Dog has teeth stuck in her cheek.

Breed: shih tzu, snouzer
i noticed my dogs mouth was bleeding a little bit while we were playing so i opened her mouth to take a look inside and she has her teeth literally stuck through the right side of her cheeks. what should i do? i tryed numbing it so i can try to get them unstuck but she wont let me touch the area

This is a tough question to answer without seeing your dog.

It's possible that what you are seeing are baby teeth that have come out and are now stuck in her mouth. However, in 12 years of practice I have never seen this happen!

It could also be that she has had some type of trauma to her mouth.

I wish I could give you an idea as to what to do but if she is uncomfortable with this she will likely need to see the vet.

Summer shaving? Is it ok to shave my dogs coat in the summer? will that help to make him... (8964 views)

Did I do the right thing? Hello Dr. Marie, I am grieving today as I had my 12 year old cat put down yesterday... (9795 views)

Give thyroid medicine? Hi there, I live in a remote northern community and we do not have a vet here. My... (6891 views)

Diarrhea in chihuahua. Hello. I need some help in trying to diagnose my 4 month old chihuahua puppy. Let me... (8197 views)

Overdose of Xanax. Can forty .5 mg pills of Alprazolam Kill a 6 pound chihuahua? came home and found my... (77827 views)

Renal failure. Dear Dr. Marie, My 10 year old Yorkie Bobo has been diagnosed with chronic kidney... (13963 views)

Cushing's and panting. I saw where you advised a person on dog breathing problems, that is could be... (38678 views)

Dog eats cat poop. I've caught my dog eating out of our kitten's litter box twice in the past two days.... (15129 views)

Swollen feet in older cat. My 13 year old female cat has had several odd problems for about 2 months. I have... (17294 views)

Cat is dying. I took in a stray that was living in a garage since his was little for years and was... (9759 views)