Are lumps related to seizures?

Breed: dachshund
Hi, Amber is 10 years old. Since she was young she had frequent seizures, as she grew the seizures decreased and now occur sparingly. She also has shown some small lumps (2 or 3) on her stomach. Yesterday she had a seizure. Usually after seizures she returns to a normal state but after the seizure she had yesterday she sort of stood in a blank state and barely wanted or tryed to move or walk. She was breathing fine and was reactive so I let until the next day to see how she does. Today she was still resistant to movement but she walked gingerly for a little while with what seemed like trouble. She also has been resistant to going outside to do her business. What is your advice?Thanks.

Hi Joseph. I'm sorry to hear that Amber is having these problems.

This is a hard one to answer without examining Amber but I am wondering if perhaps she has injured her back during the seizure. Back problems are very common in daschunds.

If you think a back problem is possible I would advise an emergency visit. If we wait too long with back injuries they can cause paralysis.

While some dogs can feel off after a seizure it is not usually for this long. It is also possible that an underlying kidney or liver problem could cause a seizure and also the lethargy.

Unfortunately it does sound like a vet visit is necessary. I hope she does ok!

Thank you very much for your response.

How much water should a puppy drink? Dr Marie, This is more a precautionary question. Max is 4.5 months old, 37... (86151 views)

Paralyzed chihuahua My dog is just laying here stiff in the rear but wont move anything but his head. He... (9944 views)

Drooling and walking sideways. Last night Sadie started shaking really badly, drooling like crazy and when she... (11086 views)

Stress from travel. Hello, I have a question about my cat. He is 3 years old and he arrived in the UK... (4371 views)

Lump on my dog. Hello Dr. Marie, I sincerely hope that this is real, and that if it is and you... (34733 views)

Crusty ears and very itchy. i have a boston terrier that just turned 1 year old (female). at 6 months i took her... (9818 views)

Dog pulling hair out of wrist. Well, Looks like there was an infection and he's on zeniquin 100 for 14d now.... (23693 views)

Handling newborn kittens. Hello, My cat has recently had kittens. I think they are a day old. She had... (9572 views)

Blood in stool. hi lucky just went poop outside and he did liquidy bright red blood iam not sure... (45497 views)

Cat losing weight. I have had my 10 year-old cat on Tapazole for about a year, but in the past couple... (8803 views)