Lump near spay incision.

Breed: American Pitbull ter
Dog has sore on paw looks like a circle and it's very tender to touch. It has swollen her paw pad and she is limping won't even walk around the block as we normally do.
Also, she got spay two months ago and has a bubble of red at bottom of scar of her stitches.
I have photos if need be.
Please advise if you know what this could be.
Thank you very much.

Thanks for your question. I would love to see photos. You can send them to photos@askavetquestion.com.

I sent the photos

Thanks for sending me the photos. Let's start with the lump near her spay incision:

lump near spay incision

I can't give you a diagnosis without actually seeing this in person, but this looks very much to me like there is a suture knot that is trying to work its way through the skin. This is quite common. If this is the case, then it's a good idea to have your vet take a look. They may be able to get this knot out quite easily.

If it is a knot, there is a chance that it could work its way out on its own, but if it has been two months now I think it's best to have your vet take a look.

It's also possible that this is a localized area of infection on the incision.

Now, let's move on to the paw. This photo is a little harder to make out:

spot on paw

If this spot on your dog's paw is painful, then I am concerned that there may be something in there like a thorn or a piece of glass. It's possible that it could work its way out, but it may need to come out surgically. If the vet can't see anything obvious there then they may prescribe some antibiotics. It's possible that there was an object there but it is now gone and the area is infected.

There are autoimmune lesions that can affect the paw pads and leave lesions like this, but this does not look like this to me.

It really does sound like a vet visit is in order.

Hope things work out ok!

Thank you!

Lab not eating. Dakota, my lab, has stopped eating over the last couple of weeks and is losing... (7636 views)

Cat itchy on neck. Recently my cat has been scratching in the area just below her neck at the top of... (7433 views)

Severe skin problems. My dog Leila started licking on 8/1/12. Her spots looked like hot spots on elbows... (4610 views)

Cat's tail fell off. My cat is a male, seven year old, siamese crossed with ginger named Skittles. Around... (26390 views)

Cat licking at belly. My Cat has been licking and cleaning her abdomen untill she as removed most of the... (5035 views)

Bladder stones again. Hi there My cat had 100% blockage of urethra in Sept 2009, and underwent PU... (8358 views)

Atropine? I live in a tiny town in Nicaragua and there is no vet...just a veterinary food and... (3368 views)

Submissive urination. I adopted this dog on Thursday. I took him to the vets on Friday and he was checked... (7852 views)

Is my cat losing weight? My 15 year old male cat looks and feels like he has lost weight. However, his weight... (3216 views)

Worms in vomit. My dog threw up a yellow substance and it had worm like creatures I it what should I... (6069 views)