Not eating or using litter box.

Breed: ??
about 4 or 5 days ago my cat stopped eating and using the bethroom for about 2 days. she became very lethargic which is not like her. after 2 days we finally got her to eat and drink something but only if we brought it to her. now she will only get up to get water and food if she has to(if we don't bring it to her). she has started to use the litter box again but only urinating, no bowel movements but she is still lethargic, not wanting to get up very much unless she has to. she feels like she has a slight temperature. what could it be? is there something a can give her to break her temperature? how can i get her to get up and move around?

Oh dear, it sounds like Woodstock is really not feeling well.

There are a number of things that can cause these symptoms.

Does she go outside? If so, it's possible that she has been in a fight with another cat. If a cat receives a bite or scratch sometimes even though we can't a wound there can be a serious infection underneath the skin or in the muscle.

An infection will cause a fever which will cause her to be very lethargic and not want to eat. If this is an infection then she will need to have oral antibiotics prescribed by your vet.

It is also possible that she has eaten something that is toxic to her. Do you have any plants in the house? Some, such as certain kinds of lilies can be very toxic to a cat's kidneys. If you think this is the case then she needs to see a vet to go on intravenous fluids immediately.

It's also possible that she has eaten something that has become lodged in her stomach or intestines.

Woodstock definitely needs to see a vet. There is no over the counter medicine that is safe to get a fever down (and cats don't usually just get a fever for no reason, so she needs to be treated with antibiotics if she has a fever.)

For tonight you can try to use a turkey baster or syringe to give her some water or some unsweetened pedialyte (an electrolyte solution for kids) to help with her hydration.

I hope she does ok!

Cat licking at belly. My Cat has been licking and cleaning her abdomen untill she as removed most of the... (8480 views)

Dog can't pee. I was outside today and I looked over at my dog. He bent over to pee but no pee... (17865 views)

Older cat with diarrhea Gizzy has Diarrhea most all the time and it smells really bad She used to throw up... (11116 views)

Recessed vulva I have a customer that claims the dog she bought from me has perivulvar pyoderma. ... (29172 views)

Dog in heat. My female min pin seams to be in heat for last week. she has a little blood around... (11235 views)

Stuffed up nose. Dear Vet, We have a 12 year old Australian Shepard, 80 pound male. He is not having... (11829 views)

Swelling on ear. My 2 year old male beagle has a bump on his outer ear flap which resembles the post... (8291 views)

Possible degenerative myelopathy. Hi Dr. Marie, My 11 year old German shepherd has been taking prevacox, tramedol,... (35339 views)

Lump on German Shepherd. This morning while brushing Sako, a 9-year-old GSD, I noted an area where hair is... (17369 views)

Not putting weight on leg. Our cat jumped off the fridge and did something to his back leg. He limps now. When... (12713 views)