Can't close mouth.

Breed:
Hi! My cat is 21 years old. Just recently its like his lower jaw has shifted to the right and his two fang teeth are colliding, which is not letting him close his mouth. I literally have to move his jaw over and close it for him, then as soon as he opens it again it goes right back. Any advice?

Sounds like Toby will need to be seen by a vet.

I'm really concerned that he may have a serious mouth tumor.

It sounds like he is quite uncomfortable, so please have him seen soon!

Kidney problem or diabetes? Hi Dr Marie, Hicks is 17 years old now. Still moderately active. 2 years ago, she... (4266 views)

Ringworm treatment in cat. First, thank you for your previous help with my questions. I have 2 issues with... (15856 views)

Lethargic shih tzu My dog came home from the cottage this weekend and is acting very odd. He walks a... (21978 views)

Handling newborn kittens. Hello, My cat has recently had kittens. I think they are a day old. She had... (8573 views)

Rabbit with maggots Our rabbit was not eating and was shaking this morning. We discovered there were... (9039 views)

Blood on penis. My son's 3 yr old dog is fixed but had sex with a female dog. Now he is bleeding... (14744 views)

Cat has vomiting and diarrhea. Hi my cat is about one year old and we feed him and give him water everday but he... (11924 views)

Roundworms and hookworms. How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly... (3547 views)

Intestinal lymphoma. Hello Dr. Marie Our Jack Russell/Pug mixed breed dog Charlie is 6 yrs old and has... (14301 views)

Problems after anesthetic. My cat was put on anesthia for the blood draw, which was not approved by me. This... (20798 views)