Dog won't walk.

Breed: chihuahua
my dog has almost stoped walkin and jus crawls around,unless it like to get food of something...can you tell me why?

This sounds like a serious issue. It's going to be hard for me to answer this question without some more information.

Is Pheobe able to move her back legs at all? If she is just crawling around and dragging her back legs then she may have a serious back injury such as a ruptured intervertebral disc.

If she is able to walk but is really lethargic it could be due to pain, infection or other illness.

I wish I could tell you more, but it really does sound like you need to have a vet examine her.

Urinary problems and fleas. hi dr i have 2 cockers a male and a female both are house broken but thay been... (7551 views)

Dog ate goat feces. Hello, We had a baby goat that contracted tetanus. Before we knew he was sick, he... (9231 views)

Get rid of parvo virus. I have a general question about Parvo virus, Its a very very common virus I know,... (25595 views)

Euthanasia for older cat. I euthanized my cat on Friday, and I regret it so badly. He was 14 1/2 years old,... (8561 views)

Contagious diarrhea? please bare with me as this is gonna be kind of long... about 2 weeks ago i had... (6811 views)

Skin infection is back. Hello Doctor, My dog has had open sores on his ears, neck and back. They start as... (7852 views)

Dog urinating in the house. I really need help, i have a dog that is now one and a half years old, hes a cross... (8988 views)

Feeding a cat with fatty liver. Hi Dr. Marie, I am in a bit of a muddy situation. My client changed vets for ONE of... (6687 views)

My dog wants to sniff everything. I have miniature schnauzer who refuses to poop in “timely manner outside. I take... (9776 views)

Robaxin and Metacam. Rocky has been having back pain for over a week now. He's had this problem before... (17217 views)