Starting pay of a vet.

Breed:
I'm a student hoping to study Vet Med but I might need to get student loan for the education fees. I wish to know what is the starting pay of a vet and the pay of a vet with lets say 3 years of experience so I could plan ahead to pay back the loan. Thanks alot!

The answer to this question really depends on where you will be working.

You'll get some good insight into the salary and loan burdens of a vet by reading this article:

Why are vets so expensive?

Unfortunately, most vets do graduate with a large debt load and do take a good 20 years or so to pay it off!

Foot problem and congestion. My 10 year old dog max just finished taking cephalexin for a foot infection and has... (11327 views)

Vomiting and elevated liver enzymes. Hi Dr. Marie, I don't know the appropriate name for my dog's breed, but I have... (32548 views)

Cushings and cataracts. Our Little Jack Russell is 15 years old. He is blind from cataracts. And now the vet... (16831 views)

Paralyzed Rottweiler. 10 yr old rottie mix 100 lbs suddenly became unable to move or walk 5 days ago. He... (16343 views)

Cat drinks from fish bowl. Hi! My cat isn't(as far as I can tell) sick at all, but rather I'm wondering... (55102 views)

Dog suddenly paralyzed. My beloved Pug, Newt, passed away last October.She was 12 years old. She developed a... (49105 views)

Ovariectomy vs. Ovariohysterectomy. My beautiful little girl had a lump near one of her lower nipples last week. After... (9882 views)

Dog pooping blood. My dog is pooping blood, but not pooping. Just blood coming out like she is... (16899 views)

Cat shaking and licking lips. My cat (11 months old) is a male cat, neutered, all shots, etc. He has always been... (28729 views)

Cat's stomach making noises My cat's stomach has been making noises today including gurgling and rumbling. This... (225612 views)