Dog vomiting clear mucus and white foam.

Breed: Bulldog and Mastiff
My dog continues to throw up a clear mucus with white foam. He is still very excited and doesn't appear to have any side effects. Sometimes it has undigested food in it. He eats taste of the wild dog food with bison. He vomits at least 5 times a week then stops for a week then starts again. any suggestions

Sorry to hear that Max may be having problems.

It can often be difficult to determine the cause of chronic vomiting.

If this were my case I would likely be advising xrays to be sure that there is no foreign object in the stomach. Whenever I see a young dog that is vomiting chronically this is one of the first things I think of.

You may also want to try a change to a different food for a while and see if this makes a difference.

It is a good idea to have your vet check a stool sample to be sure there aren't any parasites present.

If no cause can be found then your vet may recommend a stomach protecting drug such as pepcid to help reduce stomach acid.

Hope all goes ok!

Does my cat have glaucoma? About 2 weeks ago, I started noticing that Mietzi's right pupil would always stay... (8015 views)

Rat bleeding from eye. It started about 4-5 weeks ago when I noticed my girl was bleeding from her eye and... (23210 views)

Dog has heart murmur. Hello, Dr. Marie: When my dog was still a puppy, the vet told me that she had a 3... (40443 views)

Eye out of socket. MY PUPPY JUST GOT BIT BY A LARGE DOG IN THE LEFT EYE. THE EYE LOOKS LIKE ITS OUT OF... (13856 views)

Getting a second dog. We have allowed Kiba (our dog) to sleep in our room at night as when we first got... (9985 views)

Died after bloat surgery. My dog became sick early Friday morning (2am) and vomited 3 times between 2am and... (22867 views)

Coughing. Antifungals. My seven year old, male Lab cross, Nero, has a strange condition that I have not... (11188 views)

Brain tumor or epilepsy? Hi Dr. Marie I have a yellow lab named Sam He experienced seizures twice... (13234 views)

Pug died after pooping blood. my female pug passed away between 4:00A.M. & 8:00 A.m. yesterday. She had never... (61079 views)

Liver shunt or MVD Hello Dr. Maria. I have a 6 month old male Dachshund. He went in to get a neuter... (16615 views)