Increased appetite and hair loss.

Breed: Burmese
My Burmese cat is losing her hair all over and I am concerned about how hungry she seems to be. For the past week or so, she has not been using the litter box as frequently. She is at least 14 years old. Is this normal in older cats of this breed or should I be concerned?

This definitely doesn't sound like something normal. An increase in appetite and hair loss could be due to hyperthyroidism. This is a condition that is quite easy to treat, usually.

There are other possibilities. It's hard to connect an increase in appetite and hair loss, but this is definitely something where I would suggest a vet visit as soon as possible.

Hope everything is ok!

Stop dogs from fighting. I have 2 female doxies, one beats up the other all the time. How can i control this?... (6681 views)

Why use jugular vein? Why would my vet take blood out of the neck (jugler (?) vein)? In most cases I've... (21250 views)

Accidents outside of box. Mt cat is litter box trained and has been since she was around 3 months old. We... (6945 views)

When to euthanize dog with arthritis. Hello. I'm going through a really hard time right now, trying to make a decision... (44688 views)

Hip dysplasia and arthritis. Hello, My dog Jasmine is about 13 & 1/2 years old. We live in New York City. I... (14384 views)

Dog is losing weight. I have a 7yr old larger sized min pin. Had her fixed at 1yrs old and she has always... (11757 views)

What breed is my dog? Hello I Always Wanted To Know What Breed Or Type My Dog Is ? It's A Russian Small... (9589 views)

Why is my hamster biting me? My hamster bites me only when I take him out of his ball or exercise wheel. Even on... (14629 views)

Did neutering affect dog's bladder? My dog is 10 months old and was neutered 3 weeks ago. He was on antibiotics prior to... (20715 views)

Tubes in dogs ears? our bulldog has bad problems with his ears they are almost swollen shut. our vet... (19715 views)