Increased appetite and hair loss.

Breed: Burmese
My Burmese cat is losing her hair all over and I am concerned about how hungry she seems to be. For the past week or so, she has not been using the litter box as frequently. She is at least 14 years old. Is this normal in older cats of this breed or should I be concerned?

This definitely doesn't sound like something normal. An increase in appetite and hair loss could be due to hyperthyroidism. This is a condition that is quite easy to treat, usually.

There are other possibilities. It's hard to connect an increase in appetite and hair loss, but this is definitely something where I would suggest a vet visit as soon as possible.

Hope everything is ok!

Large mammary glands. Our dog is a black + tan kelpie and has just had her first litter of puppies, six in... (10578 views)

congested kitten Hi,i recently took in a stray kitten & a few days ago she started coughing on &... (11122 views)

Not eating, losing weight. My cat has lost a lot of weight in the past 3 weeks. She cries for food but then... (9595 views)

Back spasms 2 years ago, I took Rusty to an emergeny vet one evening because he seemed warm and... (17933 views)

Sniffling, sneezing cat. For the past two days our cat has been constantly sniffling and sneezing and has... (57442 views)

In heat and shaking her head. My dog has been vomiting and had diarrhea for the last 2-3 days. She has been in... (5333 views)

Dog has wound under arm. I was wondering how I would go about dressing an area on my dog under her arm? It... (9636 views)

Dog hurt her leg. hi my dog trixey is nearly 15.i think she may have hurt her leg because she can't... (6658 views)

Walking on tip toes. my dog got hit with a car about 4 months ago she suffered no broken bones but when... (11053 views)

Diarrhea and lump on face. My dog is a female Husky, 12 years old, 45 pounds. She had severe diarrhea... (10363 views)