Not eating or using litter box.

Breed: ??
about 4 or 5 days ago my cat stopped eating and using the bethroom for about 2 days. she became very lethargic which is not like her. after 2 days we finally got her to eat and drink something but only if we brought it to her. now she will only get up to get water and food if she has to(if we don't bring it to her). she has started to use the litter box again but only urinating, no bowel movements but she is still lethargic, not wanting to get up very much unless she has to. she feels like she has a slight temperature. what could it be? is there something a can give her to break her temperature? how can i get her to get up and move around?

Oh dear, it sounds like Woodstock is really not feeling well.

There are a number of things that can cause these symptoms.

Does she go outside? If so, it's possible that she has been in a fight with another cat. If a cat receives a bite or scratch sometimes even though we can't a wound there can be a serious infection underneath the skin or in the muscle.

An infection will cause a fever which will cause her to be very lethargic and not want to eat. If this is an infection then she will need to have oral antibiotics prescribed by your vet.

It is also possible that she has eaten something that is toxic to her. Do you have any plants in the house? Some, such as certain kinds of lilies can be very toxic to a cat's kidneys. If you think this is the case then she needs to see a vet to go on intravenous fluids immediately.

It's also possible that she has eaten something that has become lodged in her stomach or intestines.

Woodstock definitely needs to see a vet. There is no over the counter medicine that is safe to get a fever down (and cats don't usually just get a fever for no reason, so she needs to be treated with antibiotics if she has a fever.)

For tonight you can try to use a turkey baster or syringe to give her some water or some unsweetened pedialyte (an electrolyte solution for kids) to help with her hydration.

I hope she does ok!

Dog pooped red and black balls. My dog once threw up a screw and has been eating her poop. Recently I found red and... (11847 views)

Tapazole not working. Miss Kitty who is spayed and about 13 yrs old (we rescued her) was recently... (7909 views)

Cat attacked by dogs. We have 5 dogs and 4 cats (mostly rescues) who have grown up together and have... (29867 views)

Very sick dog. My dog can't poop and won't eat. He also has puss-like infection coming from his... (9398 views)

Lump on dog. Hi Dr Marie, I realize your answer to this may be a best guess... But today I... (11689 views)

Click in dog's elbow. Hi Dr. I've noticed that sometimes Max's right elbow will creak as he bends it.... (11881 views)

Fearful puppy? I just adopted a new puppy from a man who owned a farm. he had a few dogs and they... (6593 views)

Not eating, panting. Dear Dr. Marie, I have three dogs all together. Daisy is the alpha of the group.... (13783 views)

Pale gums and seizure. Hi, 2 months ago buddy would go outside and if he would run/play hard he would come... (10054 views)

Type of clippers? I need to know what kind or brand of trimmer to use on my rough coat Collie. Tried... (10063 views)