Alternative to Sentinel

Breed: Golden Retriever
Molly has been on Sentinel forever....now it's been recalled...I have 2 months worth left, is there a similar alternative for heartworm prevention?
I give her K9 Advantage for flea prevention.

thank you
Connie

There are many products for heartworm and flea prevention on the market. Your vet will advise you which one they feel is best in your area. In my area I recommend any of the following:

Revolution - A topical monthly treatment for heartworm, fleas, mange, ticks and some intestinal parasites.

Advantage Multi - A topical monthly treatment for heartworm, fleas, and intestinal parasites.

Trifexis - An oral monthly treatment for heartworm, fleas and intestinal parasites.

I find in my area these all work well. But again, your vet will advise you on what is best for your area.

Sore after shots. This past Sunday my husband gave our 2 dogs their yearly shots. Our 1 dog is now... (23687 views)

My cat's eye is foggy. Hello, My cat Paisley is 10 months old and her eye is foggy, her ears and nose are... (11455 views)

Brittle nails in a dog. My dog's nails seem to be chipping off and bleeding. He's not biting them. What is... (24126 views)

Reusing thermometers I took my Lhasa Apso, Monroe, to Banfield at PetSmart today. He is having issues... (15415 views)

Is Raid toxic to cats? My fiance lives in Florida and sprays Raid insecticide to kill bugs. In a few months... (131825 views)

Possible asthma My 7 year old cat has always had frequent hairballs. I have always suspected he had... (16491 views)

Guinea pig scabs around mouth. My guinea pig is getting brown/orange scabs around its mouth and nose?! I have took... (12377 views)

Puppy is very hyper. Gracey was born on July 6th..so she will be six months soon. We have had dogs all... (10199 views)

Albendazole for dogs. Can I use Albendazole to deworm my puppy? I have something called Valbazen. Thank... (48222 views)

Diarrhea and increased appetite. We found a cat that we have decided to keep. We have had all his shots, Neutered and... (7652 views)