Red bumps on belly.

Breed: Cavalier King Charle
My Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has a few red bumps on his belly(mostly around his scar from being nuetered). He is itching and licking a lot. He is shedding quite a bit all over, but his coat is healthy and he has no dry skin at all. I am planning to take him to the vet, but am wondering if there is anything I can try at home first to see if we can clear it up on our own.

Hi and thanks for your question about Bailey.

It's always hard to address skin problems online but I can give you a few ideas.

There is a possibility that Bailey has a skin infection. Often we don't know why dogs get these. They almost always need a few weeks of oral antibiotics in order to clear this up.

It is also possible that these are mosquito bites. If you think this is the case, he may get some relief by using polysporin or neosporin cream on the areas.

But, if they are not going away, or seem to be spreading then you will need to see your vet for proper treatment.

I hope he feels better soon!

Wart on dog's foot. Last Friday I was walking my dog and he suddenly pulled up his front right paw and... (26323 views)

maggots in guinea pig's cage Dear dr marie, i found maggots in my guinea pig's cage. So i want to know if he has... (14557 views)

Dog has itchy lumps my dog has lumps on her body and are a bit... (11961 views)

Guinea pig with mammary tumor. what does a large open lump on a guinea pigs tit mean? the tit has gone!... (13158 views)

Helicobacter in ferrets. HI! I read your response regarding the ferret who was not eating, vomiting, lying in... (15311 views)

Abscess or Cancer? My 8 year old shih tzu had raptured disks surgery five months ago. He was on wheel... (9211 views)

Lethargic after dentistry. Our 3 year old Sheltie was at our local vet yesterday for some shots and to get his... (34378 views)

Trouble urinating after neuter surgery. Hi Dr, Max was neutered yesterday at 10 am. The nurses said he went to pee 2... (60134 views)

Green smelly teeth. Dweeb has greenish slime on her gums and pain when biting. I tried washing it out... (31871 views)

Metacam for cancer pain. I have a 13 year old Birman female cat, never really been sick in her life. We... (16881 views)