood is coming from.

Here are a few possible places where she could be bleeding from:

• Are any of the tumors ulcerated? Have a good look to see if any of them are bursting open.

• Take a tissue and gently place it in between the folds of her vulva. Is there any blood tinge there? If so, I am concerned that she may have a tumor or an infection in her vagina.

• Have a good look in her mouth. Are her gums red and sore? She could be bleeding because of gingivitis or tooth infection.

• Take a tissue and gently wipe each nostril to see if there is any blood coming from her nose. If so this could mean a tumor in the nose or a problem with platelets which are cells that help us clot our blood.

• Is there any swelling over her anal glands? These sit on either side of the anus. They can sometimes get infected and rupture and bleed.

• Has anyone cut her nails recently? A nail cut too short will bleed.

I hope this helps you to find the source of bleeding.

Very thirsty kitten. Hi there my 9 week old male kitten has been drinking water non stop from his bowl... (10861 views)

Brain tumor or epilepsy? Hi Dr. Marie I have a yellow lab named Sam He experienced seizures twice... (10245 views)

Dropped puppy on head. I have a 5 week old puppy, one of 6, he weighs less than 1 pound. My 2 year old... (33767 views)

Infected cut on leg. My dog has a swollen ankle and it seems to be caused by an insect bite or a small... (6129 views)

White tongue after neuter. My dog got neutered couple of days ago and seems to be recovering fine. He is eating... (10425 views)

Accidently cut dog's skin i was giving my dog a hair cut with a small pair of sissors and was trimming around... (19702 views)

Protein in urine. Hi, My Yorkie is 12 and had smelly pee starting in September 2010. I took a sample... (10383 views)

Bump on dog's ear. Hi Dr. Marie My dog Syrous is 22 months old and is a Dogue de Bordeaux. 2... (62897 views)

Aural Hematoma my 12 yr old italian greyhound's ear is puffy. not the inner ear but the ear itself.... (10210 views)

Lump near nipple. She has a lump(i think so).. It's hard, and about a marble's size in... (10167 views)