Exercise after a spay?

Breed: Mutt
Kallie got spayed last Tuesday (July 3). She still has her stitches. We have been walking her on-leash in the morning and evening, which is standard for us. However, our normal walks are in the mountain trails behind our house... they are off-leash, so she gets much more out of our adventure than simply walking on-leash.

When can I allow her off-leash again? It's clear she's not getting much out of on-leash walking. Am I just going to have to stick it out until the stitches are removed next weekend?

Thanks, and sorry I didn't want to pay for an answer. This seems pretty cut and dry.

Hi and thanks for your question.

Unfortunately for the free questions I don't actually see them for a week or two, so it is likely too late for you now! But I thought I would answer the question so that it will help other people who have the same question.

I generally advise very strict exercise restriction for about 4-6 days after a spay and then on leash walks for a total of 10-14 days after surgery. Also, there should be no swimming or bathing for 14 days.

Vomiting and diarrhea. My pug has been vomiting over the last few days it started two nights ago I woke up... (36421 views)

Aggressive hamster. hello, i got a russian hamster yesterday and in the store and at home he was really... (10565 views)

Palliative care vs. euthanasia? Hello. First let me say that this turned out to be long and probably rambling. ... (12724 views)

Should I spay my dog? Hello, I have an 8-year old Maltese which is not spayed. It was something we... (13464 views)

Lump on hedgehog I have a hedgehog who has a lump behind his right ear and down into his neck. If I... (19550 views)

Possible laryngeal paralysis? Repeat Customer: Hi Dr, I spoke to you last Friday (through email) week... (16915 views)

Kitten with runny nose. my kitten has had a runny nose with bad sneezing for 4 weeks now, shes eatting,... (13362 views)

Won't eat dog food. Inherited my Mom's 4 year old terrier mix - 14 to 15 pounds - who has always eaten... (7815 views)

Diarrhea resolves with Cephalexin. Dear Dr. Marie, I’ve been in the throes of a medical mystery with my beloved... (14091 views)

Treatments for constipated cat. Good morning Dr Marie, This is the second time I have used your service. I was... (5082 views)