Sores on dog's leg.

Breed: Lab/Boxer
My dog recently got theses two sores on her back leg, one bigger than the other. Its not itchy or irritating it seems to her but now all of a sudden she doesn’t want to walk and if she does she is very slow moving and limping. When she is standing she has her back raised like a scared cat and she is constantly shaking. I thought it might be ringworm but don’t know why it would make her not move. I haven’t taken her to the vet yet, any suggestion before I do?

Sorry to hear that Kammo is not feeling well.

It's always hard to help with skin problems without being able to see the dog.

My first thought was that what you were describing was a hot spot which is a localized skin infection. However, usually these are really itchy, so this is not likely to be the case.

If she is painful, it is possible that this is more serious than a skin problem. It's possible that she has a fracture on the hind leg. Or, she could have cellulitis which is a painful muscle infection.

In any case, this does not sound like a simple problem that will go away on its own. I would highly recommend having your vet take a look as soon as possible.

Using elastic to remove lump. Rusty was diagnose with "cancer" after giving birth 4 years ago. It was recommended... (8335 views)

Dog can't move tail. My dog's tail is bent at the base and it is almost as if she can't move it. It seems... (12375 views)

Cat not eating since new kitten arrived. My cat's behavior has changed quite a bit and won't eat. I will explain when he... (25942 views)

Boxer having seizures. Questions about seizures and MRI. Hello, My question is VERY similar to the... (8485 views)

Cat died suddenly. Hi and thank you for your time My son met me at the door in tears as 1.5 year old... (8014 views)

Milk for cat? Is milk good for a one month old... (7881 views)

Red sores in front of cat's ear. Hi Dr. Haynes Thank you for offering this service and reviewing my question. My... (56963 views)

Type of clippers? I need to know what kind or brand of trimmer to use on my rough coat Collie. Tried... (11262 views)

Dog drinking and panting lots. my dog has been drinking and panting a lot since i changed his dog food last summer.... (13652 views)

Does my cat have a hernia? Hi, My cat was operated on Thursday. My vet suspected that there may have been a... (25715 views)