Scrubbing Bubbles toxic?

Breed: Mixed Breed (Farrel
My Toulouse is a male. I discovered one day that after I would exit the shower & used my Scrubbing Bubbles shower cleaner, he would get in and lick the sides & bottom of the tub (silly boy). I've used the Scrubbing Bubbles product for a few years now, but w/in the past couple of months or so, he became quite lethargic & recluse.

Of course, I figured out that he probably poisoned himself over time (the little poop) & I quit using the product. During his time of lethargy, he would also vomit each time he would eat the dry food that I have fed him & my female cat for years. I switched him to moist food exclusively & he has started to come around.

He is affectionate again, comes running when he hears me open the can, comes when it's time for treats again, etc. He is still frighteningly skinny though. Is it safe to assume that over time his weight will come back up? He does seem to be eating & drinking regularly also.

Please advise & thank you!!

Sorry to hear that Toulouse is not feeling well.

My guess is that this is not related to the Scrubbing Bubbles at all. But, it is a little coincidental that he is doing better again now that you have stopped using them.

I've had a look at the ingredients and there is nothing that should cause these types of symptoms in a cat.

There are a great number of things that can cause a cat to have vomiting and weight loss. It's usually not because of the type of food that a cat is on.

If Toulouse were my patient the first thing I would do is a full set of bloodwork. It's possible that he has hyperthyroidism. Cats with this condition will often vomit. They tend to have good appetites and yet they lose weight.

Other conditions that cause weight loss include diabetes or kidney disease.

It's also possible that your cat has a foreign object in his stomach. Or, another possibility is inflammatory bowel disease.

I've just thought of two possible connections of the symptoms and the licking of the shower. One could be that Toulouse is looking for extra water because of either kidney disease or diabetes. Or, another possibility is that he has a problem with anemia (low red blood cells). Cats with anemia will sometimes lick at strange objects looking for iron.

In any case, it really would be a great idea to have your vet take a look at him.

I hope he does well!

Thank you so much!! I appreciate the advice. Take Care!!

Cat pooping on floor. My cat doesn't poop in her litter box, so I put down rugs near her litter box and... (10637 views)

Wheezing then died. We adopted a cat from a family that could not keep him any longer because they just... (7465 views)

Cat is licking himself and has scabs. My cat is licking him self till he bleeds and it's getting so bad that he has... (10052 views)

Puppy has had diarrhea 5 days. Oliver has had diarrhea on and off for about 5 days. He is acting normally... (70258 views)

Cat with asthma. My cat sam is 9 yrs old. he weighs about 16 pounds. He has coughing spells about 3... (7649 views)

Dog ate sewing needle. I think my dog has swallowed a sewing needle. What should I... (35596 views)

Severely scratching ears. I've taken my dog to 3 vets so far for "allergy" symptoms. His episodes start with... (11156 views)

Kittens have tapeworm. Hello, About 4-5 weeks ago I adopted 2 12 week old kittens. They are littermates... (34533 views)

Foot got caught in door. As my 10 lb chiwawa was going back in the house this morning and I was opening the... (19459 views)

Sneezing dog. My 1 year old Chihuahua has been sneezing and reverse sneezing for the last couple... (25161 views)