Puppy has 6-8 bowel movements per day.

Breed: Sprocker spaniel
My 7 month old dog has 6 - 8 bowel movements per day. Most are well formed, some soft. He is very active and appears healthy and happy. Is this normal?

That's an awful lot of poop! The most common reason for a dog to have this many bowel movements would be a poor quality food. It's worthwhile to try a higher quality food and see if things improve.

It's also possible that he has some intestinal parasites. A fecal exam from your vet is a great idea.

Some dogs can produce lots of stool because of a pancreas problem called exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, but this is not common in a dog this young.

Dog ate battery fluid. My dog chewed up a AA battery. It doesn't appear that she ingested any pieces of it... (16017 views)

Cat's tail fell off. My cat is a male, seven year old, siamese crossed with ginger named Skittles. Around... (41641 views)

Why use jugular vein? Why would my vet take blood out of the neck (jugler (?) vein)? In most cases I've... (17169 views)

Cat doesn't want to move. My cats bio: July was infested with fleas. Took two months to totally rid them from... (5275 views)

Excessive drooling Recently my cat, who is a little more than 15 years old, has stared excessively... (4968 views)

Itchy lump on eyelid. I have a 2 year old Shepherd mix, and he has developed a pink mole/growth on his... (6951 views)

Not eating, losing weight. My cat has lost a lot of weight in the past 3 weeks. She cries for food but then... (9064 views)

Splenic mastocytosis in a cat I was told for cats with splenic mastocytosis, the treatment of choice is... (11274 views)

Can an older cat be groomed? I have been getting Lily groomed twice a year since she was 1. She is getting older... (4445 views)

Addison's disease. I had almost the same experience as the person who wrote you about losing their dog... (17813 views)