Licking at lump on leg.

Breed: Carine Terrier
Hi! My name is Sachiyo Ono and I have a question about my pet. I am only 14 so I wasnt able to do the chat which would've been wonderful.
My dog Hokuto is a Carine Terrier (i hope it's spelled right) and he has this random lump on his leg. I am really worried. It's been there since we got him which was about 4 years ago. It is growing bigger and bigger and he keeps licking it. I am really scared and worried. Please help me. Thank you. (:

Hi Sachiyo, thanks for using my website!

Lumps are always hard to diagnose over the internet. So, I will give you some ideas, but ultimately a vet visit is probably necessary.

There are a good number of lumps on dogs that are benign (i.e. not cancer). Some of them can even grow to a very large size.

However, I am concerned by the fact that he keeps licking at it. Most benign tumors are not bothersome at all to the dog.

It is also possible that what Hokuto has is something called a lick granuloma. These are not cancerous. They are usually on a leg. The way to treat a lick granuloma is to get the dog to stop licking for long enough to let the area heal. Usually, medicines are needed such as creams or oral medicines to keep the dog from licking, so it is a good idea to have your vet take a look.

Cat flung himself around. Hello about 2 weeks ago my 12 year old cat was sleeping soundly when he woke up... (6471 views)

Vacuolar hepatopathy. Hi Dr. Marie I am following up with you regarding Oreo's elevated bile acid... (20150 views)

Scabs on cat's back. For a couple of months now, I’ve noticed my cat has been trying to scratch her... (178919 views)

Dog walking in circles my mother in laws dog just started acting real sick today he cant stand up or when... (27408 views)

Nursing cat has no milk. she has difficulty producing milk; one time losing milk early, the second she... (11098 views)

Dog with back problems. I know it's log winded, but I wanted to include all the information... (19544 views)

Gunk in cat's eyes. hi my cat has had her vaccination today but now noticed there gunk coming out of her... (7375 views)

Dental problems in 20 year old cat. My cat Jack, who is 20 yrs old and has a predominant heart murmur and obviously a... (13577 views)

Home treatment for abscess. My cat had an abscess I didnt know about until it blew 4 days ago. I have cut away... (9138 views)

Yellow skin and urine. My cat has been lethargic for about two weeks. Last week I noticed her Urine was... (12251 views)