Can a neutered dog breed?

Breed: chihuahua
Hi, I have a 2 year old chihuahua weighs 4 pounds named Frenchy Fry. I nuetered him when he was 10 months old. He is still mating with my female chihuahua multipe times and still producing sperm. Can he impregnate her? Could something have gone wrong with the surgery so that he is not fully fixed?
Thanks.

There's no way that this little guy can be producing sperm if he has been neutered. In order to make sperm he has to have testicles, and neutering removes the testicles.

Neutered dogs can get an erection though. This is because there is still some testosterone that can be produced by the adrenal glands. There are some neutered dogs that can still penetrate a female as well. But, he won't be able to get her pregnant.

It's possible that you are seeing some ejaculate fluid, but again there won't be any sperm there.

Ideally, it would be a great idea to have your female spayed!

Orange urine in a dog. I have had Moe for two years. He is 17 years old now according to the vet. He... (8045 views)

Vomiting puppy. My 30 day old Lab is pukes when I feed him milk and I think is dehydrated as his... (11538 views)

Senior food for 7 year old dog? I have 2 black pugs. One (Mr. P) is 11 years old, and the other (Samson) is 7 years... (4784 views)

Dog biting bas of tail, but no fleas. Hi, I have an otherwise healthy chihuahua who has always been a foot chewer but has... (236585 views)

Rubs his nose in vomit. A couple of times in the last few weeks, Atka has gotten sick to his stomach and... (9952 views)

Redo rabies vaccine? Can a dog get a rabies shot twice? I am waiting for the previous owners to get me... (27666 views)

Run over by car. we have a small part pomeranian dog, she old, but not sure how old. she was... (10733 views)

Possibly hip dysplasia. Dear Dr. Marie, I recently had to put my dog down as he was only two and a half... (7458 views)

Crusty ears on a cat. My just over 3 month old, 100% indoor kitten has some crustiness on both tip/edge of... (23175 views)

Swollen throat. over night my dogs thropat and cheeks have swallon really bad (looks like a hamster... (22785 views)