Lump near spay incision.

Breed: American Pitbull ter
Dog has sore on paw looks like a circle and it's very tender to touch. It has swollen her paw pad and she is limping won't even walk around the block as we normally do.
Also, she got spay two months ago and has a bubble of red at bottom of scar of her stitches.
I have photos if need be.
Please advise if you know what this could be.
Thank you very much.

Thanks for your question. I would love to see photos. You can send them to photos@askavetquestion.com.

I sent the photos

Thanks for sending me the photos. Let's start with the lump near her spay incision:

lump near spay incision

I can't give you a diagnosis without actually seeing this in person, but this looks very much to me like there is a suture knot that is trying to work its way through the skin. This is quite common. If this is the case, then it's a good idea to have your vet take a look. They may be able to get this knot out quite easily.

If it is a knot, there is a chance that it could work its way out on its own, but if it has been two months now I think it's best to have your vet take a look.

It's also possible that this is a localized area of infection on the incision.

Now, let's move on to the paw. This photo is a little harder to make out:

spot on paw

If this spot on your dog's paw is painful, then I am concerned that there may be something in there like a thorn or a piece of glass. It's possible that it could work its way out, but it may need to come out surgically. If the vet can't see anything obvious there then they may prescribe some antibiotics. It's possible that there was an object there but it is now gone and the area is infected.

There are autoimmune lesions that can affect the paw pads and leave lesions like this, but this does not look like this to me.

It really does sound like a vet visit is in order.

Hope things work out ok!

Thank you!

Diarrhea with canned food. We have only had goliath for 5 months. all my other cats I would give them a little... (5349 views)

Torn nail problem. my dog hooked her nail last saturday and broke the nail off very short and was... (11820 views)

Possible stroke? Hi, Back at the end of June my dog was hit by a truck, his brakes locked, and... (10101 views)

Bump on tail tip. I noticed a small bump near the very end of my dog's tail, about 1/2 inch wide. She... (40810 views)

Deformed leg on puppy. I have a Pomeranian Maltese that gave birth early yesterday morning. When going to... (11182 views)

Calicivirus questions My cat has just had all of her teeth removed because of stomatitis. My vet said... (8938 views)

Scabs on cat's back. For a couple of months now, I’ve noticed my cat has been trying to scratch her... (176415 views)

Large lump on back. hi. my dog has a large hump on the top of his back. it doesn't seem to hurt him at... (16587 views)

Dog ate a grape. Hi, My 2 year old miniature schnauzer ate a red seedless grape about 20 minutes... (11423 views)

Ear swollen like balloon. My dog has a large swelling on her ear that looks like a balloon. She is shaking... (26781 views)