Scrubbing Bubbles toxic?

Breed: Mixed Breed (Farrel
My Toulouse is a male. I discovered one day that after I would exit the shower & used my Scrubbing Bubbles shower cleaner, he would get in and lick the sides & bottom of the tub (silly boy). I've used the Scrubbing Bubbles product for a few years now, but w/in the past couple of months or so, he became quite lethargic & recluse.

Of course, I figured out that he probably poisoned himself over time (the little poop) & I quit using the product. During his time of lethargy, he would also vomit each time he would eat the dry food that I have fed him & my female cat for years. I switched him to moist food exclusively & he has started to come around.

He is affectionate again, comes running when he hears me open the can, comes when it's time for treats again, etc. He is still frighteningly skinny though. Is it safe to assume that over time his weight will come back up? He does seem to be eating & drinking regularly also.

Please advise & thank you!!

Sorry to hear that Toulouse is not feeling well.

My guess is that this is not related to the Scrubbing Bubbles at all. But, it is a little coincidental that he is doing better again now that you have stopped using them.

I've had a look at the ingredients and there is nothing that should cause these types of symptoms in a cat.

There are a great number of things that can cause a cat to have vomiting and weight loss. It's usually not because of the type of food that a cat is on.

If Toulouse were my patient the first thing I would do is a full set of bloodwork. It's possible that he has hyperthyroidism. Cats with this condition will often vomit. They tend to have good appetites and yet they lose weight.

Other conditions that cause weight loss include diabetes or kidney disease.

It's also possible that your cat has a foreign object in his stomach. Or, another possibility is inflammatory bowel disease.

I've just thought of two possible connections of the symptoms and the licking of the shower. One could be that Toulouse is looking for extra water because of either kidney disease or diabetes. Or, another possibility is that he has a problem with anemia (low red blood cells). Cats with anemia will sometimes lick at strange objects looking for iron.

In any case, it really would be a great idea to have your vet take a look at him.

I hope he does well!

Thank you so much!! I appreciate the advice. Take Care!!

Yellow skin and urine. My cat has been lethargic for about two weeks. Last week I noticed her Urine was... (11418 views)

Diethylene glycol in chicken jerky. Do you know of any of the Chicken Jerky do treats that are made in China, has been... (4776 views)

Time for euthanasia? I am trying to make the decision on putting my dog down. She no long is herself and... (15147 views)

Effects of tobacco on dogs. wat happens wen u feed ur dog a piece of levi garrett tabacco wit his... (9511 views)

Mom misses puppies. Our boxer had 2 pups both died, she has taken on a stuffed animal replacement but is... (7568 views)

Good chew toys for dogs. Hi Dr, I have a 9 month old dog who is part Golden and part Canadian beaver. He... (14120 views)

Red spot near vulva. My six-year-old spayed, lab mix has a small red area near her vulva. She bites and... (21771 views)

Remove baby teeth with spay? Hello, My wife's puppy is 9 months old. she weighs 3.6 pounds. She needs to get... (9445 views)

Puppies with dandruff. We got 5 puppies from a friend of mine and the puppies have hair loss itching and it... (6571 views)

Sore ears. 6 months ago my Scottish terrier came down with swelling and fluid on right side of... (6061 views)