Increased appetite and hair loss.

Breed: Burmese
My Burmese cat is losing her hair all over and I am concerned about how hungry she seems to be. For the past week or so, she has not been using the litter box as frequently. She is at least 14 years old. Is this normal in older cats of this breed or should I be concerned?

This definitely doesn't sound like something normal. An increase in appetite and hair loss could be due to hyperthyroidism. This is a condition that is quite easy to treat, usually.

There are other possibilities. It's hard to connect an increase in appetite and hair loss, but this is definitely something where I would suggest a vet visit as soon as possible.

Hope everything is ok!

Itchy behind neck and ears. My cat, fuzzy, is starting to itch behind her neck, her ear area, base of her tail,... (10295 views)

Possible cruciate tear. I am currently fostering an overweight husky/lab cross (Working on the weight... (8132 views)

Tapeworm pictures in a dog. I just discovered my dog has worms in her poop. She sleeps on our bed and where she... (42437 views)

Kennel cough in pregnant dog. My dog just started very mild reverse sneeze/sneezing and slight runny nose I'm... (20519 views)

Bald itchy spots on a dog. Hi, I've been noticing my dog is scratching his back regularly on different... (19822 views)

Diarrhea resolves with Cephalexin. Dear Dr. Marie, I’ve been in the throes of a medical mystery with my beloved... (14079 views)

Cat aggressive with new kitten. I just got a new kitten but one of the cats in my house is attacking him. Ever... (15472 views)

Doesn't like s/d. My dog has bladder stones(a lot) and was put on Hills Prescription diet s/d Canine... (11083 views)

Suddenly disoriented. our approx 8 y/o schnauzer is partially blind and partially deaf(we adopted him a yr... (30048 views)

Swollen glands in neck. 7 year old corgie, swollen glands in neck, possible swelling in abdominal area near... (26868 views)