Pregnant cat question.

Breed: not sure
Back in March approx. around the 9th my cat Faith went into heat. During this time she managed to escape and we caught her with a male cat. Now here it is 2 months later and she clearly exhibits the signs of pregnancy. (This isn't her first pregnancy) However, about 2 days ago she started acting strange. Kind of like she is in heat, butt up, wiggling around if you pet it, meowing a little. These things go on for periods of time no longer than usually 20 mins at a time and then she acts pregnant again. My question is this normal? Her first pregnancy she didn't do this..Should we be concerned? I did notice what I assume are the kittens still moving around today but now I am questioning if she is really pregnant? Help???

Thanks for an interesting question. From what you've described, it really does sound like your girl is pregnant.

A pregnant cat will not show signs of heat, but what she's doing could simply be signs of her "feeling good" because of pregnancy hormones.

If she wasn't pregnant, she could be having a false pregnancy, but it really doesn't sound like it. When dogs have a false pregnancy they can get a large bally and mammary development. But cats don't usually get these symptoms. And, cats don't go into heat when they have a false pregnancy, so this really wouldn't make sense if we thought she was exhibiting heat signs.

Does she haev mild in her mammary glands? You should be able to tell quite easily by giving them a little squeeze. If so, then this is a great sign of pregnancy.

I would guess that you will have little babies in the house soon!

Symptoms of Lupus Help! owners have spent $1100 on test and everything comes back normal but Archie is... (10753 views)

Kitten got head caught in door. The kitten got its head caught in the pantry door as it was closing. It seems to... (20228 views)

Anxious at night time. Okay, So this is a slightly weird question but it is one that is extremely... (33466 views)

Maggots in guinea pig cage. Dr. Marie, I found maggots in my guinea pig cage today. what should I do? They seem... (20398 views)

Milk coming out of squirrel's nose. I have an orphaned squirrel that doesn't have his eyes open yet. He has aspirated... (11365 views)

Cat bitten by dog. My cat recently got bit by a dog. he has a huge hole on his left leg kind of toward... (6727 views)

MRI for trouble standing? My dog Odie is paralyzed on the right side. No symptoms, no warnings, one night we... (11007 views)

Quiet after dentistry. Good morning...this may be lengthy...sorry. Despite my cats advanced age of 17,... (5908 views)

older cat with itchy ears. Dear Dr Marie: For the last 3-4 weeks Emily has had itchy ears. She scratches... (10934 views)

Vomiting and bloody stool. We just took a trip, and on the last day away our dog began throwing up. We have... (15180 views)