Puppy has a small eye.

Breed: jack russel x bullma
my puppy has an eye defect it is smaller than the other and seems to be lazy it is slightly blurred wat can i do and what could it be

This is definitely a tough question to answer without seeing your dog!

There are a number of congenital (i.e. birth) defects that can cause one eye to be smaller than the other.

It may be something called microphthalmia which is a genetic condition that causes a dog to be born with a small eye.

It could also be that there was an injury to the eye at birth.

I would highly advise having your vet take a look. There is a good chance that this is not going to be anything that will affect your puppy's quality of life. However, if there is an infection or other problem the sooner it is dealt with the better!

Did I do the right thing? Hello Dr. Marie, I am grieving today as I had my 12 year old cat put down yesterday... (10055 views)

Constipated cat. my cat is constapated is there a laxative for cats what can i do for him to help him... (5773 views)

Poodle with leg problems. My dog is a small size poodle. she is now 2 years old when she turned 1 she started... (7595 views)

Where is dog's vulva? My husband resqued a blue tick in the National Forest that was being chased by 2... (52103 views)

Interstitial cystitis. My cat has had reoccurring Cystitis. She strains when going to the toilet,... (5318 views)

Pug died after pooping blood. my female pug passed away between 4:00A.M. & 8:00 A.m. yesterday. She had never... (55172 views)

Tumor or cystitis? I have a 17-year-old male cat (British short hair). He is in good health, eats and... (12200 views)

Side effects of Trilostane. Buddy was diagnosed with Cushings Disease about 5 weeks ago. He had extensive blood... (15315 views)

Canine tooth extracted. My cat recently underwent a procedure to remove her broken, upper right canine. It... (6523 views)

Rottweiler urinating frequently. my dog has getting let out all the time and and and recently she has been weeing... (8009 views)