Can dogs get chlamydia?

Breed: Parsons jack russell
I recently found out that i had Chlamydia, my dog hank has a bad habit of getting into my dirty underwear and licking them, im very scared that he may have it too, is that possible?

Chlamydia is not contagious from people to dogs or vice versa. There is a type of chlamydia that dogs can get as an STD but it is a different type of bacteria than what people get, and again, it is not contagious to people.

You don't have to worry about your dog getting chlamydia from licking your underwear.

Increase dog's phenobarb? Hi Marie, My 10 yr old Jack Russell Terrier has been a seizure dog for about 4... (17027 views)

Are these lymph nodes? I noticed about 2 days ago my 4yr old cat looked like a chipmunk. I felt around her... (10008 views)

Can I give my dog aspirin? Can I give her a low dose(81mg) aspirin to help with I think a pulled muscle? It... (27027 views)

Pug died suddenly. Aloha, Our beloved Pug Tobi passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday and as much as I... (8212 views)

Dog not eating i have a boxer labrador mix .his name is angus.because summer has started and the... (23347 views)

Vaccine squirted onto skin. OK... I have a Maltese and yorkie that I was giving their second vaccine 5 in 1, and... (21812 views)

Ketoconazole for dogs. How safe is it to give my dog ketoconazole 200 mg tab fur a fungal infection? The... (26592 views)

Green penile discharge. Hi, I have a 7 month old alaskan malamute. I have noticed that he has green... (16400 views)

Stopped prednisolone suddenly. Hi Dr. Marie, My 2.5 year old cat, Pebbles, was diagnosed with pretty severe... (20177 views)

What is a CG8 blood test? Hi, my vet wants to do blood tests to see how Frankie is doing, he seems to have... (6596 views)