Can dogs get chlamydia?

Breed: Parsons jack russell
I recently found out that i had Chlamydia, my dog hank has a bad habit of getting into my dirty underwear and licking them, im very scared that he may have it too, is that possible?

Chlamydia is not contagious from people to dogs or vice versa. There is a type of chlamydia that dogs can get as an STD but it is a different type of bacteria than what people get, and again, it is not contagious to people.

You don't have to worry about your dog getting chlamydia from licking your underwear.

Back spasms 2 years ago, I took Rusty to an emergeny vet one evening because he seemed warm and... (18247 views)

Boxer splitting open tail. I have a 2 year old boxer and she keeps splitting her tail open is it necessary to... (6825 views)

Large liver and spleen. Male cat 10 yo & neutered has enlarged pancreas and spleen, slightly enlarged liver.... (22050 views)

Infection in nose and eye. HI, My dog Bear is 10 yr old black Lab. He weighs 110lb he is overweight, but he is... (8300 views)

Vomiting and runny eyes. Hello Doc! My cat Princess started throwing up this morning. First two times was... (43109 views)

Are tomatoes bad for dogs? I have a question about dogs and tomatoes. I accidentally fed my dog a few(maybe... (542777 views)

Diarrhea resolves with Cephalexin. Dear Dr. Marie, I’ve been in the throes of a medical mystery with my beloved... (13427 views)

Itchy coat. my dog itches and her coat seems to be popped up at various places, have cheched... (7321 views)

My dog won't eat. Hello i have a male 2 year old pitbull. He is an extremely picky eater when it comes... (14832 views)

Pink spot on dog. I noticed on my dog about a month ago he had a small pink raised bump on his chest... (28731 views)