How long does a dog stay in heat?

Breed: yorkie
How long does she stay in heat? and how often? thanks have a blessed day!

Dogs are usually in heat for about 3 weeks. The first week will have the heaviest bleeding.

They are usually fertile at around days 11-14 but this can vary greatly.

Most dogs will come into heat every 6 months, but this can really vary as well.

Lethargic after dentistry. Our 3 year old Sheltie was at our local vet yesterday for some shots and to get his... (34059 views)

Why did dog die? My dog, Runway, died suddenly early sunday morning, at about 1:00am. I am wondering... (14677 views)

Sick cat. HI. MY cat has been sick for the last two months or so. The last few weeks however,... (11060 views)

Possible coonhound paralysis? My dogs front right leg went out on him last night. He was on waiting list for ACL... (10814 views)

Pug died suddenly. Aloha, Our beloved Pug Tobi passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday and as much as I... (8849 views)

Crusty cat nipple. My 8 year old male cats nipple was hard and crusty. I pulled it and it came out and... (67707 views)

Cushing's and panting. I saw where you advised a person on dog breathing problems, that is could be... (40629 views)

Kitten diarrhea. my cat is having diarrhea and is growing weak everyday. he's feces have mucus and he... (9593 views)

Red liquid in rats eyes. My rat has no energy and she has red liquid comimg out her eyes and she is shaking... (11517 views)

Boxer splitting open tail. I have a 2 year old boxer and she keeps splitting her tail open is it necessary to... (6672 views)