Good appetite in blind deaf cat.

Breed: himalyan
my cat is over 15 years old she is partially blind and deaf she misses her litterbox these last couple of months she constantly eats but is suffering i cant get myself to put her to sleep what would you do i cant gete myself to go through with it

It's always hard to make the tough decision for euthanasia.

I would highly advise a vet visit for Mochie. If she is eating a lot it is possible that she has a condition called hyperthyroidism. If so, your vet can put her on medication that will really help.

Your vet can also help you decide when it is time for euthanasia.

I generally have a few criteria:
-Is the cat eating ok? If not, then it may mean that there is some pain or suffering?
-Does she seem to be enjoying life?
-Are you enjoying having her?

I do find that most of my clients just seem to "know" when it is time.

Vaccine FeLV positive cat? If my cat tested positive for FeLv should he still get vaccine boosters like fvrcp,... (6669 views)

Paying for megacolon surgery. hello my cat has mega-colon my question is do you know of any place that might be... (8100 views)

Sick pregnant cat. hi, i think my cat is pregnant, shes suddenly put on alot of weight and has spotted... (8465 views)

Is Raid toxic to cats? My fiance lives in Florida and sprays Raid insecticide to kill bugs. In a few months... (98524 views)

Bumps over dog's body. My pug is having dry bumps on his body.. It's not paining him but yeah it's bit... (8049 views)

Jaundiced dog. Hi, I have an 8yr old female labrador that on the 30th December, 2013 evening... (14995 views)

Kitten has diarrhea my kitten is 8-10 weeks old...shes been on dry food now for about 3 weeks. was on... (5038 views)

Hyperthyroid older cat. Dear Dr. Marie: My cat is 25 years old and has been relatively healthy in the 10... (7835 views)

Liver shunt or exercise induced collapse? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a 2 year old female lab named Harper. Harper loves to play... (5149 views)

Allergy treatment. I know Memphis has allergies. Within the last month he has started itching his eyes.... (7671 views)