Scratching ears and shaking head.

Breed: French Bulldog
We just started a road trip and my Isis has started scratching her ears and shaking her head alot she does not seem to be in pain and she is not acting abnormal. I am going to get peroxide and qtips today and clean her ears but do I need to find an emergency vet or what

The vast majority of the time, if a dog is scratching her ears and shaking her head there is an ear infection present.

While most dogs with an ear infection have other symptoms such as debris in the ears, odor and redness to the ear, it is not always super obvious.

I wouldn't recommend trying to clean these ears. If they are infected then you are definitely going to need prescription medication. (There is no at home remedy that works well for ear infections.) Plus, it is very easy to do damage to a dog's ear with Q-Tips, especially if the ear is inflamed.

It sounds like a vet visit is necessary!

Hope everything is ok!

viscious dogs Killer dogs next door! We live next door to 4 dogs, a female German Shepard, a... (13088 views)

Lumps on dog's neck. My dog keeps getting small red lumps on his body especially over the back of his... (11905 views)

Bloody diarrhea in small dog. I recently purchased a new Maltese puppy. When we brought him home he had some... (16600 views)

Hamster scabs and hair loss. I have a dwarf hamster (it's white with red eyes, if that helps on the breed). It... (22067 views)

Cat pulling hair out of stomach. Dark has been pulling the hair out of his stomach for over a year. He now has a... (11041 views)

Pregnant dog with a fever? My bitch is pregnant - 63 days from first breeding today. Reproduction specialist... (40377 views)

Pink spot on dog. I noticed on my dog about a month ago he had a small pink raised bump on his chest... (30001 views)

67 days pregnant. Dog is 67 days pregnant no sign of labor how much longer should i wait before taking... (11640 views)

Pelvis fracture. Dear Dr Marie, My dog currently has a broken pelvis that is not mending. It... (18301 views)

Very thirsty kitten. Hi there my 9 week old male kitten has been drinking water non stop from his bowl... (11642 views)