Are lumps related to seizures?

Breed: dachshund
Hi, Amber is 10 years old. Since she was young she had frequent seizures, as she grew the seizures decreased and now occur sparingly. She also has shown some small lumps (2 or 3) on her stomach. Yesterday she had a seizure. Usually after seizures she returns to a normal state but after the seizure she had yesterday she sort of stood in a blank state and barely wanted or tryed to move or walk. She was breathing fine and was reactive so I let until the next day to see how she does. Today she was still resistant to movement but she walked gingerly for a little while with what seemed like trouble. She also has been resistant to going outside to do her business. What is your advice?Thanks.

Hi Joseph. I'm sorry to hear that Amber is having these problems.

This is a hard one to answer without examining Amber but I am wondering if perhaps she has injured her back during the seizure. Back problems are very common in daschunds.

If you think a back problem is possible I would advise an emergency visit. If we wait too long with back injuries they can cause paralysis.

While some dogs can feel off after a seizure it is not usually for this long. It is also possible that an underlying kidney or liver problem could cause a seizure and also the lethargy.

Unfortunately it does sound like a vet visit is necessary. I hope she does ok!

Thank you very much for your response.

Dog died at the vet's A couple weeks ago I noticed our dog Gauge was straining to urinate but couldnt. I... (8330 views)

Guinea Pig losing hair. My guinea pig is 10 weeks and he's lost hair at the rear of his back. It looks a... (10701 views)

deramaxx, Dasuquin and AdvantixIII Is it ok for Casey to be on deramaxx desaquin and k9advantix 2... (7096 views)

Older dog won't eat. My dog is a mutt, 14yrs old, and has been acting strangely as of late. She doesn't... (10168 views)

Multiple mast cell tumors. Hi Marie, it says that my question has been answered, but I do not know how to... (14958 views)

Why did dog die? My dog, Runway, died suddenly early sunday morning, at about 1:00am. I am wondering... (13829 views)

Cat with green patch on skin. first i would like to thank you for your time. When my cat was a kitten i thought... (14306 views)

Palliative care vs. euthanasia? Hello. First let me say that this turned out to be long and probably rambling. ... (10963 views)

Not using litter box. All of a sudden my cat, has decided to use her litterbox to urinate only. She will... (8770 views)

Rest for cruciate tears. Is there any unequivical, clinical evidence of a positive effect of... (10597 views)