Sores on dog's leg.

Breed: Lab/Boxer
My dog recently got theses two sores on her back leg, one bigger than the other. Its not itchy or irritating it seems to her but now all of a sudden she doesn’t want to walk and if she does she is very slow moving and limping. When she is standing she has her back raised like a scared cat and she is constantly shaking. I thought it might be ringworm but don’t know why it would make her not move. I haven’t taken her to the vet yet, any suggestion before I do?

Sorry to hear that Kammo is not feeling well.

It's always hard to help with skin problems without being able to see the dog.

My first thought was that what you were describing was a hot spot which is a localized skin infection. However, usually these are really itchy, so this is not likely to be the case.

If she is painful, it is possible that this is more serious than a skin problem. It's possible that she has a fracture on the hind leg. Or, she could have cellulitis which is a painful muscle infection.

In any case, this does not sound like a simple problem that will go away on its own. I would highly recommend having your vet take a look as soon as possible.

Hill's k/d for bladder stones Nigel developed kidney stones and had surgery to removed them and re-route the... (8704 views)

Flea Allergy Hello Shelby has two to three spots that she has been licking and chewing on by... (11879 views)

Pathology report for mammary tumor. Shelby recently had her mammary gland removed as she had multiple tumors. This... (9473 views)

Coughing shih tzu. Louie has always gagged after drinking water, often clear watery mucous comes up. ... (24662 views)

Why did my kitten die? I came home last night to find my kitten laying dead in her kennel. We rescued her... (11762 views)

Not eating or using litter box. about 4 or 5 days ago my cat stopped eating and using the bethroom for about 2 days.... (14163 views)

Dog scratching and biting. My dog has recently started scratching and biting at himself excessively, I have... (18417 views)

Tapazole not working. Miss Kitty who is spayed and about 13 yrs old (we rescued her) was recently... (8491 views)

dog with red eye Hello, I have a 2 year old male lab pit mix, fr a couple his left eye has been... (23177 views)

Panting at night on steroids. my 12 year old black lab is on steroids for an auto immune disease and the medicine... (7096 views)