Sores on dog's leg.

Breed: Lab/Boxer
My dog recently got theses two sores on her back leg, one bigger than the other. Its not itchy or irritating it seems to her but now all of a sudden she doesn’t want to walk and if she does she is very slow moving and limping. When she is standing she has her back raised like a scared cat and she is constantly shaking. I thought it might be ringworm but don’t know why it would make her not move. I haven’t taken her to the vet yet, any suggestion before I do?

Sorry to hear that Kammo is not feeling well.

It's always hard to help with skin problems without being able to see the dog.

My first thought was that what you were describing was a hot spot which is a localized skin infection. However, usually these are really itchy, so this is not likely to be the case.

If she is painful, it is possible that this is more serious than a skin problem. It's possible that she has a fracture on the hind leg. Or, she could have cellulitis which is a painful muscle infection.

In any case, this does not sound like a simple problem that will go away on its own. I would highly recommend having your vet take a look as soon as possible.

Best flea preventive for cats. Bella is an indoor/outdoor cat; free to roam during the day, but we keep her in at... (5482 views)

Licking at private parts. I have a Indoor Male Maine Coon Cat 3 years 9mnths old, Eats 4 times a day Raw food... (11667 views)

Kitten won't get out of litter box. PLEASE HELP...MY RAGDOLL KITTEN 9 WKS OLD WONT GET OUT OF THE LITTERBOX HARDLY AT... (10334 views)

Swelling on ear. My 2 year old male beagle has a bump on his outer ear flap which resembles the post... (7604 views)

Dog has a crooked tail. We have a pure bred Staffy 5 months old. Her tail curls right over her back and... (15495 views)

Contagious diarrhea? please bare with me as this is gonna be kind of long... about 2 weeks ago i had... (7593 views)

Black sore near anus. Hello Dr.Marie (I am SO grateful for you!), I have had my two dogs (same breeder)... (47365 views)

Home treatment for abscess. My cat had an abscess I didnt know about until it blew 4 days ago. I have cut away... (9181 views)

Can't bear weight. This isn't my pet, it is my sister in law's pet. Over the past few months, the dog... (7649 views)

Ear cropping for boxers? should a boxers ear be cut off or let them grow? and my pets name is not any of your... (8857 views)