Guinea pig losing teeth.

Breed: guinnipig
its mouth is sore and can only chew mashed up food its loosing his teeth to its not the outside its the inside also hes not drinking his water out of his bottle one of his bottom teeth has come out completley and the other one has grown long and is wobbly, his two top teeth, one is fine but the other is wearing down and the bottom gums seem as though they have ulcers on them.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that your guinea pig is having problems eating!

While I can't say for sure without seeing Limo, I am concerned that he may have scurvy. This happens when a guinea pig does not get enough vitamin C.

Is he on a proper guinea pig food? If not, he needs to be on one. If he is, be sure that it is fresh within 3 months of its "mill date". This will be printed on the bag. After 3 months, the vitamin C in guinea pig food gets broken down.

It sounds like Limo will need to see the vet to address the problems with his mouth. He may need some antibiotics and some dental work. Your vet will likely prescribe a Vitamin C Supplement as well.

I really hope everything is ok!

Sore tail. Yesterday I noticed my cat acting strange. She has been walking with her tail very... (9019 views)

Dogs with occasional diarrhea. I have two German shepherds, male and female. The female is 7 yrs, the male is 5... (35393 views)

Snorted out vaccine. Hello Dr. Marie....Rianna had her booster for Bordatella first of October..she has... (10601 views)

Cat not doing well. Hi Dr. Marie, First I want to say I love your page on Facebook and I am a big Fan... (9368 views)

Cat itchy on neck. Recently my cat has been scratching in the area just below her neck at the top of... (11480 views)

Not putting weight on leg. Our cat jumped off the fridge and did something to his back leg. He limps now. When... (13111 views)

Black dots in dog's ear. We recently realised there are black sesame seed like black dots in one of my dog's... (12628 views)

Fearful Sheltie. my dog is very nervous of new people and places. she is very nervous and can't focus... (10533 views)

Coughing older dog. Parker is a slightly smaller than average Wheaten mix who has been overweight most... (6946 views)

Unexplained liver problems. Dr. Marie, I have a now 14 year old yorkie with some complex medical issues and... (8257 views)