Can dogs get chlamydia?

Breed: Parsons jack russell
I recently found out that i had Chlamydia, my dog hank has a bad habit of getting into my dirty underwear and licking them, im very scared that he may have it too, is that possible?

Chlamydia is not contagious from people to dogs or vice versa. There is a type of chlamydia that dogs can get as an STD but it is a different type of bacteria than what people get, and again, it is not contagious to people.

You don't have to worry about your dog getting chlamydia from licking your underwear.

Accidently cut dog's skin i was giving my dog a hair cut with a small pair of sissors and was trimming around... (19923 views)

Coughing cat. One of my cats has been hacking a lot the past few days. I have a video I would like... (6064 views)

Pit bull has bald patches. Hi, we have beeen to the vet three different times and he still breaking out and... (4642 views)

Red bumps on puppy's belly. Hi, our Border Collie puppy has these red bumps on her belly. They are real red and... (77235 views)

Hypothyroidism in Sheltie. Hi My dog had a thyroid test and the results came back as .8 which he said was low... (7749 views)

Heterochromia in a cat. I recently got a cat as a rescue. She is white, with light grey and yellow... (11656 views)

Drinking more and thirsty LILI, 7.5 YRS OLD, HAS STARTED WETTING HER BED AND SHE HAS AN UNENDING THIRST AND... (14718 views)

Sniffling, sneezing cat. For the past two days our cat has been constantly sniffling and sneezing and has... (57050 views)

Can't move back legs. Cat is not able to move back legs and yowling. Maybe paralyzed? No accidents. Need... (15675 views)

Proteus indole positive diarrhea. Hello, I am from Romania. My cat Bruno (10 months) has diarrhea and at the faeces... (8182 views)