Can dogs get chlamydia?

Breed: Parsons jack russell
I recently found out that i had Chlamydia, my dog hank has a bad habit of getting into my dirty underwear and licking them, im very scared that he may have it too, is that possible?

Chlamydia is not contagious from people to dogs or vice versa. There is a type of chlamydia that dogs can get as an STD but it is a different type of bacteria than what people get, and again, it is not contagious to people.

You don't have to worry about your dog getting chlamydia from licking your underwear.

Rat with swollen eyes. my moms friend was watching my albino rat and she left him out side all day and now,... (9749 views)

Dog can't bark. I just recent spayed my dog this summer and i recently noticed that her bark sounds... (24975 views)

Is this a liver shunt? Hello Dr. Marie, Murphy is 16 months old. For the first 6 months of her life, she... (5391 views)

Kennel Cough. Hello I am only 16 and my parents do not believe me on my concern for my dog. I do... (6719 views)

Hartz and Advantage. I gave my cat Hartz one spot flea treatment and it doesnt work grrrr, i gave it on... (10944 views)

Flea problems. WELL MY CAT HAD FLEA'S AND I DEFLEAD THE CAT THE PRODUCTS I USED TO DEFLEA MY CAT... (10096 views)

Possible autoimmune disease. Hi, My dog is currently under vetrinarian care but he has a problem that my... (10034 views)

Sunscreen for cats and dogs. My cat is a white cat and he loves to lounge in the sun. I was wondering if you... (14961 views)

Is aspirin safe for dogs? I bought the excel enteric coated aspirin 81mg each for my 85lb husky. I don't know... (18208 views)

Dog ate battery fluid. My dog chewed up a AA battery. It doesn't appear that she ingested any pieces of it... (17559 views)