Increased appetite and hair loss.

Breed: Burmese
My Burmese cat is losing her hair all over and I am concerned about how hungry she seems to be. For the past week or so, she has not been using the litter box as frequently. She is at least 14 years old. Is this normal in older cats of this breed or should I be concerned?

This definitely doesn't sound like something normal. An increase in appetite and hair loss could be due to hyperthyroidism. This is a condition that is quite easy to treat, usually.

There are other possibilities. It's hard to connect an increase in appetite and hair loss, but this is definitely something where I would suggest a vet visit as soon as possible.

Hope everything is ok!

Malamute panting. We have taken in a rescue dog. When they brought him to us he was panting and they... (10700 views)

Genetic defects in a puppy. my dog has tapeworms and she gave birth to four puppies.one was born really skinny... (10144 views)

What breed is my dog? Hello I Always Wanted To Know What Breed Or Type My Dog Is ? It's A Russian Small... (7724 views)

Cat not eating. About 2 Weeks ago I took Emma to the Vet because pretty much overnight her Appetite... (10645 views)

Dog has warm ears. Is it normal for my dog to have warm ears? There is no discharge and the ears are... (84857 views)

Dog ate fertilizer. Hi Dr. Marie, Jake, a 25 lb Border Collie mix ate a small amount of a grass... (44348 views)

Licking feet. My cat has suddenly been licking her back paws consistently and thumping them... (7926 views)

Why did my cat die? my 10-year-old cat died today, she had lost weight had yesterday something happened... (11207 views)

Time for euthanasia? My dog Juliet is 12 1/2 years old. She is a black lab with Addison's disease which... (13598 views)

Do allergy wipes work? Do cat wipes work for people who are allergic to feline dander? Are the wipes... (11197 views)