Increased appetite and hair loss.

Breed: Burmese
My Burmese cat is losing her hair all over and I am concerned about how hungry she seems to be. For the past week or so, she has not been using the litter box as frequently. She is at least 14 years old. Is this normal in older cats of this breed or should I be concerned?

This definitely doesn't sound like something normal. An increase in appetite and hair loss could be due to hyperthyroidism. This is a condition that is quite easy to treat, usually.

There are other possibilities. It's hard to connect an increase in appetite and hair loss, but this is definitely something where I would suggest a vet visit as soon as possible.

Hope everything is ok!

Dog can't poop. okay hi how r u doing? my little dog she is a puppy she is 8 months she cant booboo... (12258 views)

Lump with open sores. Hello. My dog has a very large lump on his leg with open sores which bleeds... (22185 views)

High liver enzymes. He has had major allergy problems since April 2010. He is seeing both holistic and... (16965 views)

Pregnant cat is vomiting. My cat got out and didn't come home for about a month. When she got out she was in... (15811 views)

Eye problem. Chances eyes are really red all the time and gets a bunch of eye snot I clean it out... (7359 views)

Swelling on ear. My 2 year old male beagle has a bump on his outer ear flap which resembles the post... (6027 views)

Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cats. My cat is aged 9. She was recently diagnosed with Pseudomonas aeruginosa which is... (27973 views)

Spinal cord lymphoma Hello Dr. Marie, Our angel puppy Oreo passed away last night. We decided to move... (9287 views)

Robaxin and Metacam. Rocky has been having back pain for over a week now. He's had this problem before... (14918 views)

Ear problems. Charlie has possibly caught ear mites. He his continuously scratching for minutes... (6937 views)