Good appetite in blind deaf cat.

Breed: himalyan
my cat is over 15 years old she is partially blind and deaf she misses her litterbox these last couple of months she constantly eats but is suffering i cant get myself to put her to sleep what would you do i cant gete myself to go through with it

It's always hard to make the tough decision for euthanasia.

I would highly advise a vet visit for Mochie. If she is eating a lot it is possible that she has a condition called hyperthyroidism. If so, your vet can put her on medication that will really help.

Your vet can also help you decide when it is time for euthanasia.

I generally have a few criteria:
-Is the cat eating ok? If not, then it may mean that there is some pain or suffering?
-Does she seem to be enjoying life?
-Are you enjoying having her?

I do find that most of my clients just seem to "know" when it is time.

Puppy stepped on. my 7 wk old pure staffie has just been accidently stood on by one foot of my 14-15... (42110 views)

Is Raid toxic to cats? My fiance lives in Florida and sprays Raid insecticide to kill bugs. In a few months... (103648 views)

Lab has a lump on his muzzle. We took our 2 1/2 year old female lab to Bradshaw Vet for a lump on her muzzle. I... (12208 views)

Infection on leg. My dog has been licking his inner thigh to the point where it is very red and there... (19307 views)

Is this a flea problem? My small 3 year old in door cat very recently survived a bout with flea anemia. We... (9992 views)

Swelling inside leg. I got my beagle from a beagle rescue, so I don't know too much about her background... (24603 views)

Hypothyroidism, diabetes and glaucoma. my 10 year old lab is hypo thyroid and diabetic 12 units twice a day. she has gone... (8943 views)

Tramadol and SAMe Hello Dr. Marie! I feel like Oreo and I have become somewhat of a regular here on... (14474 views)

Cat losing clumps of fur Our beloved 9 yo old male cat Gretzkey is ripping his hair out in clumps. Our house... (43118 views)

Dog is losing weight. I have a 7yr old larger sized min pin. Had her fixed at 1yrs old and she has always... (10462 views)