Red bumps on belly.

Breed: Cavalier King Charle
My Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has a few red bumps on his belly(mostly around his scar from being nuetered). He is itching and licking a lot. He is shedding quite a bit all over, but his coat is healthy and he has no dry skin at all. I am planning to take him to the vet, but am wondering if there is anything I can try at home first to see if we can clear it up on our own.

Hi and thanks for your question about Bailey.

It's always hard to address skin problems online but I can give you a few ideas.

There is a possibility that Bailey has a skin infection. Often we don't know why dogs get these. They almost always need a few weeks of oral antibiotics in order to clear this up.

It is also possible that these are mosquito bites. If you think this is the case, he may get some relief by using polysporin or neosporin cream on the areas.

But, if they are not going away, or seem to be spreading then you will need to see your vet for proper treatment.

I hope he feels better soon!

Bengal leg weakness. Rebel has had some undiagnosed rear end lameness and weakness intermitantly since... (8430 views)

Kitten with runny nose. my kitten has had a runny nose with bad sneezing for 4 weeks now, shes eatting,... (11873 views)

Cortisone vs. anti-inflammatory. What is more harmful to the liver, anti-inflammatory medication or Cortisone... (7738 views)

Low protein and leaking urine. A German Shepherd mix, approximately 4-6 years old, was dropped off and we started... (5244 views)

Teeth cleaning in cats. How important is it to clean your cats teeth and how would I go about it? My cat... (7048 views)

Should dog have a liver biopsy? My dog, Zora, was adopted from a rescue group in CA so we don't know much about her... (10027 views)

Rimady and kidney disease. I took my dog to the vet because she yelped when I rubbed her belly above her... (7328 views)

What breed is my dog? Hello I Always Wanted To Know What Breed Or Type My Dog Is ? It's A Russian Small... (7677 views)

Hamster has crusty eye. my hamster is 2 years old and a week ago i noticed his right eye has crusted over i... (8275 views)

CCNU chemotherapy. My 12.5 year old Boxer mix was diagnosed with malignant melanoma last week. Surgery... (10165 views)