Puppy has a small eye.

Breed: jack russel x bullma
my puppy has an eye defect it is smaller than the other and seems to be lazy it is slightly blurred wat can i do and what could it be

This is definitely a tough question to answer without seeing your dog!

There are a number of congenital (i.e. birth) defects that can cause one eye to be smaller than the other.

It may be something called microphthalmia which is a genetic condition that causes a dog to be born with a small eye.

It could also be that there was an injury to the eye at birth.

I would highly advise having your vet take a look. There is a good chance that this is not going to be anything that will affect your puppy's quality of life. However, if there is an infection or other problem the sooner it is dealt with the better!

Praziquantal safe in pregnancy? She has been wormed and I also have wormer I do every six months but recently I have... (8492 views)

High liver enzymes. I had placed Archie in a board and care home while we were on vacation. After coming... (11527 views)

Jaundiced dog. Hi, I have an 8yr old female labrador that on the 30th December, 2013 evening... (14472 views)

Rapid weight loss. Hello Dr. Marie, First I have to sadly say that I can not afford a vet visit for... (4861 views)

Cat behavior problem. We got a 13 year old girl recently (just months ago, not even a year). And we have a... (9512 views)

Dogs, cats and bio-oil. Hi, Dr. Marie: I have a question for you regarding a product called Bio Oil. I... (19234 views)

Licking feet. My cat has suddenly been licking her back paws consistently and thumping them... (7620 views)

Diarrhea and lump on face. My dog is a female Husky, 12 years old, 45 pounds. She had severe diarrhea... (9672 views)

Dog suddenly paralyzed. My beloved Pug, Newt, passed away last October.She was 12 years old. She developed a... (43574 views)

Rabbit not moving. this morning she was fine, now she is laying lifeless, her belly is flat like she... (5974 views)