Puppy has a small eye.

Breed: jack russel x bullma
my puppy has an eye defect it is smaller than the other and seems to be lazy it is slightly blurred wat can i do and what could it be

This is definitely a tough question to answer without seeing your dog!

There are a number of congenital (i.e. birth) defects that can cause one eye to be smaller than the other.

It may be something called microphthalmia which is a genetic condition that causes a dog to be born with a small eye.

It could also be that there was an injury to the eye at birth.

I would highly advise having your vet take a look. There is a good chance that this is not going to be anything that will affect your puppy's quality of life. However, if there is an infection or other problem the sooner it is dealt with the better!

Hypoglycemia and food coming from nose. Walter began sneezing this morning. The sneezing became worse and he was soaked... (11978 views)

Infected cut on leg. My dog has a swollen ankle and it seems to be caused by an insect bite or a small... (7339 views)

Lethargic after Trifexis. Hello, Thank you for your help. My beagle, Daisy (25 lbs), ate her dose of... (29166 views)

Rash on Daschund My dog has a very red rash on her lower abdominal area and vaginal area. She bites... (12968 views)

Trouble breathing when drinking cold water. My dog Valentino is 16 years old and many times when he drinks water or he is... (13225 views)

Dog's baby teeth not out. Hi Dr Marie, Happy Holidays to you. I have a question. I don't think this is a... (14730 views)

Hungry and losing weight. hi our cat is scrounging for food 24hrs a day even if he has just eaten. we dont... (8362 views)

Coughing after spay. My cat was spayed 6 days ago. At first she was great.Incision looked great and still... (16097 views)

Why use jugular vein? Why would my vet take blood out of the neck (jugler (?) vein)? In most cases I've... (21000 views)

Vomiting while in heat. Is it normal for a female dog coming out of heat to be... (24727 views)