Dog vomiting clear mucus and white foam.

Breed: Bulldog and Mastiff
My dog continues to throw up a clear mucus with white foam. He is still very excited and doesn't appear to have any side effects. Sometimes it has undigested food in it. He eats taste of the wild dog food with bison. He vomits at least 5 times a week then stops for a week then starts again. any suggestions

Sorry to hear that Max may be having problems.

It can often be difficult to determine the cause of chronic vomiting.

If this were my case I would likely be advising xrays to be sure that there is no foreign object in the stomach. Whenever I see a young dog that is vomiting chronically this is one of the first things I think of.

You may also want to try a change to a different food for a while and see if this makes a difference.

It is a good idea to have your vet check a stool sample to be sure there aren't any parasites present.

If no cause can be found then your vet may recommend a stomach protecting drug such as pepcid to help reduce stomach acid.

Hope all goes ok!

Dachshund not feeling well. Dr, We have a new baby girl and Primo has slept in our bed since he was a puppy,... (8654 views)

Diethylene glycol in chicken jerky. Do you know of any of the Chicken Jerky do treats that are made in China, has been... (5020 views)

Symptoms of Lupus Help! owners have spent $1100 on test and everything comes back normal but Archie is... (10202 views)

Strange problem with cat. I am having a serious issue. I have an 11 year old female indoor cat, never fixed. ... (9456 views)

Cat won't eat or drink. Licorice doesn't want to eat much or drink. He is lethargic, but his gums are pink... (21589 views)

Peeing outside of box. Hi Dr Marie, My Cat Nikki is 21 yrs old......he was shot in the mouth when he was... (8471 views)

Home remedy for ear infection? Hello, My golden bailey was sprayed by a skunk in September, his shots are up to... (12593 views)

Puppy has had diarrhea 5 days. Oliver has had diarrhea on and off for about 5 days. He is acting normally... (70556 views)

Fleas, pale nose and sick. My cat Ava has lost alomot all of her hair and so much weight i can see her hip... (5003 views)

Draining fluid for heart failure. My dog has Congestive Heart Failure. He is under the care of a veterinarian and... (16879 views)