Dripping blood.

Breed: Doberman
My 13 year old female, spayed,Doberman is in good health (with lots of benign tumors). She recently has been dripping small blood stains (not in the urine or stool). Any advice??

Hmm...this is a tough question to answer without seeing Munch as we don't know where the blood is coming from.

Here are a few possible places where she could be bleeding from:

• Are any of the tumors ulcerated? Have a good look to see if any of them are bursting open.

• Take a tissue and gently place it in between the folds of her vulva. Is there any blood tinge there? If so, I am concerned that she may have a tumor or an infection in her vagina.

• Have a good look in her mouth. Are her gums red and sore? She could be bleeding because of gingivitis or tooth infection.

• Take a tissue and gently wipe each nostril to see if there is any blood coming from her nose. If so this could mean a tumor in the nose or a problem with platelets which are cells that help us clot our blood.

• Is there any swelling over her anal glands? These sit on either side of the anus. They can sometimes get infected and rupture and bleed.

• Has anyone cut her nails recently? A nail cut too short will bleed.

I hope this helps you to find the source of bleeding.

Kitten won't eat. my kitten won't eat but will drink water and he is sluggish and has had weight loss... (19199 views)

Shih Tzu is getting old. Edward is 14 years old We have noticed a couple of issues with him lately. About... (27308 views)

Dog shaking and limping. Dear Dr: Since yesterday I see that my dog tires to go to the bathrooms and hide.... (10530 views)

Ectopic ureter or pelvic bladder? My dog ziggy is almost a year old. I got him at 6 months. He has a urination... (39517 views)

Blood in stool. hi lucky just went poop outside and he did liquidy bright red blood iam not sure... (45172 views)

Seizure or heart problem? My sister is younger and home alone until tomorrow. She called me freaking out about... (12508 views)

High LDDS and ALKP Hello Dr. Marie You might remember me and Oreo from past questions? Well, Oreo... (5482 views)

Itchy on back. max is a 11yo. Boston terrier about 18pounds. He is in perfect health, according to... (8947 views)

Boxer with kennel cough. I adopted Shelby from a shelter. She has the kennel cough and I am treating her with... (14924 views)

Did Orbax cause diarrhea? Hi Dr Marie, it's me again regarding Bandit, my 4 yr old DSH. I had e-mailed you... (9448 views)