Puppy has a small eye.

Breed: jack russel x bullma
my puppy has an eye defect it is smaller than the other and seems to be lazy it is slightly blurred wat can i do and what could it be

This is definitely a tough question to answer without seeing your dog!

There are a number of congenital (i.e. birth) defects that can cause one eye to be smaller than the other.

It may be something called microphthalmia which is a genetic condition that causes a dog to be born with a small eye.

It could also be that there was an injury to the eye at birth.

I would highly advise having your vet take a look. There is a good chance that this is not going to be anything that will affect your puppy's quality of life. However, if there is an infection or other problem the sooner it is dealt with the better!

Itchy dog. This is a follow on of a question past #2740. Choo Choo's itch has continued all... (7238 views)

Not eating and vomiting. Since saturday our terrior cross hasn't been eating her food,and drinking alot. We... (7878 views)

Swollen vulva. My dog was in heat a few months ago and her vagina is still swollen. What shouldI... (35942 views)

Do you like being a vet? Hi Dr. Marie I have 2 cats and their names are simba and angel and they're very... (10515 views)

Paralyzed chihuahua My Dog Was Lost For 2 days and i found him 12-11-10 at 4pm curled up in a ball... (9770 views)

Bump on tail tip. I noticed a small bump near the very end of my dog's tail, about 1/2 inch wide. She... (41382 views)

Need exam with steroid shot? Is it by the state of law that your cat needs to be examined when you know the cat... (5113 views)

Dog has a bald patch over eye. Hello, I have a miniature Dashchund which is 5 mnths old and she is in perfect... (14414 views)

Seizures due to brain tumor? Hello I have a 9 year old standard poodle (neutured) that has had a seizure episode... (18514 views)

Lumps on mammary glands. Fraya is a rescue we have had for a month. We are not sure of her age, but we think... (25649 views)