Scrubbing Bubbles toxic?

Breed: Mixed Breed (Farrel
My Toulouse is a male. I discovered one day that after I would exit the shower & used my Scrubbing Bubbles shower cleaner, he would get in and lick the sides & bottom of the tub (silly boy). I've used the Scrubbing Bubbles product for a few years now, but w/in the past couple of months or so, he became quite lethargic & recluse.

Of course, I figured out that he probably poisoned himself over time (the little poop) & I quit using the product. During his time of lethargy, he would also vomit each time he would eat the dry food that I have fed him & my female cat for years. I switched him to moist food exclusively & he has started to come around.

He is affectionate again, comes running when he hears me open the can, comes when it's time for treats again, etc. He is still frighteningly skinny though. Is it safe to assume that over time his weight will come back up? He does seem to be eating & drinking regularly also.

Please advise & thank you!!

Sorry to hear that Toulouse is not feeling well.

My guess is that this is not related to the Scrubbing Bubbles at all. But, it is a little coincidental that he is doing better again now that you have stopped using them.

I've had a look at the ingredients and there is nothing that should cause these types of symptoms in a cat.

There are a great number of things that can cause a cat to have vomiting and weight loss. It's usually not because of the type of food that a cat is on.

If Toulouse were my patient the first thing I would do is a full set of bloodwork. It's possible that he has hyperthyroidism. Cats with this condition will often vomit. They tend to have good appetites and yet they lose weight.

Other conditions that cause weight loss include diabetes or kidney disease.

It's also possible that your cat has a foreign object in his stomach. Or, another possibility is inflammatory bowel disease.

I've just thought of two possible connections of the symptoms and the licking of the shower. One could be that Toulouse is looking for extra water because of either kidney disease or diabetes. Or, another possibility is that he has a problem with anemia (low red blood cells). Cats with anemia will sometimes lick at strange objects looking for iron.

In any case, it really would be a great idea to have your vet take a look at him.

I hope he does well!

Thank you so much!! I appreciate the advice. Take Care!!

Can a dog be born with rabies. does dog have rabbies when they were... (13227 views)

Calcification in the lungs. dog lung calcification Dear Dr.Mari, I hear some bad sounds whenever my dog... (6621 views)

Tapazole not working. Miss Kitty who is spayed and about 13 yrs old (we rescued her) was recently... (8024 views)

Scabby rash on belly and back. My dog has a scabby rash that she has had for about a year. At first it was just on... (18828 views)

Dog vomiting clear fluid. Today we noticed that Cassie is vomiting clear fluid (with a little foam) all over... (218144 views)

Lethargic after dentistry. Our 3 year old Sheltie was at our local vet yesterday for some shots and to get his... (32595 views)

Help cats to get along. Hello my name is kristbjorg and im from iceland. I have a cat thats 8 months old... (7509 views)

In heat cat spay. Dear Dr. Marie, Gracie was spayed today (by laser). When I picked her up the vet... (12722 views)

Swollen eye and vomiting. Hi Dr. Marie. Our dog's eye swelled up the other night withing an hour.....it went... (47604 views)

Diarrhea and vomiting. My cat has had a problem with gassy diarrhea and vomiting over the past 3 weeks. My... (8692 views)