Pregnant cat question.

Breed: not sure
Back in March approx. around the 9th my cat Faith went into heat. During this time she managed to escape and we caught her with a male cat. Now here it is 2 months later and she clearly exhibits the signs of pregnancy. (This isn't her first pregnancy) However, about 2 days ago she started acting strange. Kind of like she is in heat, butt up, wiggling around if you pet it, meowing a little. These things go on for periods of time no longer than usually 20 mins at a time and then she acts pregnant again. My question is this normal? Her first pregnancy she didn't do this..Should we be concerned? I did notice what I assume are the kittens still moving around today but now I am questioning if she is really pregnant? Help???

Thanks for an interesting question. From what you've described, it really does sound like your girl is pregnant.

A pregnant cat will not show signs of heat, but what she's doing could simply be signs of her "feeling good" because of pregnancy hormones.

If she wasn't pregnant, she could be having a false pregnancy, but it really doesn't sound like it. When dogs have a false pregnancy they can get a large bally and mammary development. But cats don't usually get these symptoms. And, cats don't go into heat when they have a false pregnancy, so this really wouldn't make sense if we thought she was exhibiting heat signs.

Does she haev mild in her mammary glands? You should be able to tell quite easily by giving them a little squeeze. If so, then this is a great sign of pregnancy.

I would guess that you will have little babies in the house soon!

Swelling inside leg. I got my beagle from a beagle rescue, so I don't know too much about her background... (28357 views)

Dog bleeding from nose and died. This might seem unnecessary and irrelevant now, but maybe even shedding a little... (74596 views)

Pooping and peeing outside of box. I own two cats and they're both litter box trained but today my oldest cat pooped... (8735 views)

Urinary problems and fleas. hi dr i have 2 cockers a male and a female both are house broken but thay been... (9143 views)

Pregnancy test for dogs? How can I tell if my dog is pregnant? She was with a male dog yesterday and I think... (20386 views)

My dog is grieving. Good Day Dr. In March of 2011 we lost Lucy (Coton du Tulear) to heart disease. ... (16167 views)

Hamster has crusty eye. my hamster is 2 years old and a week ago i noticed his right eye has crusted over i... (10286 views)

Hip dysplasia and arthritis. Hello, My dog Jasmine is about 13 & 1/2 years old. We live in New York City. I... (14397 views)

Blind, deaf and no sense of smell. Jack was diagnosed as hyperthyroid in February and has been on methimazole since... (8154 views)

Two kittens limping. Yesterday my two indoor 6 month old cats started limping and favoring their dominant... (7605 views)