Antibiotics for pyometra?

Breed: yorkshire terrier
my dog has pyometra

what are the chances with survival after antibotic injection which last for two weeks against pyometra. when breathing difficulty prevents surgery.she did have a smelly discharge

Unfortunately I have never seen an animal with pyometra be cured with an antibiotic injection. It may work temporarily, but they almost always need to have surgery.

Pyometra is a very serious condition.

I hope that things work out ok for your girl!

Blood from bum. Her butt was bleeding bad (out of the hole), the blood was thick and bright red. I... (19555 views)

Sore head from bow. Hello, My dog got her bow caught and it ripped the hair out of the top of her head.... (7769 views)

Time for euthanasia? I am nearing the end with my 12-yr old rescued German Shepherd dog. He has been a... (28364 views)

Feral cat with eye infection. We have a feral cat that was born in our yard 5 years ago. When he was a kitten he... (29504 views)

Carnassial tooth slab fracture. Hello Dr. Marie! Thanks for offering this service! My 3 year old dog has... (13535 views)

Boyfriend doesn't want to neuter dog. My boyfriend and I are arguing about whether to get our dog neutered. He is a pit... (11385 views)

How to get cat to lose weight? Cinder is about 16-18 lbs. She has a large frame for a Female, per the vet, but my... (5701 views)

Problems with Rimadyl? she seems to have paralysis of her front left paw. she can not stand on her own and... (24571 views)

Is my cat diabetic? Ollie is consuming lots of water, and peeing a lot. There has been a marked increase... (6741 views)

Male rabbits mounting. i have just got two babay rabbits that should be both 10 weeks old male and... (44849 views)