Guinea pig losing teeth.

Breed: guinnipig
its mouth is sore and can only chew mashed up food its loosing his teeth to its not the outside its the inside also hes not drinking his water out of his bottle one of his bottom teeth has come out completley and the other one has grown long and is wobbly, his two top teeth, one is fine but the other is wearing down and the bottom gums seem as though they have ulcers on them.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that your guinea pig is having problems eating!

While I can't say for sure without seeing Limo, I am concerned that he may have scurvy. This happens when a guinea pig does not get enough vitamin C.

Is he on a proper guinea pig food? If not, he needs to be on one. If he is, be sure that it is fresh within 3 months of its "mill date". This will be printed on the bag. After 3 months, the vitamin C in guinea pig food gets broken down.

It sounds like Limo will need to see the vet to address the problems with his mouth. He may need some antibiotics and some dental work. Your vet will likely prescribe a Vitamin C Supplement as well.

I really hope everything is ok!

Bad odor from dog's behind. I have a border Collie-lab male 4 year old dog. About a week go I noticed that my... (12379 views)

Shaking and tucking tail. 3 days ago my dog, who was being taken on a walk in the morning, suddenly started... (182428 views)

Frequent urination in puppy. Dr. Marie, We have a brand new 7 week old bullmastiff female, named June...I have... (25025 views)

Coughing chihuahua My chihuahua has had an intermittent cough since roughly last year when she had most... (14390 views)

Interview tips for veterinary technicians. I actually had a question not related to a pet, if that is okay. What advice would... (5743 views)

Watery eyes. Minnie's eyes are very watery, she can't seem to keep them open and her nose is... (10093 views)

High stepping and chattering. My dog has suddenly started walking funny. He lifts his paws up higher than normal... (8829 views)

Dog can't pee. I was outside today and I looked over at my dog. He bent over to pee but no pee... (15885 views)

Metacam for cancer pain. I have a 13 year old Birman female cat, never really been sick in her life. We... (15615 views)

Salivating dog. Seizures? My dog started to twist and chew on her tongue and stick it out on her right side... (11002 views)