Yorkie has tartar on teeth.

Breed: Yorkshire terrior
I have recently noticed that masey has tartar buildin up on her teeth, iv gave her dental sticks but they dont seem to have done much and I brush her teeth, what else would you recommend? Thanks Joanne

Unfortunately almost every Yorkie will get a build up of tartar on their teeth. You are doing the right things, but most likely you will need to have a dental cleaning done.

A dental cleaning is done under an anesthetic, but the anesthetics these days are very safe.

I wish I had another answer for you, but by far the best thing you can do is have the dentistry done!

Pug died suddenly. Aloha, Our beloved Pug Tobi passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday and as much as I... (11035 views)

Meowing and growling cat. I am having problems with my 15 year old neutered cat. She has always been... (15617 views)

Cat struggling to breathe. It looks like my cat is struggling to breathe. I can see her chest moving up and... (15974 views)

Dog scratching and biting. My dog has recently started scratching and biting at himself excessively, I have... (21142 views)

Reduce allergies to cats. I'm allergic to cats but I would love to have one. I've recently heard that there is... (10460 views)

Trouble moving. Firts, I am owner of 3 dogs~ Last Saturday we found a small tick on buddy. He... (14513 views)

Is rescue cat in pain? Hello I took in a stray female cat about 10 days ago. HER behaviour is odd. She... (11233 views)

Pug died after pooping blood. my female pug passed away between 4:00A.M. & 8:00 A.m. yesterday. She had never... (61208 views)

Diarrhea and coughing. First off let me apologize for the convoluted description of the symptoms, but I... (7570 views)

Splenic mastocytosis in a cat I was told for cats with splenic mastocytosis, the treatment of choice is... (15542 views)