Can a neutered dog breed?

Breed: chihuahua
Hi, I have a 2 year old chihuahua weighs 4 pounds named Frenchy Fry. I nuetered him when he was 10 months old. He is still mating with my female chihuahua multipe times and still producing sperm. Can he impregnate her? Could something have gone wrong with the surgery so that he is not fully fixed?
Thanks.

There's no way that this little guy can be producing sperm if he has been neutered. In order to make sperm he has to have testicles, and neutering removes the testicles.

Neutered dogs can get an erection though. This is because there is still some testosterone that can be produced by the adrenal glands. There are some neutered dogs that can still penetrate a female as well. But, he won't be able to get her pregnant.

It's possible that you are seeing some ejaculate fluid, but again there won't be any sperm there.

Ideally, it would be a great idea to have your female spayed!

Puppy is leaking urine. Im concerned about my puppy frequent and what seems to be lack of urin control. The... (17970 views)

Relapse of parvo? We recently bought a lab pup that turned up with parvo a few days after bringing it... (17758 views)

Possible cherry eye? My dog has red bags coming up from under his lower eye lids and covering half his... (6060 views)

Sick cat after teeth cleaning. she had her teeth cleaned on march 1st...came home..she was woozy from... (12366 views)

Toxoplasmosis and pregnancy. Hi there, Ive recently found out I am pregnant (6 weeks) and wanted some advice... (12911 views)

Is this a liver shunt? Hello Dr. Marie, Murphy is 16 months old. For the first 6 months of her life, she... (3562 views)

Kitten has bad breath. I am having serious problems because my cat is having very smelly and bad breath... (29560 views)

URTI in cats. Hi I have got 2 cats, Xena 1,6 years and Nemo, a kitten 12 weeks. When the Nemo... (11254 views)

Vet is pushing veterinary foods. I have a new to me vet who is insistent on my giving my cats 'veterinary' food. My... (5667 views)

Peeing outside of box. Hi Dr Marie, My Cat Nikki is 21 yrs old......he was shot in the mouth when he was... (7615 views)