Antibiotics for pyometra?

Breed: yorkshire terrier
my dog has pyometra

what are the chances with survival after antibotic injection which last for two weeks against pyometra. when breathing difficulty prevents surgery.she did have a smelly discharge

Unfortunately I have never seen an animal with pyometra be cured with an antibiotic injection. It may work temporarily, but they almost always need to have surgery.

Pyometra is a very serious condition.

I hope that things work out ok for your girl!

Too small for spay? My cat is really small, about nine ten pounds,is it safe to get her... (9921 views)

Weakness in legs and thirsty. Dear Dr. Marie, Sammy has been having weakness in hind legs,difficulty standing... (14092 views)

Chronic pancreatitis flareup. Kasma is currently being treated for chronic pancreatitis...she's been on... (9351 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate candy. Bo ate an 8 oz. package of See's chocolate brittle (12 one inch pieces of toffee... (11537 views)

Does my puppy have a UTI? My puggle puppy usually tells me when she has to go out. But for the past two-three... (13822 views)

Sore leg in 16 year old cat. Hello We have a cat that is about 16 years old. The last couple of days she has... (7193 views)

No bowel movement after dentistry. Dear Dr Marie, Thank you for creating this website. I have a 12 year old male... (14196 views)

Connection between dandruff and diabetes? My pet has recently been diagnosed with Diabetes. She is on 5 units of insulin 2x... (21384 views)

House training adult dog. Is it possible to house break a 5 y/o mini pin that was rescued from a puppy mill? ... (11184 views)

Increased appetite and hair loss. My Burmese cat is losing her hair all over and I am concerned about how hungry she... (8858 views)