Licking at lump on leg.

Breed: Carine Terrier
Hi! My name is Sachiyo Ono and I have a question about my pet. I am only 14 so I wasnt able to do the chat which would've been wonderful.
My dog Hokuto is a Carine Terrier (i hope it's spelled right) and he has this random lump on his leg. I am really worried. It's been there since we got him which was about 4 years ago. It is growing bigger and bigger and he keeps licking it. I am really scared and worried. Please help me. Thank you. (:

Hi Sachiyo, thanks for using my website!

Lumps are always hard to diagnose over the internet. So, I will give you some ideas, but ultimately a vet visit is probably necessary.

There are a good number of lumps on dogs that are benign (i.e. not cancer). Some of them can even grow to a very large size.

However, I am concerned by the fact that he keeps licking at it. Most benign tumors are not bothersome at all to the dog.

It is also possible that what Hokuto has is something called a lick granuloma. These are not cancerous. They are usually on a leg. The way to treat a lick granuloma is to get the dog to stop licking for long enough to let the area heal. Usually, medicines are needed such as creams or oral medicines to keep the dog from licking, so it is a good idea to have your vet take a look.

Puppy with diarrhea My 14 week old Aussie, Max, had a pretty sudden case of diarrhea, today. I took him... (13104 views)

Licking at lump on leg. Hi! My name is Sachiyo Ono and I have a question about my pet. I am only 14 so I... (25298 views)

Dog looks depressed. Hello, Dr. My dog is pretty active but he usually looks "depressed" out of the... (8099 views)

Swollen ear flap. i have a dog named shiloh and something is wrong with his ear and i just need to... (10962 views)

maggots in guinea pig's cage Dear dr marie, i found maggots in my guinea pig's cage. So i want to know if he has... (13787 views)

Older dog won't eat. My dog has been losing her appetite for about 2 months. She would no longer eat her... (12424 views)

Oozing boil on dog's paw. My dog has a sort of woozing boil on her paw and all around it there is hair loss... (11570 views)

Freckles on a dog's belly. Francois has developed some brown spots on his belly and testicles. He licks in... (20706 views)

Swollen throat. over night my dogs thropat and cheeks have swallon really bad (looks like a hamster... (22369 views)

Puppy not eating. why isn't my minature pincher puppy not eatting? i tried to feed him myself but he... (8238 views)