Red bumps on belly.

Breed: Cavalier King Charle
My Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has a few red bumps on his belly(mostly around his scar from being nuetered). He is itching and licking a lot. He is shedding quite a bit all over, but his coat is healthy and he has no dry skin at all. I am planning to take him to the vet, but am wondering if there is anything I can try at home first to see if we can clear it up on our own.

Hi and thanks for your question about Bailey.

It's always hard to address skin problems online but I can give you a few ideas.

There is a possibility that Bailey has a skin infection. Often we don't know why dogs get these. They almost always need a few weeks of oral antibiotics in order to clear this up.

It is also possible that these are mosquito bites. If you think this is the case, he may get some relief by using polysporin or neosporin cream on the areas.

But, if they are not going away, or seem to be spreading then you will need to see your vet for proper treatment.

I hope he feels better soon!

Time to put to sleep? I adopted my cat about 1.5yrs ago. When I adopted her I was told she was 3 yrs old;... (11556 views)

Cancer in lung? Hello You answered already a questions with respect to my dog Mara (x rays: lots of... (26294 views)

How to keep dogs from breeding. Hi there, I have a one year old female Beagle/Boxer mix and a Lab/pitt mix... (4660 views)

Bloody diarrhea. Hi Marie its 630 and there is no open vet or petstore/grooming in site =( then i... (45832 views)

Disinfecting dishes. Hello Marie, I am contacting you again to ask a question about a part of my cat... (9549 views)

Guinea pig scabs around mouth. My guinea pig is getting brown/orange scabs around its mouth and nose?! I have took... (7738 views)

Tapeworms in kittens. Hey there, I spoke with you a few days ago about my kittens that have worms. The... (10194 views)

Cat licks obsessively. My 4 year old cat has been doing a strange behavior for the last 1.5 years. He... (6853 views)

Black scab on anus Good day Dr. Marie, I read one of your previous questions and answer about a dog... (40427 views)

Boxer fainted. My 1 1/2 year old boxer fainted or collapsed yesterday evening as he was walking to... (7252 views)