Bad breath in puppy.

Breed: Maltese
My two month maltese male puppy has really bad breath, what can I do?
I'm worrying something might happen to him.

At this age, if a dog has bad breath it is not likely to be anything serious. Sometimes puppies can have what I call "puppy breath". We don't know what causes it.

By about 4-5 months of age we can see teething issues and there can be some minor bleeding in the mouth which can cause bad breath. Again, this is nothing to worry about.

With that being said, if your puppy's breath is horrendously bad then a vet visit is a good idea. I had one case of a young puppy with bad breath and it turned out that he had chewed on an electrical cord and had severe infected burns inside of his mouth.

Found bug in dog's ear. Hello, My name is Karroll I have a 4 year old Chihuahua. Lattly he has been... (9633 views)

10 month puppy with heartworm. I am considering adopting a 10 month old puppy from the SPCA and was told he was... (11861 views)

Wounds not healing. My cat is mostly an indoor cat, but on occassion, he goes outside. Last time he went... (4606 views)

Dog with ear problem. Icleaned my dogs ears with a Q tip and may have hurt his ear drum. I cannot go to a... (12326 views)

Gurgling belly. I'm not sure how long this has been going on as he stays with my mom now. However,... (20429 views)

Can't pee. Constipation issues too. Hello, My cat has Mega Colon and is being treated with CisaPride 5mg/ml suspension.... (12475 views)

I'm out of prednisone. Sammy has been on 2.5mg of prednisone per day for the past two years for... (15225 views)

Dog won't pee in the yard. Our shiba Jesse has always peed and pooped in our fenced in backyard. We recently... (30029 views)

Vomiting, diarrhea, sneezing. My 4 month old kitten has vomited twice this morning. He has also coughed and... (17660 views)

Puppy with hard lump on throat my dog has a hard lump on the side of his throat what could it be it is hard does... (17691 views)