Does Vick's Vapo rub help cat's breathing?

Breed: mixed
My vet says my cat has a sinus tumor and a Iwas wondering if vicks would help him to breathe easier?

I'm so sorry to hear that Kitty may have a tumor in his nose.

Vicks actually can be mildly toxic to cats and can cause salivating, vomiting and diarrhea. So, unfortunately I would not suggest using vicks.

One thing that may help is to run the shower for a while and get the bathroom good and steamy. Then, you can have Kitty stay in the bathroom for 10 minutes. The steam may help to loosen up the congestion.

I hope this helps!

Boxer with kennel cough. I adopted Shelby from a shelter. She has the kennel cough and I am treating her with... (15190 views)

Patellar luxation surgery for pomeranian? Hi, How necessary is it to have surgery on a 2 year old Pomeranian's back legs to... (6151 views)

Is this a liver shunt? Hello Dr. Marie, Murphy is 16 months old. For the first 6 months of her life, she... (4491 views)

Bengal Cat health questions. please could you read this topic Dr. Marie and answer to help this person? thank you... (9531 views)

Cat ate vitamin D3. I believe my cat accidentally ingested a 1000iu capsule of Vitamin D3 I read your... (28007 views)

Hypothyroidism? We have a 101 lbs. 7-year-old purebred Chocolate lab that has small to medium... (4605 views)

Recipe for skunk odor. My cat got sprayed by a skunk. What do you recomend to get rid of the... (9705 views)

Stress from travel. Hello, I have a question about my cat. He is 3 years old and he arrived in the UK... (4368 views)

Cat is not eating. Our 6 year old male cat has not been eating or Drinking. He has not been using the... (17484 views)

Limping dog. Hello, My dog is a GS mix - she is just over 1 yr old and weighs approx. 70 lbs. ... (19638 views)