Sores on dog's leg.

Breed: Lab/Boxer
My dog recently got theses two sores on her back leg, one bigger than the other. Its not itchy or irritating it seems to her but now all of a sudden she doesn’t want to walk and if she does she is very slow moving and limping. When she is standing she has her back raised like a scared cat and she is constantly shaking. I thought it might be ringworm but don’t know why it would make her not move. I haven’t taken her to the vet yet, any suggestion before I do?

Sorry to hear that Kammo is not feeling well.

It's always hard to help with skin problems without being able to see the dog.

My first thought was that what you were describing was a hot spot which is a localized skin infection. However, usually these are really itchy, so this is not likely to be the case.

If she is painful, it is possible that this is more serious than a skin problem. It's possible that she has a fracture on the hind leg. Or, she could have cellulitis which is a painful muscle infection.

In any case, this does not sound like a simple problem that will go away on its own. I would highly recommend having your vet take a look as soon as possible.

Should cat have her teeth cleaned? My 13 year old cat recently went for a wellness vet visit at a new vet. The vet... (11776 views)

Safe fruits and vegetables for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a young cat who likes to eat certain fruit and vegetables,... (24521 views)

Dog ate toy. Yes, he's at it again. Last night, 9 pm, I bought him a toy penguine to chew on.... (112864 views)

Snorting dog My dog has been sneezing and once ina while making a coughing sound...like snoring. ... (26772 views)

GNRH implant I am asking about the GnRH implant to bring a dog into heat. MY FIRST MAIN... (13162 views)

Cat with bloody diarrhea iam also a vet from pakistan.i want to ask that if a cat has bloody diarrhoea;wat i... (7253 views)

Golden Retriever puppy diarrhea. Dr, All of a sudden last Sunday my 8 week old male Golden had two large stools... (19620 views)

Male rabbits mounting. i have just got two babay rabbits that should be both 10 weeks old male and... (42597 views)

Can a dog adapt to a new home? Hello, thanks for taking the time to review my question. Ok, here it goes...The... (8082 views)

Pregnant cat in heat? I thought Clhoe was pregnant , she went into (Heat)a month ago and was seen being...... (14336 views)