Sick cat after teeth cleaning.

Breed: short hair tabby
she had her teeth cleaned on march 1st...came home..she was woozy from anesthesia....slept too long on her side...limping...took her back to vet...they found out she was pre-diabetic...started her on diabetic cat food... was walking fine...over the last few days... no interest in eating...vomited green liquid...at least twice...sneezing a great deal...offered her her favorite food...walks away...took her to vet today...she said her sugar was goood...not dehydrated...could not feel a obstruction...she said to offer yogurt,baby food...no interest..cyroheptadine 2mg was ordered...i crushed it...dissolved it in water...gave it to her...she vomited a pile of mucous...i saw her urinate when i brought her home...she lost a pound and a half since march 1st....she finnished her amoxil on the weekend for her teeth...her temperature was slighty elevated...i do not know the exact number....can you please help me ...i love my cat very much thank you

Oh my...I am sorry to hear that Stripes is having such a hard time after her dentistry. This is definitely not normal.

It sounds like she may need to go on intravenous fluids, especially if she has no interest in food. The iv fluids should help her to feel better, but they do need to be administered in the hospital.

Has your vet done a full set of bloodwork since these symptoms appeared? One of the possible worries is if she had low blood pressure under anesthetic it is possible that she has suffered some kidney damage. The good news is that most of the time this type of thing can be reversed by giving IV fluids.

If you have any bloodwork results feel free to post them here and I can comment on them.

You may also want to consider having her tested for feline leukemia and FIV. Either of these viruses can cause a cat to have an immune system that does not respond well to infections or sicknesses.

If your vet does not seem to be taking your pleas for help seriously it may be a good idea to seek a second opinion from another vet. They can examine your girl and give an unbiased opinion on what is happening.

I wish I could offer you some advice on what you can do at home but you are doing the right things so far.

I really hope she does ok.

Sick Yorkie Buddy has been acting sick for about a week, being lethargic and unresponsive,... (5075 views)

Bruising after blood collection. I took my dog to get some shots earlier today and to get some tests done. They drew... (25024 views)

Cat losing fur. Hi Why is my cats fur on his back all falling off in large clumps, other than that... (21899 views)

Ivermectin toxicity? Help! I think that I am accidentally poisoning my boy 4 year old by giving him... (15137 views)

Multiple lumps on dog. hi, i have found a hard lump under the skin of my dog, it's by his ribs it does... (9520 views)

Young cat died after sneezing. I run a very small rescue. I have about 10 cat cages that I utilize. I had four... (7418 views)

Wobbly cavalier during pregnancy. Hi, we have a female 3 year old cavalier king charles spaniel. she is 5 weeks... (9271 views)

Did laundry soap cause seizures? two week ago my dog was covered in Laundry Detergent. My had it everywhere, even... (9641 views)

How to get a guinea pig to lose weight Hi Dr. Marie: Recently I took my sow guinea pig Squeaky to have her nails trimmed.... (4461 views)

Toxoplasmosis and pregnancy. Hi there, Ive recently found out I am pregnant (6 weeks) and wanted some advice... (13904 views)