Will mating kill my dog?

Breed: yorkshire terrier
i have had my dog for 2 weeks an she has just mated with my brothers dog but the previous owner as just told me that if she gets pregnant it will kill her so what can i have done? an how much would it cost can i get free treatment because im on benefits?

Was your brother's dog significantly larger than Heaton? If so, then my biggest concern would be that she may require a C-Section to have the babies when they are born. A C-Section can cost $1000-$2000 so hopefully this is not going to happen!

The best thing you could do for your girl is to have her spayed. It is sometimes a little more expensive to have this surgery done when she is pregnant, but if we get her early in the pregnancy it is usually not that much more.

If you are not able to afford a spay in many areas there are spay neuter clinics that do things for a reduced cost.

Or, you can check out some of the resources I have written about on my blog:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

I hope everything goes ok!

Lump on dog's side. Bundy has developed a circular mark...1/2 inch in diameter...the fur has gone the... (22971 views)

Positive leishmaniasis test. my dog has just had a blood test result for leishmans the result is 0.1 and requires... (8179 views)

Boxer grinding teeth. my fixed female boxer has recently started grinding her teeth. she seems to do this... (50350 views)

Lumps on dog's ear. Rocky has three very small bumps on the inside of the flap of his ear. They have... (29793 views)

Not using litter box. For the past several months she has decided to stop using the litter box to poop in.... (10941 views)

Coughing Dog. my dog is coffing all of a suden and hes haveing trouble breathing but hes acting as... (14246 views)

Why did my puppy die? Hello, I'm in the UK and I hope you can give me some idea as to why my seemingly... (11400 views)

Vet was rough with my cat. I'm curious as to the process of applying anesthetic to a cat. Namely I witnessed my... (8778 views)

Cat not eating. Hello, Dr. Haynes - My cat Simon doesn't seem to be eating or drinking very much... (50101 views)

Sores on dog's leg. My dog recently got theses two sores on her back leg, one bigger than the other. Its... (8796 views)