Dog has teeth stuck in her cheek.

Breed: shih tzu, snouzer
i noticed my dogs mouth was bleeding a little bit while we were playing so i opened her mouth to take a look inside and she has her teeth literally stuck through the right side of her cheeks. what should i do? i tryed numbing it so i can try to get them unstuck but she wont let me touch the area

This is a tough question to answer without seeing your dog.

It's possible that what you are seeing are baby teeth that have come out and are now stuck in her mouth. However, in 12 years of practice I have never seen this happen!

It could also be that she has had some type of trauma to her mouth.

I wish I could give you an idea as to what to do but if she is uncomfortable with this she will likely need to see the vet.

Bitch searching for dead puppies. my papillon bitch gave birth to a litter of premature pups. sadly they are all dead... (29117 views)

Cat falling over. for the last while my cat is having a hard time walking and is falling over. When he... (20440 views)

Rare form hepatitis. I got Sadie in January this year. She is a rescue. She's been sick since February.... (5493 views)

Cat is very quiet. My cat is a neutered male who has just turned two years old. He is an indoor/outdoor... (24330 views)

Accident in bed. Hi Dr. Marie, I am writing to you because Max (who normally sleeps in our bed at... (10571 views)

How to keep dogs from breeding. Hi there, I have a one year old female Beagle/Boxer mix and a Lab/pitt mix... (6598 views)

Cat having back end problems. Hi Dr. Marie, It's Christmas Eve so the vet here is closed. I hope you're able to... (12031 views)

Kidney problems in ferret. Hi there, I am the owner of a ferret male, 2.5 years old, who in the last week,... (13688 views)

Do you like being a vet? Hi Dr. Marie I have 2 cats and their names are simba and angel and they're very... (11047 views)

Questions about Feliway. Am interested in buying Feliway for scratching but need to know the ingredients.... (19684 views)