Dog can't pee.

Breed: Siberian husky
I was outside today and I looked over at my dog. He bent over to pee but no pee came out. Should I be concerned?

It is always a serious matter when a dog can't urinate. There are several possibilities.

It's possible that your dog has a bladder stone that has moved into the urethra. If a stone is in the urethra then this is a life threatening emergency. The dog will be either unable to urinate or able to urinate a tiny amount.

Another possibility is a urinary tract infection which is making Jack feel like he has to urinate even when there is no urine there.

In either case, this dog needs to see a vet right away!

Thyroid cancer? Hello, about 10 months ago my dog started heavily panting while playing with her... (11923 views)

Quiet, sneezing dog. My Choc Lab is acting very listless, sneezing constantly, her nose is cold, is still... (22076 views)

lump on dog's abdomen. Hi Dr Marie, Hopefully this is a simple question. I've noticed that one of Max's... (21370 views)

Cat having trouble urinating. I have a cat, a very lively talkative cat, who is displaying health problems. She... (7312 views)

Rat with facial swelling. My rat has developed swelling on the left side of her face. Her entire cheek has... (20348 views)

Watery diarrhea. My cat has had consistent diarrhea and vomiting for some time. Her vet began... (5504 views)

Parvo carrier? A dog by the name of Bo was pulled from the pound along with some puppies, the... (29791 views)

Dog bite wound. Hello, My dog got bit by a Pit bull on Saturday 9/1. I was not able to take him to... (12480 views)

Dog with masticatory myositis. hi my dog has had masticatory myositis last jan and again in april and now has it... (10384 views)

Possible stroke? Hi, Back at the end of June my dog was hit by a truck, his brakes locked, and... (10297 views)