Can a neutered dog breed?

Breed: chihuahua
Hi, I have a 2 year old chihuahua weighs 4 pounds named Frenchy Fry. I nuetered him when he was 10 months old. He is still mating with my female chihuahua multipe times and still producing sperm. Can he impregnate her? Could something have gone wrong with the surgery so that he is not fully fixed?
Thanks.

There's no way that this little guy can be producing sperm if he has been neutered. In order to make sperm he has to have testicles, and neutering removes the testicles.

Neutered dogs can get an erection though. This is because there is still some testosterone that can be produced by the adrenal glands. There are some neutered dogs that can still penetrate a female as well. But, he won't be able to get her pregnant.

It's possible that you are seeing some ejaculate fluid, but again there won't be any sperm there.

Ideally, it would be a great idea to have your female spayed!

Baby teeth didn't fall out. My dog's two canine teeth did not fall and her adult teeth grew in front of them.... (10813 views)

Sore black lab? Hi, I have a 6 1/2 year old extremely active Black Lab named Miller. He loves to... (21991 views)

Dog leaking urine. Good Evening. Charlot is a rescued dog so I do know his history prior to his new... (13268 views)

Diarrhea with blood. my dog, i just recently changed his dog food. and i got home and saw diarrhea... (24216 views)

Cat died after surgery. my 4yr old cat had a puncture wound to the abdomen. 2 vets evaluated him. Gave him... (9008 views)

Ovariectomy vs. Ovariohysterectomy. My beautiful little girl had a lump near one of her lower nipples last week. After... (7582 views)

Lump after vaccines. We took Max to the vet for shots. The vet gave them to him on his lower back and he... (33863 views)

Spiders toxic to cats? Hi Dr. Marie, Hope things are well. I had what amounts to a common question but... (11229 views)

My dog wants to sniff everything. I have miniature schnauzer who refuses to poop in “timely manner outside. I take... (10531 views)

Diarrhea and vomiting in kittens. Hello Marie, thanks in advance. (Sorry for the English we are from Finland)... (5664 views)