Yorkie has tartar on teeth.

Breed: Yorkshire terrior
I have recently noticed that masey has tartar buildin up on her teeth, iv gave her dental sticks but they dont seem to have done much and I brush her teeth, what else would you recommend? Thanks Joanne

Unfortunately almost every Yorkie will get a build up of tartar on their teeth. You are doing the right things, but most likely you will need to have a dental cleaning done.

A dental cleaning is done under an anesthetic, but the anesthetics these days are very safe.

I wish I had another answer for you, but by far the best thing you can do is have the dentistry done!

Dog won't eat. HELP! Starting I think Thursday or Friday Max ate but was easily distracted. I'd... (26056 views)

Does my cat have cancer? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! This is my 3rd time writing to... (16012 views)

Dog has lost her voice. What could cause this? It's come on gradually for about 3 months. When she tries to... (15379 views)

Disinfecting dishes. Hello Marie, I am contacting you again to ask a question about a part of my cat... (11215 views)

Big belly in stray cat. Hello, One day a stray cat showed up at our Home, We could tell she was expecting.... (24492 views)

Itchy smelly dark skin. Good day! I am Arby Bautista from Laguna, Philippines. I searched the internet... (6364 views)

Dog suddenly needy. Austin is 7. He is a shelter dog. I've had him since he was 2-ish. He was diagnosed... (35776 views)

Aggressive dog torn nail Lincoln split his nail 2 weeks ago. I put Neosporin on it and wrapped it with a... (13181 views)

Inverted vulva and puppy vaginitis. I have purchased a Golden Retriever to be used as a new dog for breeding. She is... (43735 views)

Do sheep die on their backs? Hi, there. We have been having a debate about a sheep we saw in the field behind... (70668 views)