Red bumps on belly.

Breed: Cavalier King Charle
My Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has a few red bumps on his belly(mostly around his scar from being nuetered). He is itching and licking a lot. He is shedding quite a bit all over, but his coat is healthy and he has no dry skin at all. I am planning to take him to the vet, but am wondering if there is anything I can try at home first to see if we can clear it up on our own.

Hi and thanks for your question about Bailey.

It's always hard to address skin problems online but I can give you a few ideas.

There is a possibility that Bailey has a skin infection. Often we don't know why dogs get these. They almost always need a few weeks of oral antibiotics in order to clear this up.

It is also possible that these are mosquito bites. If you think this is the case, he may get some relief by using polysporin or neosporin cream on the areas.

But, if they are not going away, or seem to be spreading then you will need to see your vet for proper treatment.

I hope he feels better soon!

Coughin Min Pin. My dog throws up yellow bile, in the mornings, every other month or so. Her stomach... (16585 views)

Kitten has a cold and is congested. the kitten was found in the backyard, cold and all alone. He has what appears to be... (14495 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. My pug has been vomiting over the last few days it started two nights ago I woke up... (38111 views)

Itchy coat. my dog itches and her coat seems to be popped up at various places, have cheched... (9735 views)

Chlamydia contagious? Can dogs get chlamydia? I encountered information regarding oral chlamydia&don't... (12578 views)

Hungry and losing weight. Our 17 year old indoor cat, one of two from the same litter, has always been skinny,... (15195 views)

Rabies from a feral kitten? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings and I hope this e-mail reaches you in good health. I... (23508 views)

Cat has a sore mouth. My cat does this thing with her mouth as if there's something stuck in her tooth but... (23559 views)

Licking at bum and feet. My 12 year old female cat started having anal gland issues over a year ago. After... (9548 views)

Older dog acting strange. I have had Dakota since he was 3 months old and he will be 12 in January. The... (13293 views)