Bad breath in puppy.

Breed: Maltese
My two month maltese male puppy has really bad breath, what can I do?
I'm worrying something might happen to him.

At this age, if a dog has bad breath it is not likely to be anything serious. Sometimes puppies can have what I call "puppy breath". We don't know what causes it.

By about 4-5 months of age we can see teething issues and there can be some minor bleeding in the mouth which can cause bad breath. Again, this is nothing to worry about.

With that being said, if your puppy's breath is horrendously bad then a vet visit is a good idea. I had one case of a young puppy with bad breath and it turned out that he had chewed on an electrical cord and had severe infected burns inside of his mouth.

Mast Cell tumor? This past Saturday afternoon I was petting my dog and I noticed a small bump under... (25777 views)

Suddenly disoriented. our approx 8 y/o schnauzer is partially blind and partially deaf(we adopted him a yr... (31503 views)

Itchy dog. My question is long because I have to give all the background data. On May 10, 2011... (23418 views)

Sick Yorkie Buddy has been acting sick for about a week, being lethargic and unresponsive,... (6778 views)

Blood in urine My male cat has red staining to his urine, he isn't acting any different but is... (6933 views)

Drinking a lot and collapse. My boxer, Tank, has recently began drinking water excessively and then pees all over... (23602 views)

Where can I buy Tramadol? Steve has a degenerative disease.He is doing well.I give him steroids almost every... (55630 views)

Kitten with white gums. My kitten is 8 weeks old she just wants to lay around she was playing with the other... (23950 views)

Unable to walk. We put the dog outside this morning and then went out to bring him back in and found... (84644 views)

Pancreatitis and HGE. I had my Cooper put to sleep 3 weeks ago today. On the Monday before, he vomited... (42509 views)