Pregnant cat question.

Breed: not sure
Back in March approx. around the 9th my cat Faith went into heat. During this time she managed to escape and we caught her with a male cat. Now here it is 2 months later and she clearly exhibits the signs of pregnancy. (This isn't her first pregnancy) However, about 2 days ago she started acting strange. Kind of like she is in heat, butt up, wiggling around if you pet it, meowing a little. These things go on for periods of time no longer than usually 20 mins at a time and then she acts pregnant again. My question is this normal? Her first pregnancy she didn't do this..Should we be concerned? I did notice what I assume are the kittens still moving around today but now I am questioning if she is really pregnant? Help???

Thanks for an interesting question. From what you've described, it really does sound like your girl is pregnant.

A pregnant cat will not show signs of heat, but what she's doing could simply be signs of her "feeling good" because of pregnancy hormones.

If she wasn't pregnant, she could be having a false pregnancy, but it really doesn't sound like it. When dogs have a false pregnancy they can get a large bally and mammary development. But cats don't usually get these symptoms. And, cats don't go into heat when they have a false pregnancy, so this really wouldn't make sense if we thought she was exhibiting heat signs.

Does she haev mild in her mammary glands? You should be able to tell quite easily by giving them a little squeeze. If so, then this is a great sign of pregnancy.

I would guess that you will have little babies in the house soon!

Seborrheic dermatitis in Irish Setter. i have a 12yr old irish setter who has seborrheic dermatitis. she has the scaley... (10776 views)

Cat pooping in the house. hello, my name is kelly horne. we recently got a new cat, i was told she's 6... (7873 views)

URTI in cats. Hi I have got 2 cats, Xena 1,6 years and Nemo, a kitten 12 weeks. When the Nemo... (12203 views)

Milk coming out of squirrel's nose. I have an orphaned squirrel that doesn't have his eyes open yet. He has aspirated... (10502 views)

Benadryl for thunderstorms? My dog is terified of thunderstoms. Pants, tongue hanging out, eyes huge, and heart... (36997 views)

Bad breath he has bad breath is there a way to look after it without the vet... (7378 views)

Only one bowel movement. My 2 month old shih tzu only poops in the morning. He eats dog food soaked in water... (9723 views)

Dog was limping and death. My dog was favoring his left front leg and he is an outside dog with lots of energy,... (14141 views)

Sick guinea pig. hello, i need help. my guinea pig peppy is really dehydrated and really weak, today... (11933 views)

Why use jugular vein? Why would my vet take blood out of the neck (jugler (?) vein)? In most cases I've... (17291 views)