Puppy has 6-8 bowel movements per day.

Breed: Sprocker spaniel
My 7 month old dog has 6 - 8 bowel movements per day. Most are well formed, some soft. He is very active and appears healthy and happy. Is this normal?

That's an awful lot of poop! The most common reason for a dog to have this many bowel movements would be a poor quality food. It's worthwhile to try a higher quality food and see if things improve.

It's also possible that he has some intestinal parasites. A fecal exam from your vet is a great idea.

Some dogs can produce lots of stool because of a pancreas problem called exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, but this is not common in a dog this young.

Shedding because of diet? My cat lives indoors, and he's got a shedding problem. I was wondering if he is... (11500 views)

High ALT in a dog. Autumn went to the vet on Sept 29, 2013 with a problem jumping and walking on... (21771 views)

Dog ate maxi pad. My wife and I left for a 24 day holiday. Three of our kids remained at home. Our... (22769 views)

Leave light on for dog? Is it necessary to leave the lights on for your dog when you go out in the evening... (39486 views)

Tumor or cystitis? I have a 17-year-old male cat (British short hair). He is in good health, eats and... (14701 views)

Rimadyl and kidney problems. On November 24 2010, Trixie got into the neighbors trash. She was vomiting and had... (23648 views)

Sore chihuahua My dog Chevy has had some strange behavior for some time. For the past year or so he... (9659 views)

fleas from puppy We just got a new Puppy. We have had him for a month. Since about 2 weeks after we... (11787 views)

Kitten with runny nose. my kitten has had a runny nose with bad sneezing for 4 weeks now, shes eatting,... (14681 views)

Morning after pill for dogs? Is there a "morning after pill" for dogs? ... (30872 views)