Morning after pill for dogs?

Breed: German Shepherd
Is there a "morning after pill" for dogs?

There is a medical way to terminate a dog's pregnancy but we don't do it often. A vet can give hormone injections which will terminate the pregnancy. However, these injections have a high chance of causing a pyometra which is a serious life threatening infection in the uterus. It is also very painful for the dog.

The other alternative is to have your vet spay your dog as soon as possible.

If your dog has bred with another dog then there is a VERY high chance that she is pregnant.

Low T4 and thyroid medicine. I have a 6yr old lab mix (approx 70 lbs) that was diagnosed with hypothyroidism... (5161 views)

Dog with FCE Dr. M, We have a 40 pound bulldog terrier mix. Eight days ago he was fighting with... (8306 views)

Boxer bleeding from mouth. Hello my dog has just started bleeding from his mouth its not alot alot but it is... (68707 views)

Vomiting undigested food. I read in a magazine Woman's World about your service to give pet medical advice. My... (19873 views)

Chin acne in cats. He's been on a cleansing agent and anti-biotic/steroid for 5 of 7 days for his acne... (7591 views)

Magnesium level of food. I have two cats. Casper has urinary tract issues. He is currently on a .085%... (14077 views)

Prognosis if dog has pulmonary edema. Hello Dr. Marie, I´m from Brazil, so, first of all I´m sorry about my poor... (12745 views)

Muscle tremors and distemper. I have an around 4 - 6 month old puppy who was a street dog in Dharamsala India. She... (12855 views)

Euthanized dog with megaesophagus. 3 days ago we had to put our dear dog Bailey to sleep:( he was diognosed with... (12075 views)

Dog can't poop. okay hi how r u doing? my little dog she is a puppy she is 8 months she cant booboo... (15329 views)