Will mating kill my dog?

Breed: yorkshire terrier
i have had my dog for 2 weeks an she has just mated with my brothers dog but the previous owner as just told me that if she gets pregnant it will kill her so what can i have done? an how much would it cost can i get free treatment because im on benefits?

Was your brother's dog significantly larger than Heaton? If so, then my biggest concern would be that she may require a C-Section to have the babies when they are born. A C-Section can cost $1000-$2000 so hopefully this is not going to happen!

The best thing you could do for your girl is to have her spayed. It is sometimes a little more expensive to have this surgery done when she is pregnant, but if we get her early in the pregnancy it is usually not that much more.

If you are not able to afford a spay in many areas there are spay neuter clinics that do things for a reduced cost.

Or, you can check out some of the resources I have written about on my blog:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

I hope everything goes ok!

19 year old cat died. My 19 yo childhood cat died this morning and my parents, who aren't the sort of... (8120 views)

The euthanasia procedure. I had to euthanize my 18.5 year old cat Quincy on Monday. He suffered from CRF and... (12895 views)

Dog with ear problem. Icleaned my dogs ears with a Q tip and may have hurt his ear drum. I cannot go to a... (12464 views)

Bassett with swollen eyes. I have a 5 year old bassett whos eye swelled up quite a bit this morning. We took... (13445 views)

Guinea Pig Pregnancy info. Hi, i bought a guinea pig from a pet store about a month ago and now, i think shes... (14341 views)

Time to put dog to sleep? My dog is very old and has been Very skinny the past month, But yesterday he lost... (6947 views)

Eyes rolled back in head. About 3 months ago, Bruce's eyes rolled back in his head and become very blood shot.... (42852 views)

Parvo recovery. I'M LOOKING AT A PUP THAT IS RECOVERING FROM PARVO. WHAT IS THE RECOVERY TIME AND... (23606 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in maltese puppy. Good evening, I had a question for you regarding my puppy. She is almost 12... (6137 views)

Noticing metallic odor. Hi! I recently adopted a dog from a NYC euth list. I've had her for about 3 weeks... (36239 views)