Morning after pill for dogs?

Breed: German Shepherd
Is there a "morning after pill" for dogs?

There is a medical way to terminate a dog's pregnancy but we don't do it often. A vet can give hormone injections which will terminate the pregnancy. However, these injections have a high chance of causing a pyometra which is a serious life threatening infection in the uterus. It is also very painful for the dog.

The other alternative is to have your vet spay your dog as soon as possible.

If your dog has bred with another dog then there is a VERY high chance that she is pregnant.

Wheezing dog. My dog wheezes just after going on a walk with me and then proceeds to act sick or... (9805 views)

Polysporin on cats? My cat is 21 years old. I HAVE had her to the vet 3 times now with open sores on... (79760 views)

Older cat losing weight. My eleven year old cat has congenital hipdisplasia however she has been happy... (30889 views)

Papilloma Virus. My seven month old puppy developed papilloma virus warts on his lips and then his... (29088 views)

Dog with ear problem. Icleaned my dogs ears with a Q tip and may have hurt his ear drum. I cannot go to a... (15203 views)

Home cooked diet for dog. I cook Tater ground sirloin, white rice and then mix in some canned no salt green... (7313 views)

Can I use Trifexis now? The flea population is horrible in WV this year, like most of the eastern US. We... (15687 views)

Boxer grinding teeth. my fixed female boxer has recently started grinding her teeth. she seems to do this... (57043 views)

Dog biting at tail. I just noticed earlier today Sept. 29th that my Husky has chunks of hair missing... (37436 views)

Black skin patches on dog. My dog started developing patches on his side a few months ago. His hair is falling... (29537 views)