Dog vomiting clear mucus and white foam.

Breed: Bulldog and Mastiff
My dog continues to throw up a clear mucus with white foam. He is still very excited and doesn't appear to have any side effects. Sometimes it has undigested food in it. He eats taste of the wild dog food with bison. He vomits at least 5 times a week then stops for a week then starts again. any suggestions

Sorry to hear that Max may be having problems.

It can often be difficult to determine the cause of chronic vomiting.

If this were my case I would likely be advising xrays to be sure that there is no foreign object in the stomach. Whenever I see a young dog that is vomiting chronically this is one of the first things I think of.

You may also want to try a change to a different food for a while and see if this makes a difference.

It is a good idea to have your vet check a stool sample to be sure there aren't any parasites present.

If no cause can be found then your vet may recommend a stomach protecting drug such as pepcid to help reduce stomach acid.

Hope all goes ok!

Shih Tzu not eating. He stopped eating 6 days ago. Yesterday the vet said temperature, fecal, urine,... (32203 views)

Yorkie with diarrhea. Hello, I have a yorkshire terrier that 1 year old and weighs 5.5 pounds. He is a... (11764 views)

Does my dog have cushing's? Hi Dr. Marie, I took my almost 10 y/o lab to the vet because she has been waking... (6183 views)

Itchy dog. My question is long because I have to give all the background data. On May 10, 2011... (21166 views)

Wart on a cat? Hello. I found a small bump on my cat's throat a few months ago. It has gotten... (25416 views)

Cat drinks from fish bowl. Hi! My cat isn't(as far as I can tell) sick at all, but rather I'm wondering... (45211 views)

Metronidazole side effects? My Dog had a surgery Dec 9. The Doctor removed a tumor from his small intestine. He... (15538 views)

Shaking after grooming. Millie is an otherwise healthy 8 year old Bijon Poo. Don't know if this is related,... (40488 views)

Fluid filled lumps on ear. My dog has many lumps on her ears that feel like they are fluid filled and sensitive... (10806 views)

Thiamine deficiency? My cat has Thiamine deficiency from Wellness pet food. Are the effects for the... (8128 views)