Exercise after a spay?

Breed: Mutt
Kallie got spayed last Tuesday (July 3). She still has her stitches. We have been walking her on-leash in the morning and evening, which is standard for us. However, our normal walks are in the mountain trails behind our house... they are off-leash, so she gets much more out of our adventure than simply walking on-leash.

When can I allow her off-leash again? It's clear she's not getting much out of on-leash walking. Am I just going to have to stick it out until the stitches are removed next weekend?

Thanks, and sorry I didn't want to pay for an answer. This seems pretty cut and dry.

Hi and thanks for your question.

Unfortunately for the free questions I don't actually see them for a week or two, so it is likely too late for you now! But I thought I would answer the question so that it will help other people who have the same question.

I generally advise very strict exercise restriction for about 4-6 days after a spay and then on leash walks for a total of 10-14 days after surgery. Also, there should be no swimming or bathing for 14 days.

Dog has a bald patch over eye. Hello, I have a miniature Dashchund which is 5 mnths old and she is in perfect... (14293 views)

Dog ate vitamin D Dog just ate two 5,000 iu Vitamin D capsules. Anything I need to worry about/watch... (93166 views)

How to get cat to eat. I have a cat that developed anorexia. She lost so much weight that she developed... (5562 views)

Blood pressure for a bird. What is a normal Blood pressure for an AFrican Grey Parrot her wing pressure was... (8247 views)

Lump after vaccines. ...Hello! My name is Jessie and I have a Teacup Chihuhua named Zeep. He is about 10... (15083 views)

Vomiting every day. My cat has been throwing up almost every day for weeks but not after feeding. This... (31845 views)

Dog urinating in house. hey my 5 year old staff has started urinating in the house she has never done this... (10186 views)

Symptoms of Lupus Help! owners have spent $1100 on test and everything comes back normal but Archie is... (10648 views)

Exercise induced collapse. I have a labrador retriever and she is about 4 years old, 60 lbs and she is a girl.... (6725 views)

Peeing in house and throwing up. My dog has not woke us up to be let ouside since he has been house trained. A... (46008 views)