Bad breath in puppy.

Breed: Maltese
My two month maltese male puppy has really bad breath, what can I do?
I'm worrying something might happen to him.

At this age, if a dog has bad breath it is not likely to be anything serious. Sometimes puppies can have what I call "puppy breath". We don't know what causes it.

By about 4-5 months of age we can see teething issues and there can be some minor bleeding in the mouth which can cause bad breath. Again, this is nothing to worry about.

With that being said, if your puppy's breath is horrendously bad then a vet visit is a good idea. I had one case of a young puppy with bad breath and it turned out that he had chewed on an electrical cord and had severe infected burns inside of his mouth.

Not eating, drinking or peeing. I aquired this 10yr old fixed,declawed male cat a couple of months ago. for about 4... (10854 views)

Swollen foot after wound. My dog Toby has what appears to be a cut in between his toes on one of his paws. He... (4299 views)

Thiamine deficiency? My cat has Thiamine deficiency from Wellness pet food. Are the effects for the... (6953 views)

Bad euthanasia Hello, I had to have my dog euthanized. After she got her first injection to be... (4694 views)

Swollen foot and death in a dog. I am seeking for an answer what could be the reason my dog can hardly breathe and... (17013 views)

Eye medicine for my cat. We adopted A domestic short haired cat from our local animal shelter. He had an eye... (8023 views)

Dog licking his penis. My dog was groomed today and is licking his penis excessively (even stopping during... (44804 views)

Bump under eye - tooth abscess My dog has had an abscess on her face for a while, under her eye, but it hasn't... (14062 views)

Dog leaking urine. Aud is 5 year old black mini poodle. The past 3 days she is leaking urine. She is... (19424 views)

Is aspirin safe for dogs? I bought the excel enteric coated aspirin 81mg each for my 85lb husky. I don't know... (15796 views)