21 year old cat is dying.

Breed: long hair tabby
THIS IS URGENt, BUT I DON'T HAVE 15.00 RIGHT NOW!!

i THINK MY 21 YEAR OLD CAT IS DYING. tHERE'S BEEN NOTHING SOLID IN HER BOX SINCE tHURS. A.M., SHE HAS NOT EATEN SINCE tHURS. (A BITE OR TWO tHURS.), sHE STILL DRINKS A TINY BIT OF WATER, CAN BARELY WALK AND HER BREATHING IS FAST AND SOMEWHAT LABORED.
mY VET IS MOVING HIS OFFICE THIS WEEKEND AND i CAN'T REACH HIM.

jENJI SEEMS TO BE RESTING PEACFULLY ON A CUSHION WITH A HEATER NEXT TO HER. sHE DOESN'T PURR (VERY UNUSUAL ) WHEN i PET HER. SHOULD I ASSUME SHE'S NOT IN GREAT PAIN AND LET HER DIE OF NATURAL CAUSES? SHE iS A NERVOUS TRAVELER AND PATIENT.

hOW CAN i TELL THAT SHE'S NOT IN ALOT OF PAIN?

THANL YOU SO MUCH.
SINCERELY,
SUSAN

Editor's note: Questions are delivered to Dr. Marie in the order in which they are asked. Urgent questions are not delivered any quicker. If you need to ask a question urgently please use one of the paid question opions

I'm so sorry to hear that Jenji is not doing well.

It is hard to tell when a cat is in pain. The fact that she is not eating and not moving has me concerned.

When a cat is dying, the best choice really is to have your vet put her to sleep rather than to let her die at home. While a cat can die peacefully at home, often the death is not peaceful and can be painful.

Your vet can also help you to know whether anything can be done to help her to live longer.

I hope things go ok.

Where is dog's vulva? My husband resqued a blue tick in the National Forest that was being chased by 2... (53690 views)

Cat urinating on bed. Good Morning Over the past two days my cat has decided to urinate on my bed. His... (15821 views)

Bladder stone surgery. I just returned from the vet where my dog still is. It was discovered through... (22250 views)

Foot got caught in door. As my 10 lb chiwawa was going back in the house this morning and I was opening the... (20816 views)

Red gums next to baby teeth. Hi Dr, This question concerns Max gums. Recall a month ago he had two occluded... (12541 views)

Female dog leaking urine. Dr. Marie My 8yr old shepard mix is leaking urine more days than not she is a... (13882 views)

Cat won't use litter box. I have a 7 month old female cat, I have had her vet checked and she has no problems.... (9675 views)

Does my cat have feline leukemia? have a 6 year old female cat with up to date FeLV and FIV vaccinations. She has the... (5406 views)

Raw, sore nose. Hi there I have a 5 year old Malamute named Mika about a year ago she was attatcked... (8787 views)

Vulvar tumor thank you for your reply to my first question about my cat who died from a vulval... (7320 views)