Increased appetite and hair loss.

Breed: Burmese
My Burmese cat is losing her hair all over and I am concerned about how hungry she seems to be. For the past week or so, she has not been using the litter box as frequently. She is at least 14 years old. Is this normal in older cats of this breed or should I be concerned?

This definitely doesn't sound like something normal. An increase in appetite and hair loss could be due to hyperthyroidism. This is a condition that is quite easy to treat, usually.

There are other possibilities. It's hard to connect an increase in appetite and hair loss, but this is definitely something where I would suggest a vet visit as soon as possible.

Hope everything is ok!

Bromonidine (like amitraz) toxicity. MY DOG SWALLOWED SOME BRIMONIDINE TARTRATE OPHTHALMIC 5 ML SHE IS VERY WEAK AND... (12090 views)

Dog bite wound. Dear Doctor, with my dog one day ago happend accident, he was in fight with another... (5388 views)

Seizures...brain tumor? Hello Dr. Marie, I have an interesting scenario for you. Our Aussie is 13 and as... (5332 views)

Does my cat have feline leukemia? have a 6 year old female cat with up to date FeLV and FIV vaccinations. She has the... (4688 views)

Improper tail docking? I just acquired my puppy from a backyard breeder who I was told cut off the puppies... (7626 views)

Diarrhea and coughing. First off let me apologize for the convoluted description of the symptoms, but I... (5156 views)

Seizures Max is 14. Four nights ago he had a big seizure that lasted about 60-90 seconds. ... (88086 views)

Itchy face and ears. Abbey has been itching her neck face ears area ive stopped with dog treats changed... (10559 views)

Male dog lost weight when female in heat. My American Bulldog male always loses weight when our female goes into heat because... (21309 views)

Pit bull puppy is sick. My dog was outside and I was callig her, bit she didn't come I went to look for her... (7966 views)