Alternative to Sentinel

Breed: Golden Retriever
Molly has been on Sentinel forever....now it's been recalled...I have 2 months worth left, is there a similar alternative for heartworm prevention?
I give her K9 Advantage for flea prevention.

thank you
Connie

There are many products for heartworm and flea prevention on the market. Your vet will advise you which one they feel is best in your area. In my area I recommend any of the following:

Revolution - A topical monthly treatment for heartworm, fleas, mange, ticks and some intestinal parasites.

Advantage Multi - A topical monthly treatment for heartworm, fleas, and intestinal parasites.

Trifexis - An oral monthly treatment for heartworm, fleas and intestinal parasites.

I find in my area these all work well. But again, your vet will advise you on what is best for your area.

Cortisone vs. anti-inflammatory. What is more harmful to the liver, anti-inflammatory medication or Cortisone... (7844 views)

Cat is dying. I took in a stray that was living in a garage since his was little for years and was... (10023 views)

Blood in urine. I can not afford to take her to a vet...so here I am. I have just noticed while... (9487 views)

Swollen oozing paw. Hello my dog Jack is 10 1/2 years old and he has a very yucky looking paw. It is... (31463 views)

Can I get toxoplasmosis from my dog? I've caught my dog eating stray cat feces in my yard several times. I would then... (36955 views)

Is this a flea problem? My small 3 year old in door cat very recently survived a bout with flea anemia. We... (9499 views)

Peeing in house. I have a 10 year old female cat that has never consistently used the litter box in... (5205 views)

Dog can't move tail. My dog's tail is bent at the base and it is almost as if she can't move it. It seems... (11074 views)

Do sheep die on their backs? Hi, there. We have been having a debate about a sheep we saw in the field behind... (67380 views)

Coughin Min Pin. My dog throws up yellow bile, in the mornings, every other month or so. Her stomach... (11975 views)