Bad breath in puppy.

Breed: Maltese
My two month maltese male puppy has really bad breath, what can I do?
I'm worrying something might happen to him.

At this age, if a dog has bad breath it is not likely to be anything serious. Sometimes puppies can have what I call "puppy breath". We don't know what causes it.

By about 4-5 months of age we can see teething issues and there can be some minor bleeding in the mouth which can cause bad breath. Again, this is nothing to worry about.

With that being said, if your puppy's breath is horrendously bad then a vet visit is a good idea. I had one case of a young puppy with bad breath and it turned out that he had chewed on an electrical cord and had severe infected burns inside of his mouth.

Older cat with vomiting and white nose. My cat is a 13y.o., outdoor (day) / indoor (night), mouser/birder, and has been a... (16514 views)

Ketoconazole for dogs. How safe is it to give my dog ketoconazole 200 mg tab fur a fungal infection? The... (26671 views)

Does my dog have cushing's? Hi Dr. Marie, I took my almost 10 y/o lab to the vet because she has been waking... (5635 views)

bloat in boerboels Hello. I'm currently looking at information about the boerboel. I'm thinking about... (9900 views)

Sick guinea pig. hello, i need help. my guinea pig peppy is really dehydrated and really weak, today... (11993 views)

Possible demodectic mange. We live in Bangladesh an are unable to obtian decent vet care for my dog. I am... (39407 views)

Bone cancer in leg. Hello My cat is 13 years old he was always a big cat and then became a big fat cat.... (15782 views)

Guinea Pig heat cycle. my female guinea pig has a swollen vulva which is very red. this happens once every... (31242 views)

Treatments for IBD in dogs. My dog has IBD, biopsy diagnosis. Tested feb 2010 mild fib rising lymphocytic... (13939 views)

Dog is paralyzed. How are you? I have been reading lots of articles at your site and they help me... (5176 views)