Can't close mouth.

Breed:
Hi! My cat is 21 years old. Just recently its like his lower jaw has shifted to the right and his two fang teeth are colliding, which is not letting him close his mouth. I literally have to move his jaw over and close it for him, then as soon as he opens it again it goes right back. Any advice?

Sounds like Toby will need to be seen by a vet.

I'm really concerned that he may have a serious mouth tumor.

It sounds like he is quite uncomfortable, so please have him seen soon!

Duck jerky making dogs sick? If chicken strips (jerky) might be a problem, what about duck? I have bags of both... (5952 views)

Diabetes and cushings. Doc, I need an objective viewpoint. My 14 yr 3mo old dog Buddy has been diagnosed 3... (20478 views)

Lump near spay incision. Dog has sore on paw looks like a circle and it's very tender to touch. It has... (20398 views)

How to socialize fearful dog. how do you socialize a fearful dog? this dog I have will not go by anyone, if I walk... (9885 views)

Did neutering affect dog's bladder? My dog is 10 months old and was neutered 3 weeks ago. He was on antibiotics prior to... (17395 views)

Dog having seizures. Hi Dr. Marie, My regular vet left to go on holiday today and after calling the... (13946 views)

Lentigo on a daschund. Dear Dr. Marie, I just recently discovered these black dots on my dogs chest when... (33903 views)

Not eating, losing weight. My cat has lost a lot of weight in the past 3 weeks. She cries for food but then... (8682 views)

Losing weight and hungry. My dog Knock has lost a lot of weight, he currently weighs about thirty pounds and... (13352 views)

Stop dog fighting. Hi I have 3 dogs and the one dog is a bit pushy towards the other dogs, she will... (4188 views)