Puppy has 6-8 bowel movements per day.

Breed: Sprocker spaniel
My 7 month old dog has 6 - 8 bowel movements per day. Most are well formed, some soft. He is very active and appears healthy and happy. Is this normal?

That's an awful lot of poop! The most common reason for a dog to have this many bowel movements would be a poor quality food. It's worthwhile to try a higher quality food and see if things improve.

It's also possible that he has some intestinal parasites. A fecal exam from your vet is a great idea.

Some dogs can produce lots of stool because of a pancreas problem called exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, but this is not common in a dog this young.

Black scab on anus Good day Dr. Marie, I read one of your previous questions and answer about a dog... (41625 views)

Dog has heart failure. Hello, I am considering adopting a special needs dog. He is 3 and has a grade 3... (6289 views)

Deaf and pooping in house. My cat is now about 15 years old and is in relatively good condition apart from the... (9943 views)

White bumps on anus. Hi Dr. Marie, I know you are quite busy with all your other questions and I am... (18233 views)

Grove snail care. Dear Dr. Marie, Hi. My snail has been burying himself lately, so whenever I want... (11155 views)

Dog died after coughing. Hi, My name is Tania. I had a Maltese/Shih tzu 12 years old. She had a stage one... (8440 views)

Did my cat suffer? Last Tuesday night one of our cats went outside. He never reappeared. My boyfriend... (13223 views)

How to make cat urinate. is there something we can put in her food to make her... (7110 views)

Praziquantal safe in pregnancy? She has been wormed and I also have wormer I do every six months but recently I have... (8129 views)

Blood in poop. Hi There, I found a few drops of blood last night in and near my puppies poo. Not... (52309 views)