Can a neutered dog breed?

Breed: chihuahua
Hi, I have a 2 year old chihuahua weighs 4 pounds named Frenchy Fry. I nuetered him when he was 10 months old. He is still mating with my female chihuahua multipe times and still producing sperm. Can he impregnate her? Could something have gone wrong with the surgery so that he is not fully fixed?
Thanks.

There's no way that this little guy can be producing sperm if he has been neutered. In order to make sperm he has to have testicles, and neutering removes the testicles.

Neutered dogs can get an erection though. This is because there is still some testosterone that can be produced by the adrenal glands. There are some neutered dogs that can still penetrate a female as well. But, he won't be able to get her pregnant.

It's possible that you are seeing some ejaculate fluid, but again there won't be any sperm there.

Ideally, it would be a great idea to have your female spayed!

Dog ate soap. My dog just ate a whole bar of soap? Do I need to be worried? It was Dove soap. ... (156903 views)

Click in dog's elbow. Hi Dr. I've noticed that sometimes Max's right elbow will creak as he bends it.... (11586 views)

Gagging dog. Last night, my dog was in his crate for bed, when I heard him gag for the first... (88238 views)

Cat pooping on floor. We have a male, neutered cat who is about 4 years old. He has been pooping on the... (10282 views)

Vomiting puppy. I know this is a free answer but I love my puppy,dont have a credit card and spent... (8376 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate. My 12 pound maltese ate two fun sized baby ruths, a fun sized butterfinger, and one... (16504 views)

Cat is dying. I took in a stray that was living in a garage since his was little for years and was... (9449 views)

Getting a second dog. We have allowed Kiba (our dog) to sleep in our room at night as when we first got... (7231 views)

Painful dog. I apologize in advance for this being so long, but I want to give the history so you... (7575 views)

Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumor Two years ago, Sheena was diagnosed with neurofibrosarcoma, or peripheral nerve... (12105 views)