Starting pay of a vet.

Breed:
I'm a student hoping to study Vet Med but I might need to get student loan for the education fees. I wish to know what is the starting pay of a vet and the pay of a vet with lets say 3 years of experience so I could plan ahead to pay back the loan. Thanks alot!

The answer to this question really depends on where you will be working.

You'll get some good insight into the salary and loan burdens of a vet by reading this article:

Why are vets so expensive?

Unfortunately, most vets do graduate with a large debt load and do take a good 20 years or so to pay it off!

Fleas, pale nose and sick. My cat Ava has lost alomot all of her hair and so much weight i can see her hip... (7126 views)

Safe fruits and vegetables for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a young cat who likes to eat certain fruit and vegetables,... (26674 views)

Introducing kittens. hi, i have a 5 month old kitten, and have introduced an 8 week old kitten to the... (10650 views)

My dog eats too fast. My dog eats too fast. He occasionally gags a bit or throws up shortly after eating,... (32340 views)

Dog is bleeding. My 13 year old Min Pin has arthritis and is very, very weary. He recently started... (61386 views)

Anxious at night time. Okay, So this is a slightly weird question but it is one that is extremely... (37653 views)

Should I withhold water? My zoe has just beem dignosed with diabetes we just brought her home today and we r... (12856 views)

How much water should a puppy drink? Dr Marie, This is more a precautionary question. Max is 4.5 months old, 37... (90159 views)

Upper respiratory virus Thank you for your past advise. I now have another question that is regarding... (18532 views)

Occult blood in urine. Hi Dr. Marie This is in regard to Oreo, I dont know if you recall our situation... (13913 views)