Are lumps related to seizures?

Breed: dachshund
Hi, Amber is 10 years old. Since she was young she had frequent seizures, as she grew the seizures decreased and now occur sparingly. She also has shown some small lumps (2 or 3) on her stomach. Yesterday she had a seizure. Usually after seizures she returns to a normal state but after the seizure she had yesterday she sort of stood in a blank state and barely wanted or tryed to move or walk. She was breathing fine and was reactive so I let until the next day to see how she does. Today she was still resistant to movement but she walked gingerly for a little while with what seemed like trouble. She also has been resistant to going outside to do her business. What is your advice?Thanks.

Hi Joseph. I'm sorry to hear that Amber is having these problems.

This is a hard one to answer without examining Amber but I am wondering if perhaps she has injured her back during the seizure. Back problems are very common in daschunds.

If you think a back problem is possible I would advise an emergency visit. If we wait too long with back injuries they can cause paralysis.

While some dogs can feel off after a seizure it is not usually for this long. It is also possible that an underlying kidney or liver problem could cause a seizure and also the lethargy.

Unfortunately it does sound like a vet visit is necessary. I hope she does ok!

Thank you very much for your response.

Dog eats cat poop. I've caught my dog eating out of our kitten's litter box twice in the past two days.... (15695 views)

Getting cat to lose weight. Dear Dr Marie, We have just adopted a fat cat, and are trying to reduce his weight.... (5957 views)

Increase in dog's thirst and urination. My dog has been acting fuuny the past few nights he wakes me up 2-3 times a night to... (9402 views)

Lump on dog's leg. Hey Dr. Marie (and Happy Holidays!) I noticed about a week ago while petting my... (38371 views)

Itchy by tail Dr. Marie, my dog always kind of chews/bites/scratches under the right side of his... (6947 views)

Dog is afraid of people. I have a shy dog and a trainer told me to densitize her to her fears. she is afraid... (6398 views)

Cat regurgitating fluid. We have a (female) calico cat who was regurgitating 4 - 5 times per day and not... (9416 views)

Chin acne in cats. He's been on a cleansing agent and anti-biotic/steroid for 5 of 7 days for his acne... (7260 views)

Ferret with hair loss and wobbliness. My ferett has lost all hair on back and i came home today and he is extremly wobbly... (19142 views)

What are these little brown bugs. hi um my puppy named chesley is 6-8 months andi just got her recently i cant remeber... (21911 views)