Scrubbing Bubbles toxic?

Breed: Mixed Breed (Farrel
My Toulouse is a male. I discovered one day that after I would exit the shower & used my Scrubbing Bubbles shower cleaner, he would get in and lick the sides & bottom of the tub (silly boy). I've used the Scrubbing Bubbles product for a few years now, but w/in the past couple of months or so, he became quite lethargic & recluse.

Of course, I figured out that he probably poisoned himself over time (the little poop) & I quit using the product. During his time of lethargy, he would also vomit each time he would eat the dry food that I have fed him & my female cat for years. I switched him to moist food exclusively & he has started to come around.

He is affectionate again, comes running when he hears me open the can, comes when it's time for treats again, etc. He is still frighteningly skinny though. Is it safe to assume that over time his weight will come back up? He does seem to be eating & drinking regularly also.

Please advise & thank you!!

Sorry to hear that Toulouse is not feeling well.

My guess is that this is not related to the Scrubbing Bubbles at all. But, it is a little coincidental that he is doing better again now that you have stopped using them.

I've had a look at the ingredients and there is nothing that should cause these types of symptoms in a cat.

There are a great number of things that can cause a cat to have vomiting and weight loss. It's usually not because of the type of food that a cat is on.

If Toulouse were my patient the first thing I would do is a full set of bloodwork. It's possible that he has hyperthyroidism. Cats with this condition will often vomit. They tend to have good appetites and yet they lose weight.

Other conditions that cause weight loss include diabetes or kidney disease.

It's also possible that your cat has a foreign object in his stomach. Or, another possibility is inflammatory bowel disease.

I've just thought of two possible connections of the symptoms and the licking of the shower. One could be that Toulouse is looking for extra water because of either kidney disease or diabetes. Or, another possibility is that he has a problem with anemia (low red blood cells). Cats with anemia will sometimes lick at strange objects looking for iron.

In any case, it really would be a great idea to have your vet take a look at him.

I hope he does well!

Thank you so much!! I appreciate the advice. Take Care!!

Puppy walking in circles. Cj ended. Up missing found him at the shelter his ears(normally lay down) are... (13315 views)

Tapeworm pictures in a dog. I just discovered my dog has worms in her poop. She sleeps on our bed and where she... (36769 views)

New hamster tips. Ok well im getting a hamster tomorrow and i had one a few years ago. a few years ago... (8450 views)

Cat vomiting and not eating. Hi Dr. Marie...I wonder if you could help me figure out if my cat is really sick. ... (29700 views)

Swelling by anus. King is a healthy, non-nutered male dog. He eats well and most people are shocked... (19610 views)

Tail fell off. My dog wrapped her tail up in a chain and the other day it fell off. She continues... (10346 views)

Stop dogs from fighting. I have 2 female doxies, one beats up the other all the time. How can i control this?... (5430 views)

Multiple lumps on dog. hi, i have found a hard lump under the skin of my dog, it's by his ribs it does... (10226 views)

Lab has a lump on his muzzle. We took our 2 1/2 year old female lab to Bradshaw Vet for a lump on her muzzle. I... (11967 views)

Limping kitten. I got a kitten on Monday. They said she is about 5 or 6 weeks old. For the first... (11282 views)