Bad breath in puppy.

Breed: Maltese
My two month maltese male puppy has really bad breath, what can I do?
I'm worrying something might happen to him.

At this age, if a dog has bad breath it is not likely to be anything serious. Sometimes puppies can have what I call "puppy breath". We don't know what causes it.

By about 4-5 months of age we can see teething issues and there can be some minor bleeding in the mouth which can cause bad breath. Again, this is nothing to worry about.

With that being said, if your puppy's breath is horrendously bad then a vet visit is a good idea. I had one case of a young puppy with bad breath and it turned out that he had chewed on an electrical cord and had severe infected burns inside of his mouth.

Jack Russel skin problems. My Jack Russel has bad skin. Every now and again she gets really itchy and has bald... (17168 views)

Shaking, Limping dog. yest. my dog was laying down inside my garage later on i noticed that she was... (25902 views)

Incontinence and balance issues. We have a dog breed and age unknown is a stray all of a sudden she has started... (17923 views)

Repeated bouts of Giardia. Our 4 month old Boston terrier Gidget was diagnosed with giardia over 6 weeks ago.... (7852 views)

Painful dog. I apologize in advance for this being so long, but I want to give the history so you... (9005 views)

Aggressive hamster. hello, i got a russian hamster yesterday and in the store and at home he was really... (10558 views)

Dog pees when excited. comit had surgery done to remove a hernia and the vets said it was of most good to... (11172 views)

Roundworms and hookworms. How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly... (5153 views)

1 week old puppy checkup can you take a 1 week old puppy to the vet to get it checked to make sure its ok and... (8532 views)

Seizure or heart problem? My sister is younger and home alone until tomorrow. She called me freaking out about... (14362 views)