Dog has teeth stuck in her cheek.

Breed: shih tzu, snouzer
i noticed my dogs mouth was bleeding a little bit while we were playing so i opened her mouth to take a look inside and she has her teeth literally stuck through the right side of her cheeks. what should i do? i tryed numbing it so i can try to get them unstuck but she wont let me touch the area

This is a tough question to answer without seeing your dog.

It's possible that what you are seeing are baby teeth that have come out and are now stuck in her mouth. However, in 12 years of practice I have never seen this happen!

It could also be that she has had some type of trauma to her mouth.

I wish I could give you an idea as to what to do but if she is uncomfortable with this she will likely need to see the vet.

Cushings and cataracts. Our Little Jack Russell is 15 years old. He is blind from cataracts. And now the vet... (16581 views)

Do male cats go into heat? Hi, I recived a new male cat and I would like to know if exist a "tablett" or... (10091 views)

Vomiting and runny eyes. Hello Doc! My cat Princess started throwing up this morning. First two times was... (57168 views)

Xray for hip dysplasia? Hi Dr, I was just wondering as a rule whether I should have Max x-rayed to check... (8106 views)

Treatment for kidney disease. My cat has recently been hospitalized for kidney failure. They have her on fluids... (6705 views)

vet question Hi Dr. Marie. My name is Kim. I'm from Sydney, Australia. My dog, Lassie is going on... (11853 views)

Frontline and Sentry? My husband put sentry flea and tick squeeze on our dog 2 days ago,and it didn;t work... (11942 views)

Coughing shih tzu. Louie has always gagged after drinking water, often clear watery mucous comes up. ... (30332 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. We went up to Lake Tahoe for the weekend, both of our dogs receive home made food,... (16253 views)

Infection on leg. My dog has been licking his inner thigh to the point where it is very red and there... (21218 views)