Good appetite in blind deaf cat.

Breed: himalyan
my cat is over 15 years old she is partially blind and deaf she misses her litterbox these last couple of months she constantly eats but is suffering i cant get myself to put her to sleep what would you do i cant gete myself to go through with it

It's always hard to make the tough decision for euthanasia.

I would highly advise a vet visit for Mochie. If she is eating a lot it is possible that she has a condition called hyperthyroidism. If so, your vet can put her on medication that will really help.

Your vet can also help you decide when it is time for euthanasia.

I generally have a few criteria:
-Is the cat eating ok? If not, then it may mean that there is some pain or suffering?
-Does she seem to be enjoying life?
-Are you enjoying having her?

I do find that most of my clients just seem to "know" when it is time.

Shaking after grooming. Millie is an otherwise healthy 8 year old Bijon Poo. Don't know if this is related,... (31930 views)

Coughing and not eating. I recently adopted Bell (female) and Sid (6 month old male from a local animal... (4398 views)

Bite wound not healing. My dog was attacked on the weekend and had a puncture wound on her left shoulder.... (16189 views)

Cat is getting lazy. Not urgent. Snowy used to play with paper and bottle tops and whatever else he could... (10295 views)

High liver enzymes. After vomiting, we took him to the vet, thinking it was a sinus or allergy... (8931 views)

Cut my dog while grooming. My mother was trimming Levi's fringe, and accidentally cut skin instead. Needless to... (48303 views)

Best ear cleaner? i would like to know which solution is better to use, oti-clens or... (5074 views)

Repeated diarrhea and vomiting. Dr. Marie: Thank you for your input and warning -- this will be a bit lengthy. I... (9232 views)

Cat ate A&D cream. Four days ago Salem licked some A&D cream. I called poison control and they there... (15419 views)

Accidents outside of box. Mt cat is litter box trained and has been since she was around 3 months old. We... (4824 views)