Kitten was hit by a car.

Breed: manx
Hello. I would really appreciate if you could help with this situation. My kitten got knocked by a car while playing outside. Most of her fur is off her head and her ears are partly torn. She cannot walk or eat. She seems very weak. There are no veternarian available on the island. so i have to care for her myself. I dont know if she could make it. Can u tell me how to care for her?

I really wish I could help you here but this cat really does need to see a veterinarian.

If she can't walk she may have a broken bone in her pelvis, legs or even back. The only way to know that is to have some xrays taken.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medication that is safe to give cats for pain.

The lack of appetite is likely due to her pain, but could also mean that she has a serious problem with her organs.

This little girl really does need to see a vet right away. Hopefully you have access to get off of the island!

I really hope she is ok. Sorry I can't give you more advice.

Liver shunt or exercise induced collapse? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a 2 year old female lab named Harper. Harper loves to play... (4885 views)

Lump on kitten's chest. Hi I have a kitten and he has developped a very hard lump on his chest, its on... (22818 views)

Histolytica in cats. My cat has low levels of histolytica. I was informed it was common and not necessary... (3885 views)

Cloudy eye with blood. My dog has what seemed to be pink eye but the blood has seeped into the iris. There... (8287 views)

Itchy dog. I had noticed the oldest one of my dogs, Chloe, chewing and itching a little more... (45950 views)

Why do cats lick plastic? I have a 2 year old Himalayan Cat named Felix. He will be 3 in April. He drives me... (25563 views)

Infected wound? Hi, my cat is indoor and outdoor (she has the face of an Egyptian Mau & its head... (3082 views)

Dog with colonic tumor. Hi - Our nearly 11 year old male yellow lab has had quite a week. He has been... (18844 views)

Cat is shedding a lot. I have noticed a dramatic increase in the amount of hair Abby loses every time I... (6158 views)

Cat abscess not healing. About two weeks ago we took my cat to the vet, he has a abscess near his bottom, the... (10948 views)