Increased appetite and hair loss.

Breed: Burmese
My Burmese cat is losing her hair all over and I am concerned about how hungry she seems to be. For the past week or so, she has not been using the litter box as frequently. She is at least 14 years old. Is this normal in older cats of this breed or should I be concerned?

This definitely doesn't sound like something normal. An increase in appetite and hair loss could be due to hyperthyroidism. This is a condition that is quite easy to treat, usually.

There are other possibilities. It's hard to connect an increase in appetite and hair loss, but this is definitely something where I would suggest a vet visit as soon as possible.

Hope everything is ok!

Is dog's paw broken? Chandler jumped out the car window today and hurt his back paw. He won't put any... (8257 views)

Cracked Toe Nail. My dog cracked his nail horizontally at the base of the nail. Is there something I... (7994 views)

Histolytica in cats. My cat has low levels of histolytica. I was informed it was common and not necessary... (2411 views)

Is my cat pregnant? How can I tell if my cat is pregnant? She has a big belly and I want to know if... (8459 views)

OTC sedation for cats. I just brought my two cats home from their dental cleaning and found out that they... (62006 views)

Did cherry eye surgery fail? My 10 month old baby boy, ralphie, just had a cherry eye surgery yesterday. this... (16164 views)

Painful erection for dog. Help Dr Marie, My puppy is not neutered and three or four times I have found him... (12432 views)

Whipworm treatment? I was looking into a preventative whip worm product as my vet keeps telling me that... (3489 views)

Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cats. My cat is aged 9. She was recently diagnosed with Pseudomonas aeruginosa which is... (25392 views)

Weak legs on Coton deTulear. Hi! I have an 8 month old Coton de Tulear that I acquired through a very... (4058 views)