Puppy won't eat.

Breed: Blue Nose Pit
My daughter has a Blue Nose Pit 4 1/2 months old female she has a great appetite and goes crazy for her puppy treats about two hours ago I found her under my bed and she would not come out I pulled her out and put her on my bed and she urinated on my bed witch she never does and I put her food out and she wont touch it I tried to give her a puppy treat and she wont even open her mouth .I just took her out for a walk with my Shepperd and she is running and playing but still wont eat. Its not like her at all her nose is wet and cold my daughter said she found a tick on her 2 days ago and she took it off and bathed her with a flee and tick dip and she has been fine up until now. What should I do?

This is a tough one to answer without examining your little girl.

The fact that Zoie is running and playing is a good sign. However I get concerned when a puppy doesn't want to eat.

If she is physically unable to open her mouth, this is not a very common thing to see. It could be due to an injury that has caused a jaw fracture. Tetanus is a possibility as well but quite uncommon.

There are some tick borne diseases that can cause muscle inflammation so it is worthwhile to ask your vet if these diseases are prevalent in your area.

Hopefully she will continue to eat soon. If she is not eating within 24 hours then a vet visit is definitely necessary.

Hole on puppy's head. My german shepherd gave birth to 9 puppies on June 19, however 1 pup came out with a... (17123 views)

Aggressive cats when in heat. i have 2 cats cocoa & honey & honey jus had kittens but before honey had her kittens... (9436 views)

Puppy with vomiting and diarrhea. i have a 1 month old puppy and she is vomiting, not eating,pooping brown water and... (22160 views)

Pink growths on chest of dog. Sometime in the past 4 weeks my dog has developed small string like pink growths on... (16593 views)

Unexplained fever in a dog. Hi Dr. Marie, My pit bull Indy has always been in pretty good health but has... (10257 views)

Overdose of Xanax. Can forty .5 mg pills of Alprazolam Kill a 6 pound chihuahua? came home and found my... (86485 views)

Paralyzed dog. O.K, here is the deal. Our dog Sadie was diagnosed with a ruptured disc (L2) I... (52024 views)

Rabbit with maggots Our rabbit was not eating and was shaking this morning. We discovered there were... (12070 views)

Flaky skin. Samson has flakey skin that is most obvious on his back toward the tail and under... (19080 views)

Bassett hound neck pain, etc. Our dog Lola came to us as a stray about 3 yrs ago. She is about 7 years old and... (14026 views)