Dog can't pee.

Breed: Siberian husky
I was outside today and I looked over at my dog. He bent over to pee but no pee came out. Should I be concerned?

It is always a serious matter when a dog can't urinate. There are several possibilities.

It's possible that your dog has a bladder stone that has moved into the urethra. If a stone is in the urethra then this is a life threatening emergency. The dog will be either unable to urinate or able to urinate a tiny amount.

Another possibility is a urinary tract infection which is making Jack feel like he has to urinate even when there is no urine there.

In either case, this dog needs to see a vet right away!

Large lymph nodes. I spoke with you on sunday night about my shih tzu., I brought him to the vet on... (24600 views)

Aural Hematoma my 12 yr old italian greyhound's ear is puffy. not the inner ear but the ear itself.... (11958 views)

Two gerbils fighting. i have a gerbil that i got and i put it with my other gerbil and they were fiting... (9407 views)

what kind of dog to get Hi Please help! I want to get my Golden Retriever (male) a friend, but not... (7556 views)

Coconut milk for dogs. Okay my dog has suffered colitis since he was a pup, numerous vets said his food was... (113442 views)

Wound on dog's ear. Hello, my puppy has a tiny hole underneath his ear flap. It's red and I worry its... (20209 views)

Cat with asthma. My Abby was diagnosed with a respiratory problem similar to asthma and was... (9840 views)

Not eating, drinking or peeing. I aquired this 10yr old fixed,declawed male cat a couple of months ago. for about 4... (13350 views)

Cat has lump on neck. hi dr marie my cat abby has been bitten or posioned on her neck first it was a big... (15115 views)

Sneezing and runny eyes. My cat seems to be ill. It's been a few days that starts sneezing. Now its... (6207 views)