Red bumps on belly.

Breed: Cavalier King Charle
My Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has a few red bumps on his belly(mostly around his scar from being nuetered). He is itching and licking a lot. He is shedding quite a bit all over, but his coat is healthy and he has no dry skin at all. I am planning to take him to the vet, but am wondering if there is anything I can try at home first to see if we can clear it up on our own.

Hi and thanks for your question about Bailey.

It's always hard to address skin problems online but I can give you a few ideas.

There is a possibility that Bailey has a skin infection. Often we don't know why dogs get these. They almost always need a few weeks of oral antibiotics in order to clear this up.

It is also possible that these are mosquito bites. If you think this is the case, he may get some relief by using polysporin or neosporin cream on the areas.

But, if they are not going away, or seem to be spreading then you will need to see your vet for proper treatment.

I hope he feels better soon!

Sudden death in papillon My Doctor, I had a six year old female Papillon. She was in seemingly perfect and... (10231 views)

Aural Hematoma my 12 yr old italian greyhound's ear is puffy. not the inner ear but the ear itself.... (12530 views)

Kitten got head caught in door. The kitten got its head caught in the pantry door as it was closing. It seems to... (25185 views)

Dog has itchy lumps my dog has lumps on her body and are a bit... (14106 views)

Itchy legs. Kirsty was diagnosed with a skin allergey just after one year which has been... (6721 views)

Red spots under arms and legs. my dog has red spots under her arms and now on her legs what could it be... (15143 views)

Bleeding from penis. My Siberian Husky has been bleeding from his penis for the last 2 days, It comes and... (16957 views)

Is this a flea problem? My small 3 year old in door cat very recently survived a bout with flea anemia. We... (11014 views)

Coughing and panting. My dog is 12 1/2 and he has a hacking cough and pants all the time except when he's... (35455 views)

Gradual change of food? Hello, I reside in South Korea and I am the father of 3 cocker spaniels. Recently... (10424 views)