Puppy won't eat.

Breed: Blue Nose Pit
My daughter has a Blue Nose Pit 4 1/2 months old female she has a great appetite and goes crazy for her puppy treats about two hours ago I found her under my bed and she would not come out I pulled her out and put her on my bed and she urinated on my bed witch she never does and I put her food out and she wont touch it I tried to give her a puppy treat and she wont even open her mouth .I just took her out for a walk with my Shepperd and she is running and playing but still wont eat. Its not like her at all her nose is wet and cold my daughter said she found a tick on her 2 days ago and she took it off and bathed her with a flee and tick dip and she has been fine up until now. What should I do?

This is a tough one to answer without examining your little girl.

The fact that Zoie is running and playing is a good sign. However I get concerned when a puppy doesn't want to eat.

If she is physically unable to open her mouth, this is not a very common thing to see. It could be due to an injury that has caused a jaw fracture. Tetanus is a possibility as well but quite uncommon.

There are some tick borne diseases that can cause muscle inflammation so it is worthwhile to ask your vet if these diseases are prevalent in your area.

Hopefully she will continue to eat soon. If she is not eating within 24 hours then a vet visit is definitely necessary.

Diarrhea and pain. My dog Halo is about 14 months old, she's had diarrhea for the last few days. I've... (32262 views)

Dog with large tumor on neck. My Dog Re has a large Growth on hes neck, we live 100kms from any vet so with hes... (36407 views)

Pit bull has bald patches. Hi, we have beeen to the vet three different times and he still breaking out and... (4403 views)

Swollen oozing paw. Hello my dog Jack is 10 1/2 years old and he has a very yucky looking paw. It is... (31250 views)

Chin acne in cats. He's been on a cleansing agent and anti-biotic/steroid for 5 of 7 days for his acne... (6823 views)

Dog urinates while walking Recently, I have noticed that my dog will walk along urinating. It seems to me that... (32671 views)

How to help constipated cat. Our 10 year old cat is constipated. How can we help her? She tried to use the catbox... (5227 views)

Is my hamster dead? My hamster isn't moving like he used too. His eyes are always opened and he isn't... (14118 views)

Feline leukemia contagious? I'm feeding a neighbor's cat that has feline leukemia. I have cats of my own. Is it... (8245 views)

Dog eats my underwear. This is going to sound weird but this is a real question. My dog keeps licking mine... (36569 views)