Bad breath in puppy.

Breed: Maltese
My two month maltese male puppy has really bad breath, what can I do?
I'm worrying something might happen to him.

At this age, if a dog has bad breath it is not likely to be anything serious. Sometimes puppies can have what I call "puppy breath". We don't know what causes it.

By about 4-5 months of age we can see teething issues and there can be some minor bleeding in the mouth which can cause bad breath. Again, this is nothing to worry about.

With that being said, if your puppy's breath is horrendously bad then a vet visit is a good idea. I had one case of a young puppy with bad breath and it turned out that he had chewed on an electrical cord and had severe infected burns inside of his mouth.

Can't walk, dehydrated puppy. My puppy is 3 months old. She was left at home with her dogsitter but was obviously... (16267 views)

Cat attacked by dog. My can got attacked by a dog and she cant close her mouth all the way, but her tooth... (5539 views)

Carnassial tooth slab fracture. Hello Dr. Marie! Thanks for offering this service! My 3 year old dog has... (11875 views)

Euthanize aggressive dog? I adopted my dog Nubby a year ago from a local shelter. A few months after I adopted... (30205 views)

Cost to take mouse to vet? About how much would it cost to take a mouse in for a check... (16869 views)

Is my cat losing weight? My 15 year old male cat looks and feels like he has lost weight. However, his weight... (5770 views)

Older cat losing weight. My eleven year old cat has congenital hipdisplasia however she has been happy... (24021 views)

Flea dirt around nipples? She is a 20 month old seemingly very healthy happy cat. There is a very good chance... (38968 views)

Lifespan of a rat? What is the average lifespan of a rat? My rat is 3 years old and very healthy. Is... (6856 views)

Itchy between anus and penis. My dog is licking/scratching a lot in the area between his anus and his penis. It's... (32333 views)