White bumps on anus.

Breed: Calico
I know you are quite busy with all your other questions and I am sorry to disturb you. This question may be a bit gross, but... My cat well, she has 3 white small bumps on her butt. They almost look like small pimples. She has smelt really bad too. I would take her to the clinic, but she doesn't act sick. She eats her food, drinks her water, and her bathroom times is totally normal. She acts completely fine except she has a strange odor. I was wondering if this could be a bad or even contagious disease? Should I be worried about this? Should I take her to the clinic? Thanks for taking the time to read my questions. Have a great day.

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see El Gato.

My first thought was that you may be seeing the ducts for her anal glands. These glands can occasionally leak fluid that does indeed smell quite bad. Will she let you wipe this area? Sometimes using a baby wipe will help to clean the area.

If, however, after you clean it, you are still noticing a smell in the days following, then it's possible that there is an infection either in the anal glands or in the surrounding area. If you are noticing this, then I would definitely have your vet take a look.

Very sick kitty. just found you, wish we had found you earlier. maybe kitty will still be with us... (5007 views)

Died after grooming. Hi, my puppy recently died and was wondering if you could help me, she had a trip to... (8390 views)

Best cloth bedding for guinea pigs. I wanted to make a new bed for my guinea pig's house (her "nest"). Are there any... (7987 views)

Cat died suddenly. Our cat just passed away suddenly last night. She was about 4 years old, and... (9677 views)

Kitten not pooping. Hi Dr. Marie. I recently just brought a young kitten home and he is probably 4... (10542 views)

Trouble breathing and died. my beloved cat mr whippy died recently and i am breaking my heart thinking i could... (9372 views)

Can dog get Hepatitis C? can dogs contract hep c from biting someone that has it? ... (26122 views)

Dog has hotspots from fleas. In August my dog started scratching and biting creating hotspots. She has been... (8228 views)

What are these little brown bugs. hi um my puppy named chesley is 6-8 months andi just got her recently i cant remeber... (21461 views)

dog with bumps on head My dog has 2-3 little lumps on her head, She is smooothe coated, You can feel them... (26463 views)