Dog can't pee.

Breed: Siberian husky
I was outside today and I looked over at my dog. He bent over to pee but no pee came out. Should I be concerned?

It is always a serious matter when a dog can't urinate. There are several possibilities.

It's possible that your dog has a bladder stone that has moved into the urethra. If a stone is in the urethra then this is a life threatening emergency. The dog will be either unable to urinate or able to urinate a tiny amount.

Another possibility is a urinary tract infection which is making Jack feel like he has to urinate even when there is no urine there.

In either case, this dog needs to see a vet right away!

Cat has diarrhea. Hi, Our cat has diarrhea - it seems that she licks and licks herself and then it... (7807 views)

Lump on dog's belly. Hi Dr. Marie I have a 5 year old Cocker Spaniel female - spayed when she was a... (15150 views)

Cosequin questions Deja has been X-rayed and the vet here has informed me he has arthritis in his left... (13030 views)

Hairless cat skin problem. I recently took my hairless cats collar off and there was a small red sore were the... (9845 views)

Dog vomiting clear fluid. Today we noticed that Cassie is vomiting clear fluid (with a little foam) all over... (218517 views)

Oozing boil on dog's paw. My dog has a sort of woozing boil on her paw and all around it there is hair loss... (11618 views)

Seizure and diarrhea. Hi. My dog had a seizure this morning. her legs started shaking but she still had... (29507 views)

Diarrhea and coughing. First off let me apologize for the convoluted description of the symptoms, but I... (5248 views)

Is this dog cryptorchid? Jupiter is 71/2 months old. At 8 weeks vet noted both testicles desended. At 5... (18946 views)

Very sick puppy. Hi there So we bought a puppy from this lady a few days ago. The puppy was fine... (7609 views)