Puppy won't eat.

Breed: Blue Nose Pit
My daughter has a Blue Nose Pit 4 1/2 months old female she has a great appetite and goes crazy for her puppy treats about two hours ago I found her under my bed and she would not come out I pulled her out and put her on my bed and she urinated on my bed witch she never does and I put her food out and she wont touch it I tried to give her a puppy treat and she wont even open her mouth .I just took her out for a walk with my Shepperd and she is running and playing but still wont eat. Its not like her at all her nose is wet and cold my daughter said she found a tick on her 2 days ago and she took it off and bathed her with a flee and tick dip and she has been fine up until now. What should I do?

This is a tough one to answer without examining your little girl.

The fact that Zoie is running and playing is a good sign. However I get concerned when a puppy doesn't want to eat.

If she is physically unable to open her mouth, this is not a very common thing to see. It could be due to an injury that has caused a jaw fracture. Tetanus is a possibility as well but quite uncommon.

There are some tick borne diseases that can cause muscle inflammation so it is worthwhile to ask your vet if these diseases are prevalent in your area.

Hopefully she will continue to eat soon. If she is not eating within 24 hours then a vet visit is definitely necessary.

What caused liver fracture? We fostered an abused, rescue dog in January of 2012 to May 2012 when she died... (10021 views)

Can't urinate after neuter. My boy cat was castrated yesterday he has been trying to wee but there is no wee... (7661 views)

Stroke or brain tumor? I have been doing a lot of searching on the internet over the weekend and am glad... (10338 views)

Possible degnerative myelopathy. My 12 year old Chesapeake Bay Retreiver has been diagnosed with degenerative disc... (7135 views)

Lumps on cat's abdomen. Cubbie recently (1 week) developed two fibrous (?) lumps, one on each side of her... (22423 views)

Vet was rough with my cat. I'm curious as to the process of applying anesthetic to a cat. Namely I witnessed my... (8042 views)

Redo rabies vaccine? Can a dog get a rabies shot twice? I am waiting for the previous owners to get me... (26653 views)

Skinny 19 year old cat. Hi my cat is 19 years old! He is a little skinny but perfectly healthy! I also have... (10193 views)

Is clostridium zoonotic? Clostridium Type A has been known to cause sudden death in healthy deer but it has... (7198 views)

Eye medicine for my cat. We adopted A domestic short haired cat from our local animal shelter. He had an eye... (8236 views)