Will mating kill my dog?

Breed: yorkshire terrier
i have had my dog for 2 weeks an she has just mated with my brothers dog but the previous owner as just told me that if she gets pregnant it will kill her so what can i have done? an how much would it cost can i get free treatment because im on benefits?

Was your brother's dog significantly larger than Heaton? If so, then my biggest concern would be that she may require a C-Section to have the babies when they are born. A C-Section can cost $1000-$2000 so hopefully this is not going to happen!

The best thing you could do for your girl is to have her spayed. It is sometimes a little more expensive to have this surgery done when she is pregnant, but if we get her early in the pregnancy it is usually not that much more.

If you are not able to afford a spay in many areas there are spay neuter clinics that do things for a reduced cost.

Or, you can check out some of the resources I have written about on my blog:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

I hope everything goes ok!

yellow colored diarrhea We have had this puppy for about 2 weeks. The puppies were about 5 weeks when the... (12897 views)

Dog with swollen shoulder. There is something wrong with one side of my dogs shoulder. It looks swollen but if... (20224 views)

Spots all over body. Hi My staffordshire bull terrier has little spots all over his body almost like... (14793 views)

Contagious diarrhea? please bare with me as this is gonna be kind of long... about 2 weeks ago i had... (8427 views)

Treat for fleas same day as spay? I just had my puppy spayed. She came home with fleas. How long do I have to wait... (13873 views)

Feline leukemia contagious? I'm feeding a neighbor's cat that has feline leukemia. I have cats of my own. Is it... (9691 views)

Frequent urination in puppy. Dr. Marie, We have a brand new 7 week old bullmastiff female, named June...I have... (27874 views)

Lump on hamster's toe. Hey! A week or 2 ago I noticed a tiny reddish pink bump on one of the toes on my... (18641 views)

Does my cat have glaucoma? About 2 weeks ago, I started noticing that Mietzi's right pupil would always stay... (6944 views)

Wart on a cat? Hello. I found a small bump on my cat's throat a few months ago. It has gotten... (34164 views)