White spot on dog's nose.

Breed: lab
sadie has a white spot below her nose right in the middle of the muzzle i can't tell if she is in any pain nor will she let me try an touch it. This spot has been there for 3 days now.

This is a tough question to answer without being able to examine Sadie, but I'll give you a few ideas of what this could be.

It's possible that this is a pustule. This would be a sign of a skin infection. It may have started with a break in the skin or even an insect sting. If it is a pustule then Sadie's likely going to need antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

It's also possible that this is a viral wart. A viral wart looks like a tiny little cauliflower like growth. If this is the case then it will go away on its own but may take a few months to do so. Someone recently discovered that putting a dog with a viral wart on an antibiotic called azithromycin can make it go away within 10 days though. Viral warts are contagious to other dogs.

It's also possible that this is the start of a serious autoimmune condition such as pemphigus or discoid lupus. These conditions are rare though. If this is the case then the bump would turn into a blister and then ulcerate (i.e. get raw and inflamed.)

I have also seen dogs just get pigment changes on their nose that are nothing to worry about.

While I can't give you an official diagnosis online, if you'd like to send a picture I can perhaps give you a better idea and let you know whether a vet visit is necessary.

If you can get a picture you can send it to photos@askavetquestion.com.

I'll be online for about 20 minutes more tonight...but I'll check in in the morning if I've missed you.

Grief after dog passed away. I recently lost my 13 year old German Shepherd mix. She is my first dog. My... (9041 views)

Vomiting after allergy injection My sister took my dog to the vet yesterday where she recieved a shot to stop itching... (18506 views)

Stop dog fighting. Hi I have 3 dogs and the one dog is a bit pushy towards the other dogs, she will... (6271 views)

Clavaseptin and diarrhea. My puppy recently had to spend a night at the vet, we are pretty sure he just ate... (18210 views)

Any problems after inguinal hernia surgery? I purchased a yorkie 2months old who recently had a inguinao hernia surgery and i... (14283 views)

Switching foods for allergies. My male yorkie has recently developed food allergies. He has been n wheat corn and... (9075 views)

Clear discharge from eye. Hi there, My one year old cat has had a slight watery discharge from her left eye... (13605 views)

Pit Bull died suddenly. My Female Pit bull is about a year and half to 2 years we got her from a neighbor... (17639 views)

Lance abscess? My dog was was in a fight with my roomates dog. He healed up and was himself a few... (15020 views)

Can't move back legs. Cat is not able to move back legs and yowling. Maybe paralyzed? No accidents. Need... (18338 views)