Not eating or using litter box.

Breed: ??
about 4 or 5 days ago my cat stopped eating and using the bethroom for about 2 days. she became very lethargic which is not like her. after 2 days we finally got her to eat and drink something but only if we brought it to her. now she will only get up to get water and food if she has to(if we don't bring it to her). she has started to use the litter box again but only urinating, no bowel movements but she is still lethargic, not wanting to get up very much unless she has to. she feels like she has a slight temperature. what could it be? is there something a can give her to break her temperature? how can i get her to get up and move around?

Oh dear, it sounds like Woodstock is really not feeling well.

There are a number of things that can cause these symptoms.

Does she go outside? If so, it's possible that she has been in a fight with another cat. If a cat receives a bite or scratch sometimes even though we can't a wound there can be a serious infection underneath the skin or in the muscle.

An infection will cause a fever which will cause her to be very lethargic and not want to eat. If this is an infection then she will need to have oral antibiotics prescribed by your vet.

It is also possible that she has eaten something that is toxic to her. Do you have any plants in the house? Some, such as certain kinds of lilies can be very toxic to a cat's kidneys. If you think this is the case then she needs to see a vet to go on intravenous fluids immediately.

It's also possible that she has eaten something that has become lodged in her stomach or intestines.

Woodstock definitely needs to see a vet. There is no over the counter medicine that is safe to get a fever down (and cats don't usually just get a fever for no reason, so she needs to be treated with antibiotics if she has a fever.)

For tonight you can try to use a turkey baster or syringe to give her some water or some unsweetened pedialyte (an electrolyte solution for kids) to help with her hydration.

I hope she does ok!

Dog having seizures. Hi Dr. Marie, My regular vet left to go on holiday today and after calling the... (14914 views)

Dog is limping. Denaro has had a limp in his left front leg for about a month, it goes from a... (14484 views)

Parvo protection. Hi Dr, My Golden is 7 weeks now. I will be taking him home next week after he's... (63354 views)

Whipworm treatment? I was looking into a preventative whip worm product as my vet keeps telling me that... (5018 views)

Chinese Crested with diarrhea This is breed that loses their teeth (starting at an early age) as they age.... (9691 views)

Spay 7 year old dog? Shadow my "daughter" is 7 years old. She is NOT spayed. Recently, I noticed a... (17341 views)

Dentistry on older cat. My cat, who is a 19 year old spayed male we have had his entire life is fairly... (14154 views)

Arthritis in elbow. My 10 year old German Shepherd mix has been limping on her front leg. It has... (15079 views)

Cat itchy on neck. Recently my cat has been scratching in the area just below her neck at the top of... (9769 views)

Cat is eating less and vomiting. Bernie has been on Royal Canin wet Overweight Management food for awhile. Lately he... (4811 views)