Dog won't walk.

Breed: chihuahua
my dog has almost stoped walkin and jus crawls around,unless it like to get food of something...can you tell me why?

This sounds like a serious issue. It's going to be hard for me to answer this question without some more information.

Is Pheobe able to move her back legs at all? If she is just crawling around and dragging her back legs then she may have a serious back injury such as a ruptured intervertebral disc.

If she is able to walk but is really lethargic it could be due to pain, infection or other illness.

I wish I could tell you more, but it really does sound like you need to have a vet examine her.

Child and dog have a virus. My puppy that is 9 weeks old has had all shot. Today he has terrible diarrhea and... (7222 views)

Bump on tail tip. I noticed a small bump near the very end of my dog's tail, about 1/2 inch wide. She... (41373 views)

Not well after vaccines. Had rabies distemper & bord shots fri Gave her frontline & heartguard yest night.... (9833 views)

Peach stone or pancreatitis? My dog ate a peach stone. It appeared to give no problems, but two to three weeks... (7058 views)

Cause of high ALP? mickey a male is 6 and 1/2 years old. he was prescribed on 8/12/11 rimadyl (1/2 75mg... (12831 views)

Nursing cat has no milk. she has difficulty producing milk; one time losing milk early, the second she... (11154 views)

Kennel cough in pregnant dog. My dog just started very mild reverse sneeze/sneezing and slight runny nose I'm... (18237 views)

Vomiting, diarrhea and red eyes. Hi Dr. Marie, My cat Mercy is 6 years old and is an indoor cat (she is deaf). ... (13150 views)

Exercise induced collapse. I have a labrador retriever and she is about 4 years old, 60 lbs and she is a girl.... (6800 views)

Euthanasia for older cat. I euthanized my cat on Friday, and I regret it so badly. He was 14 1/2 years old,... (9341 views)