Puppy won't eat.

Breed: Blue Nose Pit
My daughter has a Blue Nose Pit 4 1/2 months old female she has a great appetite and goes crazy for her puppy treats about two hours ago I found her under my bed and she would not come out I pulled her out and put her on my bed and she urinated on my bed witch she never does and I put her food out and she wont touch it I tried to give her a puppy treat and she wont even open her mouth .I just took her out for a walk with my Shepperd and she is running and playing but still wont eat. Its not like her at all her nose is wet and cold my daughter said she found a tick on her 2 days ago and she took it off and bathed her with a flee and tick dip and she has been fine up until now. What should I do?

This is a tough one to answer without examining your little girl.

The fact that Zoie is running and playing is a good sign. However I get concerned when a puppy doesn't want to eat.

If she is physically unable to open her mouth, this is not a very common thing to see. It could be due to an injury that has caused a jaw fracture. Tetanus is a possibility as well but quite uncommon.

There are some tick borne diseases that can cause muscle inflammation so it is worthwhile to ask your vet if these diseases are prevalent in your area.

Hopefully she will continue to eat soon. If she is not eating within 24 hours then a vet visit is definitely necessary.

Can dog get Hepatitis C? can dogs contract hep c from biting someone that has it? ... (26109 views)

Gerbil has rash on nose. My brothers pet gerbial has like a res rash or something aroud is nose and we are... (8511 views)

64 days pregnant. hello, I have a 1 1/2 year old Pomeranian half jack russel. I just found out she is... (16423 views)

Losing weight and hungry. My dog Knock has lost a lot of weight, he currently weighs about thirty pounds and... (14326 views)

Popcorn in dog's stool? My dog had something that looked like a popped popcorn kernel at the end of his... (12155 views)

Cat losing hair on neck and ears. My cat Bella is always throwing up hairballs. I also noticed that she has lost fur... (11172 views)

Zodiac safe? Is Zodiac Spot Treatment safe to use on my small dog and... (9393 views)

Rottweiler can't stand. Hello, We have a 13 year old Rott who was diagnosed with arthritis of the spine. ... (28569 views)

Limping on rear leg. Hello Dr. Marie! Buddy came to us about six months ago a stray. Though it was... (21755 views)

Good appetite in blind deaf cat. my cat is over 15 years old she is partially blind and deaf she misses her litterbox... (7668 views)