Licking at lump on leg.

Breed: Carine Terrier
Hi! My name is Sachiyo Ono and I have a question about my pet. I am only 14 so I wasnt able to do the chat which would've been wonderful.
My dog Hokuto is a Carine Terrier (i hope it's spelled right) and he has this random lump on his leg. I am really worried. It's been there since we got him which was about 4 years ago. It is growing bigger and bigger and he keeps licking it. I am really scared and worried. Please help me. Thank you. (:

Hi Sachiyo, thanks for using my website!

Lumps are always hard to diagnose over the internet. So, I will give you some ideas, but ultimately a vet visit is probably necessary.

There are a good number of lumps on dogs that are benign (i.e. not cancer). Some of them can even grow to a very large size.

However, I am concerned by the fact that he keeps licking at it. Most benign tumors are not bothersome at all to the dog.

It is also possible that what Hokuto has is something called a lick granuloma. These are not cancerous. They are usually on a leg. The way to treat a lick granuloma is to get the dog to stop licking for long enough to let the area heal. Usually, medicines are needed such as creams or oral medicines to keep the dog from licking, so it is a good idea to have your vet take a look.

Cat peeing in house. Previously my cat would urinate or defecate on clothes/rugs if the letterbox was too... (6986 views)

Do dogs get gonorrhea? Hi Dr. Marie, I just got diagnosed with gonorrhea, which is devastating to me. I... (38387 views)

Dog won't eat. well dr my dog he always wants to go outside and doesnt want to eat his food and we... (11056 views)

Is ketoconazole safe? Hi. My 6 y/o Papillon has suffered fron skin problems his whole life. I've been told... (4611 views)

Nutritional supplement for repeated fractures. I have a chihuahua who has broken the same leg three times in the last year. The... (9653 views)

Mass on dog's cheek. My dog recently had a cotton ball size mass on her "cheek". Someone told me it was... (10106 views)

Can't put weight on his leg. my pit bull is shaking all over a refusing to put weight on his back leg what should... (26742 views)

Is this a chest tumor? Hello. My active, normal weight and wonderful female Siamese began coughing... (10340 views)

Dental care for older dog. I have an older dog with bad teeth but no way to afford doggy dental. I was... (19508 views)

Spaying an older dog. My dog is 10 years old and has had 2 litters of puppies. I would like to have her... (7291 views)