White bumps on anus.

Breed: Calico
I know you are quite busy with all your other questions and I am sorry to disturb you. This question may be a bit gross, but... My cat well, she has 3 white small bumps on her butt. They almost look like small pimples. She has smelt really bad too. I would take her to the clinic, but she doesn't act sick. She eats her food, drinks her water, and her bathroom times is totally normal. She acts completely fine except she has a strange odor. I was wondering if this could be a bad or even contagious disease? Should I be worried about this? Should I take her to the clinic? Thanks for taking the time to read my questions. Have a great day.

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see El Gato.

My first thought was that you may be seeing the ducts for her anal glands. These glands can occasionally leak fluid that does indeed smell quite bad. Will she let you wipe this area? Sometimes using a baby wipe will help to clean the area.

If, however, after you clean it, you are still noticing a smell in the days following, then it's possible that there is an infection either in the anal glands or in the surrounding area. If you are noticing this, then I would definitely have your vet take a look.

Fontline and Advantix. My I treated my dog with Frontline Plus 2 weeks ago and it's not preventing ticks... (8152 views)

Pig ears and diarrhea. Hi, My dog gets occasional diarrhea, like twice a week maybe, I had to take her... (14289 views)

Antibiotics for stuffed up nose. Hello again Dr. Marie, writing again about our dog Sparky and have some questions.... (5995 views)

Alternative to Sentinel Molly has been on Sentinel forever....now it's been recalled...I have 2 months worth... (10957 views)

MRI for trouble standing? My dog Odie is paralyzed on the right side. No symptoms, no warnings, one night we... (10898 views)

Non itchy bald spots. She has 3 bald spots on her head and 2-3 more around her body. Took her to the vet... (16091 views)

9 month old puppy pregnant? My puppy is only 9 months old and she was in heat for her first time. Her father was... (35459 views)

Clindamycin overdose? I have been caring for Sox, a feral. Awhile back Sox started coughing on and off... (8263 views)

Coughing older dog. Parker is a slightly smaller than average Wheaten mix who has been overweight most... (5776 views)

Abscess or Cancer? My 8 year old shih tzu had raptured disks surgery five months ago. He was on wheel... (9084 views)