Antibiotics for pyometra?

Breed: yorkshire terrier
my dog has pyometra

what are the chances with survival after antibotic injection which last for two weeks against pyometra. when breathing difficulty prevents surgery.she did have a smelly discharge

Unfortunately I have never seen an animal with pyometra be cured with an antibiotic injection. It may work temporarily, but they almost always need to have surgery.

Pyometra is a very serious condition.

I hope that things work out ok for your girl!

Small puppy. Rnt? Hi, I just purchased a purebred BullMastiff puppy. He is very happy and seems to... (30873 views)

Should surgery be done? I have a female labrador, who is six year old and was nutered when she was 1 year... (6851 views)

Limping cat with heart problems. Hudson is a 10 year old indoor house cat. He originally came from a garbage dump in... (15834 views)

Puppy is very hyper. Gracey was born on July 6th..so she will be six months soon. We have had dogs all... (8844 views)

Tough upper respiratory infection. We picked up Indigo from a breeder on June 13th. He sneezed occasionally throughout... (28873 views)

Problems after anesthetic. My cat was put on anesthia for the blood draw, which was not approved by me. This... (23938 views)

Short of breath and runny nose. My dog is shor of breath, has a runny nose, and is shaking please help me I do not... (8101 views)

Trouble going to the bathroom. First off i want to say i really wish i could do the paid option so i could for sure... (9294 views)

Crusty ears on stray cat. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. There is a small stray cat I... (12002 views)

Swollen paw pad. Max has had a swollen pad(front paw...the one further up the leg) for about a week.... (16156 views)