Exercise after a spay?

Breed: Mutt
Kallie got spayed last Tuesday (July 3). She still has her stitches. We have been walking her on-leash in the morning and evening, which is standard for us. However, our normal walks are in the mountain trails behind our house... they are off-leash, so she gets much more out of our adventure than simply walking on-leash.

When can I allow her off-leash again? It's clear she's not getting much out of on-leash walking. Am I just going to have to stick it out until the stitches are removed next weekend?

Thanks, and sorry I didn't want to pay for an answer. This seems pretty cut and dry.

Hi and thanks for your question.

Unfortunately for the free questions I don't actually see them for a week or two, so it is likely too late for you now! But I thought I would answer the question so that it will help other people who have the same question.

I generally advise very strict exercise restriction for about 4-6 days after a spay and then on leash walks for a total of 10-14 days after surgery. Also, there should be no swimming or bathing for 14 days.

Stretching out back legs. My dog keeps strecting out her back legs and dragging herself... (150929 views)

Trifexis overdose. My approx 4-5lb teacup Pomeranian ate HALF of the Trifexis meant for a 60-120lb dog... (6528 views)

Dog biting at tail. My dog Kita is biting her tail down to the skin and Im getting worried because our... (8906 views)

Can I give my cat milk? Hi, could you please tell me if I can give my ragdoll kitten scrambled eggs made... (10966 views)

15 year old dog with kidney failure. My dog Gyppie had a bloody stool, large. We took her to the vet. He ran blood work,... (9812 views)

Lump after vaccines. We took Max to the vet for shots. The vet gave them to him on his lower back and he... (35636 views)

Swollen foot and death in a dog. I am seeking for an answer what could be the reason my dog can hardly breathe and... (21008 views)

Dog has a bald patch over eye. Hello, I have a miniature Dashchund which is 5 mnths old and she is in perfect... (15916 views)

Dog has the runs. my dog has the... (20614 views)

Boxer skin problems. -I apologize in advance for the novel i wrote below- We are officially at a loss.... (60244 views)