How long does a dog stay in heat?

Breed: yorkie
How long does she stay in heat? and how often? thanks have a blessed day!

Dogs are usually in heat for about 3 weeks. The first week will have the heaviest bleeding.

They are usually fertile at around days 11-14 but this can vary greatly.

Most dogs will come into heat every 6 months, but this can really vary as well.

Peeing in house. My cat has recently started urinating outside of her litter box again. She is about... (8112 views)

Megaesophagus in a puppy. I have a 7 week old lab/pit mix puppy who has been throwing up her food since we got... (8544 views)

Cat with painful lump. my outside cat just recently got a big lump on the right side of his stomach and he... (16365 views)

Anxious at night time. Okay, So this is a slightly weird question but it is one that is extremely... (31860 views)

Dog not well after fighting. My dog was in a fight with the neighbors dog last night. When I there Captain was... (5427 views)

Sick hamster or hibernating. Please help ! My hamster is not moving now but it is breathing.. I am not sure about... (16898 views)

Thin older cat. Dr. Marie, My cat is very thin although he eats every 1/2 hour, he has also... (11470 views)

Seizures and not eating. Earlier in the week Cash had a pee/poop/vomit fest in the house, unusual for him. ... (7893 views)

Get rid of parvo virus. I have a general question about Parvo virus, Its a very very common virus I know,... (25969 views)

Ear Cleaning. I'd like to know is a vinegar and water solution a good home remedy for my dogs... (25453 views)