Vomiting every day.

Breed: dom short hair
My cat has been throwing up almost every day for weeks but not after feeding. This morning it was about an hour before eating. I will hear him start to heave and then find 2 or 3 puddles of light brown liquid. I noticed that there would be pieces of my silk plant mixed in so that was moved out of his reach but he continues to throw up. He is on an indoor dry cat food, fed twice a day via auto feeder. He seems to be starving all of the time and constantly tries to break into the feeder to get more food. I wasn't worried initially because he was chewing on the artificial plants but since it's continuing I am concerned.

Sometimes it can be normal for a cat to vomit. But what you are describing sounds far too frequent.

I have a few thoughts about what could be going on.

You have described some symptoms of hyperthyroidism. Cats with a thyroid problem will be voraciously hungry and often will vomit quite frequently. They usually do lose a lot of weight but sometimes this happens gradually enough that owners don't notice the weight loss.

If he is hyperthyroid then the way to find out is to have your vet do some blood tests on him. For most cats hyperthyroidism is treated quite easily with medication, but it is medicine that he would need to have for the rest of his life.

If he is not hyperthryoid then another thing that could cause these symptoms is diabetes. However, most cats with diabetes have an extreme increase in thirst and urination.

Another possibility is inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). While you would think that inflammatory bowel disease would cause diarrhea, in some cats it causes vomiting. IBD is hard to diagnose without doing a surgery to biopsy the intestines. However, if your cat's tests turn out to be normal then your vet may talk about treating for IBD.

What you have described doesn't sound like something simple like a hairball or a dislike of a certain kind of food.

It would be really great if you could have Lazy Boy examined by a vet soon. If he does have hyperthryoidism and it goes untreated it can cause serious problems with his heart and can even cause blindness.

I really hope he is ok!

Remove baby teeth with spay? Hello, My wife's puppy is 9 months old. she weighs 3.6 pounds. She needs to get... (9930 views)

Wound on cat. My father's cat Jerry is 3 year old neutered male DSH who is up-to-date on all... (4687 views)

Pimples on dog's stomach. Your Question: Edit Question Our dog suddenly got little pimple-like lesions all... (36309 views)

Strange cat behavior. I've looked a bit online and have not quite found everything my cat is doing. I have... (47797 views)

Neomycin dangerous to cats? by fault i wish i hadn't, i gave my cat eardrops containing neomycin (i only gave... (16150 views)

Sick after having puppies. I have an important question about my dog. She had puppies 2 weeks ago and suddenly... (9888 views)

1 month puppy can't poop. She has been constipated for 3 days. We have put half tsp. olive oil in food, giving... (13593 views)

Shaking, Limping dog. yest. my dog was laying down inside my garage later on i noticed that she was... (24486 views)

Hair loss at base of tail. My cat has been pulling her fur out near the base of her tail,leaving swollen bald... (14013 views)

Yorkie with Possible Pyometra. have a 7 year old female Yorkie that has been limp and despondent for 3 days. She... (13291 views)