Puppy won't eat.

Breed: Blue Nose Pit
My daughter has a Blue Nose Pit 4 1/2 months old female she has a great appetite and goes crazy for her puppy treats about two hours ago I found her under my bed and she would not come out I pulled her out and put her on my bed and she urinated on my bed witch she never does and I put her food out and she wont touch it I tried to give her a puppy treat and she wont even open her mouth .I just took her out for a walk with my Shepperd and she is running and playing but still wont eat. Its not like her at all her nose is wet and cold my daughter said she found a tick on her 2 days ago and she took it off and bathed her with a flee and tick dip and she has been fine up until now. What should I do?

This is a tough one to answer without examining your little girl.

The fact that Zoie is running and playing is a good sign. However I get concerned when a puppy doesn't want to eat.

If she is physically unable to open her mouth, this is not a very common thing to see. It could be due to an injury that has caused a jaw fracture. Tetanus is a possibility as well but quite uncommon.

There are some tick borne diseases that can cause muscle inflammation so it is worthwhile to ask your vet if these diseases are prevalent in your area.

Hopefully she will continue to eat soon. If she is not eating within 24 hours then a vet visit is definitely necessary.

Dog Won't Eat My dog won't eat at all,but he still drink(not much)..He wanna move but he can't... (26582 views)

Does Hartz flea treatment work? My dogs have gotten fleas and I've been putting Hartz flea treatment on them but it... (20187 views)

Dog drinking and panting lots. my dog has been drinking and panting a lot since i changed his dog food last summer.... (16224 views)

Too aggressive petting? My cat enjoys having his bum smacked over and over. Hard. He's neutered male - he... (24039 views)

Sentry Pro Flea and Tick Shampoo Hi Dr. Marie, Last night around 8 pm I gave my dog a bath with Sentry Pro flea... (29666 views)

Anemic dog. Hi, I'm really worried about my dog Sammy. He was at the vet a couple of days ago... (11820 views)

Are bully sticks safe? My dog loves to chew on bully sticks. I think it's kind of gross that it is a... (21459 views)

Lump on Rottweiler's leg. Dear Dr Marie Recently, I notice my dog has a lump or growth(white round bumpy... (18056 views)

Crusty ears on a cat. My just over 3 month old, 100% indoor kitten has some crustiness on both tip/edge of... (32120 views)

Guinea Pig heat cycle. my female guinea pig has a swollen vulva which is very red. this happens once every... (38073 views)