Bad breath in puppy.

Breed: Maltese
My two month maltese male puppy has really bad breath, what can I do?
I'm worrying something might happen to him.

At this age, if a dog has bad breath it is not likely to be anything serious. Sometimes puppies can have what I call "puppy breath". We don't know what causes it.

By about 4-5 months of age we can see teething issues and there can be some minor bleeding in the mouth which can cause bad breath. Again, this is nothing to worry about.

With that being said, if your puppy's breath is horrendously bad then a vet visit is a good idea. I had one case of a young puppy with bad breath and it turned out that he had chewed on an electrical cord and had severe infected burns inside of his mouth.

Breathing heavy. Is this Asthma? I have a question about asthma and heavy breathing General background: Okara... (7903 views)

Dog ate Sentinel Shug got into the Sentinel package...pills are missing...what is the... (17174 views)

Dog spinning and bothered My dog doesn't have flea's but acts like he is being bothered by something. He... (12521 views)

Golden Retriever Smell Hello. I have two golden retrievers and the youngest is 11 months old. She has a... (44568 views)

Problems after ear cleaning. I took my cat to the vet about three weeks ago to his ears flushed out because he... (11734 views)

Flea Allergy Hello Shelby has two to three spots that she has been licking and chewing on by... (12622 views)

Dog panting at night time. I would like to know if you can tell me why my dog is panting at night time. I have... (306270 views)

Green smelly teeth. Dweeb has greenish slime on her gums and pain when biting. I tried washing it out... (32406 views)

Swollen nose. My 9 yo Female Samoyed has a swollen nose - the black part of the nose, on the top.... (8217 views)

Profender and pregnant women. Hi there Dr. Marie This isn't a direct question about an animal but I'm wondering... (9085 views)