Lump near spay incision.

Breed: American Pitbull ter
Dog has sore on paw looks like a circle and it's very tender to touch. It has swollen her paw pad and she is limping won't even walk around the block as we normally do.
Also, she got spay two months ago and has a bubble of red at bottom of scar of her stitches.
I have photos if need be.
Please advise if you know what this could be.
Thank you very much.

Thanks for your question. I would love to see photos. You can send them to photos@askavetquestion.com.

I sent the photos

Thanks for sending me the photos. Let's start with the lump near her spay incision:

lump near spay incision

I can't give you a diagnosis without actually seeing this in person, but this looks very much to me like there is a suture knot that is trying to work its way through the skin. This is quite common. If this is the case, then it's a good idea to have your vet take a look. They may be able to get this knot out quite easily.

If it is a knot, there is a chance that it could work its way out on its own, but if it has been two months now I think it's best to have your vet take a look.

It's also possible that this is a localized area of infection on the incision.

Now, let's move on to the paw. This photo is a little harder to make out:

spot on paw

If this spot on your dog's paw is painful, then I am concerned that there may be something in there like a thorn or a piece of glass. It's possible that it could work its way out, but it may need to come out surgically. If the vet can't see anything obvious there then they may prescribe some antibiotics. It's possible that there was an object there but it is now gone and the area is infected.

There are autoimmune lesions that can affect the paw pads and leave lesions like this, but this does not look like this to me.

It really does sound like a vet visit is in order.

Hope things work out ok!

Thank you!

Vomiting 3 times per day. My dog is vomiting about 3x per day. She seems to be happy and wants to eat a... (19758 views)

Vaccine FeLV positive cat? If my cat tested positive for FeLv should he still get vaccine boosters like fvrcp,... (6903 views)

Painful dog. I have a small dog, under 20 pounds, that I rescued off the street in Mexico. I'm... (8252 views)

Cat pooping on floor. My cat doesn't poop in her litter box, so I put down rugs near her litter box and... (10899 views)

Shaking and tucking tail. 3 days ago my dog, who was being taken on a walk in the morning, suddenly started... (185796 views)

Possible coonhound paralysis? My dogs front right leg went out on him last night. He was on waiting list for ACL... (10533 views)

Dog is obsessively licking at things. Hello. I have a question about my dog. I think she's experienced some tummy... (8012 views)

Lumps on belly Hello, Dr. Marie: I noticed some small bumps on my dog's bladder on/near the site... (17655 views)

Bone cancer in leg. Hello My cat is 13 years old he was always a big cat and then became a big fat cat.... (16065 views)

9 month old puppy pregnant? My puppy is only 9 months old and she was in heat for her first time. Her father was... (34747 views)