Puppy has 6-8 bowel movements per day.

Breed: Sprocker spaniel
My 7 month old dog has 6 - 8 bowel movements per day. Most are well formed, some soft. He is very active and appears healthy and happy. Is this normal?

That's an awful lot of poop! The most common reason for a dog to have this many bowel movements would be a poor quality food. It's worthwhile to try a higher quality food and see if things improve.

It's also possible that he has some intestinal parasites. A fecal exam from your vet is a great idea.

Some dogs can produce lots of stool because of a pancreas problem called exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, but this is not common in a dog this young.

Swollen foot after wound. My dog Toby has what appears to be a cut in between his toes on one of his paws. He... (5327 views)

Weight loss in cat. My cat use to be really overweight. About a year ago he started to get sick a lot... (7987 views)

Toxoplasmosis and pregnancy. Hi there, Ive recently found out I am pregnant (6 weeks) and wanted some advice... (14822 views)

Cataracts, thirst and lethargy. Hi Dr Marie, I am writing for reasons of my pug that I have just been informed... (8338 views)

Limping after cat fight. Hello, My cat recently had a fight with another cat. Now he is limping on his left... (10871 views)

Click in dog's elbow. Hi Dr. I've noticed that sometimes Max's right elbow will creak as he bends it.... (13094 views)

Trifexis overdose? I think my Beagle gulped down my Coonhound's Trifexis dose. The Beage just had his... (28207 views)

Pit bull with pink skin. I have a pit bull that is black and white in color. Actually he is predominately... (42602 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea every two weeks. I adopted my yorkiepoo from a local shelter in 12/2012. From that time until a few... (11562 views)

Kittens with diarrhea We have kept the 5 kittens born to our momma cat. [they will be "fixed" when it is... (10837 views)