Does Vick's Vapo rub help cat's breathing?

Breed: mixed
My vet says my cat has a sinus tumor and a Iwas wondering if vicks would help him to breathe easier?

I'm so sorry to hear that Kitty may have a tumor in his nose.

Vicks actually can be mildly toxic to cats and can cause salivating, vomiting and diarrhea. So, unfortunately I would not suggest using vicks.

One thing that may help is to run the shower for a while and get the bathroom good and steamy. Then, you can have Kitty stay in the bathroom for 10 minutes. The steam may help to loosen up the congestion.

I hope this helps!

Excessive drooling Recently my cat, who is a little more than 15 years old, has stared excessively... (5687 views)

Dog with FCE Dr. M, We have a 40 pound bulldog terrier mix. Eight days ago he was fighting with... (8123 views)

What is this red lump on my dog's leg? dear dr marie, in the last week this oozy boil-like bump has shown up on my dog`s... (220690 views)

Can dogs drink tea? Can dogs drink tea? I have been told by quite a few people that it helps puppies to... (55808 views)

Irregular heart rhythm. MY 12 year old lurcher ran into a car and broke a leg and a few ribs he is in... (8910 views)

Albendazole for puppy? Long story short my little over 3 month old puppy has Giardia. Sidenote: she goes... (9438 views)

Limping kitten. I got a kitten on Monday. They said she is about 5 or 6 weeks old. For the first... (11782 views)

Behavior after having puppies My dog had puppies three weeks ago. She started acting funny and hid underneath the... (14509 views)

Patches of hair loss on snout. Hi, my dog Penelope has started to develop a patch of hair loss on the right side of... (19423 views)

Urinating outside of box. Hi Marie, We spoke briefly this morning about my cat. As I said this morning,... (8912 views)