21 year old cat is dying.

Breed: long hair tabby
THIS IS URGENt, BUT I DON'T HAVE 15.00 RIGHT NOW!!

i THINK MY 21 YEAR OLD CAT IS DYING. tHERE'S BEEN NOTHING SOLID IN HER BOX SINCE tHURS. A.M., SHE HAS NOT EATEN SINCE tHURS. (A BITE OR TWO tHURS.), sHE STILL DRINKS A TINY BIT OF WATER, CAN BARELY WALK AND HER BREATHING IS FAST AND SOMEWHAT LABORED.
mY VET IS MOVING HIS OFFICE THIS WEEKEND AND i CAN'T REACH HIM.

jENJI SEEMS TO BE RESTING PEACFULLY ON A CUSHION WITH A HEATER NEXT TO HER. sHE DOESN'T PURR (VERY UNUSUAL ) WHEN i PET HER. SHOULD I ASSUME SHE'S NOT IN GREAT PAIN AND LET HER DIE OF NATURAL CAUSES? SHE iS A NERVOUS TRAVELER AND PATIENT.

hOW CAN i TELL THAT SHE'S NOT IN ALOT OF PAIN?

THANL YOU SO MUCH.
SINCERELY,
SUSAN

Editor's note: Questions are delivered to Dr. Marie in the order in which they are asked. Urgent questions are not delivered any quicker. If you need to ask a question urgently please use one of the paid question opions

I'm so sorry to hear that Jenji is not doing well.

It is hard to tell when a cat is in pain. The fact that she is not eating and not moving has me concerned.

When a cat is dying, the best choice really is to have your vet put her to sleep rather than to let her die at home. While a cat can die peacefully at home, often the death is not peaceful and can be painful.

Your vet can also help you to know whether anything can be done to help her to live longer.

I hope things go ok.

Grove snail care. Dear Dr. Marie, Hi. My snail has been burying himself lately, so whenever I want... (11835 views)

Itchy ear Hi Dr. I have a 9 month old neutered male golden. Beginning last Saturday he... (13483 views)

Cat died suddenly. Our cat just passed away suddenly last night. She was about 4 years old, and... (9775 views)

Dog peeing on furniture Skyler is 2 years old and is house broken but sometimes he will come back inside and... (8684 views)

Vomiting 3 times per day. My dog is vomiting about 3x per day. She seems to be happy and wants to eat a... (19692 views)

Benadryl for dogs How much Benadryl can I give my dog? I think he is having an allergic reaction to a... (12767 views)

Should I breed my dog? I would like my dog to have puppies one time before I get her spayed. The puppies... (4577 views)

Chattering jaw. my 2yr old lhasa apso could just be sitting and his jaw starts to shake non-stop for... (8900 views)

Bitch searching for dead puppies. my papillon bitch gave birth to a litter of premature pups. sadly they are all dead... (26987 views)

Antibiotics for pyometra? my dog has pyometra what are the chances with survival after antibotic injection... (9026 views)