Scrubbing Bubbles toxic?

Breed: Mixed Breed (Farrel
My Toulouse is a male. I discovered one day that after I would exit the shower & used my Scrubbing Bubbles shower cleaner, he would get in and lick the sides & bottom of the tub (silly boy). I've used the Scrubbing Bubbles product for a few years now, but w/in the past couple of months or so, he became quite lethargic & recluse.

Of course, I figured out that he probably poisoned himself over time (the little poop) & I quit using the product. During his time of lethargy, he would also vomit each time he would eat the dry food that I have fed him & my female cat for years. I switched him to moist food exclusively & he has started to come around.

He is affectionate again, comes running when he hears me open the can, comes when it's time for treats again, etc. He is still frighteningly skinny though. Is it safe to assume that over time his weight will come back up? He does seem to be eating & drinking regularly also.

Please advise & thank you!!

Sorry to hear that Toulouse is not feeling well.

My guess is that this is not related to the Scrubbing Bubbles at all. But, it is a little coincidental that he is doing better again now that you have stopped using them.

I've had a look at the ingredients and there is nothing that should cause these types of symptoms in a cat.

There are a great number of things that can cause a cat to have vomiting and weight loss. It's usually not because of the type of food that a cat is on.

If Toulouse were my patient the first thing I would do is a full set of bloodwork. It's possible that he has hyperthyroidism. Cats with this condition will often vomit. They tend to have good appetites and yet they lose weight.

Other conditions that cause weight loss include diabetes or kidney disease.

It's also possible that your cat has a foreign object in his stomach. Or, another possibility is inflammatory bowel disease.

I've just thought of two possible connections of the symptoms and the licking of the shower. One could be that Toulouse is looking for extra water because of either kidney disease or diabetes. Or, another possibility is that he has a problem with anemia (low red blood cells). Cats with anemia will sometimes lick at strange objects looking for iron.

In any case, it really would be a great idea to have your vet take a look at him.

I hope he does well!

Thank you so much!! I appreciate the advice. Take Care!!

Tug of war caused hernia? Can playing tug of war with a male dog cause a... (5405 views)

Cat attacked by dog. My cat lulu was just attacked by a dog today....i'm a new mommy...and currently... (6218 views)

Should we put down out cat? Good evening. My 15 year old tabby seems to be in rough shape. He is still... (5661 views)

Wobbly after anesthesia. Hello Dr. Marie, I just have a few questions about Snova...he got shaved for the... (14944 views)

2 week old puppy won't nurse. 2 week puppy stopped eating from its mother. we are feeding him with a syringe with... (16114 views)

Vulvar tumor thank you for your reply to my first question about my cat who died from a vulval... (7413 views)

Older dog acting strange. I have had Dakota since he was 3 months old and he will be 12 in January. The... (11562 views)

Does my cat have cancer? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! This is my 3rd time writing to... (16097 views)

Blood in urine. I have taken my dog to 2 vets, and had numerous tests. I noticed she was peeing... (5145 views)

Toenail problems. We adopted Tiger (62lb what appears to be shepard/boxer mix) in May and about a... (8292 views)