Guinea pig losing teeth.

Breed: guinnipig
its mouth is sore and can only chew mashed up food its loosing his teeth to its not the outside its the inside also hes not drinking his water out of his bottle one of his bottom teeth has come out completley and the other one has grown long and is wobbly, his two top teeth, one is fine but the other is wearing down and the bottom gums seem as though they have ulcers on them.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that your guinea pig is having problems eating!

While I can't say for sure without seeing Limo, I am concerned that he may have scurvy. This happens when a guinea pig does not get enough vitamin C.

Is he on a proper guinea pig food? If not, he needs to be on one. If he is, be sure that it is fresh within 3 months of its "mill date". This will be printed on the bag. After 3 months, the vitamin C in guinea pig food gets broken down.

It sounds like Limo will need to see the vet to address the problems with his mouth. He may need some antibiotics and some dental work. Your vet will likely prescribe a Vitamin C Supplement as well.

I really hope everything is ok!

Hot spot on head. My dog has a raw spot on the top of his head that looks like a hotspot. He has... (7679 views)

Fly a puppy in cargo? Hi Dr Marie. We live in Halifax and are buying a pup from a breeder in Winnipeg.... (6047 views)

Pink lump on dog's paw. I just noticed my Daschund has a small lump on one of her paws. It is pinkish in... (59352 views)

Chances of getting rabies from my dog? My wife was recently bit by my dog. My dog has battled allergies and likes to lick... (37149 views)

White blisters in cat's ears. My cat has a number of small white "blisters" on her ears. She repeatedly scratches... (8591 views)

Proin for incontinence. Our lab is 4 years old and has had a urinary problem since birth. When he sleeps or... (10199 views)

Diabetic cat diet. Hi, I am the owner of two siamese cats (female) from same litter - 11.5 years old.... (11895 views)

URTI in diabetic cat. Buster is a 14 year old male who weighs 16 pounds. He has had diabetes for 2-1/2... (12346 views)

Rapid breathing in sleep. My 8 week old puppy breathes very rapidly whenever she falls asleep like she is out... (115381 views)

Swollen paw pad. Max has had a swollen pad(front paw...the one further up the leg) for about a week.... (15590 views)