Increased appetite and hair loss.

Breed: Burmese
My Burmese cat is losing her hair all over and I am concerned about how hungry she seems to be. For the past week or so, she has not been using the litter box as frequently. She is at least 14 years old. Is this normal in older cats of this breed or should I be concerned?

This definitely doesn't sound like something normal. An increase in appetite and hair loss could be due to hyperthyroidism. This is a condition that is quite easy to treat, usually.

There are other possibilities. It's hard to connect an increase in appetite and hair loss, but this is definitely something where I would suggest a vet visit as soon as possible.

Hope everything is ok!

Oozing boil on dog's paw. My dog has a sort of woozing boil on her paw and all around it there is hair loss... (10293 views)

Patellar luxation in big dog. Dr, For the past few days Max has had a UTI. For the past two visits my vet has... (5296 views)

Breed dog on next heat? I am interested in breeding my dog when she comes in to heat. What do I need to... (7490 views)

Puppy vaccinations. I have a new puppy. I was given his vaccination record (number of... (3830 views)

Feral cat with problems. There is a a trio of feral cats that we have been feeding, and over the last few... (10082 views)

Is my dog pregnant? hi i have mated my yorkshire terrier last thursday she mated for 20 minutes and tied... (12200 views)

15 year old dog with kidney failure. My dog Gyppie had a bloody stool, large. We took her to the vet. He ran blood work,... (6008 views)

Previous leg injury. Dear Dr Marie, Recently I've taken in a rescued Greyhound. I immediately noticed,... (11957 views)

Vet lost the lump! My cat had surgery last Thursday to have a cyst on his toe removed to see if it was... (8507 views)

Is it time to put her down? My dog has degenerative myelopathy and is having trouble getting up, moving around... (21502 views)