White bumps on anus.

Breed: Calico
I know you are quite busy with all your other questions and I am sorry to disturb you. This question may be a bit gross, but... My cat well, she has 3 white small bumps on her butt. They almost look like small pimples. She has smelt really bad too. I would take her to the clinic, but she doesn't act sick. She eats her food, drinks her water, and her bathroom times is totally normal. She acts completely fine except she has a strange odor. I was wondering if this could be a bad or even contagious disease? Should I be worried about this? Should I take her to the clinic? Thanks for taking the time to read my questions. Have a great day.

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see El Gato.

My first thought was that you may be seeing the ducts for her anal glands. These glands can occasionally leak fluid that does indeed smell quite bad. Will she let you wipe this area? Sometimes using a baby wipe will help to clean the area.

If, however, after you clean it, you are still noticing a smell in the days following, then it's possible that there is an infection either in the anal glands or in the surrounding area. If you are noticing this, then I would definitely have your vet take a look.

Diarrhea and then death. My question is about the death of our Daisy Mae. We are staying in South Padre... (41150 views)

Soft yellow stools and weight loss Sorry that this is long, but I want to give ALL details in case it helps. I... (44944 views)

Cat attacked by dog. My cat lulu was just attacked by a dog today....i'm a new mommy...and currently... (7962 views)

Dogs, cats and bio-oil. Hi, Dr. Marie: I have a question for you regarding a product called Bio Oil. I... (32412 views)

Take temperature orally? My dog is recovering from pretty serious surgery. I am supposed to be taking his... (34854 views)

Blood in urine. I have taken my dog to 2 vets, and had numerous tests. I noticed she was peeing... (6985 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in puppy. Lady is almost 5 months now, she's a typical Aussie puppy. She lives with me, my... (10317 views)

Bumps near mouth and chin. My cat has some bumps near his mouth and they are red and itchy. Do you know what... (19224 views)

Black spot on side of hamster. My hamster is about 2 years old and has always had a black spot on the right side of... (73433 views)

My dog wants to sniff everything. I have miniature schnauzer who refuses to poop in “timely manner outside. I take... (12968 views)