Exercise after a spay?

Breed: Mutt
Kallie got spayed last Tuesday (July 3). She still has her stitches. We have been walking her on-leash in the morning and evening, which is standard for us. However, our normal walks are in the mountain trails behind our house... they are off-leash, so she gets much more out of our adventure than simply walking on-leash.

When can I allow her off-leash again? It's clear she's not getting much out of on-leash walking. Am I just going to have to stick it out until the stitches are removed next weekend?

Thanks, and sorry I didn't want to pay for an answer. This seems pretty cut and dry.

Hi and thanks for your question.

Unfortunately for the free questions I don't actually see them for a week or two, so it is likely too late for you now! But I thought I would answer the question so that it will help other people who have the same question.

I generally advise very strict exercise restriction for about 4-6 days after a spay and then on leash walks for a total of 10-14 days after surgery. Also, there should be no swimming or bathing for 14 days.

Dog losing chunks of fur. My dog has been loseing chunks of fur on his face only then next day the skin turns... (9632 views)

Dog urinates while walking Recently, I have noticed that my dog will walk along urinating. It seems to me that... (33231 views)

Pale gums and seizure. Hi, 2 months ago buddy would go outside and if he would run/play hard he would come... (10458 views)

Swollen eye and face. Hello, My 12.5 years old dog, Siberian husky, (in very good condition... (11530 views)

Coughing chihuahua My chihuahua has had an intermittent cough since roughly last year when she had most... (14834 views)

Kitten with white gums. My kitten is 8 weeks old she just wants to lay around she was playing with the other... (21398 views)

Sneezing cat. We have adopted a feral cat off the back porch in November. We think she is about 2... (13070 views)

Trembling chihuahua. SHE HAS BEEN TREMBLING FOR 2 DAYS AND HAS NOT EATEN FOR FOR 2 DAYS. OTHERWISE SHE... (9121 views)

Should dog with cancer be euthanized? Ben was diagnosed with a Grade III mast cell tumor last February. We had it... (15833 views)

Incontinence and balance issues. We have a dog breed and age unknown is a stray all of a sudden she has started... (16882 views)