Exercise after a spay?

Breed: Mutt
Kallie got spayed last Tuesday (July 3). She still has her stitches. We have been walking her on-leash in the morning and evening, which is standard for us. However, our normal walks are in the mountain trails behind our house... they are off-leash, so she gets much more out of our adventure than simply walking on-leash.

When can I allow her off-leash again? It's clear she's not getting much out of on-leash walking. Am I just going to have to stick it out until the stitches are removed next weekend?

Thanks, and sorry I didn't want to pay for an answer. This seems pretty cut and dry.

Hi and thanks for your question.

Unfortunately for the free questions I don't actually see them for a week or two, so it is likely too late for you now! But I thought I would answer the question so that it will help other people who have the same question.

I generally advise very strict exercise restriction for about 4-6 days after a spay and then on leash walks for a total of 10-14 days after surgery. Also, there should be no swimming or bathing for 14 days.

Cipro problems? When I was on vacation, my dog borded at my vet. My dad visited and gave him a large... (11670 views)

Ovarian remnant syndrome. Hi there, We had our beautiful, angel, female kitten spayed just over one month... (6096 views)

Worms in kittens. Hey there, I just got two 9 week old kittens. They have had their shots but they... (68452 views)

medicine for collapsing trachea We are leaving for a car trip with Skiggy. She has a collapsable larynx and gets... (9210 views)

Rat with swollen eyes. my moms friend was watching my albino rat and she left him out side all day and now,... (8344 views)

Goopy eyes. My kittens eyes are BOTH gooping up a lot. I do not know if it is an infection, or... (10042 views)

Limping, stiff chihuahua. Hey my chiuahua dog hasn't been himself lately. He walks really stiff and can not... (13106 views)

Dog is drooling. My dog is drooling non-stop! It just started this morning after I let him... (18749 views)

Recipe for skunk odor. My cat got sprayed by a skunk. What do you recomend to get rid of the... (9431 views)

Laser pointers for cats and dogs? Will playing with a laser pointer hurt a dog or... (11863 views)