Alternative to Sentinel

Breed: Golden Retriever
Molly has been on Sentinel forever....now it's been recalled...I have 2 months worth left, is there a similar alternative for heartworm prevention?
I give her K9 Advantage for flea prevention.

thank you
Connie

There are many products for heartworm and flea prevention on the market. Your vet will advise you which one they feel is best in your area. In my area I recommend any of the following:

Revolution - A topical monthly treatment for heartworm, fleas, mange, ticks and some intestinal parasites.

Advantage Multi - A topical monthly treatment for heartworm, fleas, and intestinal parasites.

Trifexis - An oral monthly treatment for heartworm, fleas and intestinal parasites.

I find in my area these all work well. But again, your vet will advise you on what is best for your area.

Pattern baldness in dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, I have noticed that over the last few months my dog seems to be... (8817 views)

Dog having seizures. Hi Dr. Marie, My regular vet left to go on holiday today and after calling the... (13114 views)

Dog ate grapes. Last night at 9PM I took my dog out for a walk. We were in our town and someone had... (36633 views)

Yellow skin and urine. My cat has been lethargic for about two weeks. Last week I noticed her Urine was... (10780 views)

Liver shunt surgery. Recently I found out that the kitten I adopted a few months ago has a Portosystemic... (7180 views)

Flea Allergy Hello Shelby has two to three spots that she has been licking and chewing on by... (10419 views)

Fearful puppy? I just adopted a new puppy from a man who owned a farm. he had a few dogs and they... (5985 views)

What are these little brown bugs. hi um my puppy named chesley is 6-8 months andi just got her recently i cant remeber... (20108 views)

Diabetic cat problems. ivay is a diabetic last blood test 3 weeks ago was 21 he has gained 5 lbs since jan... (4069 views)

Hypothyroidism, diabetes and glaucoma. my 10 year old lab is hypo thyroid and diabetic 12 units twice a day. she has gone... (7450 views)