See the vet for dog bite?

Breed: Schnauzer
Daisy was bitten my my other dog in 2 places. It bled moderately and I gently bathed her and patted over the area with Watkins Burn Creme with 2.5% Lidocaine because the areas would cause her to wince when I handled her. She is quiet and staying in a corner and I had planned to cut the hair around the bites in the morning to be able to see the bites better.Should I bring her in for stiches or other treatment.The bleeding seems to have slowed down/stopped. Her hair is long so it is not easy to see the bites but I did manage a look and it seems as though one of the bites was through the first layer of skin and about 1 inch long.She is about 20 pounds and is a shnauzer-type terrier. She is in good health other than this incident.

I'm sorry to hear that Daisy was bitten by another dog. Those are always frightening situations.

I would definitely recommend having your vet look at Daisy. Often wounds can look not so bad on the surface but be very deep below. I've seen some dogs that looked like they had a minor puncture, but when thoroughly examined the wound extended very far and definitely needed stitches.

Also, even if this is just a minor surface wound, because it happened from a bite there is a high chance of infection even with local treatment. It is much much better to get Daisy on some oral antibiotics now rather than later. If we wait too long and it gets infected then you could have a serious surgery on your hands.

Your vet will have a good look at the wound and advise you on whether it needs to be stitched or whether antibiotics should be given.

I concur. On my way to the vet now with Daisy having been bathed and fur around wounds. Thank you Dr. Marie.

Black spot or scab on dog's nose. Hello I noticed a few days ago my beagle has a black bump above his snout, my sister... (35544 views)

Cat is despondent. My cat is despondent. I don't think she's sick. I'll try anything to get some life... (6119 views)

Older dog losing weight. I have Sheppard/Lab mixed breed about 13 years old. She is a large dog and has been... (74227 views)

Breed dog on next heat? I am interested in breeding my dog when she comes in to heat. What do I need to... (8628 views)

Floppy ear in German Shepherd. Hello my name is nick and i have a purebred west german shepherd from working lines.... (22694 views)

Getting a second guinea pig. So I have a male guinea pig and one of my friends can't keep hers so she is gonna... (7981 views)

Round spot on cat's leg. He has a bald patch high on his leg. we considered it might be ringworm but the... (7474 views)

Kidney problems in ferret. Hi there, I am the owner of a ferret male, 2.5 years old, who in the last week,... (12054 views)

Swollen paw pad. Max has had a swollen pad(front paw...the one further up the leg) for about a week.... (14977 views)

Kitten nursing on my neck. why does my 8 to 10 month old kitty keep trying to suckle at my neck. He will not... (14463 views)