Increased appetite and hair loss.

Breed: Burmese
My Burmese cat is losing her hair all over and I am concerned about how hungry she seems to be. For the past week or so, she has not been using the litter box as frequently. She is at least 14 years old. Is this normal in older cats of this breed or should I be concerned?

This definitely doesn't sound like something normal. An increase in appetite and hair loss could be due to hyperthyroidism. This is a condition that is quite easy to treat, usually.

There are other possibilities. It's hard to connect an increase in appetite and hair loss, but this is definitely something where I would suggest a vet visit as soon as possible.

Hope everything is ok!

Not eating, blood tests normal. Hello, Dr. Marie. I'm actually asking this question for my parents about their cat,... (9627 views)

Frontline and bathing. Hi Dr. Marie, I applied Frontline Plus to my puppy the same day that he had a... (17183 views)

Boxer with kennel cough. I adopted Shelby from a shelter. She has the kennel cough and I am treating her with... (11476 views)

White eye discharge in Guinea Pig. i have a guinea pig and she has lost alot of weight and shes not her self, she has... (10287 views)

Lump on dog's head. Within a week or two I noticed a bump on Badger's head (about center back behind... (19255 views)

Can dogs drink tea? Can dogs drink tea? I have been told by quite a few people that it helps puppies to... (45410 views)

Vaginal discharge Cheechee has a tan, snot looking sticky discharge coming from her urethra. Is this a... (8722 views)

Thyroid cancer? Hello, about 10 months ago my dog started heavily panting while playing with her... (8611 views)

Palliative care vs. euthanasia? Hello. First let me say that this turned out to be long and probably rambling. ... (8360 views)

Parvo carrier? A dog by the name of Bo was pulled from the pound along with some puppies, the... (21948 views)