Pregnant cat question.

Breed: not sure
Back in March approx. around the 9th my cat Faith went into heat. During this time she managed to escape and we caught her with a male cat. Now here it is 2 months later and she clearly exhibits the signs of pregnancy. (This isn't her first pregnancy) However, about 2 days ago she started acting strange. Kind of like she is in heat, butt up, wiggling around if you pet it, meowing a little. These things go on for periods of time no longer than usually 20 mins at a time and then she acts pregnant again. My question is this normal? Her first pregnancy she didn't do this..Should we be concerned? I did notice what I assume are the kittens still moving around today but now I am questioning if she is really pregnant? Help???

Thanks for an interesting question. From what you've described, it really does sound like your girl is pregnant.

A pregnant cat will not show signs of heat, but what she's doing could simply be signs of her "feeling good" because of pregnancy hormones.

If she wasn't pregnant, she could be having a false pregnancy, but it really doesn't sound like it. When dogs have a false pregnancy they can get a large bally and mammary development. But cats don't usually get these symptoms. And, cats don't go into heat when they have a false pregnancy, so this really wouldn't make sense if we thought she was exhibiting heat signs.

Does she haev mild in her mammary glands? You should be able to tell quite easily by giving them a little squeeze. If so, then this is a great sign of pregnancy.

I would guess that you will have little babies in the house soon!

Does my dog have mange? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a little 8 month old chihuahua. His name is chico and he has... (8021 views)

Mercury levels in canned tuna cat food. My cat eats a lot of tuna flavored canned cat food. I have heard that mercury in... (15796 views)

Is spinach good for dogs? Is spinach toxic for... (147121 views)

Puppy with diarrhea My 14 week old Aussie, Max, had a pretty sudden case of diarrhea, today. I took him... (13093 views)

low protein food My brother's cat, who is about 14 years old, recently got bloodwork done at the vet,... (7837 views)

Thin after back injury. A friend found a dog years ago on the side of the road with an broken back. Break... (10769 views)

Should we do surgery? Hello Dr. Marie, My cat Gus will be 15 in 3 months. We have been working with his... (9383 views)

Dog has loose stools. I adopted Levi, a beautiful and terrific champion show dog in August. I have never... (12474 views)

Why did my puppy die? Hello, I'm in the UK and I hope you can give me some idea as to why my seemingly... (10990 views)

Are raisins toxic to cats? Hello, On Monday of this week (today is Wednesday) my cat came up to me while I... (28482 views)