Puppy has 6-8 bowel movements per day.

Breed: Sprocker spaniel
My 7 month old dog has 6 - 8 bowel movements per day. Most are well formed, some soft. He is very active and appears healthy and happy. Is this normal?

That's an awful lot of poop! The most common reason for a dog to have this many bowel movements would be a poor quality food. It's worthwhile to try a higher quality food and see if things improve.

It's also possible that he has some intestinal parasites. A fecal exam from your vet is a great idea.

Some dogs can produce lots of stool because of a pancreas problem called exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, but this is not common in a dog this young.

Peeing on clothes. My old cat seems to be healthy, he eats well, is blind in one eye but that doesn't... (6239 views)

Shedding because of diet? My cat lives indoors, and he's got a shedding problem. I was wondering if he is... (9861 views)

Does my dog have rabies? How likely in your experience will my puppy get rabies if one of her litter mates... (8821 views)

Rash on Daschund My dog has a very red rash on her lower abdominal area and vaginal area. She bites... (11953 views)

Betadine on spay incision? My dog was spayed 3 days ago and I'm worried about the incision becoming infected.... (11436 views)

Are chicken feces toxic? I've heard that chicken poop is bad for dogs, is this true? if so, what can i do... (89134 views)

Why did my cat die? Hi Dr. Marie, I know you are probably overwhelmed but I pray you give me some piece... (13772 views)

Dog is vomiting again. Hi Dr. Marie, Last Tuesday (Dec 6) I came home and Max had vomitted up some bile... (10998 views)

Dog ate twigs and stuffing. Dr Marie, On Tuesday, unfortunately I had to fire the pet sitter due to... (16358 views)

Ringworm treatment in cat. First, thank you for your previous help with my questions. I have 2 issues with... (17721 views)