Not eating or using litter box.

Breed: ??
about 4 or 5 days ago my cat stopped eating and using the bethroom for about 2 days. she became very lethargic which is not like her. after 2 days we finally got her to eat and drink something but only if we brought it to her. now she will only get up to get water and food if she has to(if we don't bring it to her). she has started to use the litter box again but only urinating, no bowel movements but she is still lethargic, not wanting to get up very much unless she has to. she feels like she has a slight temperature. what could it be? is there something a can give her to break her temperature? how can i get her to get up and move around?

Oh dear, it sounds like Woodstock is really not feeling well.

There are a number of things that can cause these symptoms.

Does she go outside? If so, it's possible that she has been in a fight with another cat. If a cat receives a bite or scratch sometimes even though we can't a wound there can be a serious infection underneath the skin or in the muscle.

An infection will cause a fever which will cause her to be very lethargic and not want to eat. If this is an infection then she will need to have oral antibiotics prescribed by your vet.

It is also possible that she has eaten something that is toxic to her. Do you have any plants in the house? Some, such as certain kinds of lilies can be very toxic to a cat's kidneys. If you think this is the case then she needs to see a vet to go on intravenous fluids immediately.

It's also possible that she has eaten something that has become lodged in her stomach or intestines.

Woodstock definitely needs to see a vet. There is no over the counter medicine that is safe to get a fever down (and cats don't usually just get a fever for no reason, so she needs to be treated with antibiotics if she has a fever.)

For tonight you can try to use a turkey baster or syringe to give her some water or some unsweetened pedialyte (an electrolyte solution for kids) to help with her hydration.

I hope she does ok!

Possible degnerative myelopathy. My 12 year old Chesapeake Bay Retreiver has been diagnosed with degenerative disc... (6695 views)

Low protein and leaking urine. A German Shepherd mix, approximately 4-6 years old, was dropped off and we started... (4488 views)

Disinfecting dishes. Hello Marie, I am contacting you again to ask a question about a part of my cat... (9396 views)

Cat scratch fever. We have had our cat Zeus for over a year. He is up to date on his vaccines and is an... (4285 views)

Is ketoconazole safe? Hi. My 6 y/o Papillon has suffered fron skin problems his whole life. I've been told... (3931 views)

Puppy breathing hard. Tucker is only 8 weeks old, I can't get his needles until this Tues. I think he has... (11805 views)

Why is my dog limping? hello we have just woke up this morning and found my american bulldog limping on his... (36932 views)

Lethargic after dentistry. Our 3 year old Sheltie was at our local vet yesterday for some shots and to get his... (30545 views)

Neomycin dangerous to cats? by fault i wish i hadn't, i gave my cat eardrops containing neomycin (i only gave... (14548 views)

Cat has lump on neck. hi dr marie my cat abby has been bitten or posioned on her neck first it was a big... (12155 views)