Will mating kill my dog?

Breed: yorkshire terrier
i have had my dog for 2 weeks an she has just mated with my brothers dog but the previous owner as just told me that if she gets pregnant it will kill her so what can i have done? an how much would it cost can i get free treatment because im on benefits?

Was your brother's dog significantly larger than Heaton? If so, then my biggest concern would be that she may require a C-Section to have the babies when they are born. A C-Section can cost $1000-$2000 so hopefully this is not going to happen!

The best thing you could do for your girl is to have her spayed. It is sometimes a little more expensive to have this surgery done when she is pregnant, but if we get her early in the pregnancy it is usually not that much more.

If you are not able to afford a spay in many areas there are spay neuter clinics that do things for a reduced cost.

Or, you can check out some of the resources I have written about on my blog:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

I hope everything goes ok!

Constipated cat. For the past 2 weeks or so, my cat has been having some constipation. I think it... (19886 views)

Cat with asthma. My cat sam is 9 yrs old. he weighs about 16 pounds. He has coughing spells about 3... (9736 views)

Infection on leg. My dog has been licking his inner thigh to the point where it is very red and there... (20480 views)

Older dog liver problems. We gave a 13 year old Maltese. He has had liver shunts and since he was 3 months we... (13638 views)

Cat has poop stuck to bum. My cat was a rescue from a pet hoarder and was taken too young from her mother. She... (12311 views)

Sore head from bow. Hello, My dog got her bow caught and it ripped the hair out of the top of her head.... (8044 views)

Paralyzed chihuahua My Dog Was Lost For 2 days and i found him 12-11-10 at 4pm curled up in a ball... (11711 views)

21 year old cat is dying. THIS IS URGENt, BUT I DON'T HAVE 15.00 RIGHT NOW!! i THINK MY 21 YEAR OLD CAT IS... (14239 views)

Black spot on side of hamster. My hamster is about 2 years old and has always had a black spot on the right side of... (60929 views)

Large lump on dog's side. A lump (about the size of a quarter) showed up suddenly on his side, about an inch... (27742 views)