Dog won't walk.

Breed: chihuahua
my dog has almost stoped walkin and jus crawls around,unless it like to get food of something...can you tell me why?

This sounds like a serious issue. It's going to be hard for me to answer this question without some more information.

Is Pheobe able to move her back legs at all? If she is just crawling around and dragging her back legs then she may have a serious back injury such as a ruptured intervertebral disc.

If she is able to walk but is really lethargic it could be due to pain, infection or other illness.

I wish I could tell you more, but it really does sound like you need to have a vet examine her.

Died after bloat surgery. My dog became sick early Friday morning (2am) and vomited 3 times between 2am and... (23014 views)

Constipated or urinary issue? Hello Dr Marie. I am contacting you about our cat Linus again. It is 4 am here.... (13119 views)

Why did my cat die? Hi Dr. Marie, I know you are probably overwhelmed but I pray you give me some piece... (16302 views)

Should I get a guinea pig? Dear Dr. Marie, I live in Seattle, Washington, USA. I'm interested in having two... (10904 views)

Cat died suddenly. Hi and thank you for your time My son met me at the door in tears as 1.5 year old... (9708 views)

Spay 7 year old dog? Shadow my "daughter" is 7 years old. She is NOT spayed. Recently, I noticed a... (21301 views)

Puppy walking in circles. Cj ended. Up missing found him at the shelter his ears(normally lay down) are... (16111 views)

Diarrhea with blood. my dog, i just recently changed his dog food. and i got home and saw diarrhea... (27184 views)

Can a dog transmit Hep C? Recently my nephew was bitten by a k-9 dog in a mistaken identity situation. My... (22477 views)

Lump under arm of puppy. We have a 10 week old puppy. He got his first set of vaccinations one week ago. ... (18945 views)