Puppy has a small eye.

Breed: jack russel x bullma
my puppy has an eye defect it is smaller than the other and seems to be lazy it is slightly blurred wat can i do and what could it be

This is definitely a tough question to answer without seeing your dog!

There are a number of congenital (i.e. birth) defects that can cause one eye to be smaller than the other.

It may be something called microphthalmia which is a genetic condition that causes a dog to be born with a small eye.

It could also be that there was an injury to the eye at birth.

I would highly advise having your vet take a look. There is a good chance that this is not going to be anything that will affect your puppy's quality of life. However, if there is an infection or other problem the sooner it is dealt with the better!

Dog is limping. Denaro has had a limp in his left front leg for about a month, it goes from a... (16018 views)

Puppy ate Imodium We think our 11-week-old puppy ate an Imodium. He weighs 6.5 pounds. Do we need to... (26466 views)

Dog leaps to her feet. Why does my 12 year old lame Siberian Husky suddenly leap to her feet and walk off.... (8925 views)

Cat vomiting and not eating. Hi Dr. Marie...I wonder if you could help me figure out if my cat is really sick. ... (32086 views)

Dried blood in ferret's ears. My ferret has dry blood in it's ears what does that... (15695 views)

Bassett hound neck pain, etc. Our dog Lola came to us as a stray about 3 yrs ago. She is about 7 years old and... (13607 views)

Ear margin dermatosis. Hello, I have a 5 year old over-weight beagle. He's had these small dry crusty... (72579 views)

Constantly meowing for food. Two years ago, we adopted a stray cat that was living in the bushes outside our... (6946 views)

Ear Cleaning. I'd like to know is a vinegar and water solution a good home remedy for my dogs... (26865 views)

Arthritis medicine I have a 10 month old Pomeranian who appears to have hip problems. I am very low... (8448 views)