Sick cat after teeth cleaning.

Breed: short hair tabby
she had her teeth cleaned on march 1st...came home..she was woozy from anesthesia....slept too long on her side...limping...took her back to vet...they found out she was pre-diabetic...started her on diabetic cat food... was walking fine...over the last few days... no interest in eating...vomited green liquid...at least twice...sneezing a great deal...offered her her favorite food...walks away...took her to vet today...she said her sugar was goood...not dehydrated...could not feel a obstruction...she said to offer yogurt,baby food...no interest..cyroheptadine 2mg was ordered...i crushed it...dissolved it in water...gave it to her...she vomited a pile of mucous...i saw her urinate when i brought her home...she lost a pound and a half since march 1st....she finnished her amoxil on the weekend for her teeth...her temperature was slighty elevated...i do not know the exact number....can you please help me ...i love my cat very much thank you

Oh my...I am sorry to hear that Stripes is having such a hard time after her dentistry. This is definitely not normal.

It sounds like she may need to go on intravenous fluids, especially if she has no interest in food. The iv fluids should help her to feel better, but they do need to be administered in the hospital.

Has your vet done a full set of bloodwork since these symptoms appeared? One of the possible worries is if she had low blood pressure under anesthetic it is possible that she has suffered some kidney damage. The good news is that most of the time this type of thing can be reversed by giving IV fluids.

If you have any bloodwork results feel free to post them here and I can comment on them.

You may also want to consider having her tested for feline leukemia and FIV. Either of these viruses can cause a cat to have an immune system that does not respond well to infections or sicknesses.

If your vet does not seem to be taking your pleas for help seriously it may be a good idea to seek a second opinion from another vet. They can examine your girl and give an unbiased opinion on what is happening.

I wish I could offer you some advice on what you can do at home but you are doing the right things so far.

I really hope she does ok.

Positive leishmaniasis test. my dog has just had a blood test result for leishmans the result is 0.1 and requires... (8585 views)

Eye out of socket. MY PUPPY JUST GOT BIT BY A LARGE DOG IN THE LEFT EYE. THE EYE LOOKS LIKE ITS OUT OF... (10864 views)

Dog was limping and death. My dog was favoring his left front leg and he is an outside dog with lots of energy,... (15254 views)

Swollen feet. hey doctor, i have a weimarner....for the last 1 year he has been continuously... (7325 views)

Kitten nursing on my neck. why does my 8 to 10 month old kitty keep trying to suckle at my neck. He will not... (15777 views)

Cooked garlic safety? I have 2 dogs. An 8 pound shipoo and a 20 pound mini shnauzer. The shipoo has... (7375 views)

Heartworm and MDR1 I rrecently had both dogs genotyped for MDR1 mutation and both are positive. Bella... (7341 views)

Not eating or drinking because lonely? i have a puppy i've had her in the backyard now my sister had an inspection at her... (8340 views)

Chronic cat diarrhea. I had emailed you several times regarding my cat Bandit in December and January.... (7236 views)

Cloudy eye with blood. My dog has what seemed to be pink eye but the blood has seeped into the iris. There... (9969 views)