Dog vomiting clear mucus and white foam.

Breed: Bulldog and Mastiff
My dog continues to throw up a clear mucus with white foam. He is still very excited and doesn't appear to have any side effects. Sometimes it has undigested food in it. He eats taste of the wild dog food with bison. He vomits at least 5 times a week then stops for a week then starts again. any suggestions

Sorry to hear that Max may be having problems.

It can often be difficult to determine the cause of chronic vomiting.

If this were my case I would likely be advising xrays to be sure that there is no foreign object in the stomach. Whenever I see a young dog that is vomiting chronically this is one of the first things I think of.

You may also want to try a change to a different food for a while and see if this makes a difference.

It is a good idea to have your vet check a stool sample to be sure there aren't any parasites present.

If no cause can be found then your vet may recommend a stomach protecting drug such as pepcid to help reduce stomach acid.

Hope all goes ok!

Ringworm treatment in cat. First, thank you for your previous help with my questions. I have 2 issues with... (19249 views)

Dog ate Zoloft. please answer this question, please.. my dog chloe has eaten my anti depressants i... (58410 views)

Do cats prefer litter? My cat just started using the bathroom floor and areas on the carpet at litter... (8505 views)

Renal lymphoma? my cat just had dental surgery. After about a week I noticed she was still listless... (27639 views)

Liver shunt or exercise induced collapse? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a 2 year old female lab named Harper. Harper loves to play... (6711 views)

Dog can't move tail. My dog's tail is bent at the base and it is almost as if she can't move it. It seems... (13518 views)

Bald on belly. My cat is around seven years old and recently started going bald on her stomach.... (12548 views)

Bottom lip tremor. my poodle has recently developed a bottom lip tremor. What would cause... (34313 views)

Lack of bladder control. I HAVE A FEMALE COCKER SPANIEL WHO IS THE OFF SPRING OF MY OWN MALE AND FEMALE WHO... (16685 views)

Cushing's and panting. I saw where you advised a person on dog breathing problems, that is could be... (44963 views)