Dog vomiting clear mucus and white foam.

Breed: Bulldog and Mastiff
My dog continues to throw up a clear mucus with white foam. He is still very excited and doesn't appear to have any side effects. Sometimes it has undigested food in it. He eats taste of the wild dog food with bison. He vomits at least 5 times a week then stops for a week then starts again. any suggestions

Sorry to hear that Max may be having problems.

It can often be difficult to determine the cause of chronic vomiting.

If this were my case I would likely be advising xrays to be sure that there is no foreign object in the stomach. Whenever I see a young dog that is vomiting chronically this is one of the first things I think of.

You may also want to try a change to a different food for a while and see if this makes a difference.

It is a good idea to have your vet check a stool sample to be sure there aren't any parasites present.

If no cause can be found then your vet may recommend a stomach protecting drug such as pepcid to help reduce stomach acid.

Hope all goes ok!

Trouble with back legs. I have a 11 yr old, inside only cat, that is a little over weight approx. 15lbs.... (35826 views)

Dog ate battery fluid. My dog chewed up a AA battery. It doesn't appear that she ingested any pieces of it... (16440 views)

Vita Calm in dogs? i was wondering if i could safly use vitacalm for hosres on my dog for his... (8379 views)

Flea Allergy Hello Shelby has two to three spots that she has been licking and chewing on by... (11810 views)

Vomiting after eating. My cat will vomit after eating several times a week. She will also 'leak' or 'drip'... (24630 views)

Questions about spay. I have an appointment to get Gracie spayed on the 17th and had a few questions. ... (15985 views)

Dog urinating in the house. I really need help, i have a dog that is now one and a half years old, hes a cross... (9374 views)

Head tremors and clingy dog. For the first time in 12 years my dog has started following me around obsessively... (8710 views)

Bump on roof of mouth. Hi I'm almost certain this is nothing. But I have an 8 week old golden male. I've... (33312 views)

Bump in dog's mouth. My dog was taken for a walk her ball went under a car, she retreived her ball... (7646 views)