Dog can't pee.

Breed: Siberian husky
I was outside today and I looked over at my dog. He bent over to pee but no pee came out. Should I be concerned?

It is always a serious matter when a dog can't urinate. There are several possibilities.

It's possible that your dog has a bladder stone that has moved into the urethra. If a stone is in the urethra then this is a life threatening emergency. The dog will be either unable to urinate or able to urinate a tiny amount.

Another possibility is a urinary tract infection which is making Jack feel like he has to urinate even when there is no urine there.

In either case, this dog needs to see a vet right away!

Cat fell off balcony. i was gone out of town for a couple of days and i live in the first floor up, i... (21634 views)

Are soy nuts bad for dogs? Are roasted soynuts safe for... (20898 views)

Puppies with dandruff. We got 5 puppies from a friend of mine and the puppies have hair loss itching and it... (9320 views)

Pregnant 10 month old dog. my mini doberman is 10 months and shes pregnant can she die? and how many dogs can... (16603 views)

Goat's milk for puppies. Is goat's milk good to give nursing puppies? My puppies won't nurse and I was told... (10161 views)

High liver enzymes. He has had major allergy problems since April 2010. He is seeing both holistic and... (23190 views)

Cancer in ear. Cat died. I recently put our beloved cat Benny to sleep after a tragic event that I am... (13911 views)

Coughing blood and mucus. Marvin has been periodically coughing up mucus with blood in it. He has a tumor of... (34736 views)

Dog won't go downstairs. He is 5 years old, not less than 3 months. My pop up blocker wouldn't let me change... (26684 views)

Sore shoulder. My cat just came home yesterday with a mild limp (indoor-outdoor cat)He whines a... (19578 views)