Alternative to Sentinel

Breed: Golden Retriever
Molly has been on Sentinel forever....now it's been recalled...I have 2 months worth left, is there a similar alternative for heartworm prevention?
I give her K9 Advantage for flea prevention.

thank you
Connie

There are many products for heartworm and flea prevention on the market. Your vet will advise you which one they feel is best in your area. In my area I recommend any of the following:

Revolution - A topical monthly treatment for heartworm, fleas, mange, ticks and some intestinal parasites.

Advantage Multi - A topical monthly treatment for heartworm, fleas, and intestinal parasites.

Trifexis - An oral monthly treatment for heartworm, fleas and intestinal parasites.

I find in my area these all work well. But again, your vet will advise you on what is best for your area.

Chronic pancreatitis flareup. Kasma is currently being treated for chronic pancreatitis...she's been on... (8693 views)

Puppy has 6-8 bowel movements per day. My 7 month old dog has 6 - 8 bowel movements per day. Most are well formed, some... (17684 views)

Bleeding from penis won't stop. I have a british bulldog who began bleeding from his penis a week ago. Took him to... (43334 views)

Wheezing dog. My dog wheezes just after going on a walk with me and then proceeds to act sick or... (9164 views)

Conjunctivitis zoonotic? My dog has conjunctivitis, which he is being treated for and my friends daughter who... (15426 views)

Metronidazole side effects? My Dog had a surgery Dec 9. The Doctor removed a tumor from his small intestine. He... (16817 views)

Cat peeing on the carpet. My cat will not stop urinating on the carpet, she has seen a vet and has no medical... (14333 views)

Is he really gone? My very elderly dog very sadly had to be put to sleep a few days ago. This was... (34255 views)

Neuter at 8 weeks? We are trying to decide when to get our male kitten spayed. He is around 2 months... (7814 views)

Sensitive tail and belly. My cat was spayed almost 5 months ago, and I've noticed since then, that she does... (5833 views)