Can a neutered dog breed?

Breed: chihuahua
Hi, I have a 2 year old chihuahua weighs 4 pounds named Frenchy Fry. I nuetered him when he was 10 months old. He is still mating with my female chihuahua multipe times and still producing sperm. Can he impregnate her? Could something have gone wrong with the surgery so that he is not fully fixed?
Thanks.

There's no way that this little guy can be producing sperm if he has been neutered. In order to make sperm he has to have testicles, and neutering removes the testicles.

Neutered dogs can get an erection though. This is because there is still some testosterone that can be produced by the adrenal glands. There are some neutered dogs that can still penetrate a female as well. But, he won't be able to get her pregnant.

It's possible that you are seeing some ejaculate fluid, but again there won't be any sperm there.

Ideally, it would be a great idea to have your female spayed!

Nature's Deli Chicken Jerky. Has anyone had a problem with Nature’s Deli chicken Jerky Dog Treats (from Denver,... (8422 views)

Bloated abdomen my dog has been severly bloated for five weeks, at first i thought he had just got... (14490 views)

Need exam with steroid shot? Is it by the state of law that your cat needs to be examined when you know the cat... (6702 views)

Incontinent after exercise. Sporadically over the course of the past year or 15 months Keeley will have... (26721 views)

Soft yellow stools and weight loss Sorry that this is long, but I want to give ALL details in case it helps. I... (43770 views)

Kidney problem or diabetes? Hi Dr Marie, Hicks is 17 years old now. Still moderately active. 2 years ago, she... (7094 views)

Dog eating dirt. My dog consumes grass and now wants to eat dirt when outside exercising despite a... (18758 views)

Losing weight and hungry. My dog Knock has lost a lot of weight, he currently weighs about thirty pounds and... (16973 views)

Is URTI contagious to other cats? I have brang a new kitten home that has an upper respitory tract infection (URTI).... (10375 views)

Lungworm from slugs? My dog just licked a small slug. Is there a possibility of a... (12354 views)