Dog vomiting clear mucus and white foam.

Breed: Bulldog and Mastiff
My dog continues to throw up a clear mucus with white foam. He is still very excited and doesn't appear to have any side effects. Sometimes it has undigested food in it. He eats taste of the wild dog food with bison. He vomits at least 5 times a week then stops for a week then starts again. any suggestions

Sorry to hear that Max may be having problems.

It can often be difficult to determine the cause of chronic vomiting.

If this were my case I would likely be advising xrays to be sure that there is no foreign object in the stomach. Whenever I see a young dog that is vomiting chronically this is one of the first things I think of.

You may also want to try a change to a different food for a while and see if this makes a difference.

It is a good idea to have your vet check a stool sample to be sure there aren't any parasites present.

If no cause can be found then your vet may recommend a stomach protecting drug such as pepcid to help reduce stomach acid.

Hope all goes ok!

Liver disease and diarrhea? Hi Dr. Marie My 11 y.o. Boston Andi (about 14 pounds) has been a healthy girl all... (5054 views)

Trouble with back legs. I have a 11 yr old, inside only cat, that is a little over weight approx. 15lbs.... (34667 views)

Becoming a veterinary assistant? I want to become a vet assistant. I have enrolled in an online course that teaches... (4394 views)

Jaundiced dog. Hi, I have an 8yr old female labrador that on the 30th December, 2013 evening... (14561 views)

Unexplained fever in a dog. Hi Dr. Marie, My pit bull Indy has always been in pretty good health but has... (8343 views)

Dog has heart failure. Hello, I am considering adopting a special needs dog. He is 3 and has a grade 3... (6578 views)

Child and dog have a virus. My puppy that is 9 weeks old has had all shot. Today he has terrible diarrhea and... (6477 views)

Swollen muzzle in cat. Hello, I gave my cat food this morning and when she went to eat it, she made this... (8776 views)

High stepping and chattering. My dog has suddenly started walking funny. He lifts his paws up higher than normal... (8828 views)

Cat is sneezing a lot. I have a two year old cat. I adopted her from a shelter last December. When I... (28819 views)