Can dogs get chlamydia?

Breed: Parsons jack russell
I recently found out that i had Chlamydia, my dog hank has a bad habit of getting into my dirty underwear and licking them, im very scared that he may have it too, is that possible?

Chlamydia is not contagious from people to dogs or vice versa. There is a type of chlamydia that dogs can get as an STD but it is a different type of bacteria than what people get, and again, it is not contagious to people.

You don't have to worry about your dog getting chlamydia from licking your underwear.

Older dog won't eat. My dog is a mutt, 14yrs old, and has been acting strangely as of late. She doesn't... (10827 views)

Chinese Crested with diarrhea This is breed that loses their teeth (starting at an early age) as they age.... (10085 views)

Lump after vaccines. We took Max to the vet for shots. The vet gave them to him on his lower back and he... (33548 views)

Is my dog in pain? Hi dr, Marie, I'm the one that asked about the papaya leaf for... (5238 views)

Indestructible dog toys. Hi Dr, Fortunately I'm not writing about an illness. Since his neutering Max... (10850 views)

Surgery or rest for CCL tear. Dear Dr. Marie, My dog often limping recently and i've brought her to see a vet in... (9137 views)

Cat is eating less and vomiting. Bernie has been on Royal Canin wet Overweight Management food for awhile. Lately he... (5207 views)

Tick part left in dog? I have just recently removed a tickt from my dog from just above his eye how do I... (7833 views)

Can a dog transmit Hep C? Recently my nephew was bitten by a k-9 dog in a mistaken identity situation. My... (19313 views)

Running with puppy. I recently adopted a 14 month old Airedale. he is neutered, in good health and is a... (5745 views)