Good appetite in blind deaf cat.

Breed: himalyan
my cat is over 15 years old she is partially blind and deaf she misses her litterbox these last couple of months she constantly eats but is suffering i cant get myself to put her to sleep what would you do i cant gete myself to go through with it

It's always hard to make the tough decision for euthanasia.

I would highly advise a vet visit for Mochie. If she is eating a lot it is possible that she has a condition called hyperthyroidism. If so, your vet can put her on medication that will really help.

Your vet can also help you decide when it is time for euthanasia.

I generally have a few criteria:
-Is the cat eating ok? If not, then it may mean that there is some pain or suffering?
-Does she seem to be enjoying life?
-Are you enjoying having her?

I do find that most of my clients just seem to "know" when it is time.

High liver enzymes. He has had major allergy problems since April 2010. He is seeing both holistic and... (20390 views)

Diabetic cat diet. Hi, I am the owner of two siamese cats (female) from same litter - 11.5 years old.... (11441 views)

Is he really gone? My very elderly dog very sadly had to be put to sleep a few days ago. This was... (30997 views)

Sick Yorkie Buddy has been acting sick for about a week, being lethargic and unresponsive,... (5564 views)

Cancer or pyometra? My lab who was quite healthy up and until August started to show a dulling coat and... (11811 views)

Dog ate Zoloft. please answer this question, please.. my dog chloe has eaten my anti depressants i... (52475 views)

Can dogs eat fruits and vegetables? Can dogs eat vegatbles or fruits. Thank... (10979 views)

Dog licking everything My dog has recently started compulsivley licking his paws/us/anything else he can... (14473 views)

Factory Farms and CAFOS Hello my name is Alyssa. I am a senior at FD Roosevelt Senior High School. I am... (6716 views)

Does my cat have feline leukemia? have a 6 year old female cat with up to date FeLV and FIV vaccinations. She has the... (5146 views)