Red bumps on belly.

Breed: Cavalier King Charle
My Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has a few red bumps on his belly(mostly around his scar from being nuetered). He is itching and licking a lot. He is shedding quite a bit all over, but his coat is healthy and he has no dry skin at all. I am planning to take him to the vet, but am wondering if there is anything I can try at home first to see if we can clear it up on our own.

Hi and thanks for your question about Bailey.

It's always hard to address skin problems online but I can give you a few ideas.

There is a possibility that Bailey has a skin infection. Often we don't know why dogs get these. They almost always need a few weeks of oral antibiotics in order to clear this up.

It is also possible that these are mosquito bites. If you think this is the case, he may get some relief by using polysporin or neosporin cream on the areas.

But, if they are not going away, or seem to be spreading then you will need to see your vet for proper treatment.

I hope he feels better soon!

What are these little brown bugs. hi um my puppy named chesley is 6-8 months andi just got her recently i cant remeber... (20436 views)

Does my dog have rabies? How likely in your experience will my puppy get rabies if one of her litter mates... (7792 views)

Skinny 19 year old cat. Hi my cat is 19 years old! He is a little skinny but perfectly healthy! I also have... (9951 views)

Fly a puppy in cargo? Hi Dr Marie. We live in Halifax and are buying a pup from a breeder in Winnipeg.... (4832 views)

Bleach for parvo? My great pyrenees mix, which is almost a year was a stray before I got her a little... (17245 views)

Wound on ear won't heal. My puppy accidentally scratched her inner ear, the wound scabbed over but now she... (15015 views)

Dog's baby teeth not out. Hi Dr Marie, Happy Holidays to you. I have a question. I don't think this is a... (12453 views)

My cat's fur is falling out. My cat's fur is falling out. Patchy and balding. I have 2 cats, the other is... (13423 views)

Bald on belly. My cat is around seven years old and recently started going bald on her stomach.... (10005 views)

Puppy throwing up 3 days. My kids brought home a new puppy I have no money she has been here for 2 weeks I... (7575 views)