21 year old cat is dying.

Breed: long hair tabby
THIS IS URGENt, BUT I DON'T HAVE 15.00 RIGHT NOW!!

i THINK MY 21 YEAR OLD CAT IS DYING. tHERE'S BEEN NOTHING SOLID IN HER BOX SINCE tHURS. A.M., SHE HAS NOT EATEN SINCE tHURS. (A BITE OR TWO tHURS.), sHE STILL DRINKS A TINY BIT OF WATER, CAN BARELY WALK AND HER BREATHING IS FAST AND SOMEWHAT LABORED.
mY VET IS MOVING HIS OFFICE THIS WEEKEND AND i CAN'T REACH HIM.

jENJI SEEMS TO BE RESTING PEACFULLY ON A CUSHION WITH A HEATER NEXT TO HER. sHE DOESN'T PURR (VERY UNUSUAL ) WHEN i PET HER. SHOULD I ASSUME SHE'S NOT IN GREAT PAIN AND LET HER DIE OF NATURAL CAUSES? SHE iS A NERVOUS TRAVELER AND PATIENT.

hOW CAN i TELL THAT SHE'S NOT IN ALOT OF PAIN?

THANL YOU SO MUCH.
SINCERELY,
SUSAN

Editor's note: Questions are delivered to Dr. Marie in the order in which they are asked. Urgent questions are not delivered any quicker. If you need to ask a question urgently please use one of the paid question opions

I'm so sorry to hear that Jenji is not doing well.

It is hard to tell when a cat is in pain. The fact that she is not eating and not moving has me concerned.

When a cat is dying, the best choice really is to have your vet put her to sleep rather than to let her die at home. While a cat can die peacefully at home, often the death is not peaceful and can be painful.

Your vet can also help you to know whether anything can be done to help her to live longer.

I hope things go ok.

Red sores on mouth. My dog has developed sores or bubbley looking things round her mouth. They get... (13087 views)

Metacam for cancer pain. I have a 13 year old Birman female cat, never really been sick in her life. We... (14817 views)

Blood in urine. I can not afford to take her to a vet...so here I am. I have just noticed while... (8884 views)

Should I spay my dog? Hello, I have an 8-year old Maltese which is not spayed. It was something we... (11164 views)

Dog scratching and biting. My dog has recently started scratching and biting at himself excessively, I have... (16940 views)

Head tremors and bloody discharge. Dear Dr. Marie my fiance Melissa contacted you friday 02/26/2010 about are cat... (7665 views)

Two gerbils fighting. i have a gerbil that i got and i put it with my other gerbil and they were fiting... (7205 views)

Risks of liver biopsy? Good morning Dr. Marie! Remember me? From last month with Oreo's bile acid test... (20858 views)

Lump on cat's abdomen. My cat has a round, hard spot in her stomach. It has a red dot in the center It... (12154 views)

Diethylene glycol in chicken jerky. Do you know of any of the Chicken Jerky do treats that are made in China, has been... (4522 views)