See the vet for dog bite?

Breed: Schnauzer
Daisy was bitten my my other dog in 2 places. It bled moderately and I gently bathed her and patted over the area with Watkins Burn Creme with 2.5% Lidocaine because the areas would cause her to wince when I handled her. She is quiet and staying in a corner and I had planned to cut the hair around the bites in the morning to be able to see the bites better.Should I bring her in for stiches or other treatment.The bleeding seems to have slowed down/stopped. Her hair is long so it is not easy to see the bites but I did manage a look and it seems as though one of the bites was through the first layer of skin and about 1 inch long.She is about 20 pounds and is a shnauzer-type terrier. She is in good health other than this incident.

I'm sorry to hear that Daisy was bitten by another dog. Those are always frightening situations.

I would definitely recommend having your vet look at Daisy. Often wounds can look not so bad on the surface but be very deep below. I've seen some dogs that looked like they had a minor puncture, but when thoroughly examined the wound extended very far and definitely needed stitches.

Also, even if this is just a minor surface wound, because it happened from a bite there is a high chance of infection even with local treatment. It is much much better to get Daisy on some oral antibiotics now rather than later. If we wait too long and it gets infected then you could have a serious surgery on your hands.

Your vet will have a good look at the wound and advise you on whether it needs to be stitched or whether antibiotics should be given.

I concur. On my way to the vet now with Daisy having been bathed and fur around wounds. Thank you Dr. Marie.

Coughing and liver problems. Hi there! We are hoping that you can lend us some advice with our baby. Our... (13397 views)

Cat vomited 5 times. I came home this morning and i found about 5 vomit spots in my living room. when i... (41458 views)

Why did my dog die? I have a query re. cause of death in older dog. She was a Yorkshire Terrier,... (29869 views)

Rogain toxic to dogs? Hello. Thank you for taking the time to read and answer my question. I have... (25043 views)

Dog ate absorbent chicken pad. My dog just ate one of those absorbent pads from a chicken meat tray......would this... (77247 views)

Hind end pain in beagle. I'm wondering if we need a set of fresh eyes about this ongoing situation, perhaps a... (18978 views)

Kitten died. Hello I work at the humane society. We recently adopted out a 13 week old long... (8327 views)

Strange cat behavior. I've looked a bit online and have not quite found everything my cat is doing. I have... (51880 views)

Dog with bad breath. im from philippines, i really sleep at bed every night with my dog.the problem is, i... (10660 views)

Trifexis overdose. My approx 4-5lb teacup Pomeranian ate HALF of the Trifexis meant for a 60-120lb dog... (5458 views)