Does Vick's Vapo rub help cat's breathing?

Breed: mixed
My vet says my cat has a sinus tumor and a Iwas wondering if vicks would help him to breathe easier?

I'm so sorry to hear that Kitty may have a tumor in his nose.

Vicks actually can be mildly toxic to cats and can cause salivating, vomiting and diarrhea. So, unfortunately I would not suggest using vicks.

One thing that may help is to run the shower for a while and get the bathroom good and steamy. Then, you can have Kitty stay in the bathroom for 10 minutes. The steam may help to loosen up the congestion.

I hope this helps!

Dog ate battery fluid. My dog chewed up a AA battery. It doesn't appear that she ingested any pieces of it... (17568 views)

Gagging dog. Last night, my dog was in his crate for bed, when I heard him gag for the first... (98340 views)

Dental care for older dog. I have an older dog with bad teeth but no way to afford doggy dental. I was... (23164 views)

Worms in stool. My dogs stool has a lot of worms in it. My Mom's friends takes care of a lot of... (18815 views)

Canine tooth extracted. My cat recently underwent a procedure to remove her broken, upper right canine. It... (7831 views)

Dog leaking urine when sleeping. My dog is leaking urine when she is sleeping. She pees on the bed or on the couch. ... (122620 views)

Fecal incontinence. My 11-year-old Pug was diagnosed with a luxating patella at 8 years of age. He was... (9548 views)

Dripping blood. My 13 year old female, spayed,Doberman is in good health (with lots of benign... (30475 views)

Should liver biopsy be done? Dear Dr Haines, I have a 10 year old Bichon-Poodle-Maltese mix male dog (Max). ... (7389 views)

The euthanasia procedure. I had to euthanize my 18.5 year old cat Quincy on Monday. He suffered from CRF and... (14986 views)