21 year old cat is dying.

Breed: long hair tabby
THIS IS URGENt, BUT I DON'T HAVE 15.00 RIGHT NOW!!

i THINK MY 21 YEAR OLD CAT IS DYING. tHERE'S BEEN NOTHING SOLID IN HER BOX SINCE tHURS. A.M., SHE HAS NOT EATEN SINCE tHURS. (A BITE OR TWO tHURS.), sHE STILL DRINKS A TINY BIT OF WATER, CAN BARELY WALK AND HER BREATHING IS FAST AND SOMEWHAT LABORED.
mY VET IS MOVING HIS OFFICE THIS WEEKEND AND i CAN'T REACH HIM.

jENJI SEEMS TO BE RESTING PEACFULLY ON A CUSHION WITH A HEATER NEXT TO HER. sHE DOESN'T PURR (VERY UNUSUAL ) WHEN i PET HER. SHOULD I ASSUME SHE'S NOT IN GREAT PAIN AND LET HER DIE OF NATURAL CAUSES? SHE iS A NERVOUS TRAVELER AND PATIENT.

hOW CAN i TELL THAT SHE'S NOT IN ALOT OF PAIN?

THANL YOU SO MUCH.
SINCERELY,
SUSAN

Editor's note: Questions are delivered to Dr. Marie in the order in which they are asked. Urgent questions are not delivered any quicker. If you need to ask a question urgently please use one of the paid question opions

I'm so sorry to hear that Jenji is not doing well.

It is hard to tell when a cat is in pain. The fact that she is not eating and not moving has me concerned.

When a cat is dying, the best choice really is to have your vet put her to sleep rather than to let her die at home. While a cat can die peacefully at home, often the death is not peaceful and can be painful.

Your vet can also help you to know whether anything can be done to help her to live longer.

I hope things go ok.

My dog wants to sniff everything. I have miniature schnauzer who refuses to poop in “timely manner outside. I take... (9941 views)

Older dog won't eat. My dog is a mutt, 14yrs old, and has been acting strangely as of late. She doesn't... (10361 views)

Bald spot on hamster. My dwarf hamster has a rather large bald spot above her left front leg. I noticed... (25513 views)

Fever and dizziness in older dog. Dear Dr. Marie, Kodi is a 15 years old Labrador, he is very active and love to... (4868 views)

Peeing on walls. Okay,I have a female spayed 2 year old cat and never sprayed walls and peed walls.... (13101 views)

IVDD and swimming. My American Bulldog Lucille, age 11 years old, has Type 2 IVDD. She can walk... (5144 views)

Seizure episode. he just had a sesiure like episode where he was walking with me and just kinda... (6598 views)

Chronic cat diarrhea. I had emailed you several times regarding my cat Bandit in December and January.... (6520 views)

Food to dissolve bladder stones. We have a 12-13 year old dog who has been diagnosed with 5 large stones in her... (16910 views)

Stuffed up nose. Dear Vet, We have a 12 year old Australian Shepard, 80 pound male. He is not having... (10577 views)