Not eating or using litter box.

Breed: ??
about 4 or 5 days ago my cat stopped eating and using the bethroom for about 2 days. she became very lethargic which is not like her. after 2 days we finally got her to eat and drink something but only if we brought it to her. now she will only get up to get water and food if she has to(if we don't bring it to her). she has started to use the litter box again but only urinating, no bowel movements but she is still lethargic, not wanting to get up very much unless she has to. she feels like she has a slight temperature. what could it be? is there something a can give her to break her temperature? how can i get her to get up and move around?

Oh dear, it sounds like Woodstock is really not feeling well.

There are a number of things that can cause these symptoms.

Does she go outside? If so, it's possible that she has been in a fight with another cat. If a cat receives a bite or scratch sometimes even though we can't a wound there can be a serious infection underneath the skin or in the muscle.

An infection will cause a fever which will cause her to be very lethargic and not want to eat. If this is an infection then she will need to have oral antibiotics prescribed by your vet.

It is also possible that she has eaten something that is toxic to her. Do you have any plants in the house? Some, such as certain kinds of lilies can be very toxic to a cat's kidneys. If you think this is the case then she needs to see a vet to go on intravenous fluids immediately.

It's also possible that she has eaten something that has become lodged in her stomach or intestines.

Woodstock definitely needs to see a vet. There is no over the counter medicine that is safe to get a fever down (and cats don't usually just get a fever for no reason, so she needs to be treated with antibiotics if she has a fever.)

For tonight you can try to use a turkey baster or syringe to give her some water or some unsweetened pedialyte (an electrolyte solution for kids) to help with her hydration.

I hope she does ok!

Suddenly disoriented. our approx 8 y/o schnauzer is partially blind and partially deaf(we adopted him a yr... (27773 views)

Good appetite in blind deaf cat. my cat is over 15 years old she is partially blind and deaf she misses her litterbox... (8069 views)

Splenic mastocytosis in a cat I was told for cats with splenic mastocytosis, the treatment of choice is... (12051 views)

Pale stool and orange urine. Last Saturday night, my dog's stool started looking strange. Pale and very soft,... (7538 views)

Dog has teeth stuck in her cheek. i noticed my dogs mouth was bleeding a little bit while we were playing so i opened... (11391 views)

Need exam with steroid shot? Is it by the state of law that your cat needs to be examined when you know the cat... (4946 views)

Parvo carrier? A dog by the name of Bo was pulled from the pound along with some puppies, the... (29781 views)

Seizures in sleep? My dog is 15 years old he has previously about 4 years ago had a tumor removed near... (6252 views)

Dog shedding. Why is our dog shedding so... (9593 views)

Sick Golden Dr., I try to keep this short: My kids golden, 7+ years old, got lyme like 3... (6932 views)