Puppy won't eat.

Breed: Blue Nose Pit
My daughter has a Blue Nose Pit 4 1/2 months old female she has a great appetite and goes crazy for her puppy treats about two hours ago I found her under my bed and she would not come out I pulled her out and put her on my bed and she urinated on my bed witch she never does and I put her food out and she wont touch it I tried to give her a puppy treat and she wont even open her mouth .I just took her out for a walk with my Shepperd and she is running and playing but still wont eat. Its not like her at all her nose is wet and cold my daughter said she found a tick on her 2 days ago and she took it off and bathed her with a flee and tick dip and she has been fine up until now. What should I do?

This is a tough one to answer without examining your little girl.

The fact that Zoie is running and playing is a good sign. However I get concerned when a puppy doesn't want to eat.

If she is physically unable to open her mouth, this is not a very common thing to see. It could be due to an injury that has caused a jaw fracture. Tetanus is a possibility as well but quite uncommon.

There are some tick borne diseases that can cause muscle inflammation so it is worthwhile to ask your vet if these diseases are prevalent in your area.

Hopefully she will continue to eat soon. If she is not eating within 24 hours then a vet visit is definitely necessary.

Vomiting and balance issues. my dog is losing her equalibreum and was throwing up yellow stomach bile.her poop is... (24918 views)

Sores on dog's leg. My dog recently got theses two sores on her back leg, one bigger than the other. Its... (9861 views)

Cancer or infection? I recently had to put my dog to sleep after I found out he had cancer that had... (10833 views)

Cat not using box. My cat got attacked in a fight early Friday morning. She had to have an operation on... (12557 views)

Eye infection in feral cat I have a feral colony. A few of them had URI symptoms which were quite bad and... (9711 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in pregnancy. My dog has had 1 or 2 ties and it's been about a week now and she's starting to have... (7620 views)

Tough upper respiratory infection. We picked up Indigo from a breeder on June 13th. He sneezed occasionally throughout... (28860 views)

IVDD in dog. My dog Basil woke up this morning and would not jump off of the bed, go down steps,... (13482 views)

Kitten with white gums. My kitten is 8 weeks old she just wants to lay around she was playing with the other... (22961 views)

Liver infections in cat. My 13 year old cat has had at least 3 serious, life threatening liver infections... (7670 views)