Lump near spay incision.

Breed: American Pitbull ter
Dog has sore on paw looks like a circle and it's very tender to touch. It has swollen her paw pad and she is limping won't even walk around the block as we normally do.
Also, she got spay two months ago and has a bubble of red at bottom of scar of her stitches.
I have photos if need be.
Please advise if you know what this could be.
Thank you very much.

Thanks for your question. I would love to see photos. You can send them to photos@askavetquestion.com.

I sent the photos

Thanks for sending me the photos. Let's start with the lump near her spay incision:

lump near spay incision

I can't give you a diagnosis without actually seeing this in person, but this looks very much to me like there is a suture knot that is trying to work its way through the skin. This is quite common. If this is the case, then it's a good idea to have your vet take a look. They may be able to get this knot out quite easily.

If it is a knot, there is a chance that it could work its way out on its own, but if it has been two months now I think it's best to have your vet take a look.

It's also possible that this is a localized area of infection on the incision.

Now, let's move on to the paw. This photo is a little harder to make out:

spot on paw

If this spot on your dog's paw is painful, then I am concerned that there may be something in there like a thorn or a piece of glass. It's possible that it could work its way out, but it may need to come out surgically. If the vet can't see anything obvious there then they may prescribe some antibiotics. It's possible that there was an object there but it is now gone and the area is infected.

There are autoimmune lesions that can affect the paw pads and leave lesions like this, but this does not look like this to me.

It really does sound like a vet visit is in order.

Hope things work out ok!

Thank you!

Immune mediated disease. Our dog was taken to the vet on July 3rd after 2 days of lethargy and falling over... (12417 views)

Dog with back problems. I know it's log winded, but I wanted to include all the information... (15867 views)

Itchy dog. I had noticed the oldest one of my dogs, Chloe, chewing and itching a little more... (39041 views)

Young cat died after sneezing. I run a very small rescue. I have about 10 cat cages that I utilize. I had four... (5765 views)

Stress from travel. Hello, I have a question about my cat. He is 3 years old and he arrived in the UK... (3057 views)

Is this fleas? Dear Dr. Marie, This is my 2nd time asking a question. Thank you for your great... (4784 views)

Licking feet. My cat has suddenly been licking her back paws consistently and thumping them... (5218 views)

Trouble swallowing. My 6-year-old shepherd developed a major mucus production problem in the last month.... (10218 views)

Drooling and not eating. My female cat, Patches, has been with me since I was young. She has never been to a... (9016 views)

Proin for incontinence. Our lab is 4 years old and has had a urinary problem since birth. When he sleeps or... (8210 views)