Bad breath in puppy.

Breed: Maltese
My two month maltese male puppy has really bad breath, what can I do?
I'm worrying something might happen to him.

At this age, if a dog has bad breath it is not likely to be anything serious. Sometimes puppies can have what I call "puppy breath". We don't know what causes it.

By about 4-5 months of age we can see teething issues and there can be some minor bleeding in the mouth which can cause bad breath. Again, this is nothing to worry about.

With that being said, if your puppy's breath is horrendously bad then a vet visit is a good idea. I had one case of a young puppy with bad breath and it turned out that he had chewed on an electrical cord and had severe infected burns inside of his mouth.

White spot on dog's nose. sadie has a white spot below her nose right in the middle of the muzzle i can't tell... (32683 views)

Black spots on tongue. Hypothyroidism? My dog seems to have multiple symptoms... Harsh,dry cough, hair falling out in... (5782 views)

Swollen carpal pad. Dear Dr. Marie: About 5 weeks ago, my wife and I noticed that the carpal pad on our... (27200 views)

Polysporin on cats? My cat is 21 years old. I HAVE had her to the vet 3 times now with open sores on... (61995 views)

Lyme vaccine and testing. Hi, I took missy to the vet yesterday for her lyme vaccination booster shot and then... (11201 views)

Does my puppy have a UTI? My puggle puppy usually tells me when she has to go out. But for the past two-three... (10277 views)

Chin acne in cats. He's been on a cleansing agent and anti-biotic/steroid for 5 of 7 days for his acne... (6638 views)

Can dogs eat fruits and vegetables? Can dogs eat vegatbles or fruits. Thank... (10422 views)

Overdose of Xanax. Can forty .5 mg pills of Alprazolam Kill a 6 pound chihuahua? came home and found my... (77350 views)

Red sores in front of cat's ear. Hi Dr. Haynes Thank you for offering this service and reviewing my question. My... (50992 views)