Will mating kill my dog?

Breed: yorkshire terrier
i have had my dog for 2 weeks an she has just mated with my brothers dog but the previous owner as just told me that if she gets pregnant it will kill her so what can i have done? an how much would it cost can i get free treatment because im on benefits?

Was your brother's dog significantly larger than Heaton? If so, then my biggest concern would be that she may require a C-Section to have the babies when they are born. A C-Section can cost $1000-$2000 so hopefully this is not going to happen!

The best thing you could do for your girl is to have her spayed. It is sometimes a little more expensive to have this surgery done when she is pregnant, but if we get her early in the pregnancy it is usually not that much more.

If you are not able to afford a spay in many areas there are spay neuter clinics that do things for a reduced cost.

Or, you can check out some of the resources I have written about on my blog:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

I hope everything goes ok!

Bald spot on hamster. My dwarf hamster has a rather large bald spot above her left front leg. I noticed... (25507 views)

Lump on ferret's face. My daughters feret has a lump on it's cheek. At first it did not grow fast , but now... (8675 views)

Dog diarrhea problems. Hi Dr, This is an update to a previous question. Max is over 10 wks old now... (35585 views)

Cat is licking himself and has scabs. My cat is licking him self till he bleeds and it's getting so bad that he has... (10056 views)

Chin acne in cats. He's been on a cleansing agent and anti-biotic/steroid for 5 of 7 days for his acne... (6823 views)

Guinea pig noises. Heys! I have only one guinea pig and she is female. Sometimes my guinea pig makes... (10180 views)

Vet lost the lump! My cat had surgery last Thursday to have a cyst on his toe removed to see if it was... (9856 views)

Very sick dog. My dog can't poop and won't eat. He also has puss-like infection coming from his... (9537 views)

Not eating losing weight. Age: 13 months Weight: 8 1/2 pounds He was 9 pounds, but lost half a pound in May.... (4485 views)

Should I breed my dog? I would like my dog to have puppies one time before I get her spayed. The puppies... (4451 views)