Scratching ears and shaking head.

Breed: French Bulldog
We just started a road trip and my Isis has started scratching her ears and shaking her head alot she does not seem to be in pain and she is not acting abnormal. I am going to get peroxide and qtips today and clean her ears but do I need to find an emergency vet or what

The vast majority of the time, if a dog is scratching her ears and shaking her head there is an ear infection present.

While most dogs with an ear infection have other symptoms such as debris in the ears, odor and redness to the ear, it is not always super obvious.

I wouldn't recommend trying to clean these ears. If they are infected then you are definitely going to need prescription medication. (There is no at home remedy that works well for ear infections.) Plus, it is very easy to do damage to a dog's ear with Q-Tips, especially if the ear is inflamed.

It sounds like a vet visit is necessary!

Hope everything is ok!

Clavaseptin and diarrhea. My puppy recently had to spend a night at the vet, we are pretty sure he just ate... (14851 views)

Black lump under cat's eye. Few months ago, there is a small tiny transparent bubble grow under the skin below... (17116 views)

Homeopathic treatment of FIP. Hello, My cat is verified (80% confirmed) to infect FIP(wet type). The vet told... (13504 views)

Small open wound on dog Our min pin lives out in country with us. We have enclosed 1/2 acre fenced area. She... (14050 views)

Cat ate A&D cream. Four days ago Salem licked some A&D cream. I called poison control and they there... (19966 views)

Repeated diarrhea and vomiting. Dr. Marie: Thank you for your input and warning -- this will be a bit lengthy. I... (11050 views)

Puppy with diarrhea My 14 week old Aussie, Max, had a pretty sudden case of diarrhea, today. I took him... (15503 views)

Vomiting Dog My dog isn't eating, and when she drinks water, she throws it up. Her stomach seems... (10186 views)

Is my dog pregnant? i think my dog is pregnet she has big nipples and she is getting lazy she was in... (5587 views)

Cat pooping on floor. My cat doesn't poop in her litter box, so I put down rugs near her litter box and... (11177 views)