Dog can't pee.

Breed: Siberian husky
I was outside today and I looked over at my dog. He bent over to pee but no pee came out. Should I be concerned?

It is always a serious matter when a dog can't urinate. There are several possibilities.

It's possible that your dog has a bladder stone that has moved into the urethra. If a stone is in the urethra then this is a life threatening emergency. The dog will be either unable to urinate or able to urinate a tiny amount.

Another possibility is a urinary tract infection which is making Jack feel like he has to urinate even when there is no urine there.

In either case, this dog needs to see a vet right away!

D-Con mice bait ingested. 75 to 80 lb dog ingested D-con mice bait, eliminated it all in bowel movement,... (17925 views)

Is vet just trying to make money? I have 3 cats aged 3, 4 and 7. Lately every time I walk into my DVM's off ice I... (8053 views)

Genetics of lymphoma for Goldens. Its been a tough week. This question is looking hopefully many years down the... (5044 views)

Yorkie has tartar on teeth. I have recently noticed that masey has tartar buildin up on her teeth, iv gave her... (7576 views)

Vuvlar tumor in a cat. Hello, 2 weeks ago i had my russian blue sterilised cat (elderly not sure how old... (9528 views)

Dog with back problems. I know it's log winded, but I wanted to include all the information... (18764 views)

Does vinegar kill fleas? I have two cats, and my tenant has one as well. We are aware that they have fleas... (7664 views)

Cat with a cold. My cat has a cold, and i was wondering if there is anything i can do at home for her... (16478 views)

Increase dog's phenobarb? Hi Marie, My 10 yr old Jack Russell Terrier has been a seizure dog for about 4... (16778 views)

Cerebellar hypoplasia in kittens. hi, my cat recently had kittens, their are four kittens, two cant walk or barely... (18424 views)