Dripping blood.

Breed: Doberman
My 13 year old female, spayed,Doberman is in good health (with lots of benign tumors). She recently has been dripping small blood stains (not in the urine or stool). Any advice??

Hmm...this is a tough question to answer without seeing Munch as we don't know where the blood is coming from.

Here are a few possible places where she could be bleeding from:

• Are any of the tumors ulcerated? Have a good look to see if any of them are bursting open.

• Take a tissue and gently place it in between the folds of her vulva. Is there any blood tinge there? If so, I am concerned that she may have a tumor or an infection in her vagina.

• Have a good look in her mouth. Are her gums red and sore? She could be bleeding because of gingivitis or tooth infection.

• Take a tissue and gently wipe each nostril to see if there is any blood coming from her nose. If so this could mean a tumor in the nose or a problem with platelets which are cells that help us clot our blood.

• Is there any swelling over her anal glands? These sit on either side of the anus. They can sometimes get infected and rupture and bleed.

• Has anyone cut her nails recently? A nail cut too short will bleed.

I hope this helps you to find the source of bleeding.

Blind, deaf and no sense of smell. Jack was diagnosed as hyperthyroid in February and has been on methimazole since... (7710 views)

Canine herpes on vulva. Hi there, One of my girls was bred on April 2, natural tie observed. This is her... (26267 views)

Tumor behind eye. hi dr marie,enjoy your website and read all the dog related problems! my girl... (11308 views)

Large red spots on dog's stomach. When I got home from work today, my dog had several large red spots on his stomach.... (179213 views)

Crusty spots on hamsters. I recently got three baby dwarf hamsters from a friend. The smallest one Runt had a... (15079 views)

Hind end paralysis. I put my beautiful, loyal companion to sleep on Christmas day. The guilt is... (9013 views)

Dental problems in 20 year old cat. My cat Jack, who is 20 yrs old and has a predominant heart murmur and obviously a... (14170 views)

Shaking and tucking tail. 3 days ago my dog, who was being taken on a walk in the morning, suddenly started... (194031 views)

Bad breath in puppy. My two month maltese male puppy has really bad breath, what can I do? I'm worrying... (5919 views)

Can dogs get laryngitis? what is a home remedy for a laryngitis? My dog has had it... (13593 views)