Guinea pig losing teeth.

Breed: guinnipig
its mouth is sore and can only chew mashed up food its loosing his teeth to its not the outside its the inside also hes not drinking his water out of his bottle one of his bottom teeth has come out completley and the other one has grown long and is wobbly, his two top teeth, one is fine but the other is wearing down and the bottom gums seem as though they have ulcers on them.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that your guinea pig is having problems eating!

While I can't say for sure without seeing Limo, I am concerned that he may have scurvy. This happens when a guinea pig does not get enough vitamin C.

Is he on a proper guinea pig food? If not, he needs to be on one. If he is, be sure that it is fresh within 3 months of its "mill date". This will be printed on the bag. After 3 months, the vitamin C in guinea pig food gets broken down.

It sounds like Limo will need to see the vet to address the problems with his mouth. He may need some antibiotics and some dental work. Your vet will likely prescribe a Vitamin C Supplement as well.

I really hope everything is ok!

Spay a nursing cat? Our kitty gave birth to three kittens 10 days ago and is already in heat. Is it... (9841 views)

Possible laryngeal paralysis. Jet has started making sounds like he is gasping for breath and then coughs. This... (13878 views)

Anal gland problems. Hello. I am a veterinary assistant and I am having an issue with my Cane Corso's... (8360 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 2 year old dachshund. She consumed 2 and 1/2 pieces of... (11047 views)

Aggressive cats when in heat. i have 2 cats cocoa & honey & honey jus had kittens but before honey had her kittens... (8785 views)

Red liquid in rats eyes. My rat has no energy and she has red liquid comimg out her eyes and she is shaking... (11955 views)

Frontline and capstar but still has fleas. My cat has fleas. We have treated him with capstar and frontline, given him a flea... (20181 views)

Bulldog losing hair. hello, I have a 3 year old english bulldog that has had skin issues since he was... (20578 views)

White eye discharge in Guinea Pig. i have a guinea pig and she has lost alot of weight and shes not her self, she has... (14365 views)

Is coconut oil good for dogs? Hello, I'm writing to find out if coconut oil is safe and beneficial to feed my... (8574 views)