How long does a dog stay in heat?

Breed: yorkie
How long does she stay in heat? and how often? thanks have a blessed day!

Dogs are usually in heat for about 3 weeks. The first week will have the heaviest bleeding.

They are usually fertile at around days 11-14 but this can vary greatly.

Most dogs will come into heat every 6 months, but this can really vary as well.

Spinning on bum. my 8yr old female jack russell sits down and puts her head in the air and spins... (41304 views)

Why is my hamster biting me? My hamster bites me only when I take him out of his ball or exercise wheel. Even on... (11257 views)

Itchy dog. This is a follow on of a question past #2740. Choo Choo's itch has continued all... (6249 views)

Wound on ear won't heal. My puppy accidentally scratched her inner ear, the wound scabbed over but now she... (15326 views)

Cut my dog while grooming. My mother was trimming Levi's fringe, and accidentally cut skin instead. Needless to... (52251 views)

Older cat losing weight. My eleven year old cat has congenital hipdisplasia however she has been happy... (21392 views)

Poop caked on bum. I saw that my dog was acting stangely, so I examined him and saw that his bottom is... (20780 views)

Cat losing hair in patches Our cat has started loosing hair in spots. HE is an orange tabby. White spots... (17811 views)

Cat with hyperthyroidism. Hi again! I spoke to you last week regarding the bad behavior of my cat. She has... (21184 views)

Corn in dog food. Is corn in dog food bad for him? And I also have a maltese that is 3 years old. Is... (4551 views)