Lump near spay incision.

Breed: American Pitbull ter
Dog has sore on paw looks like a circle and it's very tender to touch. It has swollen her paw pad and she is limping won't even walk around the block as we normally do.
Also, she got spay two months ago and has a bubble of red at bottom of scar of her stitches.
I have photos if need be.
Please advise if you know what this could be.
Thank you very much.

Thanks for your question. I would love to see photos. You can send them to

Disclaimer: Although Dr. Marie is a qualified veterinarian, the information found on this site is not meant to replace the advice of your own veterinarian. and Dr. Marie do not accept any responsibility for any loss, damage, injury, death, or disease which may arise from reliance on information contained on this site. Do not use information found on this site for diagnosing or treating your pet. Anything you read here is for information only.

I sent the photos

Thanks for sending me the photos. Let's start with the lump near her spay incision:

lump near spay incision

I can't give you a diagnosis without actually seeing this in person, but this looks very much to me like there is a suture knot that is trying to work its way through the skin. This is quite common. If this is the case, then it's a good idea to have your vet take a look. They may be able to get this knot out quite easily.

If it is a knot, there is a chance that it could work its way out on its own, but if it has been two months now I think it's best to have your vet take a look.

It's also possible that this is a localized area of infection on the incision.

Now, let's move on to the paw. This photo is a little harder to make out:

spot on paw

If this spot on your dog's paw is painful, then I am concerned that there may be something in there like a thorn or a piece of glass. It's possible that it could work its way out, but it may need to come out surgically. If the vet can't see anything obvious there then they may prescribe some antibiotics. It's possible that there was an object there but it is now gone and the area is infected.

There are autoimmune lesions that can affect the paw pads and leave lesions like this, but this does not look like this to me.

It really does sound like a vet visit is in order.

Hope things work out ok!

Thank you!

Should surgery be done? I have a female labrador, who is six year old and was nutered when she was 1 year... (4676 views)

Cat struggling to breathe. It looks like my cat is struggling to breathe. I can see her chest moving up and... (10967 views)

Did I make the right decision? Hello, I guess my question isn't so much of a question but more of a plea for... (38162 views)

Do male cats go into heat? Hi, I recived a new male cat and I would like to know if exist a "tablett" or... (6008 views)

Lump on dog's leg. Hi Dr. Marie! Spanky is 5 years old and very healthy. His energy is good and, as... (31027 views)

Ivermectin toxicity in a cat. My kitten and I live in Democractic Republic of Congo. Today, a vet administered an... (9923 views)

Tick Borne Disease. I took my dog to the vet on both Friday and Saturday. He has a fever. He has a... (8473 views)

Abscess on dog's neck. We have been keeping an eye on a hard lump on my boxers upper neck, by ear. It... (24741 views)

Dog is obsessively licking at things. Hello. I have a question about my dog. I think she's experienced some tummy... (5908 views)

Is my dog in heat? my dog was really sick and she wouldnt eat. then after a few days she got better and... (29805 views)