Good appetite in blind deaf cat.

Breed: himalyan
my cat is over 15 years old she is partially blind and deaf she misses her litterbox these last couple of months she constantly eats but is suffering i cant get myself to put her to sleep what would you do i cant gete myself to go through with it

It's always hard to make the tough decision for euthanasia.

I would highly advise a vet visit for Mochie. If she is eating a lot it is possible that she has a condition called hyperthyroidism. If so, your vet can put her on medication that will really help.

Your vet can also help you decide when it is time for euthanasia.

I generally have a few criteria:
-Is the cat eating ok? If not, then it may mean that there is some pain or suffering?
-Does she seem to be enjoying life?
-Are you enjoying having her?

I do find that most of my clients just seem to "know" when it is time.

Head tremors and bloody discharge. Dear Dr. Marie my fiance Melissa contacted you friday 02/26/2010 about are cat... (6860 views)

Lump on dog's chest. My dog has a lump on the right side of his chest. (I think it's his chest. It's an... (17535 views)

Scabs on cat's ears. Our cat has spots on her ears that look like bites or sores. We have had her to the... (7448 views)

Tapeworms in cat. I've been using drontal deworming xl tablets to treat my cat with tapeworms also... (4942 views)

Cats pooping on the carpet. I have 2 beautiful, loving cats (male/female) 6 years old. They are siblings from... (14680 views)

Kidney disease and seizures. My cat is 17 years old. She has had kidney disease for five years. I have multiple... (16353 views)

Too small for spay? My cat is really small, about nine ten pounds,is it safe to get her... (5557 views)

Older dog won't eat. My dog has been losing her appetite for about 2 months. She would no longer eat her... (10471 views)

Are chicken bones bad for dogs? Bobby has a very sensitive stomach. He has been vomiting lately. We gave him some... (13925 views)

Cause of high ALP? mickey a male is 6 and 1/2 years old. he was prescribed on 8/12/11 rimadyl (1/2 75mg... (9723 views)