Scratching ears and shaking head.

Breed: French Bulldog
We just started a road trip and my Isis has started scratching her ears and shaking her head alot she does not seem to be in pain and she is not acting abnormal. I am going to get peroxide and qtips today and clean her ears but do I need to find an emergency vet or what

The vast majority of the time, if a dog is scratching her ears and shaking her head there is an ear infection present.

While most dogs with an ear infection have other symptoms such as debris in the ears, odor and redness to the ear, it is not always super obvious.

I wouldn't recommend trying to clean these ears. If they are infected then you are definitely going to need prescription medication. (There is no at home remedy that works well for ear infections.) Plus, it is very easy to do damage to a dog's ear with Q-Tips, especially if the ear is inflamed.

It sounds like a vet visit is necessary!

Hope everything is ok!

Older cat with diarrhea Gizzy has Diarrhea most all the time and it smells really bad She used to throw up... (11460 views)

Trouble swallowing. My 6-year-old shepherd developed a major mucus production problem in the last month.... (15936 views)

ACTH Stim my dog went for acht testing on friday to look for addisons disease te vet isnt in... (10155 views)

Doxycycline and amoxicillin. My dog is believed to have Lyme disease, her test was negative but our vet thought... (21578 views)

Accident in bed. Hi Dr. Marie, I am writing to you because Max (who normally sleeps in our bed at... (11184 views)

Is he really gone? My very elderly dog very sadly had to be put to sleep a few days ago. This was... (34047 views)

Does high pitch affect seizures? Hello there, I've been living with my roommate for a year and her dog barks at me... (12999 views)

Coughing dog. Hi, We have talked before. Trixie is 13 years old and has had kidney issues. I... (19076 views)

Are brewers grains safe for dogs? Are brewers grains safe for dogs? My husband wants to buy some dog treats that are... (15995 views)

Toxoplasmosis and pregnancy. Hi. I'm 15 weeks pregnant and worried about my two cats. I know how to avoid... (5937 views)