Can a neutered dog breed?

Breed: chihuahua
Hi, I have a 2 year old chihuahua weighs 4 pounds named Frenchy Fry. I nuetered him when he was 10 months old. He is still mating with my female chihuahua multipe times and still producing sperm. Can he impregnate her? Could something have gone wrong with the surgery so that he is not fully fixed?
Thanks.

There's no way that this little guy can be producing sperm if he has been neutered. In order to make sperm he has to have testicles, and neutering removes the testicles.

Neutered dogs can get an erection though. This is because there is still some testosterone that can be produced by the adrenal glands. There are some neutered dogs that can still penetrate a female as well. But, he won't be able to get her pregnant.

It's possible that you are seeing some ejaculate fluid, but again there won't be any sperm there.

Ideally, it would be a great idea to have your female spayed!

Tapeworm and roundworm meds. Is it safe to give my cat praziquantel for his tapeworm 2 days after I gave him... (23816 views)

Puppy with hard lump on throat my dog has a hard lump on the side of his throat what could it be it is hard does... (17680 views)

How often is a dog in heat? My dog started her first heat yesterday. I know not to breed her now she is not... (4430 views)

Hair loss in hamster I have a syrian hamster which is about two and a half years old. He as been losing... (7230 views)

Cat falling over. for the last while my cat is having a hard time walking and is falling over. When he... (18542 views)

Morning after pill for dogs? Is there a "morning after pill" for dogs? ... (27541 views)

Weak legs on Coton deTulear. Hi! I have an 8 month old Coton de Tulear that I acquired through a very... (6625 views)

Hamster cough. Do hamsters have to have a special treatment when they have got a... (9665 views)

Stop barking at other dogs. hello when my dog is in the yard, she will bark at other dogs passing. she is a... (4844 views)

Hair loss at base of tail. My cat has been pulling her fur out near the base of her tail,leaving swollen bald... (13831 views)