Dog can't pee.

Breed: Siberian husky
I was outside today and I looked over at my dog. He bent over to pee but no pee came out. Should I be concerned?

It is always a serious matter when a dog can't urinate. There are several possibilities.

It's possible that your dog has a bladder stone that has moved into the urethra. If a stone is in the urethra then this is a life threatening emergency. The dog will be either unable to urinate or able to urinate a tiny amount.

Another possibility is a urinary tract infection which is making Jack feel like he has to urinate even when there is no urine there.

In either case, this dog needs to see a vet right away!

Two gerbils fighting. i have a gerbil that i got and i put it with my other gerbil and they were fiting... (10267 views)

Dachshund with seizures. Gina had an episode that looked like a seizure about 1.5 years ago for a first time.... (12657 views)

Benadryl for allergies? Dear Dr. Marie, Sadie, my eight year old daschund has a skin condition that causes... (8898 views)

Kitten got head caught in door. The kitten got its head caught in the pantry door as it was closing. It seems to... (27679 views)

Not eating and very weak. Our dog has been quite sick for a bit over a week now. We live on a small island in... (59396 views)

Dental care for older dog. I have an older dog with bad teeth but no way to afford doggy dental. I was... (25667 views)

Type of clippers? I need to know what kind or brand of trimmer to use on my rough coat Collie. Tried... (12316 views)

Cat is eating less and vomiting. Bernie has been on Royal Canin wet Overweight Management food for awhile. Lately he... (6709 views)

Clavaseptin and diarrhea. My puppy recently had to spend a night at the vet, we are pretty sure he just ate... (17825 views)

Frontline and Revolution safe for pregnant dogs. Dr. Marie my poor yorkie is pregnet and she got flees from my sisters new dog what... (50249 views)