Bad breath in puppy.

Breed: Maltese
My two month maltese male puppy has really bad breath, what can I do?
I'm worrying something might happen to him.

At this age, if a dog has bad breath it is not likely to be anything serious. Sometimes puppies can have what I call "puppy breath". We don't know what causes it.

By about 4-5 months of age we can see teething issues and there can be some minor bleeding in the mouth which can cause bad breath. Again, this is nothing to worry about.

With that being said, if your puppy's breath is horrendously bad then a vet visit is a good idea. I had one case of a young puppy with bad breath and it turned out that he had chewed on an electrical cord and had severe infected burns inside of his mouth.

UTI in a kitten. Hi there, I have spoken to you in the past, and am looking for a little advice... (11728 views)

Natural allergy remedies. Options for a dog allergic to grass? Not interested in doing drugs for the rest of... (9712 views)

Coughin Min Pin. My dog throws up yellow bile, in the mornings, every other month or so. Her stomach... (12487 views)

When can my dog see other dogs? How long before my dog can be around people that own dogs? He gets his first set of... (7967 views)

Great Dane not eating. Dr. Marie, my dog molly just recently started not eating dog food or drinking and... (10926 views)

Allergies or URTI? I was looking at the questions on cats, but couldn't find one that was close to what... (8275 views)

Questions about seizures and MRI. Dr., We are in a dilemma and don't know what to do. Our pet, BooBoo, our beatiful... (62006 views)

Dog is panting a lot. My dog Sam has been panting alot for the past year. Recently he is doing this more... (24707 views)

Dog ate chocolate bar. Hello. In September 2009, we got a family pet. She was born on 9th of July 2009. So... (5870 views)

Yellow skin and then died. today my kitten who was a week old and a day past away but when i found him his... (6763 views)