Alternative to Sentinel

Breed: Golden Retriever
Molly has been on Sentinel forever....now it's been recalled...I have 2 months worth left, is there a similar alternative for heartworm prevention?
I give her K9 Advantage for flea prevention.

thank you
Connie

There are many products for heartworm and flea prevention on the market. Your vet will advise you which one they feel is best in your area. In my area I recommend any of the following:

Revolution - A topical monthly treatment for heartworm, fleas, mange, ticks and some intestinal parasites.

Advantage Multi - A topical monthly treatment for heartworm, fleas, and intestinal parasites.

Trifexis - An oral monthly treatment for heartworm, fleas and intestinal parasites.

I find in my area these all work well. But again, your vet will advise you on what is best for your area.

Dog died of pancreatitis. My yorkie died at the vets. She was 10 and a half. I fed her new dog food... (30884 views)

Do I have rabies? Hiii m rakesh..i was bitten by a dog when i was 18 years old. I dnt know that dog... (8743 views)

Immune mediated disease. Our dog was taken to the vet on July 3rd after 2 days of lethargy and falling over... (15301 views)

Terbutaline and atenolol. Hi Dr. Marie, I’m interested in your thoughts on what may have caused my cat’s... (12458 views)

Should dog with cancer be euthanized? Ben was diagnosed with a Grade III mast cell tumor last February. We had it... (14591 views)

Cat itchy on neck. Recently my cat has been scratching in the area just below her neck at the top of... (9355 views)

Bald patches on body. I live in Spain. Last Spring my dog had hard white lumps of skin down the sides of... (29480 views)

Dog with pancreatitis. My dog was taken to the vet Monday morning and I was told he had pancreatitis. I... (11063 views)

Incontinence she will be lying on the floor and she just pees and does not know or realize she... (8014 views)

Should I get a guinea pig? Dear Dr. Marie, I live in Seattle, Washington, USA. I'm interested in having two... (7532 views)