Good appetite in blind deaf cat.

Breed: himalyan
my cat is over 15 years old she is partially blind and deaf she misses her litterbox these last couple of months she constantly eats but is suffering i cant get myself to put her to sleep what would you do i cant gete myself to go through with it

It's always hard to make the tough decision for euthanasia.

I would highly advise a vet visit for Mochie. If she is eating a lot it is possible that she has a condition called hyperthyroidism. If so, your vet can put her on medication that will really help.

Your vet can also help you decide when it is time for euthanasia.

I generally have a few criteria:
-Is the cat eating ok? If not, then it may mean that there is some pain or suffering?
-Does she seem to be enjoying life?
-Are you enjoying having her?

I do find that most of my clients just seem to "know" when it is time.

Should surgery be done? I have a female labrador, who is six year old and was nutered when she was 1 year... (7861 views)

Guinea pig-Scab and itchy. my guinea pig is scratching a sore what is wrong with... (13121 views)

Why can't I get rid of fleas? How do I permanently get rid of fleas? I have tried flea shampoos, and De Flea... (12714 views)

Vomiting undigested food. My cat primarily eats dry food. She frequently vomits undigested food.What can I do... (15485 views)

Bald spots on bulldog's legs. We purchased a baby bulldog about a month ago. We already had a bulldog, Mina, and... (33194 views)

Benadryl for thunderstorms? My dog is terified of thunderstoms. Pants, tongue hanging out, eyes huge, and heart... (41195 views)

Swollen hip. I am so worried about my dog Holly. I think she may have hip dysplasia. Her hip is... (12633 views)

Sick 4 week old puppies. i have 5 chihuahua puppies of 4 weeks, and last night one of the pup's started... (23265 views)

Crusty ears on a cat. My just over 3 month old, 100% indoor kitten has some crustiness on both tip/edge of... (32165 views)

Homemade chicken jerky treats for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, If you do choose to answer my questions, I thank you so much in... (7155 views)