Guinea pig losing teeth.

Breed: guinnipig
its mouth is sore and can only chew mashed up food its loosing his teeth to its not the outside its the inside also hes not drinking his water out of his bottle one of his bottom teeth has come out completley and the other one has grown long and is wobbly, his two top teeth, one is fine but the other is wearing down and the bottom gums seem as though they have ulcers on them.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that your guinea pig is having problems eating!

While I can't say for sure without seeing Limo, I am concerned that he may have scurvy. This happens when a guinea pig does not get enough vitamin C.

Is he on a proper guinea pig food? If not, he needs to be on one. If he is, be sure that it is fresh within 3 months of its "mill date". This will be printed on the bag. After 3 months, the vitamin C in guinea pig food gets broken down.

It sounds like Limo will need to see the vet to address the problems with his mouth. He may need some antibiotics and some dental work. Your vet will likely prescribe a Vitamin C Supplement as well.

I really hope everything is ok!

Flaky skin. Samson has flakey skin that is most obvious on his back toward the tail and under... (17046 views)

Abscess on paw. has a very swollen front paw that spilt open between middle toes puss and blood ... (45820 views)

Dental problems in 20 year old cat. My cat Jack, who is 20 yrs old and has a predominant heart murmur and obviously a... (13288 views)

Bloated abdomen my dog has been severly bloated for five weeks, at first i thought he had just got... (12469 views)

Allergic reaction and diarrhea. Dr, My 3 1/2 year old basset hound is having multiple issues that in my best... (10303 views)

Regurgitating water. Hello, Dr Marie. My cocker spaniel just recently started regurgitating water. He... (11703 views)

Lump near spay incision. Dog has sore on paw looks like a circle and it's very tender to touch. It has... (24140 views)

Itchy scrotum after grooming. Our dog is constantly licking his area where his testicles used to be (he is... (25329 views)

Rogain toxic to dogs? Hello. Thank you for taking the time to read and answer my question. I have... (23662 views)

Stimulus sensitive seizures. Hello, My dog is part pomerainean and part something else. He is about 25lbs. He is... (18950 views)