Sick cat after teeth cleaning.

Breed: short hair tabby
she had her teeth cleaned on march 1st...came home..she was woozy from anesthesia....slept too long on her side...limping...took her back to vet...they found out she was pre-diabetic...started her on diabetic cat food... was walking fine...over the last few days... no interest in eating...vomited green liquid...at least twice...sneezing a great deal...offered her her favorite food...walks away...took her to vet today...she said her sugar was goood...not dehydrated...could not feel a obstruction...she said to offer yogurt,baby food...no interest..cyroheptadine 2mg was ordered...i crushed it...dissolved it in water...gave it to her...she vomited a pile of mucous...i saw her urinate when i brought her home...she lost a pound and a half since march 1st....she finnished her amoxil on the weekend for her teeth...her temperature was slighty elevated...i do not know the exact number....can you please help me ...i love my cat very much thank you

Oh my...I am sorry to hear that Stripes is having such a hard time after her dentistry. This is definitely not normal.

It sounds like she may need to go on intravenous fluids, especially if she has no interest in food. The iv fluids should help her to feel better, but they do need to be administered in the hospital.

Has your vet done a full set of bloodwork since these symptoms appeared? One of the possible worries is if she had low blood pressure under anesthetic it is possible that she has suffered some kidney damage. The good news is that most of the time this type of thing can be reversed by giving IV fluids.

If you have any bloodwork results feel free to post them here and I can comment on them.

You may also want to consider having her tested for feline leukemia and FIV. Either of these viruses can cause a cat to have an immune system that does not respond well to infections or sicknesses.

If your vet does not seem to be taking your pleas for help seriously it may be a good idea to seek a second opinion from another vet. They can examine your girl and give an unbiased opinion on what is happening.

I wish I could offer you some advice on what you can do at home but you are doing the right things so far.

I really hope she does ok.

Not eating and tired cat. My kitty is a very playful cat. Runs, jumps and cuddles all day long. He is looking... (49003 views)

Did I do the right thing? Hello, I have been grieving because a few days ago I had my cat euthanized. I am... (27362 views)

How long after flea treatment will my dog stop scratching? We adopted a female german shepherd husky mix. She is about 9 months old and 35... (86684 views)

Cat's foot is swollen. His left back foot is swollen and his paw. Ever since it was swollen he has been... (6701 views)

Swollen hip. I am so worried about my dog Holly. I think she may have hip dysplasia. Her hip is... (9621 views)

Runny eyes in a persian. Hi there I just recently got Chewey who is a extreme flat face persian and his eyes... (17837 views)

Abscess or Cancer? My 8 year old shih tzu had raptured disks surgery five months ago. He was on wheel... (7594 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi, I got Winston when he was just 5 weeks old and he's just a little over 4... (7748 views)

Cat doesn't want to move. My cats bio: July was infested with fleas. Took two months to totally rid them from... (4966 views)

Coughing dog. Hi, We have talked before. Trixie is 13 years old and has had kidney issues. I... (15827 views)