Dog eats my underwear.

Breed: mixed
This is going to sound weird but this is a real question. My dog keeps licking mine & my husbands underwear. It is always in the crotch area. Is this normal or is there something wrong with him. Again this is not a joke, i really want to know if this is normal.
Thank you for your time.

This is actually a very common behavior for some dogs! My own dog, Eddie, when I was a student used to take my underwear out of the laundry, drag it into the common area in the house that I lived in and chewed the crotch out of them. Very embarrassing.

You can often break this habit by setting some booby traps for your dog. Leave some underwear out that is sprayed in a product called bitter apple. Bitter apple tastes absolutely horrible. After a few times of trying to eat these undies, Gizmo should give up.

Dog has itchy lumps my dog has lumps on her body and are a bit... (8584 views)

Cat not eating. About 2 Weeks ago I took Emma to the Vet because pretty much overnight her Appetite... (5306 views)

Vaccines in Nunavut. Hi, We live in the high arctic and don't have access to vet services and thus... (3894 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi Dr. Marie I have a 10 week old OES pup, male. He is in good weight, healthy... (9831 views)

Why can't I get rid of fleas? How do I permanently get rid of fleas? I have tried flea shampoos, and De Flea... (7405 views)

Dog ate mouldy treats. My labs get milkbone treats twice a day...I just noticed they have mold on them.... (6393 views)

Blood in urine. I have taken my dog to 2 vets, and had numerous tests. I noticed she was peeing... (2993 views)

Sneezing and runny eyes. My dog has been excessively sneezing for over a year now. She has had no respiratory... (13693 views)

Bladder surgery showed no cancer or stones. I am sorry in advance this is a little long. I just wanted to get the right... (8002 views)

Home treatment for abscess. My cat had an abscess I didnt know about until it blew 4 days ago. I have cut away... (6957 views)