White bumps on anus.

Breed: Calico
I know you are quite busy with all your other questions and I am sorry to disturb you. This question may be a bit gross, but... My cat well, she has 3 white small bumps on her butt. They almost look like small pimples. She has smelt really bad too. I would take her to the clinic, but she doesn't act sick. She eats her food, drinks her water, and her bathroom times is totally normal. She acts completely fine except she has a strange odor. I was wondering if this could be a bad or even contagious disease? Should I be worried about this? Should I take her to the clinic? Thanks for taking the time to read my questions. Have a great day.

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see El Gato.

My first thought was that you may be seeing the ducts for her anal glands. These glands can occasionally leak fluid that does indeed smell quite bad. Will she let you wipe this area? Sometimes using a baby wipe will help to clean the area.

If, however, after you clean it, you are still noticing a smell in the days following, then it's possible that there is an infection either in the anal glands or in the surrounding area. If you are noticing this, then I would definitely have your vet take a look.

Bumps on bulldog. Dr. Marie, Rocky has been having a series of hives over the past few weeks, which... (16614 views)

Dog ate moldy corn. My 4 month old, 20 lb. standard poodle may have eaten very moldy creamed corn from a... (46332 views)

Breeding big and little dog. i have a year and a half old female jack russell/rat terrier cross that is in heat... (8553 views)

Dog is licking where he was neutered. my dog is licking where he was neutered 3 years ago help asap... (8066 views)

Trembling head - distemper? Hi there This is the issue with my little puppy. I picked him up alone from... (6919 views)

Can't lift tail. my Golden Retriever's tail doesn't lift up like it normally does. She can still wag... (15525 views)

Prognosis if dog has pulmonary edema. Hello Dr. Marie, I´m from Brazil, so, first of all I´m sorry about my poor... (12318 views)

Dog died suddenly. My dog Piper, suddenly died today for no apparent reason. She has been... (19665 views)

Guinea pig losing teeth. its mouth is sore and can only chew mashed up food its loosing his teeth to its not... (8960 views)

Hungry and losing weight. Our 17 year old indoor cat, one of two from the same litter, has always been skinny,... (12282 views)