Is my dog overweight?

Breed: Border Collie/Cattle
Can you please tell me what weight Lady should be? She is now 24kg, is this a good weight?

It's really not possible for me to tell you what weight your dog should be without me examining her in person.

You can check this dog weight chart to get an idea of the average weight of some breeds, but every dog is different.

A healthy dog should have a little fat covering over her ribs, but you should not have to press very hard to feel her ribs. She should have a visible waist as well when you look at her from the top.

8 month old kitten producing milk. Hi. My 5 month old kitten (Macy) has been trying to nurse from my 8 month old cat... (5704 views)

Bump on eye. Dear Dr. Marie, I am writing about my 3-year-old Australian Cattle Dog, Bruce.... (12826 views)

Patellar luxation surgery for pomeranian? Hi, How necessary is it to have surgery on a 2 year old Pomeranian's back legs to... (6526 views)

Boxer with distended stomach and pale gums ******Urgent Please******CAN NOT AFFORD UPGRADE [Editor's Note: Questions are... (18595 views)

Diarrhea after having puppies. is it nomal for a dog to have the runs after giving birth to 11 puppies a week... (25741 views)

Swollen eye in older cat. Hello - I have a 13-yr cat with renal issues (diagnosed 2 yrs ago) - but she has... (9626 views)

Dog pees when excited. comit had surgery done to remove a hernia and the vets said it was of most good to... (10637 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate candy. Bo ate an 8 oz. package of See's chocolate brittle (12 one inch pieces of toffee... (8866 views)

Bladder surgery showed no cancer or stones. I am sorry in advance this is a little long. I just wanted to get the right... (10810 views)

Dark sticky diarrhea. My 14yr old poodle has diarrhea and an upset stomach (he keeps eating grass in the... (14161 views)