Dog eats my underwear.

Breed: mixed
This is going to sound weird but this is a real question. My dog keeps licking mine & my husbands underwear. It is always in the crotch area. Is this normal or is there something wrong with him. Again this is not a joke, i really want to know if this is normal.
Thank you for your time.

This is actually a very common behavior for some dogs! My own dog, Eddie, when I was a student used to take my underwear out of the laundry, drag it into the common area in the house that I lived in and chewed the crotch out of them. Very embarrassing.

You can often break this habit by setting some booby traps for your dog. Leave some underwear out that is sprayed in a product called bitter apple. Bitter apple tastes absolutely horrible. After a few times of trying to eat these undies, Gizmo should give up.

Dog can't pee. I was outside today and I looked over at my dog. He bent over to pee but no pee... (12905 views)

Old cat with lump on paw. Our family cat is 13 to 15 years old. within the last two weeks she has lost her... (5915 views)

Guinea Pig in Heat? Dear Dr. Marie, I have a guinea pig named Charlie, and my friend also has a... (25086 views)

Baby teeth didn't fall out. My dog's two canine teeth did not fall and her adult teeth grew in front of them.... (8752 views)

Patellar luxation in big dog. Dr, For the past few days Max has had a UTI. For the past two visits my vet has... (5069 views)

arthritis in 17 year old dog I have a 17 year old female german shepard/black lab/collie mix that weighs 45... (65625 views)

Bulldog losing hair. hello, I have a 3 year old english bulldog that has had skin issues since he was... (16793 views)

Need spanish to be a vet? I am wishing to go into the veterinary workforce, and I would love to know if you... (9429 views)

Light sensitivity in older cat. Jack, 12 years old, was diagnosed with CKD 6months ago and is having Hills... (7870 views)

Lump on jaw. OK...my cat has a lump on her neck/jaw. One vet has told me it was an... (22509 views)