Yorkie has tartar on teeth.

Breed: Yorkshire terrior
I have recently noticed that masey has tartar buildin up on her teeth, iv gave her dental sticks but they dont seem to have done much and I brush her teeth, what else would you recommend? Thanks Joanne

Unfortunately almost every Yorkie will get a build up of tartar on their teeth. You are doing the right things, but most likely you will need to have a dental cleaning done.

A dental cleaning is done under an anesthetic, but the anesthetics these days are very safe.

I wish I had another answer for you, but by far the best thing you can do is have the dentistry done!

Diethylene glycol in chicken jerky. Do you know of any of the Chicken Jerky do treats that are made in China, has been... (5116 views)

Dog eats cat poop. I've caught my dog eating out of our kitten's litter box twice in the past two days.... (15437 views)

Limping Maltipoo. My dog fell from trying to jump on my bed 2 days ago. (She is a maltipoo and weighs... (16102 views)

lump on spay incision Hello Dr. Marie, Gracie was spayed 5 days ago. Her incision looks wonderful... (26859 views)

Yellow fluid from nose. Dr. Marie, My male pug, aged 10, stuck with a piece of apple last night (29/1), I... (5882 views)

Lump on puppy's jaw. Hi, My puppy has a lump on her face at the side just below her eye, Its roughly... (12759 views)

Kitten not pooping. Hi Dr. Marie. I recently just brought a young kitten home and he is probably 4... (10629 views)

Lump near spay incision. Dog has sore on paw looks like a circle and it's very tender to touch. It has... (23600 views)

Home treatment for abscess. My cat had an abscess I didnt know about until it blew 4 days ago. I have cut away... (8808 views)

Cat doesn't want to move. My cats bio: July was infested with fleas. Took two months to totally rid them from... (5523 views)