Scratching ears and shaking head.

Breed: French Bulldog
We just started a road trip and my Isis has started scratching her ears and shaking her head alot she does not seem to be in pain and she is not acting abnormal. I am going to get peroxide and qtips today and clean her ears but do I need to find an emergency vet or what

The vast majority of the time, if a dog is scratching her ears and shaking her head there is an ear infection present.

While most dogs with an ear infection have other symptoms such as debris in the ears, odor and redness to the ear, it is not always super obvious.

I wouldn't recommend trying to clean these ears. If they are infected then you are definitely going to need prescription medication. (There is no at home remedy that works well for ear infections.) Plus, it is very easy to do damage to a dog's ear with Q-Tips, especially if the ear is inflamed.

It sounds like a vet visit is necessary!

Hope everything is ok!

Thin after back injury. A friend found a dog years ago on the side of the road with an broken back. Break... (11238 views)

Low specific gravity. This is regarding a 9 year old male pitbull, neutered with no past medical history.... (6639 views)

Dogs with occasional diarrhea. I have two German shepherds, male and female. The female is 7 yrs, the male is 5... (32660 views)

Lungworm from slugs? My dog just licked a small slug. Is there a possibility of a... (10574 views)

My kitten died. Hi Dr Marie, We came home on Sunday after a night away (less than 24 hours) to... (11844 views)

Guinea pig losing teeth. its mouth is sore and can only chew mashed up food its loosing his teeth to its not... (8830 views)

Introducing kittens. hi, i have a 5 month old kitten, and have introduced an 8 week old kitten to the... (8443 views)

My dog twisted her back. Dear Dr. Marie, Hope you are well. I was contacting you in hopes that you could... (35689 views)

No bowel movement? Hi & thank you for taking my question. I would like to know if it is normal for my... (15110 views)

Is my cat pregnant? How can I tell if my cat is pregnant? She has a big belly and I want to know if... (11008 views)