Increased appetite and hair loss.

Breed: Burmese
My Burmese cat is losing her hair all over and I am concerned about how hungry she seems to be. For the past week or so, she has not been using the litter box as frequently. She is at least 14 years old. Is this normal in older cats of this breed or should I be concerned?

This definitely doesn't sound like something normal. An increase in appetite and hair loss could be due to hyperthyroidism. This is a condition that is quite easy to treat, usually.

There are other possibilities. It's hard to connect an increase in appetite and hair loss, but this is definitely something where I would suggest a vet visit as soon as possible.

Hope everything is ok!

Time for euthanasia? I am nearing the end with my 12-yr old rescued German Shepherd dog. He has been a... (26112 views)

Dog ate grapes. Last night at 9PM I took my dog out for a walk. We were in our town and someone had... (40215 views)

Bumps near mouth and chin. My cat has some bumps near his mouth and they are red and itchy. Do you know what... (16265 views)

Bad euthanasia Hello, I had to have my dog euthanized. After she got her first injection to be... (5541 views)

Should I withhold water? My zoe has just beem dignosed with diabetes we just brought her home today and we r... (9666 views)

Is rescue cat in pain? Hello I took in a stray female cat about 10 days ago. HER behaviour is odd. She... (8334 views)

Gabapentin and Metacam My 19 year old cat, Lily, has chronic arthritis pain. We have tried Cosequin and it... (10676 views)

Bladder stones again. Hi there My cat had 100% blockage of urethra in Sept 2009, and underwent PU... (11357 views)

When to neuter my dog. Hi, I have an 8 month old 63 lb male intact golden retriver. When should I neuter... (8079 views)

Rash in dog's armpits. My boxer has been getting rashes under her front armpits, this is the 4th time it's... (23966 views)