21 year old cat is dying.

Breed: long hair tabby
THIS IS URGENt, BUT I DON'T HAVE 15.00 RIGHT NOW!!

i THINK MY 21 YEAR OLD CAT IS DYING. tHERE'S BEEN NOTHING SOLID IN HER BOX SINCE tHURS. A.M., SHE HAS NOT EATEN SINCE tHURS. (A BITE OR TWO tHURS.), sHE STILL DRINKS A TINY BIT OF WATER, CAN BARELY WALK AND HER BREATHING IS FAST AND SOMEWHAT LABORED.
mY VET IS MOVING HIS OFFICE THIS WEEKEND AND i CAN'T REACH HIM.

jENJI SEEMS TO BE RESTING PEACFULLY ON A CUSHION WITH A HEATER NEXT TO HER. sHE DOESN'T PURR (VERY UNUSUAL ) WHEN i PET HER. SHOULD I ASSUME SHE'S NOT IN GREAT PAIN AND LET HER DIE OF NATURAL CAUSES? SHE iS A NERVOUS TRAVELER AND PATIENT.

hOW CAN i TELL THAT SHE'S NOT IN ALOT OF PAIN?

THANL YOU SO MUCH.
SINCERELY,
SUSAN

Editor's note: Questions are delivered to Dr. Marie in the order in which they are asked. Urgent questions are not delivered any quicker. If you need to ask a question urgently please use one of the paid question opions

I'm so sorry to hear that Jenji is not doing well.

It is hard to tell when a cat is in pain. The fact that she is not eating and not moving has me concerned.

When a cat is dying, the best choice really is to have your vet put her to sleep rather than to let her die at home. While a cat can die peacefully at home, often the death is not peaceful and can be painful.

Your vet can also help you to know whether anything can be done to help her to live longer.

I hope things go ok.

Wound on cat's leg. Sydney is an indoor/outdoor cat. Last week he got a cut on his front leg. I was... (19265 views)

Abscess? Hi Would you please be able to answer my question.. Wednesday Night I Heard two... (6508 views)

Laryngeal paralysis and vomiting. my dog gags and coughs when he eats and also eats mulch and grass and subsequently... (9816 views)

Arthritis medicine for dogs. Zoey recently has been having trouble walking. I think it may be her hips? She does... (6445 views)

Allergic reaction to vaccines. He just got all his shots this morning and has been vomiting since and his face is... (11957 views)

Brown bugs on my dog. I got a new dog, a crossbreed of Pomeranian and Chihuahua, and I discovered... (8942 views)

Large liver and spleen. Male cat 10 yo & neutered has enlarged pancreas and spleen, slightly enlarged liver.... (21304 views)

Testicle tumor and incontinence. my 11 year old dog has a swollen testicle, (a friend told me it may be a tumor), he... (8225 views)

Vomiting diabetic cat. Hello Dr. We have a 17yr old male diabetic cat who throws up a nasty brown liquid... (32032 views)

Bald on belly. My cat is around seven years old and recently started going bald on her stomach.... (10619 views)