Dog vomiting clear mucus and white foam.

Breed: Bulldog and Mastiff
My dog continues to throw up a clear mucus with white foam. He is still very excited and doesn't appear to have any side effects. Sometimes it has undigested food in it. He eats taste of the wild dog food with bison. He vomits at least 5 times a week then stops for a week then starts again. any suggestions

Sorry to hear that Max may be having problems.

It can often be difficult to determine the cause of chronic vomiting.

If this were my case I would likely be advising xrays to be sure that there is no foreign object in the stomach. Whenever I see a young dog that is vomiting chronically this is one of the first things I think of.

You may also want to try a change to a different food for a while and see if this makes a difference.

It is a good idea to have your vet check a stool sample to be sure there aren't any parasites present.

If no cause can be found then your vet may recommend a stomach protecting drug such as pepcid to help reduce stomach acid.

Hope all goes ok!

Dog died after having diarrhea. My dog Dott is a small Aussie mix, weighing about 28 lbs. She is normally very... (25687 views)

Feral cat with eye infection. We have a feral cat that was born in our yard 5 years ago. When he was a kitten he... (25715 views)

Pain meds after spay? Is it necessary to purchase antibiotics and pain meds after a dog has been... (19645 views)

Cat is sleeping a lot. My cat has been sleeping a lot in the last two days. Want play. Will eat a little.... (8536 views)

Dog won't gain weight. Our boy, Zidane, was born May 19, 2009, which makes Zidane almost 18 months old. He... (12779 views)

Lump with hole and something moving in it. Hi, i just got a new kitten 3 days ago, this morning i woke up and picked her up and... (12590 views)

Doxycycline and amoxicillin. My dog is believed to have Lyme disease, her test was negative but our vet thought... (18518 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. We went up to Lake Tahoe for the weekend, both of our dogs receive home made food,... (13244 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi, My puppy won't eat and has a soft mushy stool. I just got him Yesterday. Could... (7903 views)

Vasculitis and skin infection. Hey Dr. Marie, We've got a doberman with a hard-to-diagnose skin issue. Usually... (17070 views)