Exercise after a spay?

Breed: Mutt
Kallie got spayed last Tuesday (July 3). She still has her stitches. We have been walking her on-leash in the morning and evening, which is standard for us. However, our normal walks are in the mountain trails behind our house... they are off-leash, so she gets much more out of our adventure than simply walking on-leash.

When can I allow her off-leash again? It's clear she's not getting much out of on-leash walking. Am I just going to have to stick it out until the stitches are removed next weekend?

Thanks, and sorry I didn't want to pay for an answer. This seems pretty cut and dry.

Hi and thanks for your question.

Unfortunately for the free questions I don't actually see them for a week or two, so it is likely too late for you now! But I thought I would answer the question so that it will help other people who have the same question.

I generally advise very strict exercise restriction for about 4-6 days after a spay and then on leash walks for a total of 10-14 days after surgery. Also, there should be no swimming or bathing for 14 days.

Lymphangectasia in a dog Hi Dr, Sorry to bother you again. Max's biopsies came back. strong... (8076 views)

Sick after having puppies. My fathers hunting dog just had 6 puppies over a matter of 2 days, She is an old dog... (11754 views)

Dog won't go downstairs. He is 5 years old, not less than 3 months. My pop up blocker wouldn't let me change... (22494 views)

Diabetic cat with seizures. I've inherited a diabetic cat with a history of seizures. Since bringing him home,... (19351 views)

Newborn puppy not eating. Well yesterday my presious had puppys she had two, and about two to three hours... (9161 views)

Pink growths on chest of dog. Sometime in the past 4 weeks my dog has developed small string like pink growths on... (14728 views)

Puppy with bald spots. Hello, Im concerned about my dog, she is only 4 months but she is barely growing... (8096 views)

Limping, trouble breathing and then dog died. Dr. Marie, My dog died this evening and am looking for possible causes. I did not... (19094 views)

Senior cat losing weight. Hello, My cat is 11 or 12 years old (he was a rescue kitty I inherited, so I'm... (5355 views)

Cat has an itchy head. Hello, my cat's head is very itchy. She has been wearing a e-collar for a year... (9643 views)