Sick cat after teeth cleaning.

Breed: short hair tabby
she had her teeth cleaned on march 1st...came home..she was woozy from anesthesia....slept too long on her side...limping...took her back to vet...they found out she was pre-diabetic...started her on diabetic cat food... was walking fine...over the last few days... no interest in eating...vomited green liquid...at least twice...sneezing a great deal...offered her her favorite food...walks away...took her to vet today...she said her sugar was goood...not dehydrated...could not feel a obstruction...she said to offer yogurt,baby food...no interest..cyroheptadine 2mg was ordered...i crushed it...dissolved it in water...gave it to her...she vomited a pile of mucous...i saw her urinate when i brought her home...she lost a pound and a half since march 1st....she finnished her amoxil on the weekend for her teeth...her temperature was slighty elevated...i do not know the exact number....can you please help me ...i love my cat very much thank you

Oh my...I am sorry to hear that Stripes is having such a hard time after her dentistry. This is definitely not normal.

It sounds like she may need to go on intravenous fluids, especially if she has no interest in food. The iv fluids should help her to feel better, but they do need to be administered in the hospital.

Has your vet done a full set of bloodwork since these symptoms appeared? One of the possible worries is if she had low blood pressure under anesthetic it is possible that she has suffered some kidney damage. The good news is that most of the time this type of thing can be reversed by giving IV fluids.

If you have any bloodwork results feel free to post them here and I can comment on them.

You may also want to consider having her tested for feline leukemia and FIV. Either of these viruses can cause a cat to have an immune system that does not respond well to infections or sicknesses.

If your vet does not seem to be taking your pleas for help seriously it may be a good idea to seek a second opinion from another vet. They can examine your girl and give an unbiased opinion on what is happening.

I wish I could offer you some advice on what you can do at home but you are doing the right things so far.

I really hope she does ok.

Swollen vulva. "I have a female Rat Terrier who is 6 months old and I was wondering if its normal... (32272 views)

Cat with bump on skin. My 5 year old cat has a small bump on the back of his neck. It moves with the skin... (11421 views)

Torn nail problem. my dog hooked her nail last saturday and broke the nail off very short and was... (11930 views)

Fishy smell from dog. My boston terrier puts off a fishy smell. It doesn't happen all the time, but... (31638 views)

Paralyzed chihuahua My Dog Was Lost For 2 days and i found him 12-11-10 at 4pm curled up in a ball... (9531 views)

Dog can't move tail. My dog's tail is bent at the base and it is almost as if she can't move it. It seems... (11419 views)

Blood in poop. Hi There, I found a few drops of blood last night in and near my puppies poo. Not... (54317 views)

Female dog humping. My female pit bull everyday, anytime I lay down on my couch or bed, she jumps up on... (8872 views)

Mast Cell tumor? This past Saturday afternoon I was petting my dog and I noticed a small bump under... (22334 views)

Red spots under arms and legs. my dog has red spots under her arms and now on her legs what could it be... (13811 views)