Sores on dog's leg.

Breed: Lab/Boxer
My dog recently got theses two sores on her back leg, one bigger than the other. Its not itchy or irritating it seems to her but now all of a sudden she doesn’t want to walk and if she does she is very slow moving and limping. When she is standing she has her back raised like a scared cat and she is constantly shaking. I thought it might be ringworm but don’t know why it would make her not move. I haven’t taken her to the vet yet, any suggestion before I do?

Sorry to hear that Kammo is not feeling well.

It's always hard to help with skin problems without being able to see the dog.

My first thought was that what you were describing was a hot spot which is a localized skin infection. However, usually these are really itchy, so this is not likely to be the case.

If she is painful, it is possible that this is more serious than a skin problem. It's possible that she has a fracture on the hind leg. Or, she could have cellulitis which is a painful muscle infection.

In any case, this does not sound like a simple problem that will go away on its own. I would highly recommend having your vet take a look as soon as possible.

Dog ate acorn Dear Dr. Marie: Back again! While on a walk tonight, Jammy may have gotten a bit... (101419 views)

Old dog with mammary lump Gizmo, our shihtzu is naturally slowing due to age- her hearing is gone - her sight... (10725 views)

Tresaderm causing seizure? Hi, I have a special-needs 6 year old cat that was born with a neurological... (7092 views)

Diarrhea after having puppies. is it nomal for a dog to have the runs after giving birth to 11 puppies a week... (25894 views)

Diarrhea and vomiting. My cat has had a problem with gassy diarrhea and vomiting over the past 3 weeks. My... (9552 views)

Dog vomiting clear mucus and white foam. My dog continues to throw up a clear mucus with white foam. He is still very... (19984 views)

Kitten with diarrhea. My cat is being lethargic her poop is runny she isnt eating much or drinking much... (6917 views)

Lump under dog's eye? Hello, A couple days ago I noticed a red-pink bump under my dog's right eye. It... (29334 views)

Swollen eyelid. My dog had one lower eyelid swollen inside. I discover this after she had... (18166 views)

Human mouthwash for dog? Can I give my dog diluted mouthwash (regular people mouthwash) I want to mix a... (21327 views)