White bumps on anus.

Breed: Calico
I know you are quite busy with all your other questions and I am sorry to disturb you. This question may be a bit gross, but... My cat well, she has 3 white small bumps on her butt. They almost look like small pimples. She has smelt really bad too. I would take her to the clinic, but she doesn't act sick. She eats her food, drinks her water, and her bathroom times is totally normal. She acts completely fine except she has a strange odor. I was wondering if this could be a bad or even contagious disease? Should I be worried about this? Should I take her to the clinic? Thanks for taking the time to read my questions. Have a great day.

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see El Gato.

My first thought was that you may be seeing the ducts for her anal glands. These glands can occasionally leak fluid that does indeed smell quite bad. Will she let you wipe this area? Sometimes using a baby wipe will help to clean the area.

If, however, after you clean it, you are still noticing a smell in the days following, then it's possible that there is an infection either in the anal glands or in the surrounding area. If you are noticing this, then I would definitely have your vet take a look.

Cat has a swelling with pus. Hi my name is Retief you see a couple of weeks ago a friend told me my cat fell out... (7007 views)

Grade 4 heart murmur. I brought my cat to the vet because his ear was bothering him the other day. Now it... (16396 views)

Puppy has soft stools. Background: Junior is a rescue. My first dog ever. I got him about 1 month ago,... (8006 views)

Balding on legs and belly. My cat is bald on the back of her legs and losing hair on her belly as... (10650 views)

Normal to cry when put to sleep? Two weeks ago I put my 18 and three quarter year old dog Bertie to sleep. He would... (17910 views)

My cat died. My cat was found dead by a neighbour on a grass verge about 10ft from the road on... (10414 views)

Dog doesn't like u/d For a dog that has once needed to have surgery to have bladder stones removed do you... (19178 views)

Swollen eye in older cat. Hello - I have a 13-yr cat with renal issues (diagnosed 2 yrs ago) - but she has... (7831 views)

Healthy weight for a puppy. My papipoo recently had a haircut and I was shocked at how skinny he is. What is a... (9474 views)

Fever and dizziness in older dog. Dear Dr. Marie, Kodi is a 15 years old Labrador, he is very active and love to... (4752 views)