Puppy has a small eye.

Breed: jack russel x bullma
my puppy has an eye defect it is smaller than the other and seems to be lazy it is slightly blurred wat can i do and what could it be

This is definitely a tough question to answer without seeing your dog!

There are a number of congenital (i.e. birth) defects that can cause one eye to be smaller than the other.

It may be something called microphthalmia which is a genetic condition that causes a dog to be born with a small eye.

It could also be that there was an injury to the eye at birth.

I would highly advise having your vet take a look. There is a good chance that this is not going to be anything that will affect your puppy's quality of life. However, if there is an infection or other problem the sooner it is dealt with the better!

Is my cat losing weight? My 15 year old male cat looks and feels like he has lost weight. However, his weight... (5485 views)

Too small for spay? My cat is really small, about nine ten pounds,is it safe to get her... (7450 views)

Peeing on blankets. We adopted Ginger a year ago and it took some time to get her house trained. She now... (16960 views)

Liver shunt or MVD Hello Dr. Maria. I have a 6 month old male Dachshund. He went in to get a neuter... (13240 views)

My dog is pooping blood. What does it mean when a dog poops blood? I woke up this morning and there was... (675521 views)

Spaying an older dog. My dog is 10 years old and has had 2 litters of puppies. I would like to have her... (7541 views)

Dog won't eat. well dr my dog he always wants to go outside and doesnt want to eat his food and we... (11437 views)

Cat vomited 5 times. I came home this morning and i found about 5 vomit spots in my living room. when i... (40659 views)

Dog has teeth stuck in her cheek. i noticed my dogs mouth was bleeding a little bit while we were playing so i opened... (11211 views)

Corn in dog food. I have heard that corn is bad in dog food. Also that alfalfa, brewers yeast, and... (15172 views)