How long does a dog stay in heat?

Breed: yorkie
How long does she stay in heat? and how often? thanks have a blessed day!

Dogs are usually in heat for about 3 weeks. The first week will have the heaviest bleeding.

They are usually fertile at around days 11-14 but this can vary greatly.

Most dogs will come into heat every 6 months, but this can really vary as well.

Chemical castration of dogs. What would be the benefits of Zinc neutering using Zinc Gluconate offered by Ark... (11417 views)

Mucus in kitten's eyes. I found a kittin this moring it appeared to have mucus around the eyes and nose. I... (22242 views)

Pink lump on dog's paw. I just noticed my Daschund has a small lump on one of her paws. It is pinkish in... (53132 views)

Cat pooping on floor. We have a male, neutered cat who is about 4 years old. He has been pooping on the... (9844 views)

Thin after back injury. A friend found a dog years ago on the side of the road with an broken back. Break... (9820 views)

Blood in stool. Hi, this is going to be a really long question so my apologies in advance, but we... (9035 views)

White bumps on anus. Hi Dr. Marie, I know you are quite busy with all your other questions and I am... (17201 views)

Kitten strangled himself. My kitten just strangled himself and his tounge was blue,hanging out, limp,not... (10371 views)

43 days pregnant and not eating. MY DOG IS 43 DAYS PREGNANT, SHE HAS LOW APETITE, DOCTOR PRESCRIBED PETPRO TABS 1... (6999 views)

Sore neck after blood draw. This afternoon, I took my dog for routine labwork and the tech took it from his... (11733 views)