White bumps on anus.

Breed: Calico
I know you are quite busy with all your other questions and I am sorry to disturb you. This question may be a bit gross, but... My cat well, she has 3 white small bumps on her butt. They almost look like small pimples. She has smelt really bad too. I would take her to the clinic, but she doesn't act sick. She eats her food, drinks her water, and her bathroom times is totally normal. She acts completely fine except she has a strange odor. I was wondering if this could be a bad or even contagious disease? Should I be worried about this? Should I take her to the clinic? Thanks for taking the time to read my questions. Have a great day.

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see El Gato.

My first thought was that you may be seeing the ducts for her anal glands. These glands can occasionally leak fluid that does indeed smell quite bad. Will she let you wipe this area? Sometimes using a baby wipe will help to clean the area.

If, however, after you clean it, you are still noticing a smell in the days following, then it's possible that there is an infection either in the anal glands or in the surrounding area. If you are noticing this, then I would definitely have your vet take a look.

Urinating outside of box. Hi Marie, We spoke briefly this morning about my cat. As I said this morning,... (7949 views)

Cat has an itchy head. Hello, my cat's head is very itchy. She has been wearing a e-collar for a year... (9182 views)

Dog bite wound. Dear Doctor, with my dog one day ago happend accident, he was in fight with another... (5228 views)

Itchy legs. Kirsty was diagnosed with a skin allergey just after one year which has been... (4306 views)

Very sick dog. My dog can't poop and won't eat. He also has puss-like infection coming from his... (9251 views)

Dog drinks every 20 minutes. I have a 10 year old chihuahua and she is drinking alot of water...she is eating... (16370 views)

Incontinent kitten. Hi there! I have a kitten who was found in a drain at about 3 weeks. The vets at... (10707 views)

Lab not eating. My 13 yr old Lab, Dylan, who has NEVER turned her nose up at any kind of food, has... (21488 views)

Abscess on dog's neck. We have been keeping an eye on a hard lump on my boxers upper neck, by ear. It... (35859 views)

Tick Borne Disease. I took my dog to the vet on both Friday and Saturday. He has a fever. He has a... (9390 views)