Does Vick's Vapo rub help cat's breathing?

Breed: mixed
My vet says my cat has a sinus tumor and a Iwas wondering if vicks would help him to breathe easier?

I'm so sorry to hear that Kitty may have a tumor in his nose.

Vicks actually can be mildly toxic to cats and can cause salivating, vomiting and diarrhea. So, unfortunately I would not suggest using vicks.

One thing that may help is to run the shower for a while and get the bathroom good and steamy. Then, you can have Kitty stay in the bathroom for 10 minutes. The steam may help to loosen up the congestion.

I hope this helps!

Long term effects from chicken jerky? Hello Marie, I have been feeding my dog Wagon Wheel Chicken Strips for the better... (6976 views)

Bump on tail tip. I noticed a small bump near the very end of my dog's tail, about 1/2 inch wide. She... (43847 views)

Won't eat kidney diet. My cat is 17 years old. She has kidney disease and has been on kidney food (both... (17057 views)

Gerbil's head exploded. We have had two gerbils for a couple of years but last night one of there heads... (17256 views)

Dog died after coughing. Hi, My name is Tania. I had a Maltese/Shih tzu 12 years old. She had a stage one... (10597 views)

Chihuahua had a seizure. Hi , my daughter's dog is very tiny weighing just 3.8 lbs. Last night he was on my... (27200 views)

Trouble swallowing. My 6-year-old shepherd developed a major mucus production problem in the last month.... (15629 views)

Constipated dog. We have a large, 45kg, dog, mixed breed.He's five and a half years old. He is... (9867 views)

Large lymph nodes in a cat. My cat Miko seems to have swollen lymph nodes under her neck. They've been like that... (44962 views)

Dog throws up 3-5 times per week. Max is active & playful. He's a picky eater but seems to eat enough and drinks... (16484 views)